Word 2003: Macro to insert manual page breaks

We need to match the original layout of Word 2003 documents when
creating the HTML version for filing with the SEC. Some documents are
over 200 pages.  Currently we are inserting a manual page break at the
end of each page. Does Word use an internal code to know where to break
the pages for 8.5 x 11 paper that we could use in creating a macro?

--
Sprinter
Sprinter's Profile: 1480

Sprinter

No, not really.  Word derives (calculates) page breaks based on the current
printer driver.

Sprinter wrote:
>We need to match the original layout of Word 2003 documents when
>creating the HTML version for filing with the SEC. Some documents are
>over 200 pages.  Currently we are inserting a manual page break at the
>end of each page. Does Word use an internal code to know where to break
>the pages for 8.5 x 11 paper that we could use in creating a macro?

Fumei2
2/11/2010 6:37:02 PM
Fumei2, could it not be achieved by adding a field to each page and
inserting a page break after that?

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
'Microsoft Office Help' (http://www.thecodecage.com)
Simon Lloyd's Profile: 1
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=178495

Simon
2/11/2010 7:20:52 PM
Simon Lloyd;641061 Wrote:
> Fumei2, could it not be achieved by adding a field to each page and
> inserting a page break after that?

I have tried this but an error message comes up reading that it cannot
replace the field with a break no matter what I use.  Additionally, if I
inserted a field for each page this would take the same amount of time
as manually inserting the page breaks.  Since we have some documents
that are over 200 pages I was trying to find another avenue to save
processing time.

Thank you for your feedback.

--
Sprinter
Sprinter's Profile: 1480
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=178495

Sprinter
2/11/2010 7:33:13 PM
I was thinking perhaps in the header or footer as these would appear on
every page from one insertion, and not to replace the the field but
insert after.

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
'Microsoft Office Help' (http://www.thecodecage.com)
Simon Lloyd's Profile: 1
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=178495

Simon
2/11/2010 8:03:52 PM
Simon Lloyd;641180 Wrote:
> I was thinking perhaps in the header or footer as these would appear on
> every page from one insertion, and not to replace the the field but
> insert after.

I did insert the field in the footer but this seems to be what is
causing the issue.  I haven't tried inserting it in the header but will
attempt this.  I also tried your suggestion on not replacing the field
but inserting the break code after it but still received the error.

Thank you very much for the additional feedback!

--
Sprinter
Sprinter's Profile: 1480
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=178495

Sprinter
2/11/2010 8:11:52 PM
Hi Sprinter,

The field code for creating a manual page break is {QUOTE 12}. There's no point in putting such a field in the header or footer,
though, and putting it into the body of each page would take just as long (if not more so) than any other way you might think of.

As Fumei says, Word uses the active printer's driver to determine the page layout and where to insert the automatic page breaks.
Although you could use a macro to insert manual page breaks at the same point that Word inserts the automatic page breaks, the
manual page breaks could affect the formatting of any paragraphs that span the page break and, more importantly, could end up being
in the wrong place for any other printer driver.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Sprinter" <Sprinter.468l1z@thecodecage.com> wrote in message news:Sprinter.468l1z@thecodecage.com...

> Simon Lloyd;641180 Wrote:
>> I was thinking perhaps in the header or footer as these would appear on
>> every page from one insertion, and not to replace the the field but
>> insert after.
>
> I did insert the field in the footer but this seems to be what is
> causing the issue.  I haven't tried inserting it in the header but will
> attempt this.  I also tried your suggestion on not replacing the field
> but inserting the break code after it but still received the error.
>
> Thank you very much for the additional feedback!
>

> --
> Sprinter
> Sprinter's Profile: 1480
> View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=178495
>
> [url=&quot;http://www.thecodecage.com&quot;]Microsoft Office Help[/url]

0
macropod
2/11/2010 10:59:27 PM
Thank you so very much for your explanation.  This is good to know
although like everyone has advised, is a moot point for this instance.
Everyone's assistance is very much appreciated.

--
Sprinter
Sprinter's Profile: 1480
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=178495

[url=&quot;http://www.thecodecage.com&quot;]Microsoft Office Help[/url]

0
Sprinter

Outlook 2003 News

multiple flyers per page?

chart MAcro to change on activecell

printing 2 charts on single page

Outlook 2003 #79

Help Required

Canadian Mergers 2003

Outlook 2003 with XP SP2

Filters in Excel 2003

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

PDA-Outlook 2003

Macro to seperate data

Shortcut for inserting names?
Hi, I am building many formulas, each with many named cells as part of it. Currently I have to go to Insert | Name | Paste with the mouse each time I want to insert a name. I looked in Walkenbach's Excel Bible but couldn't find any mention of a keyboard shortcut or other shortcut. Is there one I could take advantage of? I've got Excel 2002. Thanks, Jamie ...

Merge code issues with Publisher 2003