Where can I find information about word htm styles

I am working with documents created in word and then saved as HTM files.
The issue is I am trying to decipher the documentation you see when you do
site and cannot find any documentation on styles used such as
mso-style-qformat or any of the mso type formatting.

If there is a resource on the internet could someone please share the
resource.

thanks,
--
Tucson

Good luck with that.  Sorry to say, but I think you will have difficulty
finding any useful information.

"I am working with documents created in word and then saved as HTM files.  "

This is a mistake, a BIG mistake.  Frankly, it is a bad idea.  Using Word to
create HTML files is simple asking for trouble.

Beaulne wrote:
>I am working with documents created in word and then saved as HTM files.
>The issue is I am trying to decipher the documentation you see when you do
>site and cannot find any documentation on styles used such as
>mso-style-qformat or any of the mso type formatting.
>
>If there is a resource on the internet could someone please share the
>resource.
>
>thanks,

Fumei2

How can I get a table to overflow to next page in Publisher?
How can I get a table to overflow to the next page in Publisher? Any help gratefuly received. Tables do not overflow... If the table is too large to fit on one page, try rotating it 90 degrees. It will be landscaped but it may fit. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "5airs55" <5airs55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:605F84BC-191E-4E07-8BB7-2BA232208DA5@microsoft.com... > How can I get a table to overflow to the next page in Publisher? Any help > gratefuly received. ...

Find computer tied to OEM Sofware
I have purchased several computers in the past few years that have had Office 2007 Installed. Due to the need to interface with a government agency that had not upgraded, we were forced to uninstall and downgrade to Office 2003. Now the agency is finally upgrading and I would like to use the previoulsy purchased software that came with these computers. I have 2 sets of disks that were labeled as "unassigned". Is there an easy way to figure out which computer they were purchased with? Purchased with or installed on? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ...

I need to Publish my pages as html and not htm.
When I publish my web page, it is saved as index.htm. I need it saved as html. All of the web pages that link to my main page use index.html and it woul dbe impossible to change all of their links. How can I save it as a html extension? In the save dialog you select the "index.htm" and type in "index.html". In the future please note that we have a web design forum for web publication questions. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] http://www.publishermvps.com http://www.davidbartosik.com "Hess" <Hess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91507F43-88...

Can't send mail in Outlook Express
I am getting the following error: The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'xxxxxx@xxxx.com'. Subject 'Read: Error', Account: 'Home', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP...

macro for post editing: can't close loop
I am trying to write a macro to post-process machine translated files. One of the issues with translation from EN to ES is that "please"+ command normally is translated without please, just the command. It would be a tedious task for post editors to delete every occurrence of "please" translation and the upper case the next sentence. On Jun 8, 11:11=A0am, rubendelafuente <ruben.rdelafue...@gmail.com> wrote: > I am trying to write a macro to post-process machine translated files. > One of the issues with translation from EN to ES is that "please&quo...

Finding a string in Excel cells
Not sure if this is an Excel problem or a general Microsoft products "feature", but here goes:- I've inherited a HUGE spreadsheet with 6 figures of cells in total(!) and I'm told that some have been highlighted for query or error with "???" in the cell (in addition to other text in that cell). Trouble is, as soon as I do "find" with the "?" character, it seems to ignore it, as if ? is some reserved character. Does anyone have any idea how I can get round this? Ta! The ? character is used as a wild card character (any single character). ...

Can I get Keyboard data not using Controls?
Is there any way I can detect a keyboard event while a Form is open, WITHOUT having to use the keyboard event handlers from the Control that has the Focus? For Example: Let's say I have Form that has only one Control, say a Textbox, and this Textbox is DISABLED so it can't take the Focus and receive keyboard events. Can I still somehow get the data coming from the keyboard and say, put it in a String. Of course, if the textbox were enabled and had the focus, I would want the data to ALSO go in the Textbox as it normally would. Thanks for any thoughts. hi, Ken ! > Is the...

can I convert a word document (MS 7) to a microsoft works format?
Can this be done. I have windows 7 and want to convert a word document so I can send to daughter who only has Microsoft works. Windows 7 is an operating system; it does not come with any version of Word (the subject of this newsgroup) or any other word processor except WordPad (Notepad is probably better regarded as a text editor). You can create a file in WordPad and save it in Word .doc or RTF format. But perhaps you mean that you also have Word 2007. If so, use Office Button | Save As | Word 97-2003 document. I believe most recent versions of Works can handle this format...

Looping Macro to Find and Mark
Hi All, I am looking for a macro that will search a variable length column to find a specific embedded character string (regardless of case, i.e., "Display", "display", "DISPLAY" are the same) and then color code the found cell (any color) and place an "X" in the cell one column to the right of the found cell in the same row. Any help would be appreciated. Wish list: I would like to set the macro in motion to search all worksheets. Search column will always be the same on each worksheet. Will only search one column. Thank you, Tony You c...

Can't read answer
The link in the email response displays a blank page. I can't read the answer to my question. Please try again. What was the question? When did you post the question? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "camaurer" <camaurer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CDE7C02-52F6-4D44-B81F-AC164C97CA0B@microsoft.com... > The link in the email response displays a blank page. I can't read the answer > to my question. Please try again. Instead of using that horrible web interface, try using a newsreader, such as Outlook Express, Windows Mail, or Wi...

Missing Header information
I have a client who is receiving emails fine, but when they view them in Outlook or the Web Interface the To: and CC: fields are blank? Any ideas... Thanks in advance. Ian Groves. Sorted now, installed SP1 and all start working as expected ??? "Ian Groves" <ian@REMOVE_THIS_BITigroves.f9.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23HuS9m9LFHA.1476@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I have a client who is receiving emails fine, but when they view them in >Outlook or the Web Interface the To: and CC: fields are blank? > > Any ideas... > > > Thanks in advance. > > ...

What can cause 'incorrect format' when compiling an MFC exe for win98 on win98?
Hello and thanks for helping. An mfc project I have been working on now produces .exes that make windows98 show 'incorrect format' message. I looked up the error in MSDN and this is what I found: Error11 An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. ERROR_BAD_FORMAT What can cause this? For some background, I have been developing a program on a win98 computer but then switched to a w2k computer for a while. Now I have to go back to the win98 computer and support the program on other win98 computers. Problem is, when I reinstalled VC++, cleaned then rebuilt al...

I can't launch WMP 11
When I tried to launch WMP it tells me that WMPLOC.DLL HAS A VERSION NUMBER 11.0.6000.6344 WHERE 11.0.6002.18111 WAS EXPECTED. Follow the instructions at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961047 Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk On 16/06/2010 13:04, DCardoso wrote: > When I tried to launch WMP it tells me that WMPLOC.DLL HAS A VERSION NUMBER > 11.0.6000.6344 WHERE 11.0.6002.18111 WAS EXPECTED. ...

Finding complete version info for Outlook 98?
Hi all, Does anyone know how to determine the complete version of Outlook 98 from within a C++ program? The Outllib.dll file usually contains the full version information (Outlook 97 and 2000, anyway) but for Outlook 98 all I get is "8.5". What I really need is a way to determine if Outlook 98 is at least version 8.5.5109. This is for an installation program. I need to be able to detect if they're running that version of Outlook 98 so that I can make the installer behave reasonably on older versions of Outlook 98. Any ideas? -- Chris Salter ...

How can I share my visio 2003 document?
HI, I'm drawing my project with visio 2003 UML. This file contains more than 15 pages and 200 classes(will be more and more) It's too slow when I save that page. Can I share my models(class architect) in my document with other document? And is there any way to share my document with other man so to write down simutanously and after that to merge all document in a file like cvs? Thanks in advance. No, this isn't possible. All the information needs to be in a single file. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and...

Can anyone tell me why this happens.....
Scenario: I have a large resource spreadsheet, and on a few tabs, I have MS Project plans linked in. On the same pages with the linked info, I have a few columns of functions that take data from the linked info and do various searches and lookup through it. On other tabs, I have tables, which assess certain criteria such as the week number and resource name. The cells do a SUMPRODUCT that adds the the hours for a given week for a given resource. Problem: When first linked all is fine, and is 50% of the time, but every so often when I update the links, the tabs with the tabular info...

can wrap text and merge be used together?
I thought that I was able to use wrap text and merge in a cell together but when I use them together it doesn't wrap. Please let me know if I can use the two controls together. Thank you Yes you can use wrap text and merge in a cell. Highlight the cells you want to merge together Format>cells click on Alignment Tab choose the wrap text and merge cells boxes That should do it although excel usually doesn't adjust the row height to show the wrap so you'll probably have to by dragging on the left or going through Format>Row>height "Elizabeth" wrote: >...

Word 2007 Ruler automatically ON after installation
At the first sorry for my bad English, its not my preferred mother language We Deploy Office 2007 automatically by an Client Management Suite, that works well and fine. But one Problem is left. The Horizontal Ruler in Word 2007 by default is off. What's the Solution to turn the Ruler after or by the installation automatically on. No interact needed by the User. Is ther an Registrykey or Works that only whit VBA? Thx for any Answeres ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this s...

I can't see the graphics in the document I am trying to create
Even tough I can click around on the document and find the pictures, they are invisible. I am trying to create a brochure in publisher but all of the images are invisible. How can I fix this? Thanks! View, pictures, detailed display, if that doesn't work... Read the third FAQ here. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Ryan J." <Ryan J.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:667...

XL2003: Pulldowns usu. to populate 1 cell, can we have entries for 3 cells?
I was wondering about something. This would revolutionize things considerably; I have a spreadsheet that I created 5 years ago that I use repeatedly. The difficulty is that if I could expand its efficiency, then it would be much more useful and would cut down on my work tremendously. When I enter items into the hidden worksheet that provides the pulldown info, it is usu. data that populates 1 cell in the column of the target sheet that is pulling the data. 1:1, in other words. Is there a way to have several pieces of information that populate several different cells in the target sheet? ...

How can I create a rule to copy OUTGOING mail to a specific folde.
I want to have e-mails that I send to various recipients automatically routed to folders containing all my correspondence with them. So far, when I try to create such a rule, it only ends up applying to INCOMING mail, not outgoing. What am I missing? You first. What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, ckanis asked: | I want to have e-mails that I send to va...

Can I use macros and templates in Word for MAC?
I have a collection of macros and templates I have created for the PC (Word 2003). Can they be used on a MAC? Thank you "Angie M." <AngieM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F6796EB-F837-4D01-88D6-653BEBBAB821@microsoft.com... >I have a collection of macros and templates I have created for the PC (Word > 2003). Can they be used on a MAC? > > Thank you Depends which version of Word for Mac you are using. Mac Word 2008 does not support VBA, so you would have to rewrite all your macros in Applescript. The templates you can conv...

Can I display the e-mal contact list as last name, first name?
New to Outlook 2003. When I open a contact list to address an e-mail, the names are displayed firt name, last name. I don't like this. Can I have the list displayed last name, first name as in the actual contact card? Thanks. You can change the display format of the Outlook Address Book here: Tools menu > Email accounts > View/Change existing directories/address books > Click Next > Highlight Outlook Address Book > Click Change "Mr. Tutt" <Mr. Tutt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5239651-5A75-490F-87BA-64B92A344B8D@microsoft.com... &g...

Can not snyc offline folders
Using windows xp latest sp and updates. Using Office 2003 latest updates. I am trying to sync my offline folders with the exchange 5.5 server and I am receiving this message. "You don't have the appropriate permission to perform this operation". It is a Microsoft office outlook error. I can send and receive e-mail it is just when I try to snyc. I have not had any problem untill today. I am the administrator on the local machine. I have tried the Dcom fix (which I read in another post) but still the same problem. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message poste...

How to set Word as email editor in Outlook 2007
In Outlook 2000, setting Word as the email editor is at Tools | Options | Mail format. That sequence does not work in Outlook 2007. Can someone tell me where they put it? Thanks -- Using Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000 No such option. There is no other editor. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "LurfysMa" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:nop443lkggblrcm5f7sokvbtnla8mh1abo@4ax.com... > In Outlook 2000, setting Word as the email editor is at Tools | > Options | Mail format. > > That sequence does not work in Outlook 2007. Can someone tell me where >...