Visual basic editor

I have word 2003 on Office 2003 professional.  When I try to open the visual
basic editor I get a message "VBE6ext.olb can not load" and an error message
"unexpected error 5001". How do i fix?

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 11:44:07 -0800, connat
<connat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have word 2003 on Office 2003 professional.  When I try to open the visual
>basic editor I get a message "VBE6ext.olb can not load" and an error message
>"unexpected error 5001". How do i fix?

Try selecting Office 2003 in the Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
dialog and running a repair.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Word as E-mail Editor #3
I have MS Word set to edit my email messages and every time I click new email I get a message that says "Another program is trying to access E-mail..." and it give me a choice to cick Yes to allow or No. go to www.officeupdate.com that issue was fixed a while back (in Office 2000 i know for sure) "Emiliano Pedroza" <EPedroza@colliersparrish.com> wrote in message news:1d99d01c423d2$6d5b70b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have MS Word set to edit my email messages and every > time I click new email I get a message that says "Another > program is trying to...

Is there a way to use in-line assembler instructions (IN,OUT, STI and CLI) in Visual C without having to make a SYS driver with the DDK?
Is there a way to use in-line assembler instructions (IN,OUT, STI and CLI) in Visual C without having to make a SYS driver with the DDK? Jaime Boloix wrote: > Is there a way to use in-line assembler instructions (IN,OUT, STI and CLI) > in Visual C without having to make a SYS driver with the DDK? > > In-line assembler instructions, yes. THOSE in-line assembler instructions, no! Those instructions are trapped by the operating system at run time. They are reserved for use in kernel mode only, which requires writing a SYS driver with the DDK. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ M...

Visual Basic and VBA Forum
Throne Software has opened up Visual Basic and VBA forums at: http://www.thronesoftware.com/forum/ Join us! ...

error: "Starting Word as You E-mail Editor"
Any help is appreciated - thanks for reading this. All the messages I read under Microsoft Troubleshooting seem to reference deleting Word Viewer 97, but it doesn't seem to be loaded on my programs. Also, I have gone under Tools, Options, Mail Settings and the box "choose Word as your editor" is checked. Unfortunately, I cannot create any new messages, or even respond to those sent to me. I am about to pay for support but was hoping someone out there may have seen this problem before. Thanks, again! Did you look at this? http://support.microsoft.com/default.asp...

Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for the Microsoft Office System 2003
Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for the Microsoft Office System 2003 Microsoft Corp. DATE......: 03-10-2003 TYPE......: Application OS........: WinALL DiSKS.....: xx/02 PROTECTiON : NONE/RETAiL RELEASE NOTES Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for the Microsoft Office System provides developers the tools and technologies they need to build the next generation of solutions for the Microsoft Office System. Visual Studio Tools for the Microsoft Office System includes: Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for the Microso...

Spaces Are Displayed Incorrectly When Using MS Word as Editor
Windows 2K Pro. Office XP Pro. Outlook 2002. Using MS Word as message editor for Outlook. Outlook uses OST. Spaces are displayed wrong - as dots at half the height of a lower-space letter (in English) or as empty squares (in Japanese). Anybody experienced this problem before? Seems like re- createing the profile does not solve the problem. Re- installing MS Office also did not help. ...

question using visual basic
I am using excel spreadsheets to track sales in a business. I enter sales data each week onto a spreadsheet and wqs given the formula below to use so it would automatically be entered onto a invoice I created on a separate excel sheet. I have used this vis basic code to do that: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "AP4" Then Worksheets("$INV1").Range("$A$22").Value = _ Target.Value End If If Target.Address = "AP5" Then Worksheets("$INV1").Range("$A$23").Value = _ Target.Value I w...

In 2003 is there a way to enable using MS Word as email editor...
I know you go into options to do it, but the only option I see is Word 2003, and that is grayed out. I have Office XP, and Office 2000. How do you enable Word as the email editor using either of those office suites? TIA, Eric You don't. Word 2003 is required. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:111D0E75-A861-47FB-A31B-E694A2D822BC@microsoft.com... >I ...

Basic Chart
I'm fairly new to Charting and I have data like this.. I want to show the line's BTS by week. The Chart wizard does not give me what I need... Please help if possible.. I'd like a line chart Line Week BTS 6600 1 86.67% 6810 1 58.00% 7610 1 88.80% 8600 1 95.43% 8610 1 90.42% 8620 1 90.08% 8650 1 55.84% 8660 1 91.85% 8670 1 96.41% 8690 1 89.00% 6600 2 88.29% 6810 2 83.75% 7610 2 81.81% 8600 2 89.81% 8610 2 70.87% 8620 2 115.11% 8630 2 69.66% 8650 2 81.02% 8660 2 75.56% 8670 2 100.65% 8690 2 101.04% 6600 3 84.20% 6810 3 95.00% 7610 3 88.80% 8600 3 95.17% 8610 3 81.46% 8620 3 103....

Basic Public Folder operations
We just moved from 5.5 on 2000 to 2003EE on 2003. I have about 100 email boxes that were not associated with user accounts and permissioned in 5.5 to allow access to these boxes for everyone. We've had to create all these stupid little user accounts for these boxes now and disable those accounts, take them out of our policies etc... So we've done that. Additionally, I have an office in New York and an office in London that share these things, and I don't want my London users to have all that much lag when they connect to a box that is physically kept in NY. The more I ...

Corrupt fonts in Equation Editor for OfficeX?
Hi - When I first installed OfficeX under OS 10.2.6, Equation Editor worked fine for awhile (several weeks), then suddenly the single dot which goes over a letter started showing up as a double less than sign (<<). Is this a corrupt font problem? I've tried changing my default font styles in Equation Editor, but no matter what font I select, it still prints wrong now (though sometimes after first changing the font style, it will print correctly for 1 time, then revert to << again. I know OSX has multiple font folders - where is Equation Editor looking for its fonts? Help! Thank...

"MS Analysis Tool"
Hi all Is there any tool called "MS Analysis Tool" ? what does it mean ? Do you know any sample tool name ? Many thanks. - MSK Microsoft Baseline Security Analyser (MBSA) perhaps? See http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/tools/mbsahome.mspx "MSK" <mannaikarthik@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1149839769.105243.154390@j55g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi all > > Is there any tool called "MS Analysis Tool" ? what does it mean ? Do > you know any sample tool name ? > > Many thanks. > > - MSK > ...

Cant use word as e-mail editor
If I check Word as e-mail editor in Outlook options, I get following message: "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." I de- and re-installed Office XP complete but issue is still occuring. If you open Word, normally, does it run? >-----Original Message----- >If I check Word as e-mail editor in Outlook options, >I get following message: "This form requires Word as your >e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be >found. The form will be open...

Allow Excel to retain HTML hypertex done from another editor.
When creating an html file using Microsoft Excel 2002 (10.6501.6735) SP3 to compare the first ever printed English books side by side as posted at: http://pcministry.com/PentJona/index.htm Then editing the HTML files manually with another text editor in order to include hypertext for going directly to a passage: 1:1</td> to 1:1<A NAME="1:1"></A></td> And later trying to update the file in Excel again, after saving it, found out that Excel removes the hypertext: 1:1<A NAME="1:1"></A> Thus all the hypertext development I had done was lost...

XML Appearance in Visual Studio 2005 versus Visual Studio 2003
Hi All, We used to see xml in visual studio 2003 under 2 tabs XML & Data; one for xml text and the other for Table Data View of xml. In Visual Studio 2005 that doesn't appear any more, only xml text is present. Is there any setting should I do to get the Data tab of xml in Visual Studio 2005? Many Thanks and Best Regards, Bishoy Once you open the .XML file in IDE, right click and select "View Data Grid" Option, which is similar to the same that you are expecting. One suggestion, for all teh IDE related queries, pl post them at IDE Group. HTH -- Every thing is p...

Question about Using Windows XP Visual Styles
Hi, I was reading MSDN article about using windows XP visual style in the application. In that article, they have given steps for Using ComCtl32 Version 6 in an Application That Uses Extensions, Plugins, or a DLL That is Brought into a Process In that section they have written that: Add the manifest to your application's resource file as follows: CREATEPROCESS_MANIFEST_RESOURCE_ID RT_MANIFEST "YourApp.manifest" I don't know where I have to add this line in my application. If I add above lines in my resource.h, it gives compilation errors. If anybody know where to add...

From Access 2003 to Access 2007 through Visual SourceSafe 2005
Hi all... I've just uninstalled A2003 and installed A2007 and I've worked with Access and VSS since 2000, so I've lots of projects under VSS. Now I'm creating the Access database form an old VSS project with A2007 and it creates a MDB file instead of an ACCDB file, even though the defalu version is A2007. However, if I create a new database and I add it to VSS, A2007 will create an ACCDB file. I've noticed that my old projects have, into VSS, ACB and ACN subfiles, while the new project has ACD and ACX files and I've also read that ACB is for MDB whil ACD is for ...

Possible to automate Powerpoint from within Excel or Visual Basic?
Hi! I have written a VBA macro in my Powerpoint file. I want to be able to have Excel (or a Visual Basic standalone program) to load Powerpoint and automatically run this macro. Does anyone know if this is doable? I tried recording my keystrokes into an Excel macro, but the farthest I was able to get was to activate Powerpoint. Thanks for your help. Greg In XL, you can create a PPT Application object using: Dim oPPTApp Set oPPTApp = Application.CreateObject("PowerPoint.Application") /i. "Greg_Del_Pilar" <Greg_Del_Pilar@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Sdmqb...

writing visualizations + direct3d
If there is a better newsgroup, let me know. There doesn't seemto be one for media player developers. I created a visualization plugin that uses D3D. I used the wizard to create a sample app and used that as the starting but there are problems. When the Media Player window is rescaled, the drawing area of d3d doesn't seem to scale with it as it should. It screws the graphics up and I see a flashing green area. When I close MP, the desctructor isn't called and the direct3d surface doesn't get destroyed and I'm afraid this causes resource leaks. It's not as easy as I ...

Missing Drop Down command in Visual basic
I have a combobox in the city field of a form. I want to have the combobox open automatically when you leave the address field. I have done this many times. I went into the after update property of the address field and entered me!city.setFocus to change the focus to the city field. Then always before when I went into the next line and typed city.Dropdown Visual basic help came up and the Dropdown command was there. Now even if I type it out..... nothing happens. I remember it always had a green mark beside it when I used it before and it came up in visual basic help. Anyway i...

Print titles
The "print titles" option under page setup/sheet is grayed out. How can I get it to work since I have multiple sheets that I need to carry over the titles when I print out the sheets? The titles I need are not in the first column or row. I see how it is done if it was available. GA -- My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly. If you are accessing Page Setup from the Print Preview screen, thos options will be grayed out. You need to access it from the main menu File>Page Setup | Sheet. Does this work for you -- swatsp0 -------------------------------------------...

Microsoft Visual Basic
I have dabbled in macros in EXCEL (or was it LOTUS) years ago but somehow missed the boat when Microsoft Visual Basic for EXCEL was introduced. I know how to record a macro but that's about it. I really need to learn more so I can program or edit recorded steps. It is my perhaps wrong uncerstanding that the Microsoft Visual Basic is simpler than the true Visual Basic. If so, can someone recommend a book or text wherein I can learn what I need for EXCEL macros? Is it in the help file? Thanks! Grace VB takes sometime to work out, but you really only learn with examples of th...

We're Talking Basic (I think)
I am creating a price list. BIG. I want to be able to go into the price list and apply a percentage increase throughout every cell that has a dollar value. :rolleyes: Change the prices by th percent desired, drag and drop into a layout, print and send t customers.:confused: I have no Excel experience to speak of and no "User handbook"). :eek: What say? Anyone who can help? :confused: Thank you. G -- gwhayduk ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gwhayduke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3688 Vie...

Recommendation for Good Books to Learn Access 2003 and Visual Basic for Applications
I am a experienced mainframe computer programmer but I have no experience with Access or VBA. I need to learn Access 2003 and VBA for a project that I am taking over from a contractor who was fired. I am familiar with relational database concepts and SQL, but again I have very little actual experience using them. I believe the databases involved are already set up and the data dictionary part of the application is already working. I know some java so object oriented programming, concepts, and design patterns are not new to me. I am told that the actual VBA code involves ...

Help ! Outlook 2002 unable to use Word as editor
I am presently in career transition and need to use Outlook extensively as well as its advanced functions. Settings, views, user defined fields and links are very important presently. Here is my persisting problem: "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead". This is the message that I get after installing and uninstalling a demo version of the Outlook addin "eMAIL MERGE 4 Outlook". I have tried: 1) the REGDEDIT solution as described in http://support.microsoft.com/...