VBA Find a Replace

After standing the test for over a year, a problem with my VBA Find and
Replace AddIns was indentified by a user in Moscow Russia yesterday.  If you
remember, the last problem identified and fixed was how to find text in the
shape range of any shape located in the header/footer story ranges of a
document.  Through ignorance and lack of comprehensive testing, I failed to
consider grouped shapes, individual shapes in a drawing canvass, and grouped
shapes in a drawing canvass that are in a header\footer story range.  By
adding a new recursive sub-routine this issue is now also fixed.  If you use
the AddIns you can download the revised versions here:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/VBA_Find_And_Replace.htm

--
Greg Maxey

See my web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
for an eclectic collection of Word Tips.

Arrogance is a weed that grows mostly on a dunghill (Arabic proverb)

0
Greg

How Can I find and replace symbols in excel data ( white square)
I need any input or help Hi try: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm#trimall -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany alawhizkid wrote: > I need any input or help ...

Creating bookmarks via VBA
Dear experts: I wonder whether the following is possible I got five text entries, each in its own paragraph text1 text2 text3 text4 text5 With all 5 paragraphs selected is it possible to create 5 five bookmarks automatically via VBA with the following names: text1 (bookmark name: product_de) text2 (bookmark name: product_en) text3 (bookmark name: product_es) text4 (bookmark name: product_fr) text5 (bookmark name: product_it) I hope this is feasible and not beyond the scope of this forum. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andrea...

How do I find out if I have Office 2000
How do I find out if I have Office 2000 on my computer? It is a Compaq 1700T. I bought it in August, 2001 Can you open Word or Excel? If yes, then Help|about should give you some indication of the version. But Office (any version) isn't bundled free with any computer (as far as I know). You have to pay for it separately (it isn't part of Windows (any version)). Agnes wrote: > > How do I find out if I have Office 2000 on my computer? It is a Compaq > 1700T. I bought it in August, 2001 -- Dave Peterson Start>Run and type in Excel and press enter, then click he...

I cannot find hatched/transparency option for objects in Ppoint
Can anybody advise how to apply a hatch fill to an object and also adjust the transparency of the fill. I could do it in 2003 version but am struggling with 2007. Thanks Pattern fills were removed in PPT 2007. (They're back in PPT 2010, though.) -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "Brian Mooney" <Brian Mooney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Weird Finding
I have a formula set up to calculate the difference between 2 times. Cell A2 = 10:00 AM Cell B2 = 10:25 AM The formula in Cell A3 is =(B2-A2)*1440. This formula returns the total minutes between the two times into Cell A3 which the value is 25. I have conditional formatting set up to fill in the cell color as red if the value is less than 25. For some reason, the cell is filling in red for the calculation between 10:00 AM and 10:25 AM which is incorrect due to the value being exactly 25. However, if I do a calculation of 11:00 AM to 11:25 AM, the cell with the conditiona...

Advanced Find doesn't work
After having updated my Office 2000 version with service release 1a and service pack 3 the Outlook 2000 advanced find function no longer works. It doesn't deliver any results and pretends to continue searching forever. Anyone any ideas about this problem? Thanks, Steve Same problem here....except it doesnt seem to keep searching. It will only find something within the last day or so. "Steve Kraft" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00a501c3c472$93d71c90$a601280a@phx.gbl... > After having updated my Office 2000 version with service > rele...

Using client PC to find the functnl level of my log-in AD domain
Using Windows XP service pack3 to login to AD domain. Running the GPresult from the command prompt returns the following: RSOP results for TMS\TABATAJ on PD9403355 : Logging Mode --------------------------------------------------------- OS Type: Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Configuration: Member Workstation OS Version: 5.1.2600 Domain Name: ABC Domain Type: Windows 2000 Site Name: DATA-HUB-SITE Roaming Profile: Local Profile: C:\Documents and Settings\tabataj Connected over a slow link?: No -------------------- Can I conclude that the Functional level ...

Excel 2003 - VBA
I need someone to give me a few buzz words and point me to some reference work so that I can get started. I want to place several buttons on a worksheet that will help the user move around. I need to create a button then upon activation change the Caption and execute a macro that will create a button on another sheet. upon activation of this button, I will execute a macro and at the end of the macro, delete the button. In order to work with the button I need to name it then address it to make the changes and ultimately delete it. Here is the code I used to create the first button: Active...

Need help finding non-duplicates email addresses...
Hi, I have a list of email addresses which I would like to find only the new email addresses within the list. Inside of my Excel worksheet I have a row of e-mail addresses. Some of the names are duplicated which tells me they already exist somewhere in the row. I wish to display only the new names. Can you tell me how this can be done in Excel? Thanks in advance for your assistance, Greg Hi, Select the row. GoTo conditional formatting, Select Formula-Is option in first combo, enter =COUNTIF(1:1,A1)>1 in second box. Select format and select suitable font,colour etc. Click OK. Every repe...

Add and replace in notepad
Im trying to re-format a very large data set so that i can make use of it. THe data is set out something like this: -1222 -1293 -1283 -8937 -2839 -2840 -3243 and i need it to be like this. -1222 -1293 -1283 -8937 -2839 -2840 -3243 Yes, i could do this manually but with about 65,000 entries this will take to long. I was hopeing to use the find & replace function to find all the gaps and replace them with [ENTER], but this i can not do. Does anybody know how to do this or of any other way of re-formatting data like this. Cheers, Andy, I...

Outlook Search/Find feature
Hello, As per an ongoing Audit policy. We need to look for specific words in some mailboxes. I tried the find? advanced find feature but could not find a way to look for an excat word. For instance: If I need to look for the exact word brooks, I don't need the search results to come up with holbrooks as well as brooks. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Hi lara, maybe this program is a help Lookout V.1.2 on http://home.arcor.de/andreas.roeder-privat/OL_Prog.htm#18 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Dat...

Search and replace query

Excel: Replace strings with a Matrix formula
Hello NG, the following sheet: - In column A are words in German. - In column B are the translated words in English. - In C1 is one English clause with only one single German word in it. ToDo: I want translate this word in English and write it o D1. But I dont want to use VBA or more then one cell for the calculation. Such solutions I can make for myself. I'm working since several years with Excel and VBA. Currently I'm playing with this matrix formula. (I have translated the Excel function names from German to English, but I dont know if I used the right words.) {=IF(ISERROR(SEARCH...

replacing data
Here is my spreadsheet: 0001 0002 Last First 0002 0005 Last First 0005 0040 Last First 0006 0007 0008 0009 0010 0011 0012 0013 0014 0015 0016 0017 0018 I want to replace the numbers from the new sheet with the information into a master sheet that is numbered in Column A from 0000-10000. I have made a master sheet and different people are going to give me "mini" master sheets with info. and I want to put everything on the master sheet and not loose the numbers in Column A, but replace those numbers with the numbers from the mini sheets. Thank...

Input box replace text in textbox
How can I modify the macro below with input box code to replace "2008" by "2009" using an input box - so that i can replace "2008" by "2010" more easily if required - thxs Sub masschange() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim longstr As String Dim i As Long For Each ws In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets For Each shp In ws.Shapes 'shp.Select If shp.Type = msoOLEControlObject Then If TypeOf shp.OLEFormat.Object.Object Is MSForms.TextBox Then If shp.Type = msoOLEControlObject Then If TypeOf shp.OLEFormat.Obje...

Any short key finding special cell?
Hi, I am new in excel and looking for ways to increase efficiency with it. I have a long spreadsheet, i am interested in some rows where col A is a specific value, says, X, for example Col A Col B Col C row 1 X B C .... row 100 X BB CC .... row 250 X BBB CCC Is there any ways in excel that i could use to go to row 100 directly? I am just wild guessing, is it possible to have a macro to access that row and assign a short key to it. For example, is it possible that, a marco M to find next row where c...

VBA coding to retrieve data from Access to Excel :S
Hey everyone, This is what i have so far. I have an excel workbook with 3 worksheets, SETUP, DATA and DISPLAY. I have been using a pre-coded program to bring data from a database where the program using the SETUP sheet from the excel workbook as its critaria and then populates the DATA sheet. I then can use the DATA sheet to display data in the DISPLAY sheet in which ever way i want. Complication is that this pre-coded program is limited to the amount of tables it can hit at a time. Basically its programmed to read up to 3 tables. I now need data from 5 tables all together. The first t...

Finding current printer page number
I have hunted for this without success. I want to know - programmatically - what page the active cell is in. More precisely, what page ActiveCell.Top is in. (I take it some sows can split into more than one page.) I want to automate putting manual page breaks into a sheet. I would put breaks at or before those automatically inserted by Excel. Thanks -- Walter Briscoe In message <KBH7nVN7dSuJFwvS@freenetname.co.uk> of Thu, 12 Mar 2009 15:17:15 in microsoft.public.excel.newusers, Walter Briscoe <wbriscoe@nospam.demon.co.uk> writes >I have hunted for this without success. >...

-Replace with "$"
Hi gents, today I run into following problem - one of strings that I am manipulating with contains "$" character. This can happen easily - it is UNC path with hidden share: "\\server\share$" -Replace is not able to handle it: "\\server\share$" -Replace "share$", "x" System.String method Replace works fine - however is case sensitive :( Any idea? Is it bug, or feature? :) Thanks, Martin As soon as I posted it, I realized why it doesn't work - it's regex after all :) -Replace "share\$", "x&qu...

Edit VBA
'Hi 'Below is a code given to me by one of the many good people around here replaced with "=" instead of "<>". 'Question is that I only need to be notified ONCE that cell B72 and B73 are equal (not when both are blank or zero ) 'because right now my worksheet keeps chiming anytime I input any value anywhere even when both mentioned cells are both blank. Private Declare Function sndPlaySound32 Lib "winmm.dll" Alias _ "sndPlaySoundA" (ByVal lpszSoundName As String, _ ByVal uFlags As Long) As Long Private Sub Worksheet_C...

VBA Macro change column contents
I have a column in a worksheet which has a list of 3 digit numbers. I want to change the 3 digits to become 4 digits, the new fourth digit has to be a leading zero, i.e 355 to become 0355. I prefer the format of the digits to be a number but a text format would not be a problem. The length of the digits in the column are not static. i.e one month there may be 200 rows of data the next might be 300 and I would want the macro to cater for this variation. Thanks -- James James, A macro simply isn't necessary, select the column and apply a custom format of 0000 that...

Using Access VBA to Format Conditionally in Excel
Here's a problem I have been stuck on for the last three months. I have a lot of VBA code in an access module that creates queries and tables. At the end of the code, I transfer all this information to an excel spreadsheet using the transfer spreadsheet option. I then have a batch of code which opens the spreadsheet, formats it, saves it and closes it. It works like a dream. However, the code is currently telling the excel spreadsheet to select collumns K and L and turn the whole columns pink. What I actually want is the code to search through columns K and L and turn an individual c...

VBA Training
Are there any good books out there that would assist someone who wants to learn VBA from the ground up? Something that would take a person from a beginner to mid-level or beyond? Just wondering what others have done to become proficient. Rick Hi Rick, I bought a book for Excel 2000 that is loaded with all kinds of useful stuff. The book is called Excel 2000 Power Programming with VBA, by John Walkenbach. It includes a CD. Over 800 pages, a big book. Donna "Rick" wrote: > Are there any good books out there that would assist someone who wants to > learn VBA from the ...

Finding Duplicates and somehow flagging them in another column
HI, I have a friend who needs to find duplicates in an Excel spreadsheet. She then needs the duplicates to me marked some way to show they are a duplicate...like putting a checkmark for that item in a separate column. Any advice or help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Ken See www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm for some examples. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "KenRamoska" <KenRamoska@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF614DA0-F9E9-4F09-AA8A-F8D477FF1460@microsoft.com... > HI, >...

How can I find a dialog resource's caption without creating a dialog box?
Greetings! I've got a strange situation. After downloading the latest source code for our project from our repository, one particular dialog box is displayed correctly when the project is built in release mode, but not when it is build in debug mode. An error is thrown from a call to DDX_Control(), complaining that a particular resource ID is not associated with a data control. The ID is where it's supposed to be. After well over a day of fishing, I decided to try to see what dialog resources my application knows about. Actually, the problematic dialog box is being shown as one p...