using interop to create document word 2007

I am using c# and word interop to open a mailmerge document fill it in and
then display it to the user. Once i display it the c# app has nothing more to
do with the word document. The user can edit it as needed and then save it as
a pdf and that is fine.

The issue is I would like to set the default path for the document and it
could be a network drive or sharepoint and will change every time also it
will never be where the original document was opened.

Using data from cells in a Query to a MS Access Database
I need to use a MS Excel 2003 spreadsheet to perform a simple set of calcs. One piece of information I need is stored in an Access Database. If I could have, I would have converted the spreadsheet to an MS Access database and programmed the query to use information from text boxes. However, not all employees in the company have MS Access on their computer. So I need to use an external query in Excel to look at the MS Access Database. I can do that pretty easily. The Query Wizard walks you right through it. However, I need to make it so that the criteria for the query is drawn ...

MS-Word to XML to HTML
I have a need to convert MS-Word Documents (6.0 / 97 / 2000 / 2003) to XML and from XML to HTML. This needs to be done programmatically with C/C++/C#. Any information on doing this would greatly be appreciated. Thanks, Dave ...

Office 2007
My girlfriend wants me to add German to my English installation of Office 2007 on Win XP SP3 Do I have to buy a Language Pack to make this work? (It seems as though for the 2010 version, you can just download Language packs, but for 2007, you need to buy the separate languages; do I have this right? Can we use it separately, in different languages, seamlessly? Thanks -- TrickTrash "TrickTrash" <tricktrashnoemail.com> wrote in message news:Ogmg0RFSLHA.796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > My girlfriend wants me to add German to my English installation o...

new message window (Microsoft Word) opens 1/2 way!
When we go to compose a new message in Outlook 20000, the window only opens up 1/2 way and we have to maximize it. There have been a few times that the window will open up all the way but not sure if there is either a regestry setting or local setting that would control this feature??? Thanks! On hands and knees, Paul crawls to SilverRaven and begs: >When we go to compose a new message in Outlook 20000, the >window only opens up 1/2 way and we have to maximize it. >There have been a few times that the window will open up >all the way but not sure if there is either a re...

How to create a WS_POPUP window like menu window?
I do not want to use the CMenu or HMENU, and created a WS_POPUP window, make it looks like a menu, but when my menu window activeted, the main app window's title bar become gray. You know the system menu can get mouse move msg and the main app window's title bar do not became gray, Is there any hint? John Smith "John Smith" <tap05@126.com> wrote in message news:%2330OT9mYJHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I do not want to use the CMenu or HMENU, and created a WS_POPUP window, >make it looks like a menu, > > but when my menu window activeted, the m...

How do you open PDF files with Word 2007?
I must figure out how to open PDF files in Word 2007. I am taking on line classes and work is shared in PDF format. I have a new Dell Inspiron laptop that came loaded with Windows 7. I have had it a week and need help. I tried to download the Microsoft PDF add on, but it did not work. I can only read code when I open incoming PDF files. The default program is listed as Word. What am I doing wrong? You don't. You need a PDF reader, the most common being Adobe Acrobat Reader which you can download for free. It is huge and has some clever tools, but if you only want to read th...

Edit and resave document attachments
Does anyone know of a way to edit an attached document within CRM 3.0 and save the edit without creating a new attachment. We have a complex proposal/quote template in Word we attach to an account, but it often needs to go through revisions with the customer until finalized. The template is too complex to put into the "Quotes" in CRM, and we need to be able to access it remotely and associate with an account, so we can't save on a file drive. Is there anything we can use short of a massive development with SDK? Thanks, Malcolm Hello Malcolm, You can do that if you us...

Money crash creating savings account
I am running Money version 12 under Vista home premium. When I select the "Investing" pull down menu and then select "Saving" from the list displayed money crashes. I have repaired my money file and tried it on the repaired money file and it still fails. I have copied the Sample.MNY file to my documents, where my normal money file is stored, and the facility works Ok I do not think I have ever tried to use this facility before. ...

windows 2007 power point
I have to send my power point presentation to a school and I want to be able to have the link for the file to be able to open and start playing immediately with the presentation without them having to go to power point and hit slide show etc. How do I do that? "Susanne" <Susanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A19FA37A-4199-4E8F-BE7D-993F61647352@microsoft.com... > I have to send my power point presentation to a school and I want to be > able > to have the link for the file to be able to open and start playing > immediately wit...

Creating a cursor on the fly
Hi, I would like to create a cursor on the fly, it is only going to be a white square but because it will be different sizes it would be better to create it on the fly. Anybody have any idea on how i can create a cursor on the fly like that? Thanks. Sims Cursors are actually a BMP sprite, I have tried once saving a BMP file as .cur and it worked! Create a BMP on the fly and set it as a cursor, try it! - Vicky Vigia "Sims" <siminfrance@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<#J5AQlSnDHA.2432@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>... > Hi, > > I would like to create a cursor ...

Creating a Pivot Chart
I am sure there is a pretty simple trick to this that I just cannot figure out. I would like to put these currencies into a pivot table and be able to filter by Country. My ideal situation would be able to set up a Pivot graph that I could pick and choose which currency I wanted to show using the report filter. Everytime I try I cannot get this result. My sheet is set up as the following. Colums have the Country Currency Ticker USD, JPY, GBP, etc with the values beneath them. The rows are labeled by date starting at 1/1/2006 to 10/22/08 starting in cell. The column labels start ...

Migrating Autotext from 2003-2007 in Outlook
Hi, I'm trying to get the 400 or so Autotext entries my boss uses from the Normal11.dot into NormalEmail.dotm (At least I think that's what I'm trying to do!) - The problem is that although the auto-text works OK in Word 2007 - it does not work in the cut-down version of word that Outlook 2007 now uses. The only way I've found to do this is going through and INDIVIDUALLY clicking each entry in Building Block Organizer and changing the Save- In location to NormalEmail.dotm - this would take hours and hours and hours since there are about 400 autotext entries. Any deirections ...

Where to find documentation on IDispatch errors?
Hello again, I am trying to figure out how to look up IDispatch errors. I couldn't find the documentation that explains IDispatch errors by their error ID (ex: #32). Can anyone point me to documentation where I can find a list of IDispatch errors and their descriptions? The error I'm trying to figure out the meaning of is IDispatch error #32. Thank you, Mete You did better post this to a programmer's group... IDispatch is a COM interface. It is documented in MSDN: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/automat/htm/chap5_3alw.asp. Typically IDispatch ...

cannot use wildcards in LDAP query
I am using genifax and two of the tools they provide error out when using wildcards as part of an LDAP query in the production envioronment. I also tried the tool against servers running LDAP in different sites but they fail. I tested this tool against a lab machine all the same service pack/patches and it works correctly. Any ideas? sorry this is a 5.5 server running sp4 on nt4 sp6a "Charles Hibbits" <Charles_hibbits@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23v7mrVmJEHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I am using genifax and two of the tools they provide error out when using...

Reporting services available for use with access?
I am building a DB in access for my project managers, some will be using just access. Is it possible that report builder can be used in Access? In some way? ...

Publisher 2007 toolbar icons
How can I change the icon for one of the commands I've added to (customized on) the toolbar? I did it in Pub2003 but don't know & can't find how! let alone know if it's available in 07. Thanks. bj Right-click the icon while the customize menu is open, there are options. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "bjm" <bjones44@verizon.net> wrote in message news:uLQcewbyJHA.1380@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How can I change the icon for one of the commands I've added to (customized > on) the toolbar? > > I did it in Pub2003 but don't k...

Inserting Excel Data into Word Columns
Hi, I am fairly new to VBA and Excel/Word and have been trying to automat a sheet we have, I have created the Excel Sheet and unfortunately th Word doc was created sometime ago and cannot be changed. I have searched this forum and found this code: Code ------------------- Sub CreateNewWordDoc() ' to test this code, paste it into an Excel module ' add a reference to the Word-library ' create a new folder named C:\Foldername or edit the filnames in the code Dim wrdApp As Word.Application Dim wrdDoc As Word.Document Dim i As Integer Set wrdApp = CreateObject(&qu...

Using lparam in cheaderctrl
Hi there, I know that when insertcolumn is called from inside a clistctrl, it takes care of calling methods in header control to add the header text. However is there a way of sending some more information. I want to make use of the cheaderctrl's (HD_ITEM'S) lparam which is supposed to be an application define lparam. Can I do this at the time of inserting the columns? If not, when and how can I do it? Because then when I get a notification of onheaderclicked, I want to be able to read the value stored in this lparam to do stuff accordingly. Thank you. I think it's kinda anno...

Using ADODB, how do I create a msgbox when duplicate data is enter
Hello, I am having a problem creating a msgbox, when data entered through a form into a table is duplicated. I would like for a msgbox to popup, and warn the user for dupliucate data, before the actual data is entered into the table. I have an index for no duplicate set on a field in a table. How would I go about this? I have seen code for Jet, and have tried to translate it over to ADODB, but with many problems. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks I don't know the code which is causing the problems with Jet but have you tried working with the 'match&#...

Excell 2007 Dates and combining 2 cells
I have created a date in Excel with the format of 03/01/01 in the form of mm/dd/yy Sometimes it will display the date in the cell and sometimes it will display a 5 digit number. Also, even if it displays correctly in a cell when combining 2 cells (1 cell being the word date- and the other cell being the date as 03/01/01in the form of mm/dd/yy The combination will be the date and a six digit number. Example Date-16425. What do I need to do in these situations to that it will display the date correctly in one cell( 03/03/01) and display the date correctly in combined cells (Date- 03/...

Reports created in Access 2003
When we upgraded to 2007 all the reports that had been created in 2003 were no longer on the toolbar at the top of the screen and I can't find them anywhere. Help. ...

COUNTIF using 2 ranges??
OK, here's the deal. I have a worksheet with about 500 rows of data, o each row has a unique ticket number, a type code (1-9) and a compan name (about 20 different companies) What I need to do is get th results for each company and each code. Therefor, the number o tickets that belong to company XYZ that have a code of 3 would b entered into one field. Then 4, 5, 6 etc. I have tried COUNTIF and array formulas but have has no success. I you have any ideas, please share. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Snickstx, a pivot table will give you what you are looking...

using xml to build ASP.NET applications
hiya, ATM, I use vis studio to drag and drop controls on to my web forms. Apparently, an app can be built via XML and XSLT.I've been googling, but I'm still none the wiser as to why people would go to a low level of xml when they could use the IDE? Is it because: 1) the same xml can be used to build cross-platform apps? 2) it performs better (maybe there is less metadata if done in this way)? 3) it is easier to modify using XSLT than it is to go in and manually alter controls that have been dropped onto a webform? Can anyone give me a clue? Also, the people that use XML to build t...

Corporate Upgrade to Office 2007 SP2
Currently: Office 2003 SP3 applications on XP 2002 SP2 Upgrade to Office 2007 SP2 suite We are planning a corporate upgrade from 2003 apps to 2007 suite for 100,000+ users globally. My question is what are the known issues with this upgrade, whether they are server issues, application issues, functionality issues, etc. I have cross-posted this to the usual applications as well as windows.upgrade and office.misc so I can capture all users of these applications as well as the network people. I am aware of the usual new 2007 user interface issues but are there any problems we can head off at...

Company Payment Document Management
Hello: What is the Company Payment Document Management window in GP 10.0? I have seen a printscreen on it and supposedly it is in the Tools...Setup...Company area. But, I do not see it in 10.0. What's it about? Why can I not see it in Fabrikam 10.0? Thanks! childofthe1980s ...