Using Hyperlinks for Navigation

My OS is Windows XP Pro and my Applicaton is Word 2007.
I developed a reference document which is long but uses hyperlinks to
navigate beweeen files.  Unfortunately I don't understant some basic features
of hyperlinks.  I've stored the reference on my hard drive (C:) and burn it
to CD.  But I've noticed the definition of the hyperlinkks change.  I may
have it pointing to the same folder to a specific file
{HYPERLINK "Tools.docx"}
and find it pointing to
{HYPERLINK "file:///c:\\Documents20%and20%Settings . . . . . .}
I don't understand why or how the change happens.  Would someone point me to
where I cal better understand?

I've been researching in the Knowoedge Base on Hyperinnks and have one
question:

Is the hyerlink in a document interpreted based on the document or on he
Word Options set in the application?

"jay" wrote:

> My OS is Windows XP Pro and my Applicaton is Word 2007.
> I developed a reference document which is long but uses hyperlinks to
> navigate beweeen files.  Unfortunately I don't understant some basic features
> of hyperlinks.  I've stored the reference on my hard drive (C:) and burn it
> to CD.  But I've noticed the definition of the hyperlinkks change.  I may
> have it pointing to the same folder to a specific file
> {HYPERLINK "Tools.docx"}
> and find it pointing to
> {HYPERLINK "file:///c:\\Documents20%and20%Settings . . . . . .}
> I don't understand why or how the change happens.  Would someone point me to
> where I cal better understand?

Selecting a directory or folder in Hyperlink dialog box
I am building a macro that will automate the first few steps of building a hyperlink. Because I don't know the location or name of the file to which the hyperlink will point, I would like the user to complete the process past a certain point. So, I have the following items in the macro thus far (for 2007): Application.SendKeys ("%NI") Application.SendKeys ("%L") This opens the Hyperlink dialog box and then activates the Look In block. Now I would like to direct it to a certain directory in the Look In block allowing the user to complete the h...

hyperlinks - file location
I'm creating hyperlinks with a list of documents in an excel spreadsheet. Is there a way to tell Excel where to look when I try to add the hyperlink. The link it only to a file on a network directory ... not to a website. It's a real time-waster to have to change it 200+ times. I did change where it looks for documents, but that was ineffective. It still goes to the same "wrong" location. It only goes to the drive/directory that the excel file is located ... arghhhhh! Any ideas. Thanks in advance. Diana When I do this, I put the server/folder names in a cell (A1) and ...

How can I read CSV file using VBA?
I have to read CSV file using VBA. I don't want to use macros or queries like transfer spreadsheet etc. because I want to apply certain rules in a module after reading the file. Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201001/1 I am using the following code but one of my field which has both characters and numbers is not importing at all.. How do I handle this? Sub import_csv() DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, "", "Test_CSV", "c:\csv_files\12-31-2009 Test.csv", ...

Duplicating a GP Smartlist for use in Smartlist Builder
Since I can't edit default Smartlist objects in Smartlist Builder, I want to take an existing GP Smartlist and make a copy in Smartlist Builder so that I can edit THAT. Is there any way to accomplish this? As far as I know there is no way to copy an existing SmartList for use in SmartList Builder. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "FatRichie" <FatRichie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC54C0A0-49E5-442E-B089-2F6424DC7FF7@microsoft.com... > Since I can't edit default Smartlist objects in Smartlist Builder, I want ...

Using Data Stored on External Drives in 64 bit computer
I have a 32-bit computer using Windows XP Pro and I have two externaol hard drives with a lot of important information. When I get a new computer, 64-bit with Windows 7, will I be able to use the data currently stored on my external hard drives with the new 64 bit computer using Windows 7? Thank you. Hi, On 7 Apr., 18:38, moon <m...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a 32-bit computer using Windows XP Pro and I have two externaol hard > drives with a lot of important information. When I get a new computer, 64-bit > with Windows 7, will I be able to use t...

Information on assets that are used for bussiness and personal
How can I use your program to designate a porcentage of these type of assets? Exaple office space at home, car for personal use and work? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=88fddc9b...

Hyperlinks #20
I have several hyperlinks in a word document that link to a specifi Excel workbook . Each of these links needs to point to a differen sheet within the workbook . However I can only get it to open the fil and not at the sheet I want - any clues -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com try =HYPERLINK("[yourworkbook.xls]sheet1!$a$4") -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "kennyken >" <<kennyken.15borm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kennyken.15borm@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have several hyperlinks in a word document tha...

How can I add transaction while using the online version of money
Ok... when I first bought Money several years ago and installed it on my home computer, I could then login while at work via the passport and see the information that I had entered on my home computer. If I purchased something during the day I could go online and add the transaction which was great way to know at any given moment what my TRUE balance was in my account. Now when I check my Money account online from work I can see all the information I've entered at home but now there is no way to add a new transaction other then from my home computer where I have Money installed. ...

importing text file into excel file using macro
Hi, How to import text file into excel file using Macro? Can this proces run on form menu button? Please help and give me some ideas of doin it. I have attached a text file for your reference. Thanks, An Attachment filename: rdata.txt Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=66130 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com >Hi, >How to import text file into excel file using Macro? Can this process >run on form menu button? Please help and give me some ideas of doing >it. I have attached a text file for your r...

Excel 2002
....I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the Chart Wizard, I can easily select the filtered data range but it doesn't seem possible to select the (filtered) headings as the X-axis (time period). Any ideas or workrounds? Thanks in advance, Amanda when you set up your autofilter range leave the row you want to use for your axis out of the range. "Birmangirl" wrote: > ...I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using > Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the...

Problem with hyperlink
Hi, When attempting to activate a web page using a hyperlink in Excel 2003, I get a message: "Opening"javascript:OWSize ("PR_Popup",http://racingpost.co.uk/horses/trainer_form.sd?trainer_id=693&code=Flat,620,480,'no','yes','yes')" Hyperlinks can be harmful to your computer data. To protect your computer, click only those hyperlinks from trusted sources. Do you want to continue. YES NO When I click YES a web page appears for a split second and then closes. I turned off Pop up blocker but this did not solve the problem. Why am I havi...

Using VBA to change default color palette
We currently have an add-in for Excel Xp which changes the default excel color palette so that it displays our companies corporate color scheme. We are wanting to use this in Excel 2007 as well but cannot get it to work. Included is some of the code used for Excel XP Sub companyPalette() On Error Resume Next 'Modify the first row to compnay Primary color Palette ActiveWorkbook.Colors(11) = RGB(160, 0, 80) ActiveWorkbook.Colors(55) = RGB(225, 110, 0) ActiveWorkbook.Colors(52) = RGB(235, 175, 0) ActiveWorkbook.Colors(51) = RGB(180, 190, 0) ...

Best Practices for Development in GP's using Custom Tables
Is there any such document/direction? We write custom solutions for our clients using everything from eConnect, to ..NET etc. Is there a guideline for creating or not creating, custom database tables in GP's productions databases? Cheers, JM ...

Hyperlink field in a subform
If I try to drag and drop (any type of file from a windows explorer window) into a hyperlink field on a form - it works. When that same form is a subform within another form the drag and drop does not work. Any ideas? My users prefer to use drag and drop to having to browse to the folder where the files reside that they want to use to set hyperlink.... ...

Navigating to Referenced Cell
I run Excel 2002 with SP-2. I finally discovered how to move to a referenced cell ( Control +[ ). I saw somebody else do it with a simple double click of a cell that had a reference in it. Mine, however, doesn't work that way (is there a way to make the double click method work?). The real question is this: After I get to a referenced cell with Control +[ is there a way to QUICKLY get back to where I started? Jeannine I'm surprised you didn't try the obvious: <Ctrl> <]> BTW, double click should work if you; <Tools> <Options> *UNCHECK* "Edit Di...

Order of Events when using the Control Box Close Button
I would like to intercept the built in messages that are generated by Access about required data when a user clicks on the Close Button. The Close Button is enabled by setting the Control Box and Close Button form properties to "Yes". Does anyone know what the order of events is when using the Close Button? Thanks much! Answered in later post. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "accesswanabe" <accesswanabe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E44530CC-48AE-4134-A896-BFC71F032F68@microsoft.com... >I...

Open Subform in a New Window using a command button
I have a form with a subform which does exactly what I need. However, I want to someway change the subform to a command button so when you click the command button, it will open the subform using the same filter. My form is frmPatent and the subform is sfRelated. The Link Child Field is RelatedMtr and the Link Master Fields is Matter. Can anyone assist me. Thanks! LDMueller Place a button on the form and try this in VBA: docmd.openform "subformname", acnormal,,"RelatedMtr= '" & me.matter & "'" replace the subformname with your own subfo...

Want to use Excel as a database for small school, how to print out specific fields??
Hi all, I am a volunteer parent for a small school and have been asked to help setup a database of the students (160) and need to figure out how to create a file and print just specific fields for different purposes. I tried the mail merge but didn't get the result I needed, which is just a page of information to pass out amongst the different families. I've looked around but can't find anything that looks like it would do what I need, but I seem to remember that it is possible. so far I've got my column headers and the data entered, but can't do anything with it. The ...

How to use two parameters in input of popup Variables
HI All Gary's Student kindly made some to code to allow input of variables via popup : Dim colstring As String Dim findit As Double, replacewith As Double colstring = Application.InputBox("Select Column ....", "Stage 1 of 3", Type:=2) findit = Application.InputBox("Column Selected : " & colstring & vbCr & vbCr & "Select Value To Replace?", "Stage 2 of 3", Type:=1) replacewith = Application.InputBox("Column Selected : " & colstring & vbCr & vbCr & "Value Selected : " &am...

Using get_documentElement cause exception in Application exit
Hi, I am trying to read an XML file using get_documentElement method and I get exception when the application exits in comip.h file (in _Release() method). I am just Loading the XML file and use get_documentElement method: bool CProfileTranslationToolDlg::TranslateFile(const _bstr_t& TrnURI) { // Load XML file. MSXML2::IXMLDOMDocument2Ptr pDoc; HRESULT hr = pDoc.CreateInstance(__uuidof(MSXML2::XML_DOMDOCUMENT)); if (FAILED(hr)) return false; VARIANT_BOOL vb = pDoc->load(TrnURI); if (!vb) return false; hr = pDoc->get_documentElement(&mDocElem); return true; } when &...

Using Outlook with Hotmail
Hello. I've just started using Outlook 2003, after having owned the disc for a while (I only used office for Word prior to this). I use two hotmail accounts, both of which are installed fine. 1) How can I get an audio alert when new hotmail arrives? Surely if Outlook Express provides one, then the more advanced program should too??? This is a mjor thing for me, as I don't want to have to keep checking constantly to see if I have mail. 2) How do I configure my sent items to stay in the right place - e.g. the hotmail sent items with their relevant accounts, rather than in the un...

Address books using nicknames E2K3
How do I force outlook to look at the nicknames of my address book? ...

Accessing Custom entities using webservice
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to access custom entities using a webservice. I am trying to create an instance of a custom entity that has already been established in the CRM. Thanks. ...

Filter by form using a multiselect listbox
Hi All, I have been able to build a query that is filtered by a selection in a Listbox, but now i want to use a multi select list box so that two or more items can be included in the query. I constructed the query pointing to the Listbox but all I get is an empty dataset. How can this be accomplished? As always your help is appreciated. Regards, John Dumay Hi John, For a multiselect listbox to work as a filter you need to create another query based on the listbox. Put this code for execution between the selection of the listbox and running your main query ****Start of code***** ...

Using COUNTIF for a word that is joined by another word in same ce
To make it easy, I am trying to count the number of times the name "Bob" appears in a range of cells. Most of the time, "Bob" is the only name in the cell, so COUNTIF would work. However, sometimes there will be 2 names in the same cell, like this: "Joe/Bob." What kind of formula can I use to count the number of times "Bob" appears in a range of cells, including the times there are 2 names in the same cell? With the COUNTIF function, it is only counting the number of times "Bob" appears alone in a cell within the range of cells. Well, u...