user form that retrieves data from Microsoft Access query

I created a word document that displays a userform when the template is
opened, when you click on the ok button on the userform the template should
display data that comes from a microsoft access query. The thing is that this
works perfectly for me with my non-administrators account. The problem is
that whenever another user is trying to open this template no data is being
displayed. I checked the permissions on the folder where the template is
located and that looks fine.

Anyone has any idea what I might be doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

Where is the database, and does everybody have permissions to it?

Might also help if we could have a look at the code you're using for the
Access query.
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix

"Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I created a word document that displays a userform when the template is
> opened, when you click on the ok button on the userform the template
> should
> display data that comes from a microsoft access query. The thing is that
> this
> works perfectly for me with my non-administrators account. The problem is
> that whenever another user is trying to open this template no data is
> being
> displayed. I checked the permissions on the folder where the template is
> located and that looks fine.
>
> Anyone has any idea what I might be doing wrong here?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
Gordon
2/24/2010 8:50:22 PM
This is the code behind the userform used
to retrieve the data from the access accdb:

Sub Generatecable()
'
' Generate Cable Macro

    Dim DB As Database, Pay As Recordset, Vou As Recordset, SumPay As
Recordset
    Set DB = OpenDatabase("q:\jas\fmc\RentalPayments\RentalPayments.accdb")
    Set Pay = DB.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM qryCableDataLastQuarter",
dbOpenSnapshot)
    Set Vou = DB.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM qryCableDataVoucherAmounts",
dbOpenSnapshot)
    Set SumPay = DB.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM qryCableDataTotalAmount",
dbOpenSnapshot)

    If Pay.BOF And Pay.EOF Then
        MsgBox ("No data found.")
        GoTo exit_sub
    End If

    Dim PayRecs As Long, VouRecs As Long
    Pay.MoveLast
    PayRecs = Pay.RecordCount
    Vou.MoveLast
    VouRecs = Vou.RecordCount

Note: none of my users get to see the USERFORM upon opening the template.
They all have sufficient permissions to the access database.

Thanks

"Gordon Bentley-Mix" wrote:

> Where is the database, and does everybody have permissions to it?
>
> Might also help if we could have a look at the code you're using for the
> Access query.
> --
> Cheers!
>
> Gordon Bentley-Mix
>
> "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I created a word document that displays a userform when the template is
> > opened, when you click on the ok button on the userform the template
> > should
> > display data that comes from a microsoft access query. The thing is that
> > this
> > works perfectly for me with my non-administrators account. The problem is
> > that whenever another user is trying to open this template no data is
> > being
> > displayed. I checked the permissions on the folder where the template is
> > located and that looks fine.
> >
> > Anyone has any idea what I might be doing wrong here?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

I managed so that all users see the userform but when generating the document
and trying to open the database I get the following error message: USER
DEFINED TYPE IS NOT DEFINED. The program stops at Dim db as Database

"Eric" wrote:

> This is the code behind the userform used
> to retrieve the data from the access accdb:
>
> Sub Generatecable()
> '
> ' Generate Cable Macro
>
>     Dim DB As Database, Pay As Recordset, Vou As Recordset, SumPay As
> Recordset
>     Set DB = OpenDatabase("q:\jas\fmc\RentalPayments\RentalPayments.accdb")
>     Set Pay = DB.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM qryCableDataLastQuarter",
> dbOpenSnapshot)
>     Set Vou = DB.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM qryCableDataVoucherAmounts",
> dbOpenSnapshot)
>     Set SumPay = DB.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM qryCableDataTotalAmount",
> dbOpenSnapshot)
>
>     If Pay.BOF And Pay.EOF Then
>         MsgBox ("No data found.")
>         GoTo exit_sub
>     End If
>
>     Dim PayRecs As Long, VouRecs As Long
>     Pay.MoveLast
>     PayRecs = Pay.RecordCount
>     Vou.MoveLast
>     VouRecs = Vou.RecordCount
>

> Note: none of my users get to see the USERFORM upon opening the template.
> They all have sufficient permissions to the access database.
>
> Thanks
>

> "Gordon Bentley-Mix" wrote:
>
> > Where is the database, and does everybody have permissions to it?
> >
> > Might also help if we could have a look at the code you're using for the
> > Access query.
> > --
> > Cheers!
> >
> > Gordon Bentley-Mix
> >
> > "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I created a word document that displays a userform when the template is
> > > opened, when you click on the ok button on the userform the template
> > > should
> > > display data that comes from a microsoft access query. The thing is that
> > > this
> > > works perfectly for me with my non-administrators account. The problem is
> > > that whenever another user is trying to open this template no data is
> > > being
> > > displayed. I checked the permissions on the folder where the template is
> > > located and that looks fine.
> > >
> > > Anyone has any idea what I might be doing wrong here?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.

Do you have a reference to the DAO Object Library? Does this library exist
on the users' machines? Try putting each variable in a separate Dim
statement and qualifying each with "DAO.". Then see which variable - if
any - is throwing the error.
--

> I managed so that all users see the userform but when generating the
> document
> and trying to open the database I get the following error message: USER
> DEFINED TYPE IS NOT DEFINED. The program stops at Dim db as Database
>
> "Eric" wrote:
>
>> This is the code behind the userform used
>> to retrieve the data from the access accdb:
>>
>> Sub Generatecable()
>> '
>> ' Generate Cable Macro
>>
>>     Dim DB As Database, Pay As Recordset, Vou As Recordset, SumPay As
>> Recordset
>>     Set DB =
>> OpenDatabase("q:\jas\fmc\RentalPayments\RentalPayments.accdb")
>>     Set Pay = DB.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM qryCableDataLastQuarter",
>> dbOpenSnapshot)
>>     Set Vou = DB.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM
>> qryCableDataVoucherAmounts",
>> dbOpenSnapshot)
>>     Set SumPay = DB.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM
>> qryCableDataTotalAmount",
>> dbOpenSnapshot)
>>
>>     If Pay.BOF And Pay.EOF Then
>>         MsgBox ("No data found.")
>>         GoTo exit_sub
>>     End If
>>
>>     Dim PayRecs As Long, VouRecs As Long
>>     Pay.MoveLast
>>     PayRecs = Pay.RecordCount
>>     Vou.MoveLast
>>     VouRecs = Vou.RecordCount
>>

>> Note: none of my users get to see the USERFORM upon opening the template.
>> They all have sufficient permissions to the access database.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> "Gordon Bentley-Mix" wrote:
>>
>> > Where is the database, and does everybody have permissions to it?
>> >
>> > Might also help if we could have a look at the code you're using for
>> > the
>> > Access query.
>> > --
>> > Cheers!
>> >
>> > Gordon Bentley-Mix
>> >
>> > "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Gordon
2/25/2010 7:37:23 PM
I managed to set a reference to the DAO Object library but now I'm getting an
error that says: UNRECOGNIZED DATABASE FORMAT when the program hits the line
: OpenDatabase("q:\jas\fmc\RentalPayments\RentalPayments.accdb")

(Thanks for all your help!)

Eric

"Gordon Bentley-Mix" wrote:

> Do you have a reference to the DAO Object Library? Does this library exist
> on the users' machines? Try putting each variable in a separate Dim
> statement and qualifying each with "DAO.". Then see which variable - if
> any - is throwing the error.
> --
> Cheers!
>
> Gordon Bentley-Mix
>
> "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I managed so that all users see the userform but when generating the
> > document
> > and trying to open the database I get the following error message: USER
> > DEFINED TYPE IS NOT DEFINED. The program stops at Dim db as Database
> >
> > "Eric" wrote:
> >
> >> This is the code behind the userform used
> >> to retrieve the data from the access accdb:
> >>
> >> Sub Generatecable()
> >> '
> >> ' Generate Cable Macro
> >>
> >>     Dim DB As Database, Pay As Recordset, Vou As Recordset, SumPay As
> >> Recordset
> >>     Set DB =
> >> OpenDatabase("q:\jas\fmc\RentalPayments\RentalPayments.accdb")
> >>     Set Pay = DB.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM qryCableDataLastQuarter",
> >> dbOpenSnapshot)
> >>     Set Vou = DB.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM
> >> qryCableDataVoucherAmounts",
> >> dbOpenSnapshot)
> >>     Set SumPay = DB.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM
> >> qryCableDataTotalAmount",
> >> dbOpenSnapshot)
> >>
> >>     If Pay.BOF And Pay.EOF Then
> >>         MsgBox ("No data found.")
> >>         GoTo exit_sub
> >>     End If
> >>
> >>     Dim PayRecs As Long, VouRecs As Long
> >>     Pay.MoveLast
> >>     PayRecs = Pay.RecordCount
> >>     Vou.MoveLast
> >>     VouRecs = Vou.RecordCount
> >>

> >> Note: none of my users get to see the USERFORM upon opening the template.
> >> They all have sufficient permissions to the access database.
> >>
> >> Thanks

I created an Access 2003 version that holds the tables and queries and when
referring to the .MDB instead of the .ACCDB the template works fine, I can
connect to the database and retrieve the data. I would like to know why I
cannot connect to the ACCDB.

Regards,

Eric

"Eric" wrote:

> I managed to set a reference to the DAO Object library but now I'm getting an
> error that says: UNRECOGNIZED DATABASE FORMAT when the program hits the line
> : OpenDatabase("q:\jas\fmc\RentalPayments\RentalPayments.accdb")
>
> (Thanks for all your help!)
>
> Eric
>
> "Gordon Bentley-Mix" wrote:
>
> > Do you have a reference to the DAO Object Library? Does this library exist
> > on the users' machines? Try putting each variable in a separate Dim
> > statement and qualifying each with "DAO.". Then see which variable - if
> > any - is throwing the error.
> > --
> > Cheers!
> >
> > Gordon Bentley-Mix
> >
> > "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I managed so that all users see the userform but when generating the
> > > document
> > > and trying to open the database I get the following error message: USER
> > > DEFINED TYPE IS NOT DEFINED. The program stops at Dim db as Database

There are (at least) two DAO libraries - the old one is called
"Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library" and is implemented by dao360.dll. In
Access 2007 the database negine was substantially modified and renamed
from Jet to ACE. The new one is called "Microsoft Office 12.0 Access
database engine Object" and is implemented by ACEDAO.DLL. You probably
need the /newer/ one.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 27/02/2010 09:25, Eric wrote:
> I created an Access 2003 version that holds the tables and queries and when
> referring to the .MDB instead of the .ACCDB the template works fine, I can
> connect to the database and retrieve the data. I would like to know why I
> cannot connect to the ACCDB.
>
> Regards,
>
> Eric
>
> "Eric" wrote:
>
>> I managed to set a reference to the DAO Object library but now I'm getting an
>> error that says: UNRECOGNIZED DATABASE FORMAT when the program hits the line
>> : OpenDatabase("q:\jas\fmc\RentalPayments\RentalPayments.accdb")
>>
>> (Thanks for all your help!)
>>
>> Eric
>>
>> "Gordon Bentley-Mix" wrote:
>>
>>> Do you have a reference to the DAO Object Library? Does this library exist
>>> on the users' machines? Try putting each variable in a separate Dim
>>> statement and qualifying each with "DAO.". Then see which variable - if
>>> any - is throwing the error.
>>> --
>>> Cheers!
>>>
>>> Gordon Bentley-Mix
>>>
>>> "Eric"<Eric@discussions.microsoft.com>  wrote in message

0
Peter
2/27/2010 9:35:48 PM
Thanks Peter, that did it, I needed to set regerence to Microsoft Office 12.0
Access database engine. many thanks!!!

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

> There are (at least) two DAO libraries - the old one is called
> "Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library" and is implemented by dao360.dll. In
> Access 2007 the database negine was substantially modified and renamed
> from Jet to ACE. The new one is called "Microsoft Office 12.0 Access
> database engine Object" and is implemented by ACEDAO.DLL. You probably
> need the /newer/ one.
>
> Peter Jamieson
>
> http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk
>
> On 27/02/2010 09:25, Eric wrote:
> > I created an Access 2003 version that holds the tables and queries and when
> > referring to the .MDB instead of the .ACCDB the template works fine, I can
> > connect to the database and retrieve the data. I would like to know why I
> > cannot connect to the ACCDB.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Eric
> >
> > "Eric" wrote:
> >
> >> I managed to set a reference to the DAO Object library but now I'm getting an
> >> error that says: UNRECOGNIZED DATABASE FORMAT when the program hits the line
> >> : OpenDatabase("q:\jas\fmc\RentalPayments\RentalPayments.accdb")
> >>
> >> (Thanks for all your help!)
> >>
> >> Eric

> .

Reporting from Project Server

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Pulling data from separate tabs

nested OR in queries
I have a table that has 20 date fields for each record. I need to select any record that has a matching date in at least one of those fields so it becomes a huge OR in a query and I have noticed that I am limited to 9 in a query. Is there a way to do this efficiently or will I need multiple queries to test all 20 date fields? If your table uses multiple date fields, the first thing you'll want to consider is coming up with a new table! In a spreadsheet, adding 20 date fields may be the only way to handle a situation, but you won't get the best use of Access' features and funct...

data sort

Users ability to Manage Groups

predict future data

Access to User Calendar

microsoft.public.access.conversion

form fields not saving to table

Help with importing data

Formula for cross tab data filling

Problem with different versions of Access
Hello, I am working on a VBA Access pplication which connects to a SQL Server database. I have a continuous form displayed with data, ad it is linked to a database table, so when I enter a value from my form the data in instantaneously updated in the database. The problem I have is that this form works perfectly when I am developping, and using my developpement environement (with Access allowing me to set breakpoints, go step by step in the code and so on), but it does not work when I use it in the PC of the ending user : in this case, when I enter a value in the form, and click in a...

Form Dropdown Combo Box
My dropdown combo box currently displays one column. What I would lik to do is have the box dispay column A and B but only extract the I from B. How would I be able to do this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I'm not sure if I understand the problem correctly, but have you trie using a CONCATENATE function to join the values in Columns A & B? Say you have first names in Column A and surnames in Column B. Us something like =CONCATENATE(A1," ",B1) in Column C for the dropdow list. You could also use =A1&" "&B1. The apostrophe marks are just...

View Null Results in Query
i have an access 2003 query SELECT [AlarmData Table Filtered By 60 Min Trip].[Event Type], [AlarmData Table Filtered By 60 Min Trip].State, DateSerial(Year([Date/Time*]),Month([Date/Time*]),Day([Date/Time*])) AS [Date], TimeSerial(Hour([Date/Time*]),Minute([Date/Time*]),0) AS TimePeriod, Count(*) AS Total FROM [AlarmData Table Filtered By 60 Min Trip] GROUP BY [AlarmData Table Filtered By 60 Min Trip].[Event Type], [AlarmData Table Filtered By 60 Min Trip].State, DateSerial(Year([Date/Time*]),Month([Date/Time*]),Day([Date/Time*])), TimeSerial(Hour([Date/Time*]),Minute([Date/...

Query by Form-TJ
I need to do a Query by Form based on multiple selections from combo boxes on a form using Access 2000 I need to bring back the appropriate records in a subform. On Mon, 31 May 2010 07:08:01 -0700, ambushsinger <ambushsinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Query by Form can't do that. It can only select records in the current form view. After that, you can potentially open a new form with that subset of records in a subform. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I need to do a Query by Form based on multiple selections from combo boxes on >a form using Access 200...

Mobile Access
When I try to reach our mobile access by typing http://serverIP/oma, I get the error... A system error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator. Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks, Jose What is "oma" supposed to be? "Jose Alfaro" <ja@mkrs.com> wrote in message news:2cfc01c3fcaa$2e5247d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to reach our mobile access by typing > http://serverIP/oma, I get the error... > > A system error has occurred while processing your > request. Please...

form base authentication #2
This is killing me. I'm implementing form base authentication. I have SSL and everything working but for one problem when use won't to get to owa they type mail.domain.com which then defaults to http://mail.domain.com. the problem I'm having is that FBA need it to default to https not http. How can I get it to default to HTTPS with out telling the uses to type https? I am implementing this on a FE/BE environment wayne .. What I do is change the http port on the main site to something like 8080, and then create a new site that listens on 80. For that site, instead of...

Budget queries
Hi I'm new to setting up a budget. I have the following queries: 1. What does the green down arrow mean next to the name of the "Receive From" name? and what does the up red arrow mean under the Expenses? 2. Why is there row underneath the above heading called "Other Income for "Wages& Salary"? The amount in this row is 0. This is happening for every Payslip entry I have entered in the Payslip. 3. Why is there a "Subtotal"? I find this confusing to read. Can it be removed somehow? 4. I've got other headings with nothing in them eg....