textbox

Hello

I have 3 textbox and i would like to calculate the value of the textbox 1 +
textbox 2 into the text box 3 and it should update as soon w new value is set
in one of the two textbox 1 or 2.

thanks a lot for your help

What sort of text box in which Word version?

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Louis" <Louis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hello
>
> I have 3 textbox and i would like to calculate the value of the textbox 1
> +
> textbox 2 into the text box 3 and it should update as soon w new value is
> set
> in one of the two textbox 1 or 2.
>
> thanks a lot for your help

0
Graham
6/3/2010 2:35:47 PM
And when you say "calculate", does this mean actual numbers?

--
Gerry

Fumei2

Excel Menu Textboxes
When i put my mouse over a button a text box used to appear saying what the button did. This seems to have stopped working? Any ideas how i could get it back? Choose Tools>Customize On the Options tab, add a check mark to 'Show Screentips on toolbars' Click OK Ian wrote: > When i put my mouse over a button a text box used to > appear saying what the button did. This seems to have > stopped working? > > Any ideas how i could get it back? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Go to the customize men...

Bring Data From MS Acess in a Textbox
Dear all, How can I complete/fix this code to return access data in textbox in a excel form? Sub returnao() Dim wrkSpace As DAO.Workspace Dim db As DAO.Database Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Dim strSQL As String Dim strDB As String strDB =3D ThisWorkbook.Path & "\db_sales.mdb" Set wrkSpace =3D Workspaces(0) Set db =3D wrkSpace.OpenDatabase(strDB, False, False, "MS Access;PWD=3Dsales") strSQL =3D "SELECT TOP 1 tbl_code.code FROM tbl_code " strSQL =3D strSQL & "WHERE (((tbl_code.division)=3D '" & cboDivision & "')) " strSQL...

Textbox with combobox column source flickers inexplicably
I have a textbox on a continous subform. The textbox is bound to the second column of an invisible combobox to display the field from the related table. I am using this code as source for the textbox: =cboUsager_temps.Column(1) When I select a record on the main form, the textbox flickers endlessly. Does anyone know what's going on ? I would like to bring some more information. After some testing I discovered that this was in fact due to another textbox having a conditionnal formatting (making the background of the textbox green if field value = true). Once I removed the conditionna...

How do make a TextBox not display in an Access report when it is .
I have a report with two TextBoxes that I use to display information from a table. Often in the report, one or the other (or both) of the controls are emplty (i.e., no data is returned from the Table. I would like the report not to display the Label of the TextBox in those situations. Change the label to a text box (right-click it.) Put an expression in the Control Source of this text box so it is null when the main one is null. For example, if you want it to show "City:" only when the City text box has a value, use: =IIf([City] Is Null, Null, "City:") -- All...

Textbox (Object) Right Click Menu
I am looking to disable the right click Cut event when dealing with Text boxes (Drawing Objects). I have seen code that disables the right click cut. The following code works on the page, but not when a textbox is selected: Dim TheCmdBar as Office.CommandBarControl for each TheCmdBar in Applicaiton.CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=21) TheCmdBar.Enabled = False Next TheCmdBar Thanks in advance. ...

format text in textbox
I have Publisher 2003 and copied text form Notepad into textbox. How do I change the formatting so that lines wrap properly? I have one word lines, etc. Thanks for information. Susan After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Susan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I have Publisher 2003 and copied text form Notepad into textbox. How > do I change the formatting so that lines wrap properly? I have one > word lines, etc. This is a problem with the original text - if you resize your Notepad window, you will probably find that the text w...

Updating Worksheet from Userform TextBoxes
I have a userform with 15 textboxes on it. I'm looking for help t update a cell on the worksheet using the data from the first populate textbox (in some cases only 1 textbox will be populated, in others i could be 10 or more boxes which are populated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you name your textboxes consecutively (textbox1, ..., textbox15), it makes life a little easier: Option Explicit Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim iCtr As Long For iCtr = 1 To 15 If Trim(Me.Controls("textbox" & iCtr).Text) = "" Then ...

Textboxes and "Paste as picture"
Hi all. I'm having a problem when I take a chart from Excel and past it into Word. I use Paste Special - Picture because otherwise it will embed the whole Excel file into the Word document. My problem is that my textboxes get re-arranged somehow through the pasting process. The wrapping is different and I end up with a bunch of white space at the bottom of the box. Does anyone know why this happens and if there's anything I can do to fix it? I'm using Excel and Word 2000 with SP3. Thanks! Eric Eric, Before copying you chart as a picture, try grouping the text boxes...

Textbox scrollbar settings
I have a userform whose main component is a TextBox. It is locked as the user is only permitted to read not edit the data there - that is done in the main spreadsheet and the userform is modeless. The TextBox has a vertical scroll bar to permit the user to navigate around its contents. The user will not normally place the focus on the Textbox contents itself but just use the scrollbar.. The data in the textbox is updated programattically (using vba). When this happens the box contents scroll back to the top - I do not want this to happen. I want the scroll position to remain as th...

Textbox size changes on deletion of rows
I've created a textbox (using the Drawing Toolbar). The textbox extends downward and actually to the right-hand side of 15 rows of data. I run a macro that deletes 5 or 6 rows and my textbox shrinks because of the deleted rows; how can I prevent this from happening? TIA, Set the properties of the text box so it doesn't size with the cells: Select the text box Choose Format>Text Box Select the Properties tab Select Move but don't size with cells (or -- Don't move or size with cells) Click OK Jim May wrote: > I've created a textbox (using the Drawing Toolbar)....

textbox value from a combobox in a continuous form
I have a combobox cboOperationID and textbox txtOperationDesc in a continuous form. User chooses an operationID in the combobox and textbox automatically displays the description of that operationID using Me.txtOperationDesc.Value = Me.cboOperationID.Column(1) in the afterupdate event of cboOperationID My problem is whenever i move to the next entry in my continuous form and chooses another operationID from the combobox, the description in the txtOperationDesc from the first entry also changes to that of the 2nd entry. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com There's a ...

Need VBA code to enter text into a textbox !!!!
Does anybody know one line of code that will allow me to enter a number into a textbox on a worksheet. when I record a macro I get.. Sheets("venn").Select ActiveSheet.Shapes("Text Box 27").Select Selection.Characters.Text = "123" I thought this implies I could code this like so... Dim sht as sheet set sht = activesheet.shapes("Text Box 27") sht.characters.text = "123" set sht = nothing But this does not work !! what is the correct way of doing this ? How about: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim sht As W...

Copy embedded TextBox?
I want to be able to copy the data from what appears to be an embedded textbox so that I can save it elsewhere. I've not come across this type of textbox before, so any help would be appreciated. It appears to be called TextBox1 and in the formula bar is.... =EMBED (Forms.TextBox.1" ," ") I want to copy it elswhere using a line like the one below but this doesn't work. Workbooks(ExcelFileName).Worksheets("Working").Range("TextBox1").Copy Any ideas? VT There are a couple of different textboxes you can put on a worksheet. One comes from the Dr...

Convert a textbox string value into date
I need to convert a textbox string value in the form of 31-12-09 into a date in the same format, can any one help please, thank you. >>I need to convert a textbox string value in the form of 31-12-09 into a date in the same format, Converting I understand but 'into a date in the same format' is confusing. DateSerial("20" & Right("31-12-09",2),Mid("31-12-09",InStr("31-12-09","-")+1,2),Left("31-12-09",2)) If you format it for display the results is a string. If you are going to use it in calculati...

making textbox to be auto sizable in Word 2007
I added a Textbox to a Word 2007 document by going to the Developer option(in the File menu), then chose Design Mode, then Legacy Tools->Text box Field. The MultiLine and Enterkey properties are set to True and the rest are default. The textbox is of size so that it can take some 10 rows of lines. Is there a feature I can choose/set so that when more than 10 rows of lines are entered the text box will automatically expand? The rows need to increase so the textbox needs to expand downwards to accommodate the text more than 10 lines. Can someone please advise if there is a way to do...

sorting data in a textbox control
hello everyone, could you please tell me how, or if it is possible, to sort data in a txt box. I am using this textbox on a report and have concatenated group totals in the textbox. I need to find the Median of the list and in order to do this, the list, in the textbox needs to be sorted. -- phm You need to clarify. I have not heard of a text box containing a list. Typically users want to sort the records in a report. I can't make any sense of your question or what a typical value in the text box might look like. How does the "list" get into a text box? ...

Delete text in bound textboxes ?
I have a form with a lot of boundtextboxes on. Each time I deleted the text in these textboxes, I did it this way - Me.textbox = Null - But I found out that I also deleted the text from the database, which is not what I wanted to do. But how can I then clear these textboxes, without deleting from the database ? I tryed it this way - Me.textbox = '' - But it does not work. -- My Photo Gallery www.photo.box2600.dk A bit of a primer on Access... Access stores data in tables. You create a form that "looks at" a table when you bind the form to the table, and bind the contr...

Showing contents of specific cell in form's textbox
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0054_01C4DED9.1572EFA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to set up a form with TextBox_Change() Private Sub in it and = would like the form to show what is in a specific cell prior to changing = it. This way when the form is open, only the things that need to be = changed need changed. How can this be accomplished? I know I can add = something in the Text Property, but I would like it to read the excel = file and show what is in the cell as the ...

save textbox value
Hi All, I have a userform with two textbox,I want autosave the value entered in texboxes and after close and reopen the userform, They show the latest values.(even close the workbook) Thanks in advance Bijan Hi Bijan ValueS ? How would a textbox display these ? You could save in a worksheet cell (if the file is to be saved), in a database (if available), in the registry (shows your own entry only) or in a textfile / ini-file / xml file (for multiuser environments). HTH. Best wishes Harald "bijan" <bijan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6428CBB-6EB7-44...

Conditional display of textbox on form
I only want a textbox to display if the control source value is not null or not an empty string. I set the text box can shrink property to true and then test the value in the form load event. If the value is NULL or empty the text box does not display but there is an unsightly gap where it should display. The display mode is continuous forms so I want to recover the space where the box would have displayed. Can this be done? If so how? On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 11:27:35 -0700, Dave wrote: > I only want a textbox to display if the control source value is not null or > not an empty ...

Arbitrary data to Textboxes in UserForm
I created a UserForm named UserForm2 with 4 Textboxes named Textbox1, Textbox2, TextBox3, and Textbox4. I want to call UserForm2 (UserForm2.Show) and have the following procedure execute. -TextBox1 populate with random data from one cell in Sheet1 range B1:B200 -TextBox2, TextBox3, TextBox4 each populate with data from one different random cell Sheet2 range B1:B200 I can insert this code below into TextBox1 of UserForm2 and it will pull random data from one cell in Sheet1 range B1:B200 when I call the form Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() TextBox1.Text = Range("...

Pointing specific textbox
Hi, Could someone tell how to initialize or place the cursor in a specific box on a userform, when I open the userform containing 4 text boxes. By default it goes in the first one. Thank's ahead. Just use the TextBox's SetFocus method. For example, if you wanted TextBox3 to have focus... Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() TextBox3.SetFocus End Sub -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Bobby" <rpqcca@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4e7f11ee-1788-4bc5-8bc3-5c2be8e54ef0@q8g2000vbm.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > Could someone tell how to initialize or p...

UserForm textbox move to end of text on enter
Is there a way, when you tab into a textbox, to move the cursor to the end of the line, such that the text in the box is not highlighted. I've experimented w/ selstart but w/out success. AFAIK, it's not possible to force the cursor position to the end of the text, but you can stop it from selecting the text. Look at the ..EnterFieldBehavior property of the TextBox. If you set this property to fmEnterFieldBehaviorRecallSelection, it will set the cursor to the same place it was when the TextBox last had focus. Perhaps not perfect (and I haven't had the chance to expe...

TextBox
I need a TextBox to have a formula to bring in a date, i.e. A1=38141, formated to Jun-04. How do I get A1 into a TextBox as Jun-04? Any help is very much appreciated. Hi, Use =TEXT(A12,"mmm-dd") in A1; and A1 as your linked cell? jeff >-----Original Message----- >I need a TextBox to have a formula to bring in a date, >i.e. A1=38141, formated to Jun-04. How do I get A1 into >a TextBox as Jun-04? > >Any help is very much appreciated. >. > ...

how to make that the subform can grow without running over the textboxes at the bottom of the mainform.
Hi I have mainform that contains textboxes then subform datasheet beneath and after that there is a textboxes again. The problem is when the mainform grows it runs over the textboxes that at the button of the main form. I need to know how to make that the subform can grow without running over the textboxes at the bottom of the mainform. Thanks Set the Can Grow attribute for the detail section, assuming that's where the various controls are located. HTH -- -Larry- -- "Chipcom" <bz1977@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1191388299.890979.46580@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.co...