TextBox control not enabled with protection on

This has weird behavior, so I am sure it is a bug.

I am trying to auto-total table columns in a document template (not a VBA
form).  The fields are ActiveX textboxes and in VBA I simply assign them to
integers and total; ie effectively adding the values in TextBox1, Textbox2
etc to total in TextBox9.

Then I assign the "Filling in forms" protection to the document.

It works fine and dandy in the template (dotm) that I am creating, but it
all goes wrong when I create a docm from it (which is of course what I want
the users to do).

When you open up a document from the template (setting the Option to allow
content), the non-enterable stuff is protected OK, but the textbox fields
appear like they are editable; that is, they have expansion handles around
the edges.  But they are not enterable.

Now here's the really odd part.  If I take off the protection and then
immediately apply it again, all is well - the textboxes are enterable (the
handles disappear) and the totalling works fine.

Of course, there is no way I can instruct the users to do this, otherwise
what is the point of making the document protected in the first place.

Note that I have populated ActiveX ComboBoxes successfully with VBA in
another protected document, so I can't think it is a compatibility problem.

If the handles are visible this suggests you are in Design mode.  I do not
know about 2007, but it may be the same as 2003.

   ActiveDocument.ToggleFormsDesign

--
Gerry

Fumei2

using "List View" ActiveX Control
When I insert a "List View" ActiveX Control into a new Form, and then switch to form view (as opposed to design view), I get the following error: "The operation on the OLE object failed. The OLE server may not be registered. To register the OLE server, reinstall it." Then after I click "OK" I get another error: "There is no object in this control." From "Tools - ActiveX Controls..." I find that the control is in the following file: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\FPDTC.DLL" - and when I do properties on this, it tell...

Handle to an ActiveX control
Hi... What if I use GetModuleHandle(L"abc.ocx") in the InitInstance() of the of the App class derived from 'COleControlModule'...of the ActiveX control "abc.ocx" ? Will I get the Handle or it will return NULL....? I have encountered controls, in some of them..handle is found and in others its NULL... Wat is the reason behind this behavior..? Can any one explain? "Abby++" <asthana.abhinav@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174308443.062622.51500@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > What if I use GetModuleHandle(L"abc.ocx") in the InitI...

Enabling Message Archiving on the Information Store
I want to enable archiving on an Information Store, but when I go to the general tab on the properties box for that store all of the fields are grayed out, and I cannot enable archinving. I have not been able to find any information as to why this ocndition exists. Anyone have any ideas? Is there an Exchange Mailbox Store System Policy applied to the store? That would make all the fields unavailable. -- Jim McBee Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Stuff: http://geekbargains.blogspot.com Web: http://www.somorita.com "rpflueger" <rpflueger@discussions.micros...

How to add checkboxes selectively on listview control #2
It seems SetExtendedStyle (LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES |LVS_EX_ONECLICKACTIVATE ); adds checkboxes to EVERY row, but I just want to have it every other row. How to do this? Thanks. Jiac You can remove the checkboxes on the row you don't want with the CListCtrl function SetItemState(lRowNumer,0,LVIS_STATEIMAGEMASK); lRowNumer is the rownumbe Hi, This is what I did: ..SetItemState (0,0,LVIS_STATEIMAGEMASK); I wanted to remove the first row for testing, but it still shows. Please help. I put this after I insert the item. Does it matter where and how many times I call SetExtendedStyle (LVS_E...

control panel applet with Windows XP theme
I have added a .manifest file with a value of 1 to my resource. When the control panel opens it, the applet still shows the old style buttons, etc. What else might I have to do to make the UI render properly? >I have added a .manifest file with a value of 1 to my resource. When the >control panel opens it, the applet still shows the old style buttons, etc. David, See the MSDN topic titled "Using Windows XP Visual Styles" - "Using ComCtl32 Version 6 in Control Panel or a DLL That Is Run by RunDll32.exe". Dave Lowndes -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcf...

printer server on domain controller on 2008 x
The server service was unable to map error code 1723.For some reason, the print servers on our one domain controller VSDCA keep going offline.. so i log into the server, i see under Print Management.. Print Servers.. that "VSDCA (local)" has a red arrow pointing down, implying it must be offline.. If i right click i dont have an option of bringing it back online, if i do a properties i get: Print Server Properties Server properties cannot be viewed. Operation could not be completed (error 0x000006bb). I took a look in the event log.. i dont see much pertaining t...

User control causes postback but events do not fire
Using 3.5, we have a user control (let’s call it Container.ascx) which has an asp:UpdatePanel with UpdateMode=”Conditional” and EnableViewState=”false”. It contains a table of asp:LinkButtons. In the markup, the Click event is declared for each LinkButton. This user control is loaded dynamically from its calling user control (Zone.ascx). After the LoadControl, it gets its ID set. The problem is that none of the LinkButton events for Container.ascx get fired although postback occurs and the EVENTTARGET property on the Request object shows the object which caused the postback co...

Show Hide Textbox/label
What's wrong with this code? Access 2007 I want the label to be invisible also if the value of the text box is null. Private Sub Report_Load() Dim strRpt As String If Me.ReadingList.Value Is Null Then Me.ReadingList.Visible = False Else Me.ReadingList.Visible = True End If Donna wrote: >What's wrong with this code? Access 2007 >I want the label to be invisible also if the value of the text box is null. > > >Private Sub Report_Load() >Dim strRpt As String > >If Me.ReadingList.Value Is Null Then > > Me.ReadingList.Visible ...

use a value in a text control to goto a record on a nested subform
I want to be able to double-click a text control called [Joiner_Title_ID] on my 'departure' form and use the value in that control to find a matching record on a 2nd tier nested subform. My Mainform is called: 'frm_Runs' My 1st 'target' Subform is called: 'frm_Street_Joiner_Main' My nested target Subform2 is called: 'frm_Street_Joiner_Sub' My nested target conrol on Subform2 is called: [Joiner_Title_ID] My departure form is called: 'frm_Street_Joiner_Matches' My departure conrol is called: [Joiner_Title_ID] I know how to set an event, but a...

How to change the return of a textbox from TRUE/FALSE to YES/NO?
I have a long colum full of textboxes in excel. When the boc is checked it returns true, and false for unchecked. I would like to change this so that it returns Yes for checked and No for unchecked. How can I make this happen You mean Checkboxes? You can use a helper cell: =if(a1=true,"Yes","No") Then hide that linkedcell (if you want). Gldenboy2 wrote: > > I have a long colum full of textboxes in excel. When the boc is checked it > returns true, and false for unchecked. I would like to change this so that > it returns Yes for checked and No for un...

Where to Hide Page in Tab Control
I have a Form, which has a tab control on it. When I open the Form, I want to hide a page in the tab control, based on some other conditions. During the Form Load event, I check for the condition and then try to hide the specific page. I get an error that the tab control object is closed or doesn't exist. What event would be the appropriate place to put this check and hide the page? Thanks, Steve "Steve Haack" <SteveHaack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1EFF5F65-41C6-4D7F-992B-42C51B827E3C@microsoft.com... >I have a Form, which has a...

How do I create Folders/Sub folders from User Form control button
I have a User Form that I would like to take one of the spare control buttons and have it set up my job folder on the hard drive. I am not sure how to code it to achive the following results: These are my text box ID's Main Folder --------------------------------------------------------------------- User Selects drive: \ CES_No_1 \ CLLI_Code_1\ TEO_No_1 Sub Folders inside Main Folder ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Completed Drawings Elec Job Folder Misc Job Documents Site Pictures If you can dig up a copy of the VBS doc...

dynamically creating a list of controls
The user needs to be able to create a single object composed of other various elements. To specify a single element, the user will have to fill out a series of controls, which looks like this: Cedit |combobox| cedit ||| cedit How do you dynamically create a list of these controls? I was thinking I could create a borderless dialog template that contains the series of controls, then create a dialog class(or window class?) that allows me to externally manipulate the control's values. Whenever an user wants to create a new element I simply create a new modeless dialog(or window clas...

WorkSheet Protection problem #2
I am using the Beta of Excel 2007 and have noticed that I can set by worksheet protections to prevent someone from selecting a locked cell, but after I save the file and reopen it, Worksheet protection is still turned on but you are able to select locked cells. Hi Patrick, See response in Programming. --- Regards, Norman "Patrick Simonds" <ordnance1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ecdlbt4gGHA.1260@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I am using the Beta of Excel 2007 and have noticed that I can set by >worksheet protections to prevent someone from selecting a locked ...

worksheet protection #6
Is there a way to prevent a protected workbook and worksheet from bein "saved as" a text file. I'm using excel 2002 and windows 2000 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com do you mean a "txt" extension file, or just being "Saved As" anything? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If I can prevent it from being "saved as" anything that would be great. I'm just trying to prevent the copy protection from being worked around. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Almost anything you do to try to stop t...

who can I protect with password the Interchange entry
Hi, I'm trying to protect the Interchange entry with a password, in GP8 I used the general password but, I did update to GP9 and this protection was eliminated and all the user can change or entry a new interchange rate. Who can protect this?. Armando Sanchez This was removed in GP 9.0 because it was accidently added to the window in 8.0 (it wasn't previously). You can use regular GP security to keep everyone you want out of the window. The only other solutions I can think of are: 1. Dexterity customization - pretty easy 2. VBA coding but not as secure but would work. 3. I thi...

How can I regain control of a shared spreadsheet
Hi - I have an Excel spreadsheet that is saved on the network and accessed by several users. For two days now we cannot edit the document because it says it is in use by "domainname". It doesn't give an actual user so I think it is hung up somehow. How can I regain control of this document? Thanks! Michael ...

Access 2007, Rich Text control. Cannot programmatically change font. Am I mad?
Hi all I have a rich text control (bound to a ntext SQL server field if that's relevant). All I want to do is press a button that will make sure that whatever text is in the control [SectionSummary] is changed to Arial 11. I have pasted some TNR 12 text into the box and when I press my test button the following code runs With Me.SectionSummary .FontName = "Arial" .FontSize = 11 End With The text is selected. The code runs but there is no change, the existing text remains TNR 12 Is there some magical incantation or is it just broken? Access has ...

Publisher 2000 page control bar has disappeared
Apologies if this is a duplicate post. Re: Microsoft Publisher 2000: When I opened an 18-page document that I'd been working on for days, the page control bar was missing. I opened several other multiple-page documents and there was no page control bar on them either. I rebooted and tried again with the same results. I can get from page to page using the View menu, but that's tedious. How can I restore my page controls? On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:19:28 +0000, j3hop wrote (in article <05A78478-7371-4593-9DA8-E9873DDF5C65@microsoft.com>): > Apologies if this is a duplicate ...

Pushbutton control in worksheet?
Greetings, A long time ago, I managed to add a pushbutton control to a worksheet, and when that button was pressed by the user, the macro/function I had tied to the button wrote out a text file, the contents of which were strings that I built from data on worksheet 1 and wrote as lines on worksheet 2. I need to do a similar thing and was wondering if anyone had a quick answer as to how to do this. This also falls in line with my general question of how I add controls such as spinners or selection controls that allow the user to make a selection from a dropdown, for example, and have that se...

Using the Database Splitter with Password protection
Hi I created a database for a client some time ago which is password protected, with it's own work group file. Then the client asked us to split it. I used the Database splitter utility, and now my back-end is no longer protected. How do I get it to share the same passwords & permissions already assigned? Stapes I suggest you start by reading http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];207793 Access security is a great feature, but it is, by nature a complex product with a very steep learning curve. Properly used it offers very safe versatile protection and con...

(VS2005) MFC ActiveX control in webpage
Hi, I created an MFC ActiveX control using the wizard, based on the STATIC control. I managed to put some code in the Paint event (pdc->TextOutW) which works with no problems. However, I can't seem to get code to run when the object is clicked. Its been a LONG time since I've made an ActiveX control. The steps I took: Right-click MyControlClassCtrl in Class View, go Add, Add Event. Select 'Click', click OK (keeping Stock option). Add an OnClick method to the MyControlClassCtrl class [ virtual void OnClick(USHORT iButton) ]. The code is never called when the control is...

Shared workbook, Protection and AutoFilters
Using Excel 2002 on XP, I have created a workbook which I use to collect financial submissions in a database format. The spreadsheet uses AutoFilters to suppress lines in the database such that only the lines relevant to a particular respondent are displayed. I can protect the workbook sheets, protect and share the workbook and then operate the AutoFilters manually, but I cannot do the same and then reliably operate the AutoFilters by macro. It will work after doing the above whilst I am still in the workbook. But if I close and reopen it, I get �Run-time error 1004 You cannot use this com...

Get params from ActiveX control
Greetings. There is here such page, with ActiveX control <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>111</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <OBJECT ID="PARAM" WIDTH="100%" HEIGHT="100%" CLASSID="CLSID:6ABA9EAD-E018-4141-A603-9F8E87386672" CODEBASE="PARAM.ocx"> <PARAM id="m_n" VALUE="536"> //This parameter needs to be received inside control </OBJECT> </BODY> </HTML> It is necessary to receive inside ActiveX control PARAM specified in page http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vccor...

Relation between tab control pages
how can i co relate three different pages with different type of data in respect of single products i a single tab control... means if i need to see data of Mr. A (selected iin page 1 )then page 2 will show his personal data, page 3 will show his educational data and page 4 will show hisworking experience.... If the data exists in a single table, you can arrange the table to divide up the data in some logical order. All the data exists in the main record and the tabs merely become a method of viewing it. If the data resides in several tables, 1 or more of them can be viewed as a subfor...