Table requires Custom Linking to Excel

I have a table in Word 2000 with various columns.  Each row represents one
order for a meal package.  One of the columns indicates one of three baked
pies to order (apple, cherry or pumpkin).  Another column indicates whether
or not the order has been paid or unpaid.

Is there a way to put a total number for each of the pie types ordered into
an Excel worksheet?  Similarly, would there be a way to analyze all of the
rows, and for all rows with an unpaid status, multiply this number by the
cost for each meal package, and display this result in an Excel worksheet as
money due?

Thanks in advance...

0
David

Easier to do the whole thing in Excel.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"David Dubroff" <ddu@scribeus.com> wrote in message
> I have a table in Word 2000 with various columns.  Each row represents one
> order for a meal package.  One of the columns indicates one of three baked
> pies to order (apple, cherry or pumpkin).  Another column indicates
> whether
> or not the order has been paid or unpaid.
>
> Is there a way to put a total number for each of the pie types ordered
> into
> an Excel worksheet?  Similarly, would there be a way to analyze all of the
> rows, and for all rows with an unpaid status, multiply this number by the
> cost for each meal package, and display this result in an Excel worksheet
> as
> money due?
>
> Thanks in advance...

0
Doug
11/13/2009 8:24:04 AM
Doug,

If everything was to exist in Excel, I would still need some guidance for
the code to add up how many pies exist for each of the pie types.

Thanks...

On 11/13/09 3:24 AM, in article
D18903C3-17F9-4735-8B87-E8E2A01BC06E@microsoft.com, "Doug Robbins - Word
MVP" <dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote:

> Easier to do the whole thing in Excel.

0
David
11/13/2009 8:22:36 PM
Excel has Sum and SumIf functions.
--

> Doug,
>
> If everything was to exist in Excel, I would still need some guidance for
> the code to add up how many pies exist for each of the pie types.
>
> Thanks...
>

> On 11/13/09 3:24 AM, in article
> D18903C3-17F9-4735-8B87-E8E2A01BC06E@microsoft.com, "Doug Robbins - Word
> MVP" <dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote:
>
>> Easier to do the whole thing in Excel.

0
Doug

Default Customer Checkbook ID does not default in Cash Receipts En
Hi! This is a weird situation and I can't seem to replicate it on my local install. My client and I are both on GP 8.0 g 44. I am accessing their GP via Terminal Server. On my local install, the checkbook on my Customer Card (Customer Account Maintenance) defaults in to the cash receipts entry window as soon as I select the Customer ID. However on my client nothing defaults in -- I made sure that there is a checkbook identified on the Customer Accounts Maintenance window. Has anyone encountered this? Thanks in advance. -- Marisol Mortera ...

Update data in Excel
I have two reports in Access one is and output to and the other is exported. I am trying to figure out which one to use so my columns (data) will be updated when the user clicks the automated button. I noticed the export to excel does not update but the output to does. I have two questions 1. Is there a easy way to update the data based of Access report export? 2. If not I can use the output to but I need to find out how to automatically align the columns when the new data is entered. Am I taking the hard way or is there an easier way to export updated reprts to Excel? Please help I am...

Cases with no Customer
Hi The requirements for a CRM 4.0 implementation is to be able to create Cases without linking it to a Customer (Contact or Account). From the customisation section in CRM the mandatory Customer field cannot be set to optional or removed from the form. It was proposed that a dummy account is created called 'non-linked', which is used in this situation, but this will have too much of an impact on existing workflow and reports. So my questions is: Is there anyway to design the system so a Case can be created which is not linked to a Customer. And we are happy to consider unsupported so...

Custom report with filters
Hi, I am doing resource allocations for projects in my company. Each project is considered a task and there are resources assigned to each project. Each resource is assigned to different departments. I would like to be able to produce reports sorted by department with the resources in each department and it showing what the resources are working on. Hi, Have you looked at the Resource Usage view? -- Jan De Messemaeker Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional +32 495 300 620 For availability check: http://users.online.be/prom-ade/Calendar.pdf "eedwards" ...

Excel Conditional Formula Problem
undefined::undefined::undefined I'm modeling the development of a 57 unit housing project, and need t determine the number of units under construction in any given month The inputs are as follows: C7: Total Units 57 C8: Unit Construction Start Month: 2 C9: Unit Construction Starts per Month: 2 C10: Unit Construction Cycle (months): 5 Row 48 contains the number of housing starts by month. There are 3 columns, which represent the total months in the project. I've writte a formula which indicates the number of housing starts per month. C4 through AL46...

My pictures appear to be hidden on my Excel spreadsheet.
I created a spreadsheet with pictures in Excel 2003. My computer has been upgrade to Excel 2007. Now when I open my spreadsheet the pictures I had added do not appear. I know they are still there because they appear on Print Preview and the Picture Tools menu appears. They just seem to be invisible, which is hard because I can work with them. Try using the Find and Select button on the home tab of the ribbon. If you select Selection Pane (on the bottom of the menu) you can see all of the object and thier visibility status. If your pictures don't have the eyeball symb...

Excel window visible!
Can someone tell me why do I see the Excel Window(without the sheet)at the execution of my script that read the first line third column ofa specific sheet? This script run's under XP on my local machine. Hereis my code: Set app = CreateObject("Excel.Application") app.ScreenUpdating = False app.Application.EnableEvents = False app.Visible = False Set Workbook = app.Workbooks.Open("D:\Robert\DOCUMENT\XLS \ClasseurDoc.xls") app.Application.EnableEvents = False app.ScreenUpdating = False app.Visible = False app.Sheets("DAILY").Select intRow =...

How do I set up a financial planner using Microsoft excel?
How do I set up a financial planner using Microsoft excel? What have you done so far? Is there a specific problem that you need help with? R1_4Life wrote: > How do I set up a financial planner using Microsoft excel? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

How do you work the Excel timeline template?
I've downloaded the timeline template from Excel off the MS web page. I do not know what they mean to change the dates. Probably they mean for you to enter your own dates in place of the example's dates. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "betsy" <betsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E57933C-7F75-4E8A-B8C5-ACAF36CA2F4D@microsoft.com... > I've downloaded the timeline template from Excel off the MS web page. I do > not know what they me...

Can't insert new column in Excel 2007
A colleague of mine extracts data via a Microsoft query into Excel. When he opens the file and simply tries to insert a new column, the new column momentarily appears and then disappears. He never had the problem in Excel 2003, only 2007. The worksheet is not protected. There are more than enough columns and rows (the data only occupies 75 columns and 1000 rows), and there are no merged or hidden rows. He emailed the file to me and I could freely add in additional columns and rows, without any restriction - very puzzling. Anyone have a fix ? Since you're seeing the new column (al...

open 2003 db in 2007
i have a database created in a previous version of access and i have opened it in 2007. i want to export a report to excel, but the excel option is greyed out. what is wrong? xin wrote: >i have a database created in a previous version of access and i have opened >it in 2007. i want to export a report to excel, but the excel option is >greyed out. what is wrong? I think they removed that capability because it caused so much trouble or only worked in very specific circumstances. The solution to your problem is the same as it was in earlier versions: Export the report's rec...

Excel>Data>Import External Data>New Web query #2
Hi I am trying to use Excel 2003 to import data from http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quotes/default.asp?refresh=on&rand=8519 I use new web query on the above url. I select the data in the block under 'My Favourite Quotes' The wizard behaves as expected but only returns 1 line not the 3 that have been selected. Can someone please give me some pointers on how I can get the 3 lines. Thanks Bruce Try yahoo instead or go here and get my FREE excel file for quotes or history. Look for donaldb36 as author. xltraders@yahoogroups.com -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@...

Linking a .hlp file to my MFC Application
I have created a help system (.hlp file) for my mfc application using RoboHelp. I would like to call this help system from my application when I click on a button for example. I have tried to open the help system using: WinExec("MyApp.hlp",SW_SHOW"); but this does not do anything. Any idea ? TIA -- Fabrice >I have created a help system (.hlp file) for my mfc application using >RoboHelp. I would like to call this help system from my application when I >click on a button for example. I have tried to open the help system using: >WinExec("MyApp.hlp",SW_...

excel review bar
The review bar in Excel has vanished! Its not in the drop-down options in the toolbar menu where it usually is! How can i get it back? View -> Toolbars then check reviewing -- Gary's Student "broke" wrote: > The review bar in Excel has vanished! Its not in the drop-down options in the > toolbar menu where it usually is! How can i get it back? Idiot, read the question... It aint there! Anyway ive sorted it now! "Gary's Student" wrote: > View -> Toolbars > then check reviewing > -- > Gary's Student > > > "broke&qu...

Where to go for Word and Excel?
Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant to this newsgroup, but hoping someone can tell me something. TIA LAS On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:56:47 -0400, "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote: � Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the � news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these � and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant ...

Can I change the "white cross" cursor in Excel to another cursor?
I don't particularly care for the "white cross" cursor in Excel. Can it be changed to another cursor? Not an option that anyone has been able to alter as far as I can recall. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 3 May 2005 10:23:01 -0700, "KFEagle" <KFEagle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I don't particularly care for the "white cross" cursor in Excel. Can it be >changed to another cursor? ...

Exporting from Smartlist to Excel error
I need to export records from a Smartlist into Excel. There are approximately 3800 records and everytime I try I get the following error: "Unhandled object exception:Call was rejected by callee" Any ideas what this error means?? I have searched this list, the Microsoft site and even Googled the error and have had no luck figuring out what this message means or how to fix it. Others users also have gotten this error when exporting large amounts of data into Excel. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Dawn Hi, Dawn! I know some of my users occasionally get a err...

automatically close excel
is it possible to automatically close excel after no changes have been made for a certain time? thanks in advance Patrick Patrick, From a previous post............ If you want, I can send you a workbook with the code. John <snip> Upon opening the workbook, start a timer to detect activity. Close Workbook after a certain time of inactivity. Original code was found in Google from Tom Ogilvy. Modified code per OP request to bring up a UserForm alerting the user that their time had elapsed and if they chose to continue, the timer would restart and they could continue working else the...

hidden value in each cell or in each row in Excel
hi, I need to store a two information in one cell with one value as hidden ,kindly reply if any one know the way without creating hidden rows or columns or worksheet The need is to store two information in one cell,with one value in display ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Using comments is one option. >-----Original Message----- >hi, > >I need to store a two information in one cell with one value as hidden >,kindly reply if any one kn...

Outlook 2003 calendar events into Excel 2003?
Hello, I would like an Excel sheet that grabs my calendar events (i.e. to have a list of my Outlook calendar events, such as people's Birthday's, in an Excel sheet and updates whenever you open up the Excel sheet. A lookup formula would be useful as I already have a list of the year's dates with my hours worked, sunrise and last's average temperatures for each day. Is this possible in some way? Kol Kolin, I have posted an example of how to navigate the Outlook Object Model to: http://www.Galimi.com/Examples/Outlook.xls http://HelpExcel.com "Kolin Tregaskes&...

Excel file locked by user/process problem
Hi all, I need help! We have a shared Excel file on the network. The las person who worked on it on Saturday says he closed the file properl and everything was fine. However, today, Excel keeps saying that he' in it. I've asked him to reboot his computer. I've searched fo temporary files in the folder where the file resides. Still couldn' find anything. I tried deleting it with DOS and it still doesn't le me because it says "The file is in use." I don't care who's using i now. I just want to terminate the process and delete the file. I was going t...

Export Data from B-Trieve to EXCEL
I am upgrading Great Plains from 4.0 to version 9.0. The current data is in B-Trieve version. Is there any way that instead of Migrating data from B-Trieve to SQL, I export data from B-Trieve to Excel and then import it in SQL via integration manager. Any help in exporting the data from B-Trieve to Excel would be highly appreicated. Thanks It's possible to export from Btrieve to Excel. GP used to provide a DDF creator that would enable you to create the five DDF files that would give you access to your data via ODBC. But, are you planning on exporting each file to Excel and then...

Pasting chart worksheet as link 2007
A chart created in 2007 and sitting in it's own sheet (not included on the data worksheet) will not display entirely if pasted as link (neither into Word nor PPT) Some of the chart seems to be "cut off" in the linked object. This seems to be connected to how much of the "canvas" is visible in Excel. Viewing the chart in Excel on a zoom so that it fills the whole screen seems to remedy this. Is there some setting in Excel that would allow us to set the worksheet chart to automatically size to window? Or else: does anyone know a way of pasting a worksheet chart as ...

HTML Emails
This is for my job, so I cannot change software packages. It's Outlook or it's nothing. I need to create a newsletter that will be distributed quarterly. To spice it up, we decided to create a nice looking HTML formatted email with images, etc. (just like the everyday spam we get). The only way I was able to figure out how to get the HTML into an Outlook email is by... 1) Create the HTML in another program (namely, I use Dreamweaver) 2) Preview the HTML in a browser (I use Internet Explorer) 3) 'Select All' on the page, 'Copy' it and 'Paste' it into t...

About Pivot Tables
Hi All, I have a pivot table. I want refresh the data every day. What I am facing the problem is some times the refresh is not happening properly. And in the drop down list new fileds are comming( the fields is " " - not "blank" where some data is going to that value. For example: 1 2 3 4 After refreshing the data some times the values are like: 1 2 3 4 Some thing like above and some data is going to the value " &quo...