Table requires Custom Linking to Excel

I have a table in Word 2000 with various columns.  Each row represents one
order for a meal package.  One of the columns indicates one of three baked
pies to order (apple, cherry or pumpkin).  Another column indicates whether
or not the order has been paid or unpaid.

Is there a way to put a total number for each of the pie types ordered into
an Excel worksheet?  Similarly, would there be a way to analyze all of the
rows, and for all rows with an unpaid status, multiply this number by the
cost for each meal package, and display this result in an Excel worksheet as
money due?

Thanks in advance...

0
David

Easier to do the whole thing in Excel.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"David Dubroff" <ddu@scribeus.com> wrote in message
> I have a table in Word 2000 with various columns.  Each row represents one
> order for a meal package.  One of the columns indicates one of three baked
> pies to order (apple, cherry or pumpkin).  Another column indicates
> whether
> or not the order has been paid or unpaid.
>
> Is there a way to put a total number for each of the pie types ordered
> into
> an Excel worksheet?  Similarly, would there be a way to analyze all of the
> rows, and for all rows with an unpaid status, multiply this number by the
> cost for each meal package, and display this result in an Excel worksheet
> as
> money due?
>
> Thanks in advance...

0
Doug
11/13/2009 8:24:04 AM
Doug,

If everything was to exist in Excel, I would still need some guidance for
the code to add up how many pies exist for each of the pie types.

Thanks...

On 11/13/09 3:24 AM, in article
D18903C3-17F9-4735-8B87-E8E2A01BC06E@microsoft.com, "Doug Robbins - Word
MVP" <dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote:

> Easier to do the whole thing in Excel.

0
David
11/13/2009 8:22:36 PM
Excel has Sum and SumIf functions.
--

> Doug,
>
> If everything was to exist in Excel, I would still need some guidance for
> the code to add up how many pies exist for each of the pie types.
>
> Thanks...
>

> On 11/13/09 3:24 AM, in article
> D18903C3-17F9-4735-8B87-E8E2A01BC06E@microsoft.com, "Doug Robbins - Word
> MVP" <dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote:
>
>> Easier to do the whole thing in Excel.

0
Doug

Excel file is locked by User X
When one person is in a file and someone else attempts to open the same file the application pauses then prompts them with a message that "file is locked by user X". Is there a script statement that can be used to check this before the file opens then not open the file to prevent the second user from clicking the Read-Only button. Thank you -- Sgwapt ...

Deployment of a Custom Web in CRMROOT\ISV
Hello, I've got a frustrating experience with several CRM 4.0 machines with the newest UR7, when trying to deploy a custom web to Crm 4.0 like CRMROOT/ISV/CompanyName/MyApp. Where MyApp is the root of my custom app. Underneath MyApp is the /bin folder and my own web.config. Crm web server is in On-Premise mode. I followed http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd548493.aspx and assumed that UR7 will deal with it like UR2, mentioned in Condition 2 in this article. Anyway, after deploying my app I always get the following error: "Could not load file or assembly 'MyApp'...

How to compare an entire column to multiple columns in Excel
I have an excel sheet with about 200 columns and about 3000 rows of data. Some of the columns are repeated with same values. I need to find out the duplicate Could anyone of you can help me finding a formula that compares each columns and identify the equal columns: For example from the dataset given below, column A = Column C as bc as bc a1 e2 a1 e8 c8 c8 c8 c8 r8 t9 r8 r6 Thank you. Regards, PS - =SUMPRODUCT(--(C5:C16=D5:D16))=ROWS(C5:D16) will return TRUE if each cell is equal to the adjacent cell -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom http://nwexcelsolutions.com <paveernaa@gmail.com...

Excel 97 - Template Wizard
I have a form which I have converted to an .xlt file using the Template Wizard. When I manually save, a box pops-up giving 2 options: 'Create New Record' and 'Continue without updating'. I wish to create a macro to save the document and chose the option 'Create New Record'. I am not sure how to do this, because when I record the macro manually there is no difference between the two save choices. Can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks, Richard ...

Thank you microsoft.public.excel.charting
The following is an excerpt from the acknowledgments in my forthcoming book, Just Plain Data Analysis [the companion web page is here: http://lilt.ilstu.edu/jpda/ "To prepare the tables and charts in this book, I acquired near mastery of the 2003 Microsoft Excel charting software and considerable experience with the 2007 version. Excel is much more powerful than a counter sorter, but the frustrations are the same. My masters in my quest to earn a black belt in Excel charting were the regular contributors to the microsoft.public.excel.charting newsgroup: Rob Bovey, Debra Dalgleish, Shane ...

Customizing CRM Controls
Is there somebody how ever tried to customize Microsoft CRM controls? I want to make an own implementation of the Picklist control to fill it with Contact information depending on the selected Account. Therefor I inherit from Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPicklistControl, but when trie to run my application I receive an "Object not set to an instance..." error. Any help would be much appriciated ...

Page Setup in Excel 2007
How can I get to page setup in excel 2007? They have hidden all the !$%&&@!! useful feature. All I want to do is set my row at the top and print like I have been doing for the last 10 years. Any thoughts on where / how you do this in excel 2007? Atttggghh. Why cant they bring the old interface back... it was so much easier. Thanks for your help... and thanks for letting me vent. Cheers, Mike Hi Mike One way In the Page Setup group on the Page Layout tab click on the tiny button in the bottom right corner -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm &quo...

ms excel spreadsheet
After creating an Excel (Excel 2003) spreedsheet, how can i get the user to fill in the necessary/required cells (and telling the user to fill it in is not good enough)? Or is there a way to have Excel check to make sure these cells are filled in upon saving it? -- Matt K. You can create a before close and/or before save macro that checks the cells and refuses if not filled. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Matt K." <MattK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33EFF746-F964-4A36-8FC7-ED4CD3C54119@microsoft.com....

Excel opens my file and a book1.xls, make it stop?
When I open an excel file it opens my file and a book1.xls workbook as well, how do I make it stop? Does that book1.xls really have the extension .xls? If yes, use windows start button to search for your xlstart folder. If there's a file named book1.xls in there, move it or delete it. Don't delete any file named book.xlt or sheet.xlt. If that doesn't work, use windows start button|search to look for book1.xls. When you find it, move it or delete it. Bob wrote: > > When I open an excel file it opens my file and a book1.xls workbook as well, > how do I make it sto...

change link properties in a cell
Hello, Our accounting software creates an excel report that contains a link to an image. (file://H:\xxxxx\xxxx\xxxxx.tif) for example. The problem is we want to replace the path to the image with something that will point to a folder on a dvd for example. We will not be able to control which drive letter the end user will use. My questions then; Is there a way to change the path in the link without interacting with each one? There are well over 1000 links in each spreadsheet. Is there a way to make the new path relative to the location of the spreadsheet file? Thanks so much, k Perha...

Data from tables
Okay. Think I wasn't clear. Have a table called FDA that contains tons of data. Have table called Log Have table called Daily totals Have a query called Foods_qry The source for the form is the query. The source for the field called Food is the table FDA. This is what I did based on what you said... With Me.RecordsetClone .FindFirst "[Calories] = " & Me.Food If Not .NoMatch Then Me.Bookmark = .Bookmark End If I get an error: Run Time Error '3077' Syntax error (comma) in expression. It points to .FindFirst "[Calori...

Macro to copy range from Excel files in folder
Hi I am using Excel 2003 I would like to use macro to do the following. I have a few Excel files in a folder and I would like to copy the same range from each file, and paste it in a specific workbook/template. Please help. Sub ProcessFiles() Dim oThis As Worksheet Dim oFSO As Object Dim oFiles As Object Dim oFile As Object Dim sFolder As String Dim oFolder As Object Dim i As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False Set oThis = ActiveSheet Set oFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") sFolder = "C:\MyTest" If sFolder <> ""...

Change Excel Exponent Default Setting
I work for a company that is implementing a new chart of accounts to manage our business. The new account length will be 12 characters in length(e.g. 611500100001). Unfortunately, when this is entered in Excel - Excel automatically changes the value to an exponent (6.115E+11). Now I know I can change the format to display the number correctly, but actually want to either change the default exponent length setting or worse case: remove the exponent feature altogether. One of the other reasons that this will become a big problem is the fact that in my company we utilize CSV (comma separated v...

Excel 97 Creating HUGE temp files
We've recently upgraded to Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition. After doing so, we've noticed that Excel 97 immediately started behaving odd. We're running Excel 97 on Windows 98 and Windows XP Pro PCs. The problem is that Excel has started creating very large, what I believe are, temp files when you save an Excel file. They become so large that users think the program has stopped responding, and indeed sometimes the save operation fails because Excel is churning away trying to create these huge 'temp' files. These temp files range from a minum of 100 Megs all t...

"Locate Link Browser"
For the past couple of days, every time I click on an URL--the URL is launched in my default browser and I get a window with the title "Locate Link Browser" that has a default setting of an executable file. I don't think I've made any setting changes--but something is different. TIA it usually happens if you install firefox or another browser... the steps found at http://www.slipstick.com/problems/firefox.htm should fix it regardless of the cause -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual ...

Pivot Tables #30
Doeas anyone know where I can find some basic info on pivot tables? I want to learn the basics. Is there a website with a tutorial that anyone knows about? Thank you, Karen See Debra Dalgleish's intro: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm In article <72154F80-7A1A-4DE0-8BA6-B1273C65C9F0@microsoft.com>, "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Doeas anyone know where I can find some basic info on pivot tables? I want > to learn the basics. Is there a website with a tutorial that anyone knows > about? > > Thank...

Pivot tables #24
I received a pivot table, how can I change it back into the actual source data that was used to create the pivot table Make sure none of the items in the page, row or column fields are hidden. Double-click on the Grand Total cell (A maximum of 65536 records from the source data will be returned) Deo wrote: > I received a pivot table, how can I change it back into > the actual source data that was used to create the pivot > table -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

FRx exprt to Excel
This is odd! All of a sudden, FRx (V 6.7.4032) reports output to Formatted Excel have the fonts set to "nothing" or white. White on white results in nothing being displayed. Reports output to "regular" excel are fine. I can't think of any changes recently made. Any ideas would be most appreciated. Thanks ...

Pivot Table Settings #2
Hello, Is there a way to have the Pivot table fields set to sum (or any other calculations)instead of count before you start to create? Thank you, Denise ...

Charts and data tables different info
I want 6 lines of data in my table, but only 3 of those 6 lines in my chart- how to I do that? Hi, You need to include all 6 in the chart in order to populate the data table. You can then format 3 to have no Line style. This will remove them from the chart. You can also remove individual legend entries by selecting and deleting them. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "loller" <loller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A674EC69-01E6-491A-BDBF-925A6AB35565@microsoft.com... >I want 6 lines of data in my table, but o...

How can i add a print-and save-date field in Excel as in Word?
In word, you can add a Field of the print-date and save-date. I want to do the same on an Excel document ...

Add/edit Hyperlink in shared excel workbook
I have a shared Excel work book containing many hyperlinks. The users add or edit the hyperlinks every time during the day. The problem is that in order to add or edit a hyperlink one has to take off the shared workbook. Can any one help me out here I want to share the file and add and edit the hyperlinks without kining out other users. Thanks sana This is from xl2002's help: Features that are unavailable in shared workbooks You can access the following features only if you stop sharing the workbook. ...... Insert or change hyperlinks Existing hyperlinks continue t...

WORD: Table of Contents with latin numeration
If have got a document dividedin sections. The first sections use latin page numbering and the rest normal arabic numbering. For each section this is working all fine. The only trouble appears when I create the TOC. The reference to the page numbers of those sections that use latin page numbering appears with arabic numbering. THe example will surely clarify the problem: It appears as ****************** Table of contents..................................2 Foreword ...................................4 Summary ...........................................5 1 Introduction ......................

Maximum file size for excel documents?
Hi, Does anyone know what the maximum file size for a excell 2000 workbook is? I'm currently upto 38mb, just need to know how much further I can go. Lots of data.... Hi see: http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Parag wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone know what the maximum file size for a excell 2000 > workbook is? I'm currently upto 38mb, just need to know how much > further I can go. > > Lots of data.... Thanks "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > see: > http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm ...

Excel Icons #2
I have a user that whoses icons for any excel document are showing up as something else (i.e. word file, open folder....) but when you click of the file to access it, it opens up fine. Any ideas on how to correct this. I think I'd try re-registering excel. Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the windows registry to excel's factory defaults And you're sure that these files aren't shortcuts to the real excel files? If they're shortcuts, rightclick ...