Surely this is a Bug

Microsoft Word developer's have proven once again their determination to 
make the goal of a simple and reliable means of validating content control 
contents seemingly impossible.

The OnExit event has been buggy since the release of Word and MS simply 
doesn't seem to care.

For the last several days I have been getting closer and closer to finding a 
reliable (far from simple) means.  At first I thought that the CustomXMLPart 
NodeAfterReplace event would fit the bill.  Unfortunately when a mapped CC 
starts out life with the placeholder text displayed then the corresponding 
node contains a null value.  When content is added to the CC this 
replacement of "null" with "something" is not detected by the event.  Only 
replacing "something" with "something else" triggers the event.  (bug or by 
design I am not certain?)

Next I experimented with NodeAfterInert.  Sure enough when I replace CC 
placeholder text with something else and tab to the next CC this event 
fires.  Almost ready to proclaim EUREKA, I encountered more bugging 
behavior!!

When the event first is inconsistent!!  To work as a CC validation event it 
must not fire until "after" the user enters the data an exists the CC. 
Unfortunately sometimes if fires after the data is entered and the user 
leaves the CC, but other times it fires immediately after the user enters 
the first character.  Thsi has to be a bug!! Why on earth should it fire on 
first character entry and the bigger issue is however it fires it should 
fire consistently.

You can observe this behavior using the following steps:

1.  Open a new Word Document.
2.  Paste the following code in the "ThisDocument" class module:

Option Explicit
Dim WithEvents oMonitor As CustomXMLPart
Sub SetMonitor()
On Error Resume Next
Set oMonitor = ThisDocument.CustomXMLParts(4)
End Sub
Private Sub oMonitor_NodeAfterInsert(ByVal NewNode As Office.CustomXMLNode, 
ByVal InUndoRedo As Boolean)
Main.CCValidaton NewNode
End Sub
Private Sub oMonitor_NodeAfterReplace(ByVal OldNode As Office.CustomXMLNode, 
ByVal NewNode As Office.CustomXMLNode, ByVal InUndoRedo As Boolean)
Main.CCValidaton NewNode
End Sub

3.  Paste the following code in a standard module and run AddCCsAndMap. 
This will add four mapped CCs to the document.

Option Explicit
Sub AddCCsAndMap()
Dim oCC As ContentControl
With ActiveDocument
  .Range.InsertAfter "Test 1: "
  .Bookmarks("\endofdoc").Select
  Set oCC = .ContentControls.Add(wdContentControlText)
  oCC.Title = "Test 1"
  .Range.InsertAfter vbCr + vbCr & "Test 2: "
  .Bookmarks("\endofdoc").Select
  Set oCC = .ContentControls.Add(wdContentControlText)
  oCC.Title = "Test 2"
 .Range.InsertAfter vbCr + vbCr & "Test 3: "
  .Bookmarks("\endofdoc").Select
  Set oCC = .ContentControls.Add(wdContentControlText)
  oCC.Title = "Test 3"
  .Range.InsertAfter vbCr + vbCr & "Test 4: "
  .Bookmarks("\endofdoc").Select
  Set oCC = .ContentControls.Add(wdContentControlText)
  oCC.Title = "Test 4"
End With
MapCCs
ThisDocument.SetMonitor
End Sub

Sub MapCCs()
Dim oCC As ContentControl
Dim pXML As String
Dim oCustXMLPart As CustomXMLPart
Dim XPath As String
pXML = "<?xml version='1.0' 
encoding='utf-8'?><Main><Test_1></Test_1><Test_2></Test_2><Test_3></Test_3>" 
_
       & "<Test_4></Test_4></Main>"
ClearXMLParts
Set oCustXMLPart = ActiveDocument.CustomXMLParts.Add(pXML)
Set oCC = ActiveDocument.SelectContentControlsByTitle("Test 1").Item(1)
XPath = "/Main/Test_1[1]"
oCC.XMLMapping.SetMapping XPath
Set oCC = ActiveDocument.SelectContentControlsByTitle("Test 2").Item(1)
XPath = "/Main/Test_2[1]"
oCC.XMLMapping.SetMapping XPath
Set oCC = ActiveDocument.SelectContentControlsByTitle("Test 3").Item(1)
XPath = "/Main/Test_3[1]"
oCC.XMLMapping.SetMapping XPath
Set oCC = ActiveDocument.SelectContentControlsByTitle("Test 4").Item(1)
XPath = "/Main/Test_4[1]"
oCC.XMLMapping.SetMapping XPath
Set oCC = Nothing
Set oCustXMLPart = Nothing
End Sub
Sub ClearXMLParts()
Dim i As Long
For i = ActiveDocument.CustomXMLParts.Count To 4 Step -1
  ActiveDocument.CustomXMLParts(i).Delete
Next i
End Sub

Sub CCValidaton(oNode As Office.CustomXMLNode)
Dim pStr As String
pStr = oNode.Text
With ThisDocument
  Select Case oNode.ParentNode.BaseName
    Case "Test_1"
      If Len(pStr) < 5 Then
        MsgBox "Invalid entry"
        .SelectContentControlsByTitle("Test 
1").Item(1).Range.Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorRose
      Else
        .SelectContentControlsByTitle("Test 
1").Item(1).Range.Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
      End If
    Case "Test_2"
      If Len(pStr) < 5 Then
        MsgBox "Invalid entry"
        .SelectContentControlsByTitle("Test 
2").Item(1).Range.Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorRose
      Else
        .SelectContentControlsByTitle("Test 
2").Item(1).Range.Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
      End If
    Case "Test_3"
      If Len(pStr) < 5 Then
        MsgBox "Invalid entry"
        .SelectContentControlsByTitle("Test 
3").Item(1).Range.Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorRose
      Else
        .SelectContentControlsByTitle("Test 
3").Item(1).Range.Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
      End If
    Case "Test_4"
      If Len(pStr) < 5 Then
        MsgBox "Invalid entry"
        .SelectContentControlsByTitle("Test 
4").Item(1).Range.Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorRose
      Else
        .SelectContentControlsByTitle("Test 
4").Item(1).Range.Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
      End If
  End Select
End With
End Sub

4.  Click in the Test 1 CC and enter 1 to 4 characters then tab.  This will 
show you the expected behavior.

5.  The focus is now in Test 2 CC.  Type a single character.  This will show 
you the unexpected behavior and the bug!

6.  The focus is now in Test 3 CC.  This one behaves as expected.  Test 4 is 
unexpected.

For whatever reason every other CC behaves unexpectantly.  If you start with 
Test 2 then is is OK but Test 3 then fails.  Start with 4 OK but Test 1 
fails.

I have repeated this behavior consistently over 50 times.

Appreciate any response confirming this behavior and earnestly hoping that 
fixed in Word2010.

-- 
Greg Maxey

See my web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
for an eclectic collection of Word Tips.

Arrogance is a weed that grows mostly on a dunghill (Arabic proverb)



0
Greg
11/12/2009 4:58:00 PM
word.vba.general 1023 articles. 1 followers. Follow

1 Replies
1689 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 37

This gets even weirder.

If you add a CC between each of the four mapped CCs then cycle through the 
CCs each performs as expected (i.e., the event doesn't fire in the second 
and fourth control until after the user completes the text entry and exits 
the CC.  This the odd behavior also does occur if you enter the text in 
CC1>tab to CC2>click out of CC2>click back into CC2.

It seems that the event is somehow hanging and doesn't reset until you cycle 
in and out of the CC.  Weird.

"Greg Maxey" <gmaxey@mIKEvICTORpAPAsIERRA.oSCARrOMEOgOLF> wrote in message 
news:eRAJJl7YKHA.1596@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Microsoft Word developer's have proven once again their determination to 
> make the goal of a simple and reliable means of validating content control 
> contents seemingly impossible.
>
> The OnExit event has been buggy since the release of Word and MS simply 
> doesn't seem to care.
>
> For the last several days I have been getting closer and closer to finding 
> a reliable (far from simple) means.  At first I thought that the 
> CustomXMLPart NodeAfterReplace event would fit the bill.  Unfortunately 
> when a mapped CC starts out life with the placeholder text displayed then 
> the corresponding node contains a null value.  When content is added to 
> the CC this replacement of "null" with "something" is not detected by the 
> event.  Only replacing "something" with "something else" triggers the 
> event.  (bug or by design I am not certain?)
>
> Next I experimented with NodeAfterInert.  Sure enough when I replace CC 
> placeholder text with something else and tab to the next CC this event 
> fires.  Almost ready to proclaim EUREKA, I encountered more bugging 
> behavior!!
>
> When the event first is inconsistent!!  To work as a CC validation event 
> it must not fire until "after" the user enters the data an exists the CC. 
> Unfortunately sometimes if fires after the data is entered and the user 
> leaves the CC, but other times it fires immediately after the user enters 
> the first character.  Thsi has to be a bug!! Why on earth should it fire 
> on first character entry and the bigger issue is however it fires it 
> should fire consistently.
>
> You can observe this behavior using the following steps:
>
> 1.  Open a new Word Document.
> 2.  Paste the following code in the "ThisDocument" class module:
>
> Option Explicit
> Dim WithEvents oMonitor As CustomXMLPart
> Sub SetMonitor()
> On Error Resume Next
> Set oMonitor = ThisDocument.CustomXMLParts(4)
> End Sub
> Private Sub oMonitor_NodeAfterInsert(ByVal NewNode As 
> Office.CustomXMLNode, ByVal InUndoRedo As Boolean)
> Main.CCValidaton NewNode
> End Sub
> Private Sub oMonitor_NodeAfterReplace(ByVal OldNode As 
> Office.CustomXMLNode, ByVal NewNode As Office.CustomXMLNode, ByVal 
> InUndoRedo As Boolean)
> Main.CCValidaton NewNode
> End Sub
>
> 3.  Paste the following code in a standard module and run AddCCsAndMap. 
> This will add four mapped CCs to the document.
>
> Option Explicit
> Sub AddCCsAndMap()
> Dim oCC As ContentControl
> With ActiveDocument
>  .Range.InsertAfter "Test 1: "
>  .Bookmarks("\endofdoc").Select
>  Set oCC = .ContentControls.Add(wdContentControlText)
>  oCC.Title = "Test 1"
>  .Range.InsertAfter vbCr + vbCr & "Test 2: "
>  .Bookmarks("\endofdoc").Select
>  Set oCC = .ContentControls.Add(wdContentControlText)
>  oCC.Title = "Test 2"
> .Range.InsertAfter vbCr + vbCr & "Test 3: "
>  .Bookmarks("\endofdoc").Select
>  Set oCC = .ContentControls.Add(wdContentControlText)
>  oCC.Title = "Test 3"
>  .Range.InsertAfter vbCr + vbCr & "Test 4: "
>  .Bookmarks("\endofdoc").Select
>  Set oCC = .ContentControls.Add(wdContentControlText)
>  oCC.Title = "Test 4"
> End With
> MapCCs
> ThisDocument.SetMonitor
> End Sub
>
> Sub MapCCs()
> Dim oCC As ContentControl
> Dim pXML As String
> Dim oCustXMLPart As CustomXMLPart
> Dim XPath As String
> pXML = "<?xml version='1.0' 
> encoding='utf-8'?><Main><Test_1></Test_1><Test_2></Test_2><Test_3></Test_3>" 
> _
>       & "<Test_4></Test_4></Main>"
> ClearXMLParts
> Set oCustXMLPart = ActiveDocument.CustomXMLParts.Add(pXML)
> Set oCC = ActiveDocument.SelectContentControlsByTitle("Test 1").Item(1)
> XPath = "/Main/Test_1[1]"
> oCC.XMLMapping.SetMapping XPath
> Set oCC = ActiveDocument.SelectContentControlsByTitle("Test 2").Item(1)
> XPath = "/Main/Test_2[1]"
> oCC.XMLMapping.SetMapping XPath
> Set oCC = ActiveDocument.SelectContentControlsByTitle("Test 3").Item(1)
> XPath = "/Main/Test_3[1]"
> oCC.XMLMapping.SetMapping XPath
> Set oCC = ActiveDocument.SelectContentControlsByTitle("Test 4").Item(1)
> XPath = "/Main/Test_4[1]"
> oCC.XMLMapping.SetMapping XPath
> Set oCC = Nothing
> Set oCustXMLPart = Nothing
> End Sub
> Sub ClearXMLParts()
> Dim i As Long
> For i = ActiveDocument.CustomXMLParts.Count To 4 Step -1
>  ActiveDocument.CustomXMLParts(i).Delete
> Next i
> End Sub
>
> Sub CCValidaton(oNode As Office.CustomXMLNode)
> Dim pStr As String
> pStr = oNode.Text
> With ThisDocument
>  Select Case oNode.ParentNode.BaseName
>    Case "Test_1"
>      If Len(pStr) < 5 Then
>        MsgBox "Invalid entry"
>        .SelectContentControlsByTitle("Test 
> 1").Item(1).Range.Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorRose
>      Else
>        .SelectContentControlsByTitle("Test 
> 1").Item(1).Range.Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
>      End If
>    Case "Test_2"
>      If Len(pStr) < 5 Then
>        MsgBox "Invalid entry"
>        .SelectContentControlsByTitle("Test 
> 2").Item(1).Range.Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorRose
>      Else
>        .SelectContentControlsByTitle("Test 
> 2").Item(1).Range.Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
>      End If
>    Case "Test_3"
>      If Len(pStr) < 5 Then
>        MsgBox "Invalid entry"
>        .SelectContentControlsByTitle("Test 
> 3").Item(1).Range.Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorRose
>      Else
>        .SelectContentControlsByTitle("Test 
> 3").Item(1).Range.Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
>      End If
>    Case "Test_4"
>      If Len(pStr) < 5 Then
>        MsgBox "Invalid entry"
>        .SelectContentControlsByTitle("Test 
> 4").Item(1).Range.Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorRose
>      Else
>        .SelectContentControlsByTitle("Test 
> 4").Item(1).Range.Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
>      End If
>  End Select
> End With
> End Sub
>
> 4.  Click in the Test 1 CC and enter 1 to 4 characters then tab.  This 
> will show you the expected behavior.
>
> 5.  The focus is now in Test 2 CC.  Type a single character.  This will 
> show you the unexpected behavior and the bug!
>
> 6.  The focus is now in Test 3 CC.  This one behaves as expected.  Test 4 
> is unexpected.
>
> For whatever reason every other CC behaves unexpectantly.  If you start 
> with Test 2 then is is OK but Test 3 then fails.  Start with 4 OK but Test 
> 1 fails.
>
> I have repeated this behavior consistently over 50 times.
>
> Appreciate any response confirming this behavior and earnestly hoping that 
> fixed in Word2010.
>
> -- 
> Greg Maxey
>
> See my web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
> for an eclectic collection of Word Tips.
>
> Arrogance is a weed that grows mostly on a dunghill (Arabic proverb)
>
>
> 


0
Greg
11/12/2009 9:15:12 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

CRM 4.0 BUG #2
Hi, CRM 4.0 open's a window "Blank" in each record or opening spot and asks me if I want to open or save the file? Has anybody knowledge of this bug? Best regards Bernard Hi, I had similiar issue when FireFox was installed and set as default browser on the client computer. Try setting default browser to IE, restart Outlook and try again. Hope this helps, Jevgenij <info@alsaceformation.fr> wrote in message news:ef56f981-542f-4c5a-8f35-58b4ed1fe6b9@56g2000hsm.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > CRM 4.0 open's a window "Blank" in each record or > op...

Not sure why!
I have a table: Pain diary PD_Date PD_Med_1_Name PD_Med_1_Dosage PD_Med_2_Name PD_Med_2_Dosage PD_Med_3_Name PD_Med_3_Dosage PD_Med_4_Name PD_Med_4_Dosage I plan on running 4 insert into queries to populate the table PancreasMeds I need to sum the dosages of each MedName, so I created the following query to sum the values for Med 1 INSERT INTO PancreasMeds SELECT PD_Date AS PD_Date, PD_Med_1_Name AS PD_Med_1_Name, Sum(PD_Med_1_Dosage) AS [Sum Of PD_Med_1_Dosage] FROM Pain_Diary GROUP BY Pain_Diary.PD_Date, Pain_Diary.PD_Med_1_Name; which works fine.... I need to d...

IE8 Title bug
According to Microsoft Connect (https://connect.microsoft.com/IE) I should report a possible bug in this newsgroup. When I want to save a webpage I sometimes get the message "This webpage could not be saved". I discovered that this was caused by the 'title' tag of the html document. It seems that the error message is shown whenever the 'title' tag exceeds 259 characters. I use Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bits and tested IE 8.0.6001.18828 both 32-bits and 64-bits version. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft respon...

if/and...not quite sure
In cell D5 I will be entering in a figure, in cell G5 I need to multiply it by a percentage, the percentage changes depending on the value of cell D5. I have 8 ranges to accomadate the 1st one being a less than and the last one being a more than. Is this enough information to get some assistance? -- A. On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:34:05 -0800, Andmor <Andmor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In cell D5 I will be entering in a figure, in cell G5 I need to multiply it >by a percentage, the percentage changes depending on the value of cell D5. I >have 8 ranges to a...

Slowly but surely
I am slowly getting the project designed like it should be but my current problem is as follows: I have frmAvailReports with cascading cbo (cboAvailReports and cboSpecifcReports) and a view report command button. Selection within cboSpecificReports as [forms]![frmAvailReports]![cboSpecificReports] is the parameter in qryNumberedFleet. frmAvailReports works great as a standalone form but as soon as I drop it as a subform into another form and execute the command button I get a popup with [forms]![frmAvailReports]![cboSpecificReports]. Any idea why? Part two I was planning on using "if...

Severe bug in CFrameWnd::OnDDEExecute
There is a severe bug in CFrameWnd::OnDDEExecute. The DDE command string is not passed on to OnDDECommand, and thus no DDE execute commands are performed. One severe effect is that any file extensions you may have registered for your MDI (Multiple Document Interface) application will not work, because MDI applications use DDE when opening files via Explorer. You can work yourself around it by defining your own message handler for the WM_DDE_EXECUTE message, cloning the code from CFrameWnd::OnDDEExecute and adding lstrcpy(szCommand, lpsz); just before GlobalUnlock(hData); in this f...

CDO 1.21 programming bug
Has anyone else encountered this? When I run this code, Set objSession = New MAPI.Session objSession.Logon profileName:="Outlook" Set objMessage = objSession.Outbox.Messages.Add objMessage.Subject = "test" objMessage.Text = "test" Set objRecipient = objMessage.Recipients.Add objRecipient.Name = "RecipientEmail@Email.com" objRecipient.Type = 1 objRecipient.Resolve objMessage.Send it runs fine and sends the email. However, if I change the last line to objMessage.Send showDialog:=True it *intermittently* gives the error "Object Could Not be Found.&q...

Publisher 2007 RTM
Hi, I would like to ask whether I should continue to participate in Publisher Beta feedback on Microsoft Connect, since it does not seem there is a lot of activity nowadays and the forms are not updated. Where is the right place to provide a feedback on Publisher? Thanks, Jan "Jan Kucera" <miloush@community.nospam> wrote: >Hi, > I would like to ask whether I should continue to participate in Publisher >Beta feedback on Microsoft Connect, since it does not seem there is a lot of >activity nowadays and the forms are not updated. > &g...

IXmlSerializable GetSchema Bug in wsdl.exe, Help ?
example: I have a skill object that implements the XmlSerializable interface Implementing the getschema gives me some unwanted generations towards the wsdl.exe Reference.cs generation. skill is an object with properties name and code public System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchema GetSchema() { string _namespace; System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchema output; System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaElement skill, name, code; System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaComplexType skillType; System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaSequence sequence; _namespace = "http://tempuri.org/Skill"; output = new System.Xml.Schema.Xm...

XP-SP3 How can I be sure to keep it.
I currently have a Dell Reinstallation CD for XP Pro - SP2. I recently had to use it and was able to reinstall Windows without any problems. After installation I used the Windows Update site to get all the current updates. I believe I've read here that after July, 2010 SP2 will no longer be supported. If I have use my OEM disk after July will I still be able to download Service Pack 3 from Windows Update? or should I go ahead and download the iso file from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2FCDE6CE-B5FB-4488-8C50-FE22559D164E&displaylang=en and c...

Making sure nothing screws up Publisher
Okay, it's time to make some changes. I have the slave drive installed and I'm ready to rock and roll. I am currently running Office Pro 2000; Pub 2000, 2002, and 2003; and FrontPage 2002. I have Office Pro 2003 and FrontPage 2003 (full version). I'd like to do this correctly - is there anything y'all know of that can help me avoid any pitfalls? I guess I can uninstall certain aspects of Office 2000 but I do want to keep Publisher 2000. It's come in handy more than once. Does anyone have any hints or do's and don't's they'd like to pass along? Is there a pr...

BUG?? CScrollView and/or Scroll Bars? Confirm???
OS: XP (blue theme) Full Window Drag Enabled VS2005 I create a basic MFC project SDI, based on CScrollView, edit CScrollView::OnInitDialog to set the scroll size to 1000. can anyone confirm this bug: 1) click the caption bar just to the left of the minimize and drag the window all the way to the left, so there is about an inch remaining visible 2) grab the right side of the window and stretch it to the right as far as possible... it'll max out when the window is 1000 pixels wide. 3) now drag the window again so that the right edge of the app is about an inch from the right edge of t...

Solved! (This time for sure!
Wait... Bullwinkle? Boris? Hmmm.... Boris, I owe you. I never in a million years would have guessed it was the icon, but that's exactly what it was. I just got an e-mail from the client. The system now works 100%. If by chance you are on facebook, please add me as a friend, or just send me an e-mail sometime - discgolfdad@cox.net And say "Hi!" to Natasha for me! I don't know Bullwinkle, and Boris is not my real name, but I'm glad it works now! Cheers!! On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 14:06:40 +0200, Boris Pauljev <nordiccoder@hotmail.com> wrote...

Re: Writing a resume I'm not sure what I write in objectives #7
"GbH" <Geoff_Hannington@IEE.ORGasm> wrote in message news:... > > "GbH" <Geoff_Hannington@IEE.ORGasm> wrote in message news:... >> >> "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message >> news:eP#YfN65JHA.2656@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >>> GbH wrote: >>>> but neither is a resume!!!! >>> >>> So you're complaining about the lack of acute accents when people >>> refer to a r�sum� as a resume? Why not correct to the intended word >>> rather than a different one - pa...

Possible Bug: ArgumentOutOfRangeException when using xsl:sort and xsl:strip-space has been declared
I have a scheduled job that uses different XSL templates to transform XML and save it to disk. I am having problems with the code below. The problem shows up on both my development machine (Windows XP Pro SP 1, .Net Framework 1.1) and on our production server (Windows 2K SP 4, .Net Framework 1.1). I have simplified the code and data to isolate the problem. When I use the xsl:strip-space (Line 12) declaration in conjunction with the xsl:sort element located on Line 80 I get an ArgumentOutOfRangeException thrown. If I comment out either line everything works fine. The extra twist is that there a...

Word 2007 Bug
Hi, I periodically get a strange error with Word 2007. While working on a document, it starts using a full CPU core (50% CPU on a dual core machine). While this is happening, Word refuses to respond, although it sometimes remembers keyboard shortcuts etc. This has happened infrequently starting around October/November last year. Immediately before this happens, I sometimes see letters repeated (eg when typing normally, I get a string of 10 of a letter in a row). There's nothing special about the document I'm currently working on; it's based on a template that I...

Sure Step Templates
Are there any sites where one can find sure step templates with more detail than those contained in the sure step methodology itself? i.e. something with more than just a main heading On Jan 14, 6:47=A0am, Clinton <Clin...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Are there any sites where one can find sure step templates with more detai= l > than those contained in the sure step methodology itself? i.e. something w= ith > more than just a main heading I think that you can dowload the sure step templates from PartnerSource. You are required to be on a partner service plan to have...

remove "are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?" po
I find it rather annoying almost any time I want to close an accounts window this popup dialg appears with the text "are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?" and so on. It pops up even if i've made no edits to the account, most of the time. Is there anyway to disable this warning/dialg box? Try putting the following in the OnLoad event of the form: crmForm.detachCloseAlert(); It's not a documented method, so it's unsupported -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Canadaka" wrote: > I find it...

An oddity if not a bug
A1: =FACT(9)/FACT(6)/FACT(3) returns 84, as it should A2: =COMBIN(9,3) returns 84, as it should A3: =A1=A2 returns TRUE A4: =A1-A2 returns 0 A5: =MOD(A4,1) returns 0 A6: =MOD(A1,1) returns 0 A7: =MOD(A2,1) returns -1.42109E-14 So the @#$% fudge factor strikes again, or does it? Shouldn't it affect the evaluated value of cell A2 with the final result for A2 an integer? This shouldn't be. If cell ...

Visual Studio Resource Editor Bugs
Help! I'm an undergraduate doing an MFC assignment using Visual Studio 7 and the resource editor has suddenly starting doing strange stuff. I created a number of new menu items, and the Resource.h file now contains #define statements for them that just don't work, for instance: #define ID_EDIT_INCR 0 #define ID_EDIT_ADD 0 All new Menu IDs are given the value of 0 instead of 130 or whatever they should be. Does some intelligent person out there know why this is happening, how I can stop it from continuing, or how I can find out what values the...

bug report: editing chicago style bibliography
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel <i>know folks have had problems with the bibliography tools in microsoft word, but after figuring out some of initial weirdness of them, i have found them on the whole to be an incredible time saver.</i>&#32;<br><br><i>have, however, located a problem.</i>&#32;<br><br>when i insert (e.g. Jobs 1998) a chicago-style citation into the document, i can edit the citation to suppress the author year, title, or add a page number. if i simply add a page number, (e.g...

Bug in Econnect taSopLineDelete when multi-bin Enabled.
I encountered a bug in econnect store procedures. I am running GP 10 SP2 and econnect SP2, with multi-bin enabled. I identified the root cause of the bug is in taSopLineDelete, and also affects the procedure taSopLineIvcInsert. The Site bin allocation quantity is not correctly updated after either deleting a SOP line item or updating a SOP line Item when the SOP line has been allocated from the same bin multiple times. An example is like that For SOP Document# 1, Item "ABC" has order quantity 10. at that time, at Bin A-1, only quantity 3 available, so 3 is allocated from bin...

Known bug? range with 2 file paths
We have been struggling with a buggy spreadsheet, and finally traced the problem to a double-path range as follows: A reference to an external range is normally defined by a formula like 'mypath\[myfile.xls]mytab'!cell1:cell2 Somehow, we had a series of cells with the range reference displayed as 'mypath\[myfile.xls]mytab'!cell1:'mypath\[myfile.xls]mytab'!cell2 Excel does not object (we have tried to enter it manually and XL accepts it), and all goes well as long as the referenced sheet (myfile.xls) is also open. When you try later to open the sheet containing this f...

Void trans. Money 2006 doesn't recog.goes to same transaction/bug?
In my checking acct. I entered a check number and it had to be voided. When I try to to go to a new withdrawal, it starts with the number that was just voided instead of going to the next check, is this another bug? I tried closing the program and restarting but does the same thing. They fix this in 2007 also? Seems the more I work with 2006, seems to be bug infested and they want you to buy 2007 to fix it? Bruce I just tried this in M07 and M04. I entered # 2111. Then I voided it. Then I went to enter another new transaction. In both versions, It started the transaction by auto-fil...

Money 2006 Premium: I believe there is a bug
I was just balancing my checking account in Microsoft Money 2006 Premium, when suddenly I got something very strange. I was clearing items which are on my bank's statement, when suddenly the text, "Show Transaction Forms" with a checkbox appeared IN THE MIDDLE of the listbox of transactions?! This, clearly, is some problem with the program. I hope someone with Microsoft reads these newsgroups, so they can do something about this bug. Rod Repeatable? (Not here, for what it's worth.) Current video card driver? If current, then less current but well tested? Microsof...