Section Break Creating Blank Page

I have a 2 page template set up to make the cover page margines and
header/footer different then the rest of the document.  When I insert a Cover
Page Building Block that takes up the full page, a new page appears with the
margines from the CoverPage section with nothing but the Section Break (Next
Page) displayed.  How can I keep the Section Break on the First Page and
keeping the document to only 2 pages?

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 19:13:01 -0800, ZMAN11
<ZMAN11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a 2 page template set up to make the cover page margines and
>header/footer different then the rest of the document.  When I insert a Cover
>Page Building Block that takes up the full page, a new page appears with the
>margines from the CoverPage section with nothing but the Section Break (Next
>Page) displayed.  How can I keep the Section Break on the First Page and
>keeping the document to only 2 pages?

When you insert a cover page, it includes a page break automatically.
You'll have to remove that to get rid of the extra page.

Turn on nonprinting characters by clicking the � button on the Home
ribbon. At the bottom of the cover page you'll see

   ------- Page Break ---------�

Click to the left of the page break and press the Delete key. Click
the � button again to turn off the nonprinting characters.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

POP Blank PO Form
I am trying to get 4 decimal places to print on the above form for the Unit price, I can only get it to print 2, does anyone have any suggestions? The items are set for 4 decimal places. thanks -- Doug Doug, The field name for Unit Price is a calcaulted field based on conditions. One way to display four decimals points is to create a new calculated field of currency type and set the format to something like DLR1_4 which prints four decimal places. If you want to include a $ sign using this format then you need to check the box to display it. Check out some of the other formats avai...

Invalid stored procedure error while trying to create a store in H
Hello, I have a store installation which includes headquarters. I was creating a store and I get an error with the message 'Invalid Stored Procedure'. I had already created 1 store and had no problems. Has anybody seen this problem? Any work around? ...

Move page between publisher
I have two Publisher files and need to move one page from one file and insert into another file. Cannot not find the answer in help. Open the files in separate instances of Publisher. Group the objects on the page you want to move, lock them together, click and copy the entire group, then paste it into the other Pub file. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "ss0806" <ss0806@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AE6131E-8165-4E56-8B30-56E5B06EB9E0@microsoft.com... > I have two Publisher files and need to move one page from o...

can't view page in browser
site is www.bridgeoflife.us I can see the site with firefox but can't see anything with IE8 everything was working fine until a few hours ago. any suggestions -- steve The page will only display in IE if the user has Publisher 2003 installed. I have Publisher 2007, so cannot see the page. Firefox, Opera, Safari etc ignore IE specific conditional comments, so are not affected. Do NOT use Publisher (or any other Office program other than FrontPage) to build websites - this ALWAYS leads to problems. In your page, look for <![if pub11]> and <![endif]&g...

No creating or forwarding email!!
Every time I try to forward a message or create an new email Outlook freezes (Office XP w/ SP2)If I try to open an attached office doc the same thing happens. Outlook is trying call on different components of office and fails each time. What gives? A corrupt dll? A Detect and Repair would be the first I would try (from the Help Menu) you will need an install media/point "DaveP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1378301c3f7f3$008cd8d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Every time I try to forward a message or create an new > email Outlook freezes (Office ...

How do I create a horizontal document in publisher?
I want to create a 6" high X 11" wide document in Publisher and do not know how. Anyone have the answer? Start a new document and set your page up with those dimensions. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "chirostv55" <chirostv55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F04A96EC-5593-4781-AA3F-D63D0B5DE02E@microsoft.com... >I want to create a 6" high X 11" wide document in Publisher and do not know > how. Anyone have the answer? What version Publisher? If you ar...

How to make the variable created in foreach local?
So if we run: $arr = 1,2,3,4 foreach ($a in $arr) { $a } $a will retain it's last assigned value, in this case 4, in the global scope. How can one make the variable created by the foreach statement local to the foreach loop as it is treated in C#? -- v(^_^)~Clint http://outputredirection.blogspot.com Try: $arr = 1,2,3,4 & {foreach ($a in $arr) { $a }} - Larry On 3/31/2010 12:31 PM, Clint wrote: > So if we run: > > $arr = 1,2,3,4 > foreach ($a in $arr) { $a } > > $a will retain it's last assigned value, in this case 4, in...

how to create escalation form
How do I create escalation form. Abe wrote: > How do I create escalation form. Since you're the only one here who knows what you're escalating, to whom, in what way and for what reason, you are the only one who can tell what the form should look like. In general, you should create a Word template: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm If the form needs to have text that doesn't change, and places to enter text that does change, then you should create it as a form template: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms.h...

Bad (blank) messages stopping Outlook
We are running Exchange 2003, and clients are accessing via Outlook and POP3. Occasionally, completely empty messages (no sender, no message, no body) will appear in mailboxes, and Outlook will choke. We must then go into OWA, which clearly shows the message to be completely empty, and delete the message before Outlook can receive again. Has anyone encountered this problem before? Is there a fix/work-around? The message Outlook produces at that point is as follows: ---------- Task '(email account name) - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was...

create pivot table formula without the GETPIVOTDATA function
Previous to Excel 2003 I could use a pivot table result in a formula and copy that formula as a relative reference. In Excel 2003 a GETPIVOTDATA fromula is created and uses an absolute reference. Is there a way in Excel 2003 to either make it arelative reference (without editing the formula) or revert to the method used in all prior releases? There are instructions here for adding the Generate GetPivotData button to a toolbar, and toggling the feature on and off: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html ebergkes wrote: > Previous to Excel 2003 I could use a pivot table resu...

Creating User IDs in GP 10
Hi all, Can a user other than sa create user ids if he/she has been assigned the specific security task? I have created a user id and a Security Role specifically to create user ids. I have assigned the Task : ADMIN_SYSTEM_001* But this Security Admin user id I created is still not able to create other users. The 'Save' button is disabled. If only 'sa' can create users, what is the point of having that Security Task? Thanks in advance. Saras Saras, I'm pretty sure you have to be logged in as "sa" in order to setup users. The "sa&qu...

Printing from a Master page
I am trying to print a document and the text area is overprinted in black. Anyone know how to correct that? Might think about a printer driver update. Is this only happening on one publication? What version Publisher? Not sure I understand what is happening. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "sherlynn" <sherLynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6169A241-2AE6-4DD7-A932-E5432A55C777@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print a document and the text area is overprinted in black. > Anyone...

Auto Create Accounts to imported Contacts
I must import about 4500 contacts and I don't want to manually create all the accounts. Is there a way to auto create the accounts and associate it to the contacts? I can manually generate a Excel file with the name of the Account, and the address, but which is the best way to import it to CRM and then, associate the contacts to this accounts (without matching one by one) Thanks in advance -- Carlos Well, you can use the Data Migration Framework which can create both or you can write your own SDK-based code to do this. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ------------------------------...

Excel macros page breaks but not on row 1 and column value in footer
Hi, I have seen some posts that are similar, but no one seems to have the problem that I am having. I will post my macro in this, for anyone that is interested. My users get a csv file every month, and we have to clean it up. This macro does that. My last issues are this: 1) having the spreadsheet create page breaks whenever the value in column B changes. Below is just that code. Code: col = 2 LastRw = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count For X = 2 To LastRw If Cells(X, col) <> Cells(X - 1, col) And Cells(X, col) <> Range("B1") Then ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.HPageBreaks...

Delete blank worksheets
Hi All, I searched to find a VBA code to detect blank worksheets and delete them, I find one with green tick mark , but It dosen't work in my macro: sub delwrksheet() Dim sh As Worksheet Application.DisplayAlerts = False For Each sh In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets If ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Count > 1 Then If IsEmpty(ActiveSheet.UsedRange) Then sh.Delete End If End If Next sh Application.DisplayAlerts = True end sub Thanks in advance Bijan Hi You are looking at the same sheet each time (Activesheet) Try changing the...

creating accounts starting before Jan 1
Is it possible to create a loan (mortgae in my case) account and have the opening date be older than Jan 1 of this year? Please help! Set the clock back on the PC? (Personally, I think this is a really dumb limitation. But I didn't design the thing.) "Jay Behr" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:245de01c45fbd$264a07a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to create a loan (mortgae in my case) > account and have the opening date be older than Jan 1 of > this year? > > Please help! ...

Customer email address on SOP Blank Order Form
I want to be able to print the customer's email address on this form but can't seem to find in report writer the table(s) that I need to set up for the relationships. My master table is the Sales Document Header Template Help Please Doug - The table you are looking for is RM Customer MSTR(RM00101 actual table name) and the column you need is "credit card number"(crcrdnum actual column name). Hope that helps. "Doug" wrote: > I want to be able to print the customer's email address on this form > but can't seem to find in report writer the table(s)...

deleting pages in publisher 2002
When deleting p.5 (or any page) of my 19 page document, last page deletes instead! What's happening here? How can I delete my page? I'm using "edit" delete page. Also, I am not in Master Page mode. K. On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:39:35 +0000, KLeDrew wrote (in article <CA87F080-CAF5-4A38-956C-FDF8896CA92A@microsoft.com>): > When deleting p.5 (or any page) of my 19 page document, last page deletes > instead! What's happening here? How can I delete my page? I'm using "edit" > delete page. Also, I am not in Master Page mode. > > ...

in what order should i place multiple brochure pages?
i am wondering in what order should i lay out my pages in my brochure so it will print correctly . . . I would use one of the brochure templates, create, print it out and edit to my liking. -- Don Vancouver, USA "critic" <critic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB2EA24A-EC9F-44EB-AB02-209FF66A1F77@microsoft.com... >i am wondering in what order should i lay out my pages in my brochure so it > will print correctly . . . ...

Publisher should allow the deletion of multiple pages
I wish publisher would allow for the deletion of muliple pages much like the options available when printing pages. lejianzhong <lejianzhong@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I wish publisher would allow for the deletion of muliple pages much > like the options available when printing pages. Suggestion: Try here: How to Contact the Microsoft Wish Program http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q114491 -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Creating Forms
I want to create a form on my website but do not know which program to use. Should using html be adequate for the purpose? On 26 Mar 2007 10:16:47 -0700, stromo wrote: > I want to create a form on my website but do not know which program to > use. Should using html be adequate for the purpose? You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for whatever Office program you are using. I would suggest you include your Windows and Office version number in the message...

creating a template that cant be edited?
Hi people, I am having trouble putting our logo and address behind the body of the letter. It works fine if i insert them into headers and footers but the problem is the turn into water marks when i go back to page view. I dont ant them as watermarks. Any ideas?? They only look like watermarks--all text in headers/footers is faded out in page view, and there's nothing you can do about it. They will print out fine. On 10/7/04 4:07 AM, "sublimesoul" wrote: > Hi people, > > I am having trouble putting our logo and address behind the body of the > letter. &...

Problem with CSocket.Create() on windows 2003
Hii i'm creating a CSocket object and calling its Create Method in a DLL and call this dll from an asp page..but i get an exception on Create(). This only happens with Windows 2003. the code is working fine with windows 2000 server. Also when i created a simple MFC dialog based application (exe) and called .Create() for it there..it worked fine even on 2003. Can someone please tell me if there is any issue with the CSockets in windows 2003 calling in a dll and how can it be resolved. I've also tried using CAsyncSocket but the problem persists. Any help is appreciable. Thanx and regard...

How do I have a long excel spreadsheet on multiple pages?
I am trying to insert an excel spreadsheet into Publisher 2007 that is longer than a single page. How do I make the spreadsheet bleed into the next page? Is this possible? I know that it is possible to do in text boxes, by linking, but how do you do it for excel spreadsheets? Tables do not bleed from one page to the next in Publisher, might do your project in Word. Are you inserting the spreadsheet as an object? If this is the case, copy your spreadsheet. Position the spreadsheet, crop up until it fits your space. Next page, paste/crop down to where you left off on the firs...

how to create referential integrity between two tables in diff dat
How can we create referential integrity relationship between tables in different databases. I have databasea db1 and db2. In db1->TableA,db2-->TableB TableA-->EmpID,EmpName TableB-->EmpID,DeptNo. How to create integrity relationship between Empid of two tables in diff databases. Hi Ajay You cannot create DRI between databases, I mean create PK/FK... However , you can simple join the tables between databases like SELECT <columns> FROM db1.tb1 T1 JOIN db2.tb1 T2 ON T1.col=T2.col WHERE.... "Ajay" <Ajay@discussions.microsoft.com> w...