Programming Word

I have programmed Excel and developed userforms. I can not figure out even
after hours of reading through forums how to program a user form in word with
listbox and combo boxes. I can not figure out sourcerow and controlsource
sttings in the properties table.

If have copied code for the DAO and C:|Test with no luck

Is there a place where users upload examples of forms they produced?

Any help would be fantastic.

Hi,

Here are some sources that should get you more than started making user
forms in Word.

Microsoft does provide some help for creating forms. For instructions on
creating forms in Word 2007, see
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HA100307461033.aspx. For instructions
on creating forms in Word 2003, see
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP052302701033.aspx.

 Also read Create and Employ a UserForm
(http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and_employ_a_UserForm.htm) by Greg Maxey
and How to Create a Userform
(http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm) by Doug Robbins.

For the series of step-by-step tutorials by Dian Chapman on creating forms,
templates for forms, and dialog boxes for forms, follow these links.

Please Fill Out This Form, Part 1
(http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22).
Please Fill Out This Form, Part 2
(http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=46).
Please Fill Out This Form, Part 3
(http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=119).
Please Fill Out This Form, Part 4
(http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=127).
Please Fill Out This Form, Part 5
(http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=136).

For more information about creating dialog boxes containing list boxes that
are displayed by a template, see Populate UserForm ListBox
(http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Populate_UserForm_ListBox.htm) by Greg Maxey.

User forms are typically protected (locked) so that users can add
information or modify the form in places where you want them to add
information or modify the form, but cannot modify other parts of the
document. User forms must be protected to allow users to modify FORMTEXT,
FORMCHECKBOX, and FORMDROPDOWN fields. Macros associated with these and other
form fields are activated only when the user form is protected.

Data entered by a user in one place in a form can be made to appear or used
in calculations in other places in the form. Similarly, the results of
calculations based on such data can be made to appear anywhere in the form.
For more information on how to do this, see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm by Greg Maxey

--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz

"ed.ayers315" wrote:

> I have programmed Excel and developed userforms. I can not figure out even
> after hours of reading through forums how to program a user form in word with
> listbox and combo boxes. I can not figure out sourcerow and controlsource
> sttings in the properties table.
>
> If have copied code for the DAO and C:|Test with no luck
>
> Is there a place where users upload examples of forms they produced?
>
> Any help would be fantastic.

A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf...
I'm using Outlook 2002 and a UK Accounts package called Sage. This package allows me to send invoices via email. Everytime I send an email I have to wait 5 seconds before I can click YES, and if I have a lot of invoices to send, this does take quite some time. Is there a way to "override" this setting so that it sends them automatically without asking me? I know the security reasons why this feature is there, its just a hinderance thats all. I do have uptodate virus checking on my emails that will hopefully catch worm viruses trying to send without my knowledge. Anyway, I h...

cannot open/launch Money 2004 program
I am trying first-time use of the Trial download of Microsoft Money 2004 that came already loaded on my new computer. After entering all my account information and clicking "finish", I got the message that it encountered a problem and will now shut down. Now every time I launch the program, I get the same message and cannot open the program at all. Please help. I am having the same problem with both my original version of Money 2003 and the newly downloaded Money 2004. "mickiking@yahoo.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1823e01c44a...

How do i search a spreadsheet without a full word?
Ok i couldn't think how to word that in to a question very well (it early and i need a smoke).. Say i column 1 has several names, i wanna find the name of someon called.. erm i dunno.. 'Dave'.. my search feature i have present mean i have to type 'Dave' to find 'Dave', but what about 'David'? I jus wanna beable to type 'Dav' and find all the 'daves' and 'davids'. tryed recording a macro of myself doing the good ol' excel searc (ctrl+f). Now that worked a charm.. except when it doesn't fin anything and i get the error "O...

Weed out words...part 2
In Excel I am using data/filter/autofilter to filter my long list o words, one per row...trouble is in my Excel the columns are only 60,00 rows deep, and my word list is 1,500,000, This means I have to break m list into 26 seperate lists. This makes filtering ver laborious....Filtering works on only one column at a time, so I can' put many columns on one sheet....Any ideas please -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi I wouldn't use Excel for this. You may consider using for example a database (e.g. MS Access) for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "s...

excel vs word
i am applying for a job that desires excel knowledge, yet i have microsoft word on my computer. do you think i would know enough about the programs to qualify for the job? what is the difference in excel and word? thanks "dee" wrote > i am applying for a job that desires excel knowledge, yet > i have microsoft word on my computer. do you think i > would know enough about the programs to qualify for the > job? what is the difference in excel and word? thanks No. That's like trying to compare the skills needed to operate dragster and an 18-wheeler. Two com...

Windows XP Start, Program menu question
Am running Windows XP with the Start menu set to classic setting. Problem is that when I click on Start, Programs only the catagories that I have used lately come up such as Accessories - Games - etc. They all used to come up which is what I want it to be. How do I get Programs under Start, Programs to show again when I move the mouse over them and not just the ones I used lately?? They all used to show until the setting got switched somehow. TIA On Jan 28, 7:43=A0pm, kraut <NewsGroupsPle...@NewsGroupsPlease.org> wrote: > Am running Windows XP with the Start ...

Can't set Word as email editor in Outlook 2003
I'm recovering from a system crash and am having trouble getting Outlook 2003 working correctly again. I want to use Word 2003 as my email editor, but when I go to: Tools, Options, Mail Format the boxes for "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages" and "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to resd Rich Text e-mail messages" are grayed out. I did a complete Windows Professional reinstallation and added all SPs and patches.Windows Update says I am 100% up to date. I did the same thing with Microsoft Office Professional 2003, everything is current. I used to...

Word 2008: fonts gone missing (Help!)
Hi everyone, I've just installed Office 2008. After launching Word I noticed that some of my fonts are missing in Word. I checked the fonts in my library (with Fontbook) and they were all there. Also in other apps, the fonts are still selectable. So it seems that all my fonts are still on my mac, but Word just doesn't show all of them in the drop down menu. Now the weird part: When I type in the name of one of these 'missing' fonts in the drop down menu, Word does find it and even lets me use it. Does any of you have an idea of how I can convince Word to show all fonts ...

Medical symbols to use with Word 2003?
Is there somewhere I can find Medical Symbols that I can download that will be compatible with Word 2003? Medical symbols (such as the caduceus?) or medical acronyms? For acronyms you could use AutoText. For the symbols, how about a clip art search? I think you can save the clip art in AutoText as well. -- Alice. "Lindas" wrote: > Is there somewhere I can find Medical Symbols that I can download that will > be compatible with Word 2003? In news:DEFC3AE3-A5AD-4AFB-9C89-1E6A7A635D59@microsoft.com, Lindas <Lindas@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: ...

Which is better: Word or Outlook to send email? Read on...
There seems to be a difference in image quality when I get emails that were sent directly from Word as opposed to using Outlook to do an "Insert" "Picture". I've heard that Word changes the format of .jpg and .gif images once they are inserted in Word, and that is the reason. Anyone have any ideas on this? Is it generally just better to stick with Outlook when you want to send an HTML email instead of using Word. thx! Scotty I don't know about either method *looking* better or not. I do know that I see far more problems with email regarding using Word ...

how can I import excel data to word document
I need to import a file from excel spreadsheet to word format kindy advice me on this thanks and regards powersree Copy and paste, copy and paste special as picture, open a copy of the file in word, post the question in a word newsgroup? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "powersree" <powersree@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:357CA013-6D63-4EF7-9C3A-FE991C550AC7@microsoft.com... > I need to import a file from excel spreadsheet to word format kindy advice > me on this > > thanks and regards > > powersree ...

Show only required data and transfer to MS Word
I have a spreadsheet that shows some materials we use in our company The first column shows a description of the material, the second colum shows the catalogue number of the material and the third column is lef open for the user to enter in the required quantity. I have attached to the spreadsheet a command button but I need som help with the VB coding. What I'd like to do is have the user enter th required quantities in the 3rd column and then click on this comman button which would then only show the rows that have had quantitie entered. If I could get this done it would be sufficient...

Adding a chart to a Word template linked to an Excel doc.
Hi. I have a template in Word that I run a report on from an excel spreadsheet using mail merge. I need to add a chart to view a 12-week progress on the template, but I can't seem to make this work. When I enter a chart, it does not let me link to my spreadsheet. Even if I enter the excel chart, it does not let me link to my spreadsheet. I have 130 records to update, so I would think the mail merge is what I want to be using. Help!! Thanks, Bobbie ...

One Note has stopped working after opening the program
I have had OneNote installed on my laptop for about two years and all of the sudden about 6 months ago...it started giving One Note has stopped working right after I opened the program. I have done the diagnostic and they say there are no errors. Do you think there is another program that is interferring with it. I even tried the reinstall repair program and am still having the problem. Cornfused in Iowa wrote: > I have had OneNote installed on my laptop for about two years and all > of the sudden about 6 months ago...it started giving One Note has > stopped working ...

Link a form field in a Word document to populate an excel spreads
i'm trying to populate a cell in an excel spreadsheet with a form field in a word document. is this possible? ...

HELP! Procedure or Program suggestion for finding multiple - the last 4 occurances
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C67D09.E7F4DE00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I need help in finding a procedure or program suggestion for finding = multiple - the last 4 occurances - of recurring appointments in Outlook. The standard "find" seems to have a bug in that it will not find all = occurances of recurring appointments, it will not find the last series = of a recurring appointments -i.e. the last months worth that has already = occured - and in general returns ...

Maximum word length 03-30-10
What is the maximum number of words I can have in a MS Word document (2007)? Does the Word function suffer when its size rises above a certain word length? If so, what is the limit under which I can use the Word without a problem associated with the size? Thanks. Supposedly you can have 32 Mb of text (not graphics etc.) in one file. You can't even _count_ how many words that would be! On Mar 30, 3:45=A0pm, Clarendon <Claren...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What is the maximum number of words I can have in a MS Word document (200= 7)? > Does the Wo...

2004 Spelling tool does not add words to custom dictionary
Office 2004's spelling tool has stopped adding words to the custom dictionary. The "Add" button is grayed out. Otherwise, the spelling tool and my custom dictionary work fine in the several programs of Office 2004. Your counsel, please? Respectfully, Norm Problem solved. The alias to my custom dictionary apparently became corrupted or broken when I ran a cache cleaner. A new alias fixed it. Norm On 2/16/05 12:00 PM, in article BE38E664.9777%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote: > Offi...

Logical tests between Word form text fields
I have a Drop-Down form field with "Yes" and "No". I want to place the value 4 in a Text form field in the same document if the user selects "Yes" in the Drop-Down field. I set the Text form field to type "Calculation" but can not figure out the formula to use that doesn't return a Syntax error or "Undefined Bookmark, Yes". While I have Word 2007, I need to create this form for users with 2003 and so am using Legacy form fields. Hi jstern, Instead of using a calculation formfield, I'd suggest an ordinary formula field,...

how to copy word document to excel
When I copy a Word document to a new Excel sheet, it adds rows between each line of the Word doc. Any ideas how to make this stop? Thanks! What are you pasting, exactly? Obviously, tabular data or actual tables would be suitable for Excel, while text paragraphs are more difficult to deal with. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "LM" <LM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45AAC4E4-29F1-40E2-BE30-C572B57E29A0@microsoft.com... > When I copy a Word document to a new Excel sheet, it adds rows between > each > line of the Word ...

Word 2007
Word 2007 - Autotext in Quick Access Toolbar Once you add autotext to the quick access tool bar, is there a way to have it just show the titles, instead of the large block showing you a preview of the content. If you have over 100 entries, it gets very time consuming going thru the list. Client would just like to see the titles. Any ideas Thanks Nadine On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:03:01 -0800, Nadine <Nadine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Word 2007 - Autotext in Quick Access Toolbar > >Once you add autotext to the quick access tool bar, is there a way to ha...

My first thread... program-wise that is
I just attempted to do my first worker thread in a program I wrote a couple of weeks ago. Everything looks fine except the compiler complains when I try to pass it the address of the function to be run under the thread. The message I get is AfxBeginThread' : none of the 2 overloads can convert parameter 1 from type 'unsigned int (void *)' Here's the code I was using CWinThread *eSafeThread = AfxBeginThread (ProcesseSafe, NULL); It's been a while since I've used pointers to functions but I thought the name of the function represented the address of the function, mu...

Populate drop down with text from bookmarks in Word VBA
I'm trying to create a macro to be used 'on exit' from a drop down where the user selects their work scheme, and the drop down for the employees is populated from bookmarked text entries depending on what scheme they selct. The text is just that, text which has been bookmarked. 'namedd' is the drop down to be populated, 'callsigndd' is the drop down where they first select their work scheme; the bookmarks Camberwell1 through to Camberwell16 are the bookmarks from which I want the entries in the 'namedd' to be populated. It doesn't work though and gives a...

Amount in words #2
Hi, I need to convert Purchase Order Document total amount to be converted in Words. Document total amount is already a calculated field, so what function need to be adopt??? Please explain step by step. Regards, Sheikh Asif Try using the Report Writer User Defined function below. It can be accessed from a Calculated field by adding a User Defined function from the System series. RW_ConvertToWordsAndNumbers() The parameters are as follows: in currency IN_Value; { Value of Currency } in string IN_Currency; { Currency ID of Currency - Leave Blank for Functional } in integer IN_Mode;...

simulate Start > Programs > Sort alphabetically
What would be the most reliable way to do a one time alphabetical sort of the program files (XP), simulating clicking Start, holding the mouse over Programs, moving the mouse over the exposed program menu, right clicking, then clicking on 'Sort by Name' in the context menu? ...