Preparation of legal forms as templates

I have been a Word Perfect user for years but am now converting to Word.  In
Word Perfect if I wanted to create a form to be used over and over again  I
simply created a "new project" and inserted the variable fields into the form
and then when I opened a project filled in the variable information and I had
a completed form for use with deeds, wills, etc.  I have researched
extensively online and within the Word program itself but can't seem to
locate a similar feature in Word other than Mail Merge which could do the job
but really doesn't fit.  Can anyone help me?

Most probably a userform is what you will want to use, (however the Content
Controls that are available in later versions of Word might also be
suitable.

See the following pages of Greg Maxey's website:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and_employ_a_UserForm.htm

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Populate_UserForm_ListBox.htm

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

Greg also has several pages on the use of Content Controls (which I have not
had occasion to use)

You might also be interested in the last of the following series of
articles:

Please Fill Out This Form
Part 1: Create professional looking forms in Word
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22

Part 2: Adding Automation to your Word forms.
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=46

Part 3: Learn more VBA (macros) to automate your forms.
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=119

Part 4: Use custom dialog boxes in your Word forms
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=127

Part 5: Connect your AutoForm to a database to save input time and keep
better records!
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=136

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"judykayand" <judykayand@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have been a Word Perfect user for years but am now converting to Word.
> In
> Word Perfect if I wanted to create a form to be used over and over again
> simply created a "new project" and inserted the variable fields into the
> form
> and then when I opened a project filled in the variable information and I
> had
> a completed form for use with deeds, wills, etc.  I have researched
> extensively online and within the Word program itself but can't seem to
> locate a similar feature in Word other than Mail Merge which could do the
> job
> but really doesn't fit.  Can anyone help me?

0
Doug

Use Form to prompt for report criteria

Template refererences
Hi, I have a large number of Word documents that take a very long time to open. Whenever I apply the command: ActiveDocument.RemoveDocumentInformation (wdRDITemplate) then save the document it seems to fix the problem. Removing the template reference doesn't seem to change the documents at all so I wonder if I set up a macro to simply remove the template reference from every Word Document, could it cause me any problems? Thanks for any help Fred ...

Form Creation To Track Investments
Hi all, Firstly, can I say I have been through the forum looking for an answe and have came up with nothing but VBA solutions. For someone wit absolutely no VBA experience, this is daunting!! I'm attempting to create a workbook which will contain 9 worksheets o separate investment portfolios, from which I will use excel to analys the data. However, my problem lies in getting the data in there in th first place. Ideally I would like another worksheet to contain nothing but a for which would allow me to choose the portfolio, the investment, date o valuation and value. Data from this form w...

how do I change the table from which a form obtains data
I have a form that I have set up, but I would like to re-create it several times and change the table that each copy gets data from. EG Table 1 feeds Form A. I want to copy this form to create form B but it currently gets data from table 1, so I need to change it so that it now gets data from table 2. That's probably clear as mud but hopefully someone can help me! thanks Jo, If all the tables have exactly the same fields, you just need to change the Form's RecordSource. Copy the form to another name, and change the RecordSource table, or more usually, a query against the...

Create an Access db template from an existing db (incl all objcts)
The creator of an Access db made a copy but we want to create a template of this database so that that objects (forms etc.) can be reused without having to dupelicate the contents of the database. How do I create a template from an existing database? -Create a blank db -File>GetExternalData>Import -Select all the objects (Forms, Reports, Modules, Queries, Tables, etc.) that you want to import -Options: Import Tables>Definition Only - Use the additional settings under Options as you wish I would make sure "Auto Correct" is off before you do the Import, and I'd prob...

Forms dating
I have a form setup for entry of a accounts payable voucher. The form is created off of a table and seems to work fine in creating the records, along with the find and duplicate command buttons I have created to decrease the data entry. So I am stuck on 2 things to finish this up. I need the voucher date field to update with today's date, it will on a fresh entry but not if I utilize the duplicate function. Is there a way to accomplish this? ...

SOP lookup form
Hi, GP version 9.0. In SOP lookup for document and customer ID form, by default will display all the documents and customers, but now we want to query and display the documents or customers where current login user are incharge for that customers only. The incharge person will store in database when new customer is entered. So any idea on how to query the lookup form? Thanks in advance. Regards, Chee SL. Chee, This has to be customized; you have the following customization options: 1. The simplest one will “Filter” the data not “Restrict” the access if that will be enough, that by c...

Populating a form..
Hello, I am VERY new at access so please be gentle. I am trying to populate a form with table data that is linked to a selected item presented in a list box. Each of the items in the list box have data stored in a table. I am looking for maybe some VB that when that item is highlighted and a button at the bottom is pushed, it opens another form and the table data is displayed. To complicate things, the form I want to open up have a subform as well. PLEASE help! Thanks! On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 02:25:58 GMT, "thewabit" <u57141@uwe> wrote: >Hello, > >...

User form #2
Hi All: Would it be better to use code with a msg box to enter data into a range of cells or would a UserForm be better? Is it possible to use a UserForm to place data in only a range of cells? If that can be done can it place the data in the selected cell within that range? Mike Rogers You mean inputbox? If you have lots of data to retrieve all at once, a userform seems better to me. If it's just one per row, maybe inputbox would suffice. Debra Dalgleish has some getstarted notes at: http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html Mike Rogers wrote: > > Hi All: > > Woul...

Entering 1st Field on Form Without Highlighting
I am using Access 2000. I have a form that has a history by year of different fees. Each row on the form has the: -Year- - Fee Type- -Amount- When the form is opened the cursor goes to the top row -Year- field. The cursor blinks in that field and the contents of that field (2009) for example, is highlighted. This highlighting makes it difficuld to read. Is there any way to turn off the highlighting? It might be easier to start with the cursor at the end of the textbox. That was there is no highlighting. Tools >>> Options >>> Keyboard tab &...

Survey forms??
I'm not quite sure if this is the proper forum to post this but... I want to create a survey form in html format so respondents would just need to go online, fill out the survey and submit the results. I then need to collect the information so I can organzize the data and analyze them. I have all the questions I need to ask but I'm no good at converting them to html via Frontpage. Would anyone please point to me a good source of info into doing this? or better yet would anyone here know how to do it? Many thanks ...

Printing Labels from a form?
Greetings, Goal: I just want a form where the user can type in what needs to be printed on a label and click the print button to print it. For example: If the user needs to print a label that says: Monday, they type monday into a text box and click print and the label prints. Any ideas, I don't need the any of the information they are typing in saved, just need the user to be able to print custom labels when needed. Thanks in advance for your responses, they are appreciated:) -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:47:08 GMT, "...

Error with syntax using FORM.FILTER with Like and Or
This works correctly: Forms![Master Search].Form.Filter = "[GTPO] = Forms![Master Search]! Text63" FilterOn = True This doesn't work: Forms![Master Search].Form.Filter = "[GTPO] = Forms![Master Search]! Text63" Or "[Project Name] Like '*" & Forms![Master Search]!Text64 & "*'" FilterOn = True I get a Type Mismatch error when on this second section. ...

Unbound form for data entry on multiple front ends
I'm using an unbound form to input data into a record via VB code that runs once the last field on the form us updated. This code opens the table, writes the data to the appropriate fields, closes the table, then clears the form and moves the focus back to the top control of the form. My question is, when I split this database into front and back end sides and put the back end out on the server, will I run into issues with the VB code if by some happenstance two users happen to trigger said code at the same time? I designed this DB this way purposely to try to avoid those issues, an...

Is there Smartlist Builder Template for GL Account Transactions???
I know from Partner Source Smartlist Builder templates can be downloaded, but I do not see one for the "Account Transactions" smartlist in the Financial series. Does anyone know if a Smartlist Builder template is available for download? We need to modify the canned Account Transactions smartlist using Smartlist Builder. Having a template would be very helpful instead of starting everything from scratch. Thanks!!! GP, On Disc 2 of the install CDs, in the Tools>Dex>Doc>PDF folder, there=92s a file called IG.pdf, which is the Dexterity Integration Guide. There=92s a se...

Word: Need form's CommandButton to open another doc. HOW?
I'm making a form in Word. I am usually quite fluent...but can not figure out how to tell a CommandButton what to do. HELP!! Is this a command button from the Control Toolbox placed in the body of the document? (There are at least two or three other kinds of buttons in other places.) If so, while you're in Design Mode, double-click the button to open its code window, which will contain two lines of code. Fill in the middle line below, using the actual path and name of an existing document between the quote marks: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Documents.Open Fil...

How to Requery a form without losing the current record
Hello i have a main form which looks at all my records. another seperate form, not a subform, can create new records in my main data for the first form. the problem is that the main form doesnt update with the new records unless i requery it. when i do that the main form moves to the first record. i want it to stay on the record i was viewing last. how? On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 13:25:02 -0800, DawnTreader <DawnTreader@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello > >i have a main form which looks at all my records. another seperate form, not >a subform, can create new records i...

One bound form does NOT save record
ACCESS Front End SQl Server 2k Back End The application is a perfectly straightforward MS Access MDB file that is linked to a SQL Server database on a LAN. The application has been stable for six years. However, earlier this month the SQL Server box crashed, owing to another database growing too big for its boots. Since then SQL Server has been reinstalled and databases reattached. However, since then there is a really weird bug with the MS Access application. It's a Technical Publications Distribution system. There is one full- time user. It is his responsibility to add new docume...

Requery Form from Combo Box
I have a form with 2 combo boxes. Combo1 has values that restrict what Combo2 shows. Combo 2 will be used after Combo 1 and simply reads the value in combo1 When I open the form and select a value from combo1, combo2 works well. The problem is that the form they are on needs to be requeried. I have tried forms![MainFormName].refresh and that doesn't work. How do I get the main form to requery after combo1 is updated. Thanks. try: me.requery hth -- Maurice Ausum "Anthony Fontana" wrote: > I have a form with 2 combo boxes. Combo1 has val...

Form Calculations
Is it possible to have a calculation in a form field to add two numbers together and then dump in the table? ...

Custom Form Not Showing Up
Hello All. Background info: I work in a group of about 6 people and would like to use custom Outlook task requests to assign projects between the six people. We have created a general task folder that all of us have access to and where I would want my custom task request to be assigned from. Problem: When I assign the custom form task from the generic folder to one of the people, when they look at the task, the custom form is not used. What do I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated for this Newb! ...

printing to pre-printed forms
I would like to print MSCRM data out on both pre-printed forms and blank paper with specific formatting. Is Crystal a good, or the best, way to accomplish this or does anyone have better suggestions? Thanks, DH Yes, Crystal is not only very good but probably the best way to do it (you can try using mail merge, but its very limited). Worst case scenario, you write your own app..... -Gary "Dean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1457501c444e7$20362510$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to print MSCRM data out on both pre-printed > forms a...

data entry form #6
I have a template with drop down fields and other data validation. What I need now is when this form is used, to write the selections and other information inputed to a excel data list. How do I do this? -- Tess ...

Tracking changes to a form's fields---still searching for an answe
I have a table and module set up to track all changes made to a record on my form. I am using the following code for the module: Option Compare Database Function LogChanges(lngID As Long, Optional strField As String = "") Dim dbs As DAO.Database Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Dim varOld As Variant Dim varNew As Variant Dim strFormName As String Dim strControlName As String varOld = Screen.ActiveControl.OldValue varNew = Screen.ActiveControl.Value strFormName = Screen.ActiveForm.Name strControlName = Screen.ActiveControl.Name ...

Drop downs in Data Form
Hi there, I have been using the form option in the data menu to input info like a database. One of my columns is uses validation with a dropdown menu. Is there anyway to have that dropdown show up when inputting in forms? -- Gator9 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Gator9's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28752 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=484386 You could try John Walkenbach's Enhanced Data Form. It's a free add-in that allows combo boxes, so it could disp...