Populating the last Sun. date of that week in a cell

Thanks in advance.
I'm using Word 2003 & I'd like to populate a cell of a table to fill in the
last Sunday-DATE of that week.  This is for a timesheet.doc where that date
needs to be filled in for our Payroll Dept.  Currently folks are having to go
to a calendar & look up in order to manually populate this field.   Many
thanks, MC

Thanks Graham, I recognize this as VBA, but don't know where/how to do this.
I think if you give me simple instructions I can navigate through it enough.

Also just to clarify, what I'm after is (w/ today being the 27th) I'd like
this cell to populate w/ the date "5/30/2010" (& if it were the 25th, it
would still populate w/ "5/30/2010")

Many thanks, MC

"Michaelcip" wrote:

> Thanks in advance.
> I'm using Word 2003 & I'd like to populate a cell of a table to fill in the
> last Sunday-DATE of that week.  This is for a timesheet.doc where that date
> needs to be filled in for our Payroll Dept.  Currently folks are having to go
> to a calendar & look up in order to manually populate this field.   Many
> thanks, MC
See the following page of Graham's website:

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Michaelcip" <Michaelcip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Graham, I recognize this as VBA, but don't know where/how to do
> this.
> I think if you give me simple instructions I can navigate through it
> enough.
>
> Also just to clarify, what I'm after is (w/ today being the 27th) I'd like
> this cell to populate w/ the date "5/30/2010" (& if it were the 25th, it
> would still populate w/ "5/30/2010")
>
> Many thanks, MC
>
> "Graham Mayor" wrote:
>
>> Something along the lines of
>>
>> Dim sDate As Date
>> Dim i As Long
>> sDate = InputBox("Date today", , Date)
>> i = WeekDay(sDate) - 1
>> Selection.TypeText sDate - i
>>
>> will type the date of the previous Sunday at the cursor.
>>
>> If you want to use today's date as the start point instead of the input
>> box
>> then use
>>
>> sDate = Date
>> in place of
>> sDate = InputBox("Date today", , Date)
>>
>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>

>> "Michaelcip" wrote:
>>
>> > Thanks in advance.
>> > I'm using Word 2003 & I'd like to populate a cell of a table to fill in
>> > the
>> > last Sunday-DATE of that week.  This is for a timesheet.doc where that
>> > date
>> > needs to be filled in for our Payroll Dept.  Currently folks are having
>> > to go
>> > to a calendar & look up in order to manually populate this field.
>> > Many
>> > thanks, MC

0
Doug
5/27/2010 9:07:08 PM
If you want NEXT Sunday then you will need to change the code to

Sub NextSunday()
Dim sDate As Date
Dim i As Long
sDate = Date
i = 8 - WeekDay(sDate)
Selection.TypeText sDate + i
End Sub

You will need to run the macro from a toolbar button or keyboard shortcut
see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Michaelcip" <Michaelcip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Graham, I recognize this as VBA, but don't know where/how to do
> this.
> I think if you give me simple instructions I can navigate through it
> enough.
>
> Also just to clarify, what I'm after is (w/ today being the 27th) I'd like
> this cell to populate w/ the date "5/30/2010" (& if it were the 25th, it
> would still populate w/ "5/30/2010")
>
> Many thanks, MC
>
> "Graham Mayor" wrote:
>
>> Something along the lines of
>>
>> Dim sDate As Date
>> Dim i As Long
>> sDate = InputBox("Date today", , Date)
>> i = WeekDay(sDate) - 1
>> Selection.TypeText sDate - i
>>
>> will type the date of the previous Sunday at the cursor.
>>
>> If you want to use today's date as the start point instead of the input
>> box
>> then use
>>
>> sDate = Date
>> in place of
>> sDate = InputBox("Date today", , Date)
>>
>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>

>> "Michaelcip" wrote:
>>
>> > Thanks in advance.
>> > I'm using Word 2003 & I'd like to populate a cell of a table to fill in
>> > the
>> > last Sunday-DATE of that week.  This is for a timesheet.doc where that
>> > date
>> > needs to be filled in for our Payroll Dept.  Currently folks are having
>> > to go
>> > to a calendar & look up in order to manually populate this field.
>> > Many
>> > thanks, MC

0
Graham
5/28/2010 5:56:45 AM
Will try this.  Thanks to both Doug & Graham for your imput.  Have a great
holiday weekend!  Michaelcip

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> If you want NEXT Sunday then you will need to change the code to
>
> Sub NextSunday()
> Dim sDate As Date
> Dim i As Long
> sDate = Date
> i = 8 - WeekDay(sDate)
> Selection.TypeText sDate + i
> End Sub
>
> You will need to run the macro from a toolbar button or keyboard shortcut
> see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "Michaelcip" <Michaelcip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Graham, I recognize this as VBA, but don't know where/how to do
> > this.
> > I think if you give me simple instructions I can navigate through it
> > enough.
> >
> > Also just to clarify, what I'm after is (w/ today being the 27th) I'd like
> > this cell to populate w/ the date "5/30/2010" (& if it were the 25th, it
> > would still populate w/ "5/30/2010")
> >
> > Many thanks, MC
> >
> > "Graham Mayor" wrote:
> >
> >> Something along the lines of
> >>
> >> Dim sDate As Date
> >> Dim i As Long
> >> sDate = InputBox("Date today", , Date)
> >> i = WeekDay(sDate) - 1
> >> Selection.TypeText sDate - i
> >>
> >> will type the date of the previous Sunday at the cursor.
> >>
> >> If you want to use today's date as the start point instead of the input
> >> box
> >> then use
> >>
> >> sDate = Date
> >> in place of
> >> sDate = InputBox("Date today", , Date)
> >>
> >> --
> >> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> >> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
> >>
> >> My web site www.gmayor.com
> >> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> >> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

> .

Hi Michaelcip,

To see how to do this and just about everything else you might want to do with dates in Word, check out my Microsoft Word Date
Calculation Tutorial, at:
http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=249902
or
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party
In particular, look at the item titled 'Calculate a Stepped Date'.  Do read the document's introductory material.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Michaelcip" <Michaelcip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB6CC016-C015-41A7-9D2B-CAA05BB1AB83@microsoft.com...
> Thanks in advance.
> I'm using Word 2003 & I'd like to populate a cell of a table to fill in the
> last Sunday-DATE of that week.  This is for a timesheet.doc where that date
> needs to be filled in for our Payroll Dept.  Currently folks are having to go
> to a calendar & look up in order to manually populate this field.   Many
> thanks, MC

0
macropod
5/30/2010 7:47:50 AM
Thank-you very, very much for your input "macropod" I will look @ this now.  MC

"macropod" wrote:

> Hi Michaelcip,
>
> To see how to do this and just about everything else you might want to do with dates in Word, check out my Microsoft Word Date
> Calculation Tutorial, at:
> http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=249902
> or
> http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party
> In particular, look at the item titled 'Calculate a Stepped Date'.  Do read the document's introductory material.
>
> --
> Cheers
> macropod
> [Microsoft MVP - Word]
>

> "Michaelcip" <Michaelcip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB6CC016-C015-41A7-9D2B-CAA05BB1AB83@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks in advance.
> > I'm using Word 2003 & I'd like to populate a cell of a table to fill in the
> > last Sunday-DATE of that week.  This is for a timesheet.doc where that date
> > needs to be filled in for our Payroll Dept.  Currently folks are having to go
> > to a calendar & look up in order to manually populate this field.   Many
> > thanks, MC
>
> .

Problem with xy scatter with dates
I am trying to create an x-y scatter chart where both the x values and the y values are dates. I highlight the 2 adjacent columns of date data and click on Insert>Scatter. Instead of a scatter graph, I get a line chart with 2 lines (the two data columns). The x values on the graph are simply a count of the data points as in a line chart. If the 2 columns of data are not dates, I get the correct scatter chart, but not if the x-values are dates in which case I get a line chart. How can I get a scatter chart with both x-values and y-values as dates? You could select just the Y val...

update the same cell into another column forming a list on opening
hi there, i have made a spreadsheet to enter data and then view the resulting statistics that are generated, i have one cell that changes in value after entering the data, and i would like to keep a record of what values this cell has been, i was after a formula that would update that single cell's value into a column forming a list each time the spreadsheet was opened or the value in the cell changed, like a field perhaps, this would fill up the column with a list of results from which to generate more stats and a graph etc. any help would be great, thank you -- thank...

Make Table Query
I have a Macro and at the end of the Macro I have a Make Table Query that I would like to automatically save as todays date in the current database. Does anybody have an idea on how I can do this? On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 11:40:24 -0700, dswiders@gmail.com wrote: >I have a Macro and at the end of the Macro I have a Make Table Query >that I would like to automatically save as todays date in the current >database. Does anybody have an idea on how I can do this? A date is just a field value. Saving today's date as a Table is almost certainly VERY bad design. Why do an expensive, awk...

Surpressing plot of blank cells
I'm creating a line chart plot using Excel 2007. The data range for plot lines contains some blank cells. These blank cells get plotted as zero points. How do I change this behavior to plot only points that have values and to leave the blank cells unplotted? I appreciate your help, -John Hi, If they are truly blank then check the plot empty cells setting via. Select Data > Hidden and Empty cells. If the Cells in fact contain formula then use NA() instead of "". This will suppress the data marker but will not break the line. Alternatively use Autofilter to hide un...

Populate cells with a unit price
For business purposes. I would like to put an item or model # in one cell and have the price for this particular item automatically populate the cell to it's right. because each sale could be different I want to the form to populate the unit price for any item that I input in a particular cell Hope this makes sense Thanks Hi Luka You need to take a look at the VLOOKUP function. You will find an easy explanation at Debra Dalgleish's site http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html -- Regards Roger Govier "luka" <luka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Changing cell values through form
Hi... I'm not that good with access so I decided to look for help here. I have a table filled with drivers. Starting number, Driver name, and Number of laps are the columns. My Idea is to make a form that will list all the drivers, and add a value of +1 into the "Number of laps" cell to that driver when double clicked. That would be a sort of Lap counter form... Every suggestion is welcome. -- ::: www.ktvj-online.com - Motocros Portal ::: ::: www.forum.ktvj-online.com - Forum ::: ...

Add Actual End Date to Resolved Cases view
Hi We would like to add the actual end date to the Case General Tab or possibly to the Resolved Cases and/or My Resolved Cases view. I know that the Actual End Date is available on the Service Activity and Case Resolution but this field is not available for the Case. Any workaround for this? Thanks Mark ...

Embedding Word table in Excel cell
Is there any way in which I can embed a small MS Word table in an Excel cell? Thanks. -- Larry Lester Copy / paste as a picture. Pictures can always be re-sized and re-positioned -- Gary's Student "Larry Lester" wrote: > Is there any way in which I can embed a small MS Word table in an Excel cell? > Thanks. > -- > Larry Lester Gary's reply works for pasting the table in as a graphic object _on_ an XL sheet, but you cannot paste a graphic into a cell as cell content. If you simply Paste to a cell, the corresponding number of cells will be filled with th...

Date Picker
Hello, Is there a DatePicker in Excel 2007 so I can pick a date when I focus on a cell? If not, where can I get one? Thanks, Miguel Look here: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "shapper" <mdmoura@gmail.com> wrote in message news:776296c8-83d8-467e-aefb-c31b24446bf7@b15g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > Is there a DatePicker in Excel 2007 so I can pick a date when I focus > on a cell? > > If not, where can I get one? > > Thanks, > Miguel ...

Dates are not displayed in ComboBox
I have a From ComboBox and a To ComboBox on a Form; cboFrom and cboTo. The Row Source is this: SELECT DISTINCT SharePrices.DateTime FROM SharePrices ORDER BY SharePrices.DateTime; The SQL is this: SELECT DISTINCT SharePrices.DateTime FROM SharePrices ORDER BY SharePrices.DateTime; Nothing is showing in either ComboBox; all I see is a whole bunch of blanks. I just did this in another form in another Access database. I can’t figure out why it’s not working for me now. I’m using Access 2007. I’d sincerely appreciate any insight with this. Thanks! Ryan -- Ryan--...

Year to date sales history of inventory
How can this system provide me with cumulative sales numbers of a particular item ie: How many total gym shorts did we sell in 12 months? Detailed Sales Report with a custom date range. In the body of the report look at the top line (Overall) that will give you the answer you seek my child. Now go caterpillar blossom into a butterfly. Rob "KatieH" wrote: > How can this system provide me with cumulative sales numbers of a particular > item ie: How many total gym shorts did we sell in 12 months? Musta got a new batch o glue, huh? (g) KatieH To pick up where Rob started...

Conditional formatting with dates formula problem.
Hello. I appreciate help on this topic. I'm very new to excel's conditional formatting capabilities and I need help on the following: I have a worksheet where I am using columns A and B to be fashioned into a type of "reverse" library checkout card; I want to flag when 120 days have passed since an item has been checked out. All cells are blank with the exception of the formatting applied to cells in column A. For example, Condition 1 on cell A1 has the formula: =IF(ISBLANK(B1),(A1-TODAY())<120) **I've also tried =IF(ISBLANK($B1),($A1-TODAY())<120) My objecti...

how to use TrackPopupMenu last parameter
Hi, I need to make a menu that does not disappear. (Odd, yes. I need to let users edit menu resources at runtime and would like to display the menus as how they would actually look.) So I'm looking at CMenu's TrackPopupMenu function, whose last parameter is LPCRECT lpRect. I figure if I set this rectangle to be (0, 0, screen width, screen height), then even if the user clicks elsewhere on the screen, the menu won't disappear, right? I tried the following code and the menu still disappears when I randomly click elsewhere in the application. What am I doing wrong? void CMenuVi...

Listbox not populating every time
I have a form that has two listboxes. Both listboxes are on frmAccount. LISTBOX 1: Show investments inside an account This listbox shows data from tblPositions (a linked csv txt file) In the SQL of the listbox, I set the criteria of AccountNumber field of the table to equal Forms!frmAccount!AccNumber. LISTBOX 2: Show transactions of an account This listbox shows account transactions from tblTransactions (a linked csv txt file) In the SQL of the listbox, I set the criteria of AccountNumber field of the table to equal Forms!frmAccount!AccNumber. The idea of my SQL was to limit so that it ...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Does anyone have and idea how to create the date of the last day of the previous month? Craig Hi Craig =Dateserial(year(date), month(date), 0) HTH. Best wishes Harald "Craig Brandt" <brandtcraig@att.net> wrote in message news:yvVxk.22131$89.8111@nlpi069.nbdc.sbc.com... > Does anyone have and idea how to create the date of the last day of the > previous month? > > Craig > > =TODAY()-DAY(TODAY()) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Craig Brandt" <brandtcraig@att.net> wrote in message news:yvVxk.22131$89.8111@nlpi069.nb...

Getting a total of hours & mins worked per week
I am trying to make a spreadsheet of the daily hours worked and a total of the weekly hours but i am not having any luck, at the moment I have the following H3 08:33, H4 08:01, H5 07:23, H6 08:15, H7 08:15, when i type =sum(h3:h7) i get 16:27 instead of 40:27 i would appreciate any advice thanks XL stores times as fractional days (e.g., 3:00 = 0.125). The default time display "rolls over" every 24 hours. To keep that from happening, use brackets in your format: Format/Cells/Number/Custom [h]:mm In article <F30BA8FA-A411-49D6-84D1-B91694BFD65A@microsoft.com>, &...

Need text in upper left corner of a cell
Hi Is it possible to have some text written in upper corner of a cell? I use Excel as a fill-in userform. I can justify the size of other columns, but it would be nice to write something into the cell, so the user understand what to fill inn. Any workarounds or other suggestions? Any help is appreciated. Gunnar Hi maybe you can use the comment functionality (goto 'Insert - Comment') to add some hints for the user -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Gunnar wrote: > Hi > > Is it possible to have some text written in upper corner > of a cell? > I use Excel a...

click on checkbox copy to active cell
Is there any way to click on a checkbox beside a row of information and copy that row of data to an active cell? Maybe. If your active cell is in column A, you can copy that whole row to the activecell's row. If you use a checkbox from the forms toolbar, you can add as many as you want to the worksheet. But assign each of them the same common macro: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim myCBX As CheckBox Dim myCopyObjectsWithCells As Boolean Set myCBX = ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes(Application.Caller) If myCBX.Value = xlOn Then If myCBX.TopLeftCell.Row = Ac...

Access autonumber field changes to date format when Excel imports
When importing Access data into Excel, the autonumber field in Access is chenged to date format instead of a general number format. I could run a macro to change the number format but this only happens on some Vista machines, not all. Any suggestions as to why this is happening? ...

how do I display cell contents when I am over 32, 767 characters?
Excel was not designed for this. Depending on your purpose, you should use Word or Access. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "usdrmd" <usdrmd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E30267BD-2CAF-4FC7-83A2-F9E79F7CFE06@microsoft.com... > ...

Can anyone suggest a good scheduling template for weekly shifts?
Am looking for help in scheduling two teams of five (5) persons....7am to 3pm, and 3pm to 11pm...Mon-Sat. (Sundays off). Furthermore...of the teams of five, the team covering 3pm to 11pm would give up one to cover 11pm to 3am... Major holidays off. (covered by On Call assignments) and minor holidays short staffing. Any suggestions? Am tired of doing it the "way we've always done it!" Thanks Hi, I have done something similiar (not very advanced) - you can take a look, maybe it will help you: http://blog.jausovec.net/index.php?op=ViewArticle&articleId=165&blogI...

Getting info from the last used cell
Currently I am adding many sheets together. I am using "Start Sheet" and "End Sheet" and everything in between those two sheets is adding for a total. I would (in a few cells) to just get the data from the last cell used. Example: The sheets I am adding are dates and if sheet 01-19-09 (dd-mm-yy) has the last entry in cell c18 I would like that number. However there may be blank cell before that sheet. and after that sheet there will be info in other cells. I would like that info to go into c18 of the sheet I use and named "Totals". -- Ed Davis ...

What date was a batch created
I'm in GP v8.0. I need to know what date a user created and/or saved a batch. I've looked all over and there doesn't seem to be any trail when a batch was created/saved short of turning on the User Tracking system. Please get back to me ASAP - sdanna@sfgmortgage.com First, as you probably know, this is not a forum for getting instant answers because it is not monitored officially. Second, SY00500 stores the batch history. It is in the company database. You will need to create a report based on this table. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Sandy D''Anna, GP Project Ma...

Excel Cell Data Limit
I am creating an ASP.NET page to dump data to an excel file. This works fine, but when I open the excel file I get an error that says 'the cell data is too large'. I heard from somebody that excel cells can hold up to 32,000 character, but can only display 1,024 characters in the formula bar. What restrictions does this impose on the data that cannot be displayed? If I do a keyword search, is that data still going to get searched? Thanks in advance, Ryan hil from excel help. Type specifications. 32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display in the formula...

conditional format a date in Excel
I am trying to use conditional formatting to show when a date is less than 30 days in the future. When I use "cell value" "is less than" "="Now()+30" all the dates change. I am trying to use conditional formatting to show when a date is les than 30 days in the future. When I use "cell value" "is less than" "="Now()+30 all the dates change. lose the quotes in the condition =Now()+30 Unless you mean between today and 30 days in the future in which cas =now() would be the first condition and =now()+30 would be the second Al...