Open web page from Word 2007

I have the following code to open a web page:
    Dim IE
    Set IE = CreateObject("internetexplorer.application")
    mySTR = "http://MyWebPage"
    IE.Navigate mySTR

The code works if I run it from vba - it opens the page on top of Word.  But
if I assign it to a QAT or Ribbon button, it opens the page but leaves it
minimized.

How can I get it to open on top of Word?

Web Page could not be found
Whenever I startup Outlook, I get a popup that says "Web page could not be found. blah blah" . I have to select OK for it to continue to get my messages. Why is it doing this? What can I do to not cause it to do this? Thanks, Tony Please provide the following information: 1) Version of Outlook 2) Email environment: Exchange, POP3, etc. 3) Does you have a PST? If so, what is the size? 4) Are there any error messages/numbers? 5) Have you checked the application event viewer for any Outlook or Office-related errors? If there are, what are the Event ID number(s) & sourc...

Can't open a form
I posted this in the Outlook boards and got no answer. I may have found the reason. If I open Outlook to the .pst file I can create an appointment. It is only when trying to connect to Exchange I have a problem. So I think this may be a server side issue. Another point. My laptop runs Outlook 2k. I just tried making an appointment in O2K, which I could do. So now I am not sure if it is server side or not. When trying to open an appointment form by any method I get the following message "The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your administrator." Yes it ...

Upgrade Path
I know there is an upgrade available for 2003 Standard to 2007 Professional with a retail price around $600. Can you also "upgrade" 2003 Standard licenses to just a 2007 CAL, and does anyone know the ballpark cost? The majority of my "standard" users won't need the desktop app once we switch to Server. -- PMP MCTS MS Project 2007 Terrie: I am not aware of any upgrade path from 2003 client to 2007 web CAL. In any event, the web CAL price is rather reasonable to begin with, and if you have any kind of discount with Microsoft, these are rather inexpe...

open 2003 db in 2007
i have a database created in a previous version of access and i have opened it in 2007. i want to export a report to excel, but the excel option is greyed out. what is wrong? xin wrote: >i have a database created in a previous version of access and i have opened >it in 2007. i want to export a report to excel, but the excel option is >greyed out. what is wrong? I think they removed that capability because it caused so much trouble or only worked in very specific circumstances. The solution to your problem is the same as it was in earlier versions: Export the report's rec...

Excel>Data>Import External Data>New Web query #2
Hi I am trying to use Excel 2003 to import data from http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quotes/default.asp?refresh=on&rand=8519 I use new web query on the above url. I select the data in the block under 'My Favourite Quotes' The wizard behaves as expected but only returns 1 line not the 3 that have been selected. Can someone please give me some pointers on how I can get the 3 lines. Thanks Bruce Try yahoo instead or go here and get my FREE excel file for quotes or history. Look for donaldb36 as author. xltraders@yahoogroups.com -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@...

Pasting chart worksheet as link 2007
A chart created in 2007 and sitting in it's own sheet (not included on the data worksheet) will not display entirely if pasted as link (neither into Word nor PPT) Some of the chart seems to be "cut off" in the linked object. This seems to be connected to how much of the "canvas" is visible in Excel. Viewing the chart in Excel on a zoom so that it fills the whole screen seems to remedy this. Is there some setting in Excel that would allow us to set the worksheet chart to automatically size to window? Or else: does anyone know a way of pasting a worksheet chart as ...

Used to Word Perfect, Do I need Pub?
Hi, I've been creating flyers in WP and wonder if I'd be better off in Publisher. I paste, size, position, border graphics. I write text and play with fonts. I need to be able to email my flyers to a computer illiterate group, who can barely download a file and don't have WP, can't download Reader for PDFs. Ideally, I need to send the flyers in Word, but trying to manipulate graphics in Word is miserable. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Mather <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>....

Page view vs. Print View
One of my co-workers has a workbook that has 1 page that is huge on the screen (2 screens wide) but prints normal - the problem I have is if I try to copy/paste the page in to a new workbook it formats out to about 8 pages. Any way to fix this? -- MsG Hi rather than copy / paste to a new book how about right mouse click on the sheet tab and choose move or copy - choose a new book from the drop down and ENSURE that you click create a copy then you'll have the same formatting as the original ... you might also need to check under file / page set up, if scaling or fit to page is tur...

Menu bar in word won't pull down
I have Office Mac 2001 and in every other program (excel, power point...) I am able topull down and use my menu bars, get a formatting pallette and have an office assistant EXCEPT in word. The only part of the menu bar that works is the font, which drops down automatically. The rest of the commands highlight put offer no function. HELP! In article <499101c376d2$d6685f80$a101280a@phx.gbl>, "Dawn S" <sunshine73dd@aol.com> wrote: > I have Office Mac 2001 and in every other program (excel, > power point...) I am able topull down and use my menu bars, > get a fo...

How Do I Install Macros In Word
I'm an experienced Word user, although I'm still running with Word from Office 2000 (about to upgrade to the latest Office version), Suddenly, some of my documents say that the document was written with the need for macros, which wasn't installed. I tried to do a repair installation of Word from Office 2000, but there was no option for including macros. How can I get this feature installed before I upgrade word. Thanks in advance. Hi Abradaxis, Office 2000 supports macros (vba) by default, so there's nothing you need to install to enable that capability. ...

Outlook Express not opening inbox error
When I open Outlook Express 6, it will not open the Inbox properly on 1 laptop. It says that there is not enough memory on the laptop, but there is 2 GB available on the hard drive. Also the Inbox is highlighted in gray and not blue like usual. He can go to another PC and see the email through Outlook Express without any problems. Any information would be useful. Thanks. Dave <davidw@wildbillsfoods.com> wrote: > When I open Outlook Express 6, it will not open the Inbox > properly on 1 laptop. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman Smiths A...

unable to open programs.
I am new to computers only having been on one for a year or so, I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop with a Vista Home premium os. The other day I was using a Revo Uinstaller to remove a Firefox program and while it was doing that I thought I would check out some stories on an MSNBC news feed I have in my gadgets sidebar. I was having some problems with it so I dropped the idea and waited for the uninstall to finish, after that I did some work on the computer but I went to the news feed later. I found when I tried to use it that when I clk on the story I get the pop up for the story bu...

Where to go for Word and Excel?
Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant to this newsgroup, but hoping someone can tell me something. TIA LAS On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:56:47 -0400, "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote: � Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the � news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these � and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant ...

sql service pack 3
Below is a statement from Microsoft. So i should upgrade to SP3 for the dpm 2007 using Express Edition ? ============================================== We would like to remind all customers that Service Pack Support for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (SP2) ended on January 12, 2010 and support for SQL Server 2008 RTM will end on April 13, 2010. Microsoft is ending support for these products as part of our Service Pack support policy, found in http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle. Both SQL Server 2005 SP2 and SQL Server 2008 RTM will no longer receive a...

file does not open
Whenever I select an excel spreadsheet from a folder or disk, excel launches but the file never opens. I have done detect and repair, reinstalled and this still continues to happen. How do I fix it? Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel 1. Close Excel first and 2. On the Windows Taskbar 2.1 Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2.2 Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. -- Regards Fra...

How to find a particular word?
Hello, everybody! I have a dictionary that I created in excel and that is becoming too large to find particular words. I have one problem with finding. I want to find, for example, 'vision,' but it finds all words containing 'vision,' i.e. division, divisional, visionary, provision, etc. What I need is that I want to find only the word 'vision' in order not to waste time, finding unrelated words, as mentioned above. Is there any solution to it? Please help me. Thanks in advance. Jack Hit Ctrl+F.From Find window click on 'Options'. Make s...

Cannot load shared Microsoft word libraries
I cant open any of my office 2004 programs. The window popping up says: The files have been moved from the original location and I have to move them back or reinstall them. This happened right after I did an update so I think that messed it up. Does anyone know what I can do without reinstalling the program? Thanks for any help Hi, this is symptomatic of an update gone wrong. Try re-applying the updates, and all should be well again. On 30/11/07 7:16, in article 8292f6a4-9467-43f1-8d2d-82e2399ec744@e25g2000prg.googlegroups.com, "veg26818@hotmail.com" <veg26818@hotmail.com> ...

Using both Landscape and Portrait page formats in the same sheet.
Hello, Would anyone happen to know how to change the formatting of pages in a worksheet to allow the printing of both landscape and portrait pages without having to cut and paste pieces of the data into another sheet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ps. I know that Word does this task. So is there something available in Excel. I think what you're trying to do is print several different sections i the same sheet, some portrait, some landscape. The easiest way to do this is, for each page or section that you wan to print, create a "Custom view" All printing information...

Outlook 2007 issue with Vista
I have notice an issue I have with sending files as attachments when right-clicking on the file and choosing to send to email reciepient. I've tried this a few times and find my Outlook program does not start to create an email with the file attached. I also cannot get the Outlook program to start unless I re-boot the computer. Not sure if it is more a Vista issue or Outlook 2007 issue. I find it is better to open Outlook, start a new message and just attach the file. Hey Scott, Are you using a 64 bit version of Windows Vista? How to find the version of Windows Vista ---Click ...

Drag & Drop Changes in Outlook 2007
Outlook’s Drag & Drop functionality works differently in Office 2007 then it does in Office 2003. When I right click to Drag and Drop an E-mail from an OL folder to my desktop, I am given the option to Move or Copy the Item. When I select Move, the item is moved to the desktop. In OL 2003 the moved item will be automatically placed in the OL Deleted Items Folder. In OL 2007 the item is not automatically placed in the Deleted Items Folder. How do I restore this functionality in Office 2007? I am Running Office 2007 SP2 under Windows 7 Ultimate. ...

Cannot open internet explorer
When I open internet explorer it says "restore from last session" or "go to home page" and that was it. It can stay there for days and did not open. I tried all the fixes an it said there some running program unable to fix. Please help. Tom Lee Hi, Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- e.g. Windows 7, Vista SP1, XP SP2 , 32-bit, 64-bit, etc. Right-click Computer/My Computer> Properties to obtain this information) Which version of Internet Explorer? (From IE> Help> About) What happens when you choose "Restore" or "Go t...

How to get a long column of numbers to wrap and print on 1 page?
I have a long column of numbers that we add to daily. This column needs to be sorted in ascending order and then printed. I don't know of a way to sort multiple columns together so that is why it is one long column. Is there a way to get it to print as multiple columns across a page so as to not have numerous pages with only 1 column on each? Thanks. take a look here: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm In article <3880FBB4-BF95-4A82-B98A-519C79BF1A34@microsoft.com>, Sue <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a long column of numbers th...

Daemon Tries to access internet when opening OE
When I try to open Outlook Express to check e-mail, my Zonealarm firewall tells me that "Daemon is trying to access the internet." Since I read somewhere this is not a legitimate program, I denied it. What is this program? Zone Alarm Labs identified for me the follwing location in Windows: C:/WINNT/System32/SK9910DME.EXE The software maker for this little piece of magic is "Silitek", not Microsoft, so it definately should not be running with Outlook I think. ...

Share notebooks on web
I think I made a huge mistake, but I bought seven copies of Office Ultimate, thinking that I could use OneNote to collaborate between workers in the office and remote. What I'd like to do is simply store the notebooks on a server somewhere (I have an Amazon S3 cloud account, and several websites I could use for this purpose). But every time I attempt to create a 'shared' notebook using a web url, I get an error. Is what I'm trying to do even possible? I realize that I could contract for SharePoint services to handle this, but I think I've spent about as much...

Daily Importing of External Data using Web Query
Every month I create a spreadsheet from a template by creating one ta for each day of the month named after day of the month/year (010104). then maually enter a Web Query on each tab which downloads dail weather information for an insect life cycle model. This is a very time consuming and tedious task because the onl difference in the links is the expression "20040101" (for January 01 2004) to "20040102" (for January 02,2004) INCLUDED IN THE LINK. Is it possible to use a macro (VBA code) to enter the Web Query addres in cell A1 on each tab when the workbook is created an...