Open New Visio Drawing using VBA in Word?

Hi,
We're creating new Word 2007 templates, and some of them require flowchart
functionality from Visio.  Our goal is to create a macro within the Word
template to call Visio, open a new drawing and have a custom stencil set open
for users to use.  Users would then open create their flowchart/diagram in
Visio, and it would update automatically into the Word template when Visio is
closed.

I'm using the following code to start Visio, however I'm stuck on where to
go from there:

Sub Visio()
Shell "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\VISIO.exe", vbNormalFocus
End Sub

Apologies if this is in the wrong sub-forum...I figured it was a Word
problem first and foremost, and I'll take any Visio-specific questions to the
appropriate forum.

Regards.

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309603

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Ramsay" <Ramsay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> We're creating new Word 2007 templates, and some of them require flowchart
> functionality from Visio.  Our goal is to create a macro within the Word
> template to call Visio, open a new drawing and have a custom stencil set
> open
> for users to use.  Users would then open create their flowchart/diagram in
> Visio, and it would update automatically into the Word template when Visio
> is
> closed.
>
> I'm using the following code to start Visio, however I'm stuck on where to
> go from there:
>
> Sub Visio()
> Shell "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\VISIO.exe",
> vbNormalFocus
> End Sub
>
> Apologies if this is in the wrong sub-forum...I figured it was a Word
> problem first and foremost, and I'll take any Visio-specific questions to
> the
> appropriate forum.
>
> Regards.

0
Doug

Use Form to prompt for report criteria

Uninstalled Word 2004 test drive
I installed the "Test Drive" version of Microsoft Word 2004 on my ibook, G2, 500 mhz, machine. I am running Panther. After trying it for a couple days and becoming very frustrated with the program I followed all directions to remove the program ... I removed only the 2004 version. After uninstalling I could not automatically open any of my word documents. I never "created" any using the test drive, but I can�t open any of my documents created on my Word X version. Trying to open these documents I received an error message: "The operation could not be completed....

Word could not load the e-mail envelope
Word could not load the e-mail envelope. This could be caused by a network connection problem or a problem with your Office installation. Trying to send email from within MS word It used to work, but now is broken. Client: WinXP, Word XP & Outlook 2003 Server: Exchange 2003 David Lewis wrote: > Word could not load the e-mail envelope. This could be caused by a > network connection problem or a problem with your Office installation. > > Trying to send email from within MS word > It used to work, but now is broken. > Client: WinXP, Word XP & Outlook 2003 > Serve...

SharePoint (WSS) 2007 / Outlook 2007 - Alert
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00AD_01C70E47.83B45950 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have setup a SharePoint Server (WSS) 2007 and are using the alerting = functionality. After we changes stuff on WSS, an alert message is generated and sent to = an email account. This e-mail account is hosted on an Exchange 2003 server. When using Outlook 2007 to open the e-mail, we get: Cannot open this item. Wenn using OWA the e-mail can be opene fine. Does somehow have an explanation for th...

VLookup in VBA giving error message

disable Review toolbar which came up automatically when opening a.
How can I disable the Review Toolbar which comes up automatically when opening a file? In the Workbook VBA actions. The top left hand corner there is an Excel logo, not the one in th blue program bar, but in the menu bar. Right Click and select "View Code" There will be two drop down boxes one that will probably say General if this has never been entered previously. Change the box on the right to Workbook. Then Change the right hand box to "Activate" Insert the following code Application.CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = False exit the VBA screen and t...

"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possi
"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possibly because another user has a source table open in exclusive mode. your query will be opened in design view" what this message mean ,and how can i solve it Hi - Please provide more details as to what you are doing when you get the error, what your database setup is (i.e. split Fe/BE?, multiuser?, version? etc). Without more information, we can only guess. Thanks - John amr wrote: >"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possibly because >another user has a ...

copy does not work in word 2003

Add new record through Form view
I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command button which will add a new record to my table. On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table in a form. On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 11:11:01 -0800, Ranjith Kurian <RanjithKurian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command >button which will add a new record to my table. >On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table >in a form. The Click event should show [Event Proced...

Excel 2000 vs. Excel 2002

copying formulas in vba
Hey guys. I was wondering if someone could help me. I am writing a vba script that takes in data, analyzes it, and then copies the results to a new file. I am having a problem with two things. 1) I am using a template for the new file so there are a lot of formulas (sums and std) already defined and ready to use. However, there are some instances where there is a random amount of additional data I have to put in. So, I have to apply the same formulas to this new data. How do I copy formulas from one cell to another (allowing for a change in row) in vba? Lets say cell(1,4) has the form...

Opening .prn files in XL2000

Not using zeros in graphing.
I have a running workbook that has tons of information. I have added a sum page in order to have all the data summed up in one simple place. I have formulas that read back into the workbook to link to a cell. Depending on what moth it is, that cell could be empty as it is a yearly wookbook. For example, if this is August, then there is information in the workbook up to August, but none after. With that said, the sum page has the #DIV/0! in the cell which essentially equals zero. I also have graphs that I have linked to this sum page. My problem is in order to keep the graphs up to...

using vba so search multiple Sheets

DPM and VMM on same server using side-by-side SQL installation
Windows 2008 Std R2 Server, 64bit VMM 2007 is currently installed (with the built-in default database) SQL 2005 Express Edition, SP3, 32bit. I was advised by Microsoft that both VMM and DPM could be installed on the same server (small DR environment) The VMs are hosted on a Windows 2008 Enterprise Server w/ VS2005R2 - because the hardware didn't support HyperV. VMM works great to manage the Windows 2008 VS2005R2 Host running Win2K3 server instances ... after lots of trial and error. Now, I need to install DPM 2007 onto the same server... DPM wants to install the 64bit vers...

Trying to open the current db in Access 2010 through Access Basic
I haven't programmed in Access Basic in quite a long time. Through Access Basic coding, I use to be able to open the current database and then open a table and walk through each record. Now I can't even open the database. Does anybody have an example of how to do the following: 1) Open Workspace 2) Open Current Database (assume name is unknown during run time 3) Open specific table 4) Step through each record and access the fields George C. Derkacs <George C. Derkacs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I haven't programmed in Access Basic in quite a lon...

Only new email window?
Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other apps running. Please let me know if that is possible. Thank you, Steve Steve F. <sf@flintind.com> wrote: > Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does > not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email > window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other > apps running. Create a shortcut whose target is: "%Pr...