Office 2000: transparent documents ( desktop visible through

I have Office 2000 and suddendly when I load in Word any document the page is
TRANSPARENT so i can see the icons on the desktop. I need instruction how I
could undo this phenomen and have the regular "black and white page!
Thanks Jiri G. Hruby

Office X 10.1.2 Update Failed
I'm new to the Mac OS X although pretty experienced with Windows XP and Office. When I try to update my original install of Office X, I get error message 11002:2,-14. I read the Read Me and troubleshooting section, turned off the virus protection and removed the Microsoft Office Plugin file as directed in the troubleshooting. None of this helped. I noticed (remember I'm new to Macs) I can move a copy of the Microsoft Office X directory to another hard drive, and clicking on Entrouage or any program opens it just fine (including all the mail). Of course, that would be impossible in...

How to tell if XmlNode is part of document tree
I have a container of XmlNodes. Some of them have been removed from the document, some haven't. Is there an easy way to tell which are which? I suppose bool IsPartOfTree(XmlNode node) { while (node.ParentNode != null) { node = ParentNode; } return node == node.OwnerDocument; } would work, but it doesn't seem elegant. martinfrompi@yahoo.co.uk wrote: > bool IsPartOfTree(XmlNode node) > { > while (node.ParentNode != null) { node = ParentNode; } Should be while (node.ParentNode != null) { node = node.ParentNode; } I guess. ...

Lost Icon on Desktop
I allowed my 17 year old nephew to use my computer- I know- I goofed- When I next used the computer, the icon for Word was no longer working; I now have a file folder with the System 32 files in it on my desktop. To get to Word, I have to go to Documents and open a word document and then close it out & open a new blank document. Can anyone tell me how to replace the system folder with the icon which will open Word? And no, nephew doesn't have a clue what he did to create this problem. On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 18:24:01 -0700, ladygolitely <ladygolitely@discussions.microsoft...

does outlook 2000 or 2003 ever integrated msn messanger
my question is has microsoft integrated msn messanger or any messanger function to outlook 2000 or 2003 using exchanger server thanks for the info sal gil professional solutions Yes -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond "Sal Gil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bc001c3be7c$0e1efd80$a001280a@phx.gbl... > my question is has microsoft integrated msn messanger or > any messanger function to outlook 2000 or 2003 using > exchanger server thanks for the info > > sal gil > > professional solutions ...

Moving Exchange 2000

Exchange 2000 + event id 2028
Hi there all, sorry if this is the wrong location for this question: Currently in our environment we are getting the following >>The error in the log is: >>Event Type: Error >>Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store >>Event Category: Transport Delivering >>Event ID: 2028 >>Date: >>Time: >>User: N/A >>Computer: server name >>Description: >>The delivery of a message sent by public folder MAIL<long string> has failed. >>To: john@domain.com >>Cc: >>The non-delivery report has been deleted. I have chec...

Excel 2000 in winxp
When I print, using my winxp machine and Excel 2000, a document created in Excel 2000 using win98, I get a bad printout. The vertical lines have small offsets in them. The same document prints fine on the same printer from my win98se machines (it is connected thru a network). If I create a new Excel 2000 chart using winxp, it prints ok. How can I convert my old Excel 2000 documents so that they will print on winxp? I only have Excel 2000. In general, Excel 2000 doesn't look very good in winxp. The fonts in the editing box are very fuzzy, for instance. Is there a fix for this? Dr...

Inconsistent Software Installation Office 2003 results via GPO...
Having big issues trying to pushout Office 2003 to everybody. I thought for sure I had it almost all figured out, but now I just tried to push it to a test user, and it doesn't do one important thing it was supposed to do, and did work before... We are migrating from GroupWise to Exchange 2003, so we will have a little bit of overlap. Because of that we have to set the mail profile to prompting, and make sure to keep "Novell Default Settings" profile to be the default profile, or else GroupWise won't work. So I added this little registry key: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Softwa...

Outlook 2000 and VPN connection
I have an office in chicago with a windows 2000 server. We connect to our cleveland office's exchange server for our email. When my clients are out on the road they want to use their outlook as they would when they are in the office. Can I do this through a VPN connection? How? Thank you Sure, but to where? To Cleveland or Chicago? Once you've figured that out, establish the VPN connection via whatever Internet connection they have, make sure they have something to do name resolution for the server name(s), open Outlook and go. Best to have them sync to an OST file and work off...

uninstallation of windows desktop search
How do I uninstall the Windows Desktop Search program? There is no entry for it in Add/Remove programs applet. I find the program to be utterly useless regardless of which specific folders I tell it to index. I cannot trust its results and am forced to use third-party search utilities to find files with specific keywords. badgolferman wrote: > How do I uninstall the Windows Desktop Search program? There is no > entry for it in Add/Remove programs applet. There should be. Is the box next to "Show updates" checked? > I find the program to be > utterly use...

How Backup Office Data Files?
I did a search for this in google groups, but found no answers. My problem. I need to install XP Pro. I have XP HE but I need to do a clean install and this will wipe out the Outlook 2000 personal folders and address book. I can't figure out how to save them. In previous versions of Outlook, I could back-up the personal address book (PAB file) and the personal folders (PST files). And they could be restored. In Outlook 2000 these files now have a Office Data File extension. How do you back them up now? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Roger Raj wrote: > I did a search for...

Outlook 2000 status bar
The status bar does not show the current status, ie when outlook is checking for mail, it does not show. Anyone know what may cause this? ...

Limits to file size for Excel 2000
Hi All Is there a limit size to a file that Excel 2000 can open and save as we have several clients that are having issues with a file that is over 300MB. Thanks Hi Von! Take a look at: Charles Williams: http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimitsc.htm -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. ...

exchange 2000 smtp connector smart host configuration
using an exchange 2000 smtp connector, how does the "forward all mail through this connector to the following smart hosts" work if multiple smart hosts are added? e.g. smarthost1;smarthost2;smarthost3 will email be sent how i think it will be:- 1. always to smarthost1 2. always to smarthost2 if smarthost1 is down 3. always to smarthost3 if smarthost1 and smarthost2 are down can someone confirm if my thinking is correct or not? regards I remember the out going emails will be load balanced across the 3 smart hosts. PL > using an exchange 2000 smtp connector, how does ...

Exchange 2003 on windows 2000, upgrading to Windows 2003
We are moving to Windows 2003 on the network, we have already upgraded our Exchange ORG to 2003. When we upgrade the 2000 servers running exchange 2003, are there any settings I need to tweak because of the IIS change? I seem to remember an article referencing some changes. Does anyone have the link to that article or could tell me off the top of their head what changes I need to make. I think I remember some metabase edits or something along those lines. Any help would be much appreciated. ...

Excel 2002 and 2000 co-install. Control Which Starts ?
I have a machine with both Excel XP and Excel 2000 installed. It's a long story but I uninstalled Excel 2000, Installed Excel XP, then needed the excel9.olb to fix a programming issue so I reinstalled Excel 2000. The problem I have now is that Excel 2000 loads by default, whereas I would like to have Excel XP load by default. I've changed the XLS file associations and that works fine, but when I run code to launch Excel it is still launching 2000 instead of Excel XP. Does anyone know of a registry key, etc that controls which version of Excel takes priority when more than ...

Excel 2000 Track Changes
Hello, I have just been asked by a user how to track changes in worksheet, which is fine. But they want the changes they make to b highlighted in a different font colour, rather like Word does. At th moment changes are highlighted by a border arround the changed cell. Is this standard in Excel, and if so is it difficult to change? Thank you for your attention, Tim -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi AFAIK this cannot be changed to something similar to MS Word. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "tim llewellin >" <<tim.llewellin.14capr@excelfor...

How to remove beep when typing word document
When typing a document a window pops up with a list of optiions, such as copy, paste, font. This window comes with a loud beep that comes right through my ear buds - very disconcerting. How can I get rid of this beep or this popup window. Hi Marni, Maybe you should try checking for the default sounds on your control panel in Windows. Maybe that can solve the problem. Does it usually happen just with Word or more programs? -- Vicente Tulliano "Marni" wrote: > When typing a document a window pops up with a list of optiions, such as > copy, paste, fon...

Script Font Used for Signature Line in Outlook 2000
Is there a standard script font that is used by most people when using Outlook 2000 on the signature line? We have found that some people use Commercial Scipt BT (bold italic 24), but when people receive the message, the signature line is not printed using Commercial Script. Therefore, we are wondering, is there a standard script font that most people use? Thanks. ...

Office Communicator suddenly closes when I switch to an incoming m
I use communicator all the time - if I'm in a conversation and switch focus to another application - when I return, the IM window and communicator shut down. It doesn't matter which application I switch to - sometimes it's another IM window. I can find no consistency. Also - how do I retrieve the conversations that have closed? Sometimes there is information in them that I haven’t recorded. Communicator is a MS product for the Windows OS - you've found your way to the Mac Office forum:) You might want to start with the link below: http://support.microsoft.com/ph/8768 G...

Office 2004 language
I use Office 2004 in OS X 10.4.8. The setup (environment) is English but I want to switch to my native language, Japanese. Is this conversion possible? Do I need to get Office 2004 Japanese version? (I am not aware if such version is available, since I bought this package in US and I live in US). I can enter text in Japanese but all other information; menu, help, etc is English. If someone knows about language conversion, please kindly advise. Thank you, There's a tool that comes with Microsoft Office 2004 called Microsoft Language Register, and its location on your hard drive depe...

Event ID: 1016 for Exchange 2000
My system is Windows 2000 sp4 with Exchange 2000 sp3 and I'm getting the following message in my application log: The data buffer created for the "EXOLEDB" service in the "C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\exodbpc.dll" library is not aligned on an 8-byte boundary. This may cause problems for application that are trying to read the performance data buffer. Contact the manufacturer of this library or service to have this problem corrected or to get a newer version of this library. I have looked at KB article 226494 and it talks about getting a newer .dll. I also found KB...

How can you reapply a template to a document>
We have engineers who use old word docs and create new reports. The old template formatting etc gets lost. Is there a way to reapply a template to an existing document? Not in the way you envisage. Train the engineers to create new documents from the templates. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>...

2 questions: Using solver in Macro AND converting to Word document to print A3
Hi, Thank you for your wonderful forums and help. Please help me with my two questions below. I tried searching but di not find anything on point. QUESTION Does anyone of you clever ones know how I can include solver in macro??? What box do I untick???? Right now, Macro doesn�t recognis solver as a function, even though I desperately need this QUESTION I have an excel table which is A3 size in excel and prints to one page However, I need to put this into a word file. How can I make sure tha it still remains one A3 page in the word file please? thank you -- yendor2 -----------------...

Excel 2000
I'm running Excel 2000 I'm trying to retrieve information from column 3 based on Column 2 Column 1 contains dates only - call it Day zero Column 2 gives the percentage change in an index for the next day following day zero column 3 gives the percentage the index has changed for day 2 following Day 1 For example the last row shows the index rose 8.31% at the end of the first day, then on the second day it fell 9.2% - so from day zero it fell just 0.89% to the end of the second day. I'm looking to answer the question - how many times in the most recent 10 occasions having a po...