Missing red squigglies when automating WORD.

Hi,

I am using Word Automation with MFC.  Things are going well, except that I
noticed that when I open up a document or create a new document, misspelled
words are not being underlined with the red squigglies (technical term).  I
have looked at all of the options and they seem to be correct.  If I open
WORD up directly, the red squigglies show with misspelled words, but not in
the instance of WORD that I open.  IF I type a new word I know is misspelled,
like "asdfsadf ", I still do not see the red squiggly.

I noticed that I could hit F7 and the Spelling and Grammar dialog would
show, and my red squigglies would then show.  I tried calling
document.CheckSpelling(), and that worked as well, except if there WAS a
misspelled word in the doc, the Spelling and Grammar dialog will also show
up, hidden by another window which makes my app appear to hang.  I don't
really want the dialog to show at all, I just want my red squigglies to work.
 I have also tried getting the SpellingErrors collection and tried using the
SpellingChecked and ShowSpellingErrors flags to no avail.

There seems to be a global application state set somewhere, because if I
open up any external instances of WORD while mine is still running, the same
thing happens, but if I close my instance and open up another external
instance, it seems to work properly as before.

Thanks for any help
-- Rick

Is the Option for Check spelling as you type turned on?

Options.CheckSpellingAsYouType = True

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Rick Pingry" <RickPingry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am using Word Automation with MFC.  Things are going well, except that I
> noticed that when I open up a document or create a new document,
> misspelled
> words are not being underlined with the red squigglies (technical term).
> have looked at all of the options and they seem to be correct.  If I open
> WORD up directly, the red squigglies show with misspelled words, but not
> in
> the instance of WORD that I open.  IF I type a new word I know is
> misspelled,
> like "asdfsadf ", I still do not see the red squiggly.
>
> I noticed that I could hit F7 and the Spelling and Grammar dialog would
> show, and my red squigglies would then show.  I tried calling
> document.CheckSpelling(), and that worked as well, except if there WAS a
> misspelled word in the doc, the Spelling and Grammar dialog will also show
> up, hidden by another window which makes my app appear to hang.  I don't
> really want the dialog to show at all, I just want my red squigglies to
> work.
> I have also tried getting the SpellingErrors collection and tried using
> the
> SpellingChecked and ShowSpellingErrors flags to no avail.
>
> There seems to be a global application state set somewhere, because if I
> open up any external instances of WORD while mine is still running, the
> same
> thing happens, but if I close my instance and open up another external
> instance, it seems to work properly as before.
>
> Thanks for any help
> -- Rick

0
Doug

user id or team id is missing
Thanks to everyone's help I've been able to import into the CDF/DMF successfully (or so I believe). However when weh I run the Migration tool, I receive for what appears to be every record: The user id or team id is missing. My users have licenses. I've run ListUmappedUsers and there are no unmapped users. I've run MapUser for all bad users previously. I'm not sure what this means and how to import my data. Please help. I've seen other similar posts, but no clear resolution. When you imported the records into the CDF did each record have an "owner" c...

Missing Emails from all Folders in OWA
Can anyone give me some lights in troubleshooting the following? - users complained that emails older then 7 days were automaticlly deleted (including INBOX, SENT-MAIL); of course, Recycle Bin was set to delete "garbages" in 7 days. - However, only a portion (ie 60%) users have similar problems (even some mails were already been moved to separate folder in OWA); remaining 40% -- OK, but all are using an identical user template to create account. - SBS's fault? Exchange's fault? or ... administrator's fault? Thanks. Regards, Henry In news:1E4EC9C6-DDDE-4EA2-B6EE-5...

Word corrupted my document
I have a very important document that got corrupted while I was using Word to edit another document. The result can be seen at http://www.exceptiona.com/intranet/worldwidewomencorrupted.doc Firstly, all the footnote/references have been corrupted and all the hyperlinks have been corrupted (replaced by !!HYPERLINK "[link]" [link] for example) , but worse, around page 32 something bizarre has gone on too.. I think it is something to do with the pictures that were included in the document at that point.. (images have been replaced by !! INCLUDEPICTURE "http://w...

Mail Merge
I'm running Office 2000 Small Business with Office Professional upgrade. I've recently rebuilt my PC and have installed a Outlook 2002 ontop of this, plus all the patches recommended on the Microsoft site. When I try to open a specific exisiting Publisher file I am prompted to install the mail merge facility (something I want to use). I'm asked to insert the Office 2000 SR1 Disk 2 - something I don't possess as the upgrade was downloaded. Please could you advise me how to proceed Thanks -- Turbo Office 2000 Small Business had two disks, Publisher was on disk 2. Ha...

Missing "Save Embedded Files dialog box"
I am using Frontpage 2003 (portable). After replacing my harddrive and reinstalling Frontpage 2003 I am unable to upload pictures to my website. The "Save Embedded Files dialog box" is missing and does not come up after adding a new picture to a page and saving. Suggestions? Import your images into FP web/site first (into folder of your choice), then place them into your design...you will never have a problem doing it this way. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "USKDMMA" <USKDMMA@discussions.micro...

Is there a word templete just text part for a business card
I want to set up the typeset for the wording of my business card. Word has many templates but do they have one for just that? I saw all the different templates. But I merely want to stage the layout of the wording is all. Does such a thing exist like the resume or letter set ups? As far as Word is concerned, business cards are simply labels. Choose the appropriate label blank from the labels dialog and create a new document. Edit the first label to taste then use the macro at the end of http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm to duplicate the card to the other cells. ...

Automating MS Communicator 2005
Hi, I want an Excel 2003 XLA to send a message via MS Communicator 2005. Through VBA I can open a new message window for the correct recipient, but just can't send a message. Anyone done this from a VBA environment using the Communicator object model (i.e. not relying on SendKeys) ? Many thanks, Bill Bill, I as looking for the same thing, only for Outlook. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/communicatorsdk/thread/476e6c25-7c4a-45be-8dee-2d2b8cba87e2 I was able to use the same general code in Excel. Just make sure you add the Communicator API librar...

Switching word Order

More then one word replaced at same time?
Is there a way to type in the replace box, words a, b and c then replac all of them in one click? I have about 10 consistent terms that i nee to get rid of without wasting all my time opening up the function ove and over. Thanks Eri -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com > Is there a way to type in the replace box, words a, b and c then replace > all of them in one click? I have about 10 consistent terms that i need > to get rid of without wasting all my time opening up the function over > and over. Thanks Not AFAIK. Try doing it one time (i.e. 10 times) while recor...

Word document creation in XML
Hi All, I'm pretty new to .Net, not to mention XML, so I truly appreciate any advice! I have user data that I want to selectively insert into a MS Word document in XML. Given the various content, I want to create a new instance of an XML document and write the data to the XML doc using the Word ML schema. The key item is that I want to be able to add content line-by-line or section-by-section, to the word document using the XML schema. The reason behind this is that the content will change dramatically. The question comes down to this -- are there already-defined components that...

Problem when pasting text from Word into Mail
When I copy and paste text from Word 2004 into Apple Mail, Mail doubles the line returns. In other words, if in Word there is a single return (my intent is to start a new line immediately below the previous one) in mail the pasted text will show a double return (ie double spacing). This had previously happened to me when I was running Panther; after I queried on this board someone suggested that I use shift-option- command-v to paste, and this solved the problem. A few weeks ago I bought a new Mac Mini running Snow Leapard. Now the problem has returned, and using shift-option-com...

S.O.S :importing excell data into word
I have made an excell workbook and now I am trying to import the data into a word document. The problem is that the birthdates' format, and the decimals av the numbers change when importing to my word document! How can I solve this problem? PLEASE HELP. -- villi Use a number pattern in the Word field... In Word, toggle the field code and insert a number format switch: [MERGEFIELD Value_1 \# 0.00] In article <61FF77C2-CEAA-4F19-8A1A-B238E19961E7@microsoft.com>, "villi" <villi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have made an excell workbook and now I...

Excel tabs missing in my established Workbook
Hi, I have converted to Office 2007 with some concern. All of my Excell 2003 and old workbook files don't display the tabs. And, I cannot find a fix. Are my file corrupted by Excel 2007? Is there a display function to see the tabs? Thanks First go the the MS - Excel 2007 upper left window there you wlll find the Office Logo click on it. GoTo the bottom right menu display CLICK on Excel Options This dialog box will dispaly options to the left Click on Advanced The Section that ypu need is about half way down the Advanced Page. This is what you are looking for: [Displ...

exporting MS outlook 2000 addresses to MS word 2000
I'm not the most computer literate person on the planet but I thought that it would be easy to put all of my Christmas card addresses in the Contacts area of MS Outlook 2000. Now, I'm finding it impossible to export it into Word 2000 to use to address the envelopes. HELP!!!!! I am now clueless! I have spent at least 10 hours trying to figure this out and I refuse to pay Microsoft to teach me. Thanks, Betty Jo There is no need to export. You can use a mail merge to print your envelopes using your existing Outlook Contacts. Outlook uses Word for performing mail merge functions su...

Missing Unread emails
Hi, I'm using outlook 2007. My unread email folder has (53) showing next to it in my folder tree but when I open the folder there are no messages showing. I received copies today of some emails I hadn't "received" from colleagues. I have some filters set up but I can't locate the missing unread emails in any of my folders. From searching the forums it seems to be a common problem but I can't find a fix to locate the missing unread items. Help! "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42CC8E02-09DA-4B9A-BED3-9B...

Missing Menu Bar
I have a situation where the menu bar has disappeared. I closed and re-opened Excel, checked to see if the menu bar has been hidden but with no luck. Is there some kind of refresh process that can be tried to re-activate the menu bar? I could not find anything in Excel help. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Ian Hi Ian! With a workbook open, use ALT+F11 [Gets you to the Visual Basic Editor (VBE)] View > Immediate window Copy/paste or type the code line below into the Immediate window and then press ENTER Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enable...

Compress feature for pictures in a word file
I was used to use this feature in PC-Office 2003. Click right on one picture, go to edit picture, select compress and you could compress this particular picture or all. Very nice feature to reduce filesize. However, it does not exist on office for mac 2004. Does it exist in MacOffice 2008? On 2/28/08 9:34 PM, in article ee8f24d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "jbellamy@officeformac.com" <jbellamy@officeformac.com> wrote: > I was used to use this feature in PC-Office 2003. Click right on one picture, > go to edit picture, select compress and you could compress this particu...

Copy Word tables to Excel
I'm sure there might be a solution, I just can't find it now..... I have a table in Word that might or might not contain "returns." I want the table in Word to copy EXACTLY as is into Excel. If I have Don (hard return) Mike in one Word table cell. It splits this into two cells in Excel. Any way to prevent this. Pasting as a Word document is not an option Thanks so much in advance. Replace the hard returns in Word with end-of-line marks (hold down shift key when you press Enter). "Don" <dcardoza@gibbonslaw.com> wrote in message news:16a501c51061...

Adjust an Excel table with the width of a Word page
Hol=E0 has todos los Excel users!! Here is my small problem (way of speaking, because for me it is an enormous problem, but for you, it is undoubtedly nothing.): Under Excel, I have a macro that creates several tables on several sheets (1 table per sheet). This macro selects and copies each table into a page in Word. The problem is that the number of columns is variable : at the time of copying, the table doesn't not fit the width of the Word page. That's why I'm seeking a way to do the following things : 1) calculate the number of columns of the xls table 2) find the width of ...

Am I missing something on manual duplex?
I have used Word 2003 to produce an A5 booklet....and in the print dialogue there is a "manual duplex" option. Using that, Word kindly prints one side of the page, then it tells me when to remove the paper, turn it over and it prints the reverse. Nice and easy. I can't seem to find the same in Publisher....of course, Publisher being part of the same Office Suite would mean that the dialogues are different to Word! I have downloaded and installed the add-in for duplex printing but that doesn't seem to work half the time....there's no help file anywhere and no walk-throu...

Convertion Numeric into Words
Hi folk Can You help me in giving me the coding for converting numeric int words. Thanks and Regards Pre -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com See the links at David Mcritchie's site: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/strings.htm#numberstowords In article <prem_4105.11yt0h@excelforum-nospam.com>, prem_4105 <<prem_4105.11yt0h@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > Can You help me in giving me the coding for converting numeric into > words. This file might be a help: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/num2wrds.zip It's in the...

Convert document to word
I have a document that was created with Publisher and I would like to save it to a Word document, so others who might not have Publisher can view it. I am not sure how to do this and would appreciate some help. Once you convert it to Word, you defeat the purpose of using Publisher. Convert it to a .pdf file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Richard Mahan" <dmachen35@comcast.net> wrote in message news:TuCdnWKCu5A62CvZnZ2dnUVZ_qKdnZ2d@comcast.com... > I have a document that was created with Publisher and I would like to > save it to a ...

Recover word document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Took one hour to setup new word document. Had to close in a hurry, and hit &quot;do not save&quot; button by accident. Can I still recover document? Many thanks! Sorry, but if it was never saved there is nothing to recover. What you do is not written to your HD until you actually save... Until then the document only exists in memory (RAM) & simply evaporates if you close without saving. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 2/14/10 10:24 AM, in article 59bb2cf7.-1@webcrossing...

Cursor keeps repositioning itself when typing in Word
When I'm typing in Word 2007, on my laptop, using a mouse, the cursor keeps rempositioning itself if I stop typing for more than a second or two. It's an annoying problem as usually it repositions itself between some text I've already written. Anybody any ideas? Laptop Touchpad setting too senstive? DeanH "Gringo" wrote: > When I'm typing in Word 2007, on my laptop, using a mouse, the cursor keeps > rempositioning itself if I stop typing for more than a second or two. It's an > annoying problem as usually it repositions itself betwe...

Outlook can't find Word
I am on a Windows 2000 machine that has Office 2000 SP-3. If I try to use Word to edit emails, I get the following error. "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." Word 97 is not installed on this machine. I have tried with Word open and with Word closed. Does anyone know where to enter the path to point Outlook to Word? Any help is appreciated. ...