How to make scanned document readable when opened in word?

When this document is opened in Word, the characters are garbled.  What can
I do?

You will need to run it through an Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
first.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Clueless" <Clueless@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> When this document is opened in Word, the characters are garbled.  What
> can
> I do?

0
Doug

How do I make a 'box and whisker plot' graph in Microsoft Excel?
I am in Year 12 and am doing a stats assignment. The project states that i MUST insert a box and whisker plot for some data, but i don't know how to do this. Does anybody know? Hi, Here are some sites on the topic of stats charting not just box and whisker. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html http://www.processtrends.com/toc_statistical_charts.htm http://tushar-mehta.com/publish_train/data_analysis/16.htm http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Year 12 student who needs help" &...

Ho to make one field required based on critera of another field?
I'm creating a form and need to make the "comments" field required if the "code" field is =>20. I appreciate suggestions! Deadline Monster is lurking! User enters the job processing endcode value (numeric) into the "code" field. If the endcode is =>20, comments are required. (P.S. I don't know VB) Thanks! Star You would put your validation code in the Form's BeforeUpdate event. If Me.EndCode >19 Then If Len(Me.Comments & "") = 0 Then MsgBox "Comments are required" Cancel = True End If End If ...

How do I make hyperlink target scroll to the top-left of spreadshe
I can't remember the setting to make Excel automatically scroll my hyperlinked cell to the top-left. For example, if my hyperlink is in cell A1 and the hyperlink destination is cell Z30, when you click the hyperlink in A1 the cell Z30 is now displayed in the top-left of the spreadsheet. It seems like there was a checkbox in the Options dialog box, but now I can't find it. I did this awhile ago, but forgot to write down the information. Hi Lori Tools>Options On the Transition tab Transition navigations keys -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Lori W....

making an equation in access
Hi, I would like to create a field that works out a formula based on other fields. i.e field z=field4, when field 1<field 2 - field 3 etc. Yes, it may be a silly question but I am only new to this....Thanks, Dani. Dani, recommend against creating a "field" in a table and storing this value. One of the generally accepted rules of relational database development is not to store a "computed" (any value that is based on the value of other fields in your database) value in the table. It is a waste of database space, and will eventually result in bad data (...

Outlook 2002 SP3- Runtime Error when opening Outlook
I'm getting a runtime error- Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library / Program C:/Program Files/ microsoftoffice/ office10 /outlook.exe. This App has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusal way. This only happen the first time I open Outlook for the day. It shuts down, then I can reopen it and all is fine. I have try to debug it and the detect & repair option in the help tab. Any help is Appreciated! ...

Failed to open mmf error appears
A pop up window appears with the message 'failed to oepn mmf'. I assume it is referring to Microsoft mail format. What could be triggering this error. What version of Outlook, and when do you see this error? EllenB wrote: > A pop up window appears with the message 'failed to oepn > mmf'. I assume it is referring to Microsoft mail format. > > > What could be triggering this error. >-----Original Message----- >What version of Outlook, and when do you see this error? > >EllenB wrote: >> A pop up window appears with the message 'fail...

changing a name in mulit parts of a document
I am setting up a word document. This will be used as a template In this document I wish to insert the same "name" throughtout this document. Is it possible to change the name in one spot and all of the others change automatically thanks See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>...

Bizarre background window behavior in Word
I am running MS Office for Mac 2008 (12.2.4) on a 2008 Intel iMac with the most recent version of Leopard OS. Since installing a recent upgrade to Mac Office 2008, I have been having a frustrating problem when I keep multiple documents open in Word. The active document will randomly be moved to the background, while one of the inactive open documents will randomly move to the foreground. Curiously, the inactive window now in the foreground actually remains inactive, and if I continue typing, the text is placed in the active window that is now hidden in the background. The only way to b...

Access To Word Mailmerge
I have setup a Mailmerge that is run from Access. The process works like this: 1) The proper record is selected in an Access form which automatically starts the process. 2) Word is called up automatically, it shows both the template and the doument with the proper data in it. 3) Access is closed automatically. 4) The user then needs to close the mailmerge template. 5) The document with the proper mailmerge information inserted from Access is up on the screen. At this point a shortcut is triggered by the user that adds a document of the users choice to the end of the curre...

Sales Document Inquiry Zoom
Has anyone ever seen after an order is fulfilled - the sales document detail inquiry zoom for the order is blank - doesn't even show the order information (which is standard gp). Header info on that window does have type id, document number; master number = 0; remaining subtotal=$; times repeated = 0 If i look at the sales quantity status inquiry zoom - qty to order = 1; qty to invoice = 1; Remaining qty=1 Quantity Allocated = 1 Quantity Fulfilled = 1 And the order will not transfer to invoice = no errors; the sales transfer log just says 0 documents transferred. Yes, I have seen...

Email links open to My Documents
When I go to my blue hyperlinks in Outlook 2003, instead of being taken to the website, I am taken to my own My Documents....when I right click, I cannot copy and paste because the copy is grayed out. I really need to repair this ASAP and would appreciate any help. I am using Office 2003 and Windows XP Pro. Thank you! Try rebooting your system >-----Original Message----- >When I go to my blue hyperlinks in Outlook 2003, instead of being taken to >the website, I am taken to my own My Documents....when I right click, I >cannot copy and paste because the copy is grayed out. &...

Can't open html format email in outlook xp
Dear all , I can't open and create html format emails in outlook XP . I think I lost some html and RTF components , I tried to reinstall the outlook xp and selected all the related options , but still can't work. Could anyone help me to solve the problem? Thank in advance Stanley ...

Excel Document
How do I add column headings to an Excel document? "C5roadstergal" <C5roadstergal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62A2EAB2-D528-4493-BFA0-38D7FACFB292@microsoft.com... > How do I add column headings to an Excel document? Type them in? Hi, That depends on what you mean by this question. Are you doing this at printout or just in the spreadsheet? In the spreadsheet select the row(s) numbers of the rows where you want to add the headings and choose Insert, Rows. In the printout: 1. Choose File, Page Setup, Headers and Footers tab and choose a pre...

My spell check keeps switching off in word 2007
Every time i try and write a document the spell checking keeps switching off. Depsite me switching it back on, it changes back as soon as I start typing. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Can anyone help cos this is driving me potty?? Is the correct language applied to text? See also http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "geordielass86" <geordielass86@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:034EE38C-F6EB-44F5-A875-C55709A58B67@microsoft.com... > Every time i try an...

Trouble with forms I created in Word 2003
I create form field forms for my department. Recently upgraded to Office 2007. I can't seem to access many things in the "ribbon" in order to unlock the form and/or make any changes, access the header/ footer etc. I have spent hours trying to figure this out and have tried things I have seen in various forums to no avail. Please help! "HBForsyth" <HBForsyth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BDD0D0C-AA9B-4E5B-A632-BE4B7E4DD6E1@microsoft.com... > I create form field forms for my department. Recently upgraded to Office >...

How do I call individual cell data from an Excel sheet into Powerpoint or Word?
Ok, I have an Excel work sheet done up to calculate discounts given to employees based on their employer. I now need to make a flyer in either Word or PowerPoint (or another program if needed) but I'd like for it to pull the data from individual cells in the Excel sheet. For instance in the midst of the graphics and flyer text that will remain the same for every flyer I'd like to be able to tell it to refer to Excel document, and then pull all the information for say, the company in row 7 (since 7 is the first company listed) It would need to pull the text (co. name) from A7, sug. r...

auto numbering spread throughout a document
I have word 2007. I'm working on a process memo with numbered steps. The steps are auto numbered. Within this document also have a series of internal controls that are numbered: "internal control 1.", "internal control 2." etc. Is there a way for me to auto number "internal control" so that each time I have to add one to my document it's automatically number and if I remove one it renumbers? These internal controls appear throughout the document and do have a specific formatting. Does this make sense? Thanks Create a Style for ...

make 'work offline' default setting
howdy folks, I have Money 2006 and I let my online subscription lapse. I would like to, somehow, be able to set the 'work offline' checkbox as a default setting. Is there a way to do this? I can't find a preference for it, and I've had no luck finding a registry entry that might do it. Any help would be appreciated! thanks! pat ...

Opening multiple workbooks through code and copying values
Help! the following code 'kinda sorta' does what I want, but it has 3 problems. 1. Instead of going on to the next file if the file doesn't exist, it pastes the data from the previous file. 2. It closes the workbook into which I am compiling data instead of just the ones I am copying from. 3. Everytime it closes a file, it asks the question about 'large amounts of data in the clipboard.' Thanks, Pam Here is the code: Private Sub cmdCreate_Click() On Error GoTo Report_Err Dim myPath As String Dim myReport As Object Dim mySheet As String Dim myRow As Integer Dim x...

Scanning Code
I would like to take each item in the .Names collection and check my code to determine if I am actually using the Defined Name. I can use ListNames to get the names, I know. But how can I iterate thru the array and look for matches? I suspect I need to use some form of an automated+ACI-FIND+ACI- . Any suggestion appreciated. The Old Grey Geek -- The Old Grey Geeks' Lament And we carried our bits in a bucket, And our mainframe weighed 900 tons, And we programmed in ones and in zeros And sometimes we ran out of ones. Get a copy of Jan Karel Pieterse's (with...