How to assign a hot key to an existing macro in word 2007?

I saw how to attach a key to a macro when starting to record a new macro.
But how do I attach it after one is created and working?

Word Menu (or Button)>Word Options>Customize>Keyboard shortcuts "Customize"
and choose the "Macros" category

nixonian wrote:
> I saw how to attach a key to a macro when starting to record a new
> macro. But how do I attach it after one is created and working?

0
Greg
12/1/2009 2:07:47 AM
I finally found the command "Customize Keyboard" using "Search Commands" menu
item.  I still have not found it in the standard ribbons. Is it there
somewhere?

"nixonian" wrote:

> I saw how to attach a key to a macro when starting to record a new macro.
> But how do I attach it after one is created and working?
Thanks very much.

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

> Word Menu (or Button)>Word Options>Customize>Keyboard shortcuts "Customize"
> and choose the "Macros" category
>
> nixonian wrote:
> > I saw how to attach a key to a macro when starting to record a new
> > macro. But how do I attach it after one is created and working?
>

> .

Macros
I'm getting confused. I built two macros for a given spreadsheet and inserted them on a custom toolbar. When we copy the spreadsheet, giving it a new name, and then open the copy and run the macros - excel opens a new spreadsheet with the name of the original. I'm guessing that the macros are assigned specifically to a particular spreadsheet somehow? How do you suggest I work around this? I'd like to copy the spreadsheet and have the macro work in the newly created spreadsheet too. Even if it entails some minor coding changes, thats fine - or is there a way to tell the macr...

assign numeric value to letters and sum with other numbers
I apologize if I am duplicating an earlier question, but I can't find the answer. How do I sum a row or column that has numbers and letters by giving the letters a numerical equivalent? -- WJG On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:19:01 -0800, Galadad <Galadad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I apologize if I am duplicating an earlier question, but I can't find the >answer. How do I sum a row or column that has numbers and letters by giving >the letters a numerical equivalent? Could you give an example of input and expected output. Lars-�ke Just guessing...

Compatibility Pack for Office 2007
This may be a stupid question, but... We are in the process of migrating from Office 2003 to Office 2007. We had deployed the Compatibility Pack to all our Office 2003 users a year or more ago so they could read documents created outside our company. My question is... Is there any need or value to keep the Compatibility Pack installed after installing Office 2007? Thanks, Tom In article <OP$RtKsmKHA.6096@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, Tom K wrote: > This may be a stupid question, but... > > We are in the process of migrating from Office 2003 to Office 200...

Excel macro list
In Excel 2003 I used to be able to list all macros in a workbook by pressing Alt+F8. Now all I get is a series of ribbon help letters... What's changed? Is there still a way of accessing macros via Alt+F8? Any suggestions appreciated. Hi, ALT+F8 works for me in E2007. What do you mean by 'I get is a series of ribbon help letters' Mike "pbaker6" wrote: > In Excel 2003 I used to be able to list all macros in a workbook by pressing > Alt+F8. Now all I get is a series of ribbon help letters... What's changed? > Is there still a way of...

2007 Schema Prep #2
I extended my AD last night for 2007 and have a few questions to verify it was successful: I have a root domain (domain.local) that houses my schema master and a child domain (domain.net) that has Exchange 2003. I ran setup /prepareAD then ran setup /preparedomain: domain.net and both said they completed successfully. However, I was expecting to see the new OU (Microsoft Exchange Security Groups) in my child domain. It is present in my root domain. Is that all correct? In my child domain I now have a new global security group call Exchange Install Domain Servers. Last thing, the D...

how do I get the cursor to move to cell A1 when I press home key
When I press the home key I want the cursor to go to cell A1. From the Menu Bar: <Tools> <Options> <Transition> tab, And *check* "Transition Navigation Keys". This might cause you other "problems' though! -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "RANLAY" <RANLAY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F93B2017-347...

Converting Numerical values to Words
I am fairly new to the ins and outs of Microsoft Access 2003 but have been able to work through all of my problems thus far except one. I started using check boxes for storing user inputed data from a form. When the box is checked I have made it equal a value ranging from 1 to 6 according to the desired group. This stores the number in a table which I then reference many times in queries as well as reports. Here is my question, how do I convert from those stored numbers, taken from the check boxes, to words that can be easily outputted to a report so that anyone can read it without ...

Word problems 2003 and 2007 version
hey everyone both on my main computer and my brothers laptop word isnt working! its so annoying! on my desktop PC i have windows xp and word 2003. after getting a virus which stopped the internet from working i had to do a system restore - which got rid of the virus. but when i click on word it says that "this shortcut only applies to installed products", and when i go to word through program files it says "this product is not installed on this user" - but there is no setup thing i can press - will i need the disc maybe? on my bro's laptop he got the sa...

SpellCheck Will it work on the Access 2007 Runtime?
I have a program that I have compiled. It has the following. Private Sub cmdSpellCheck_Click() Me.Call_Notes.SetFocus RunCommand acCmdSpelling End Sub Is this going to work on a runtime or will I need a full version of Access to use it? You can simulate using the runtime of A2007 quite easily for testing. To do it, change the extension of the file from accdb to accdr. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "Avid Fan" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:ulRyIhQ4KHA.4804@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have a program t...

Switching X Y axis in PP 2007
How do make the vertical axis the horizonal one and vice versa? -- etf Does Switch Row/Column on the Chart Tools Design tab do what you want? -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "etf" <etf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28669E0E-1FF7-47CB-9ED2-1769248A651E@microsoft.com... > How do make the vertical axis the horizonal one and vice versa? > -...

how do I delete documents from the start list in word and excel?
how do I delete documents from the start list in word and excel? You can not clear it whenever you want. You can however set the no of file names to be displayed to 0 which clears the list... In Excel 2003 Tool->Options->General Enter 0 against 'Recently Used File List' of clear the check box. Click 'OK' Word has a similar option. For 2007 versions or if you want to play with Registry Settings (not advised unless you understand it well) see http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/01/13/how-to-clear-and-delete-recent-documents-list-in-office-2007-word-excel-p...

Newbee needs help Combo Box access 2007
I have a access 2000 project that would all me to create a combo box the added the following code , so the values from the combo box would be stored in the current form . also when typing the code below access 2000 would bring up the code string example when typing me.s it would bring up the value "shipper" from the field list is this feature gone or just turned off on my copy Example of code From Access 2000 Private Sub Combo 40_AfterUpdate(cancel As Integer) me.shipper = me.combo40.Column(0) me.Address = me.combo40.Column(1) error This error occurs whe...

Excel 2007 text flash (or blink)
This might have been asked before but if so I'm not finding it when I use a google groups search, mainly because of either none or too many answers returned depending on which keywords I use. Is it possible to make the text and/or the background in any individual cells to flash or blink ? In detail what I need to do is have a cell with a solid black background, text which is yellow, but blinking at a slow cadence, 1 sec on 1 sec off in such a way that it looks as if the text in the cell is flashing between off and on like a flashing light. -- Nick hi also have a look...

Outlook Express 2007
Outlook express 2007 1. How do you see the setting for the OUTLOOK EXPRESS 2007 filter settings ? 2. What kind of spam filter will work on outlook express 2007? 3. how do yu add a spam filter for yur ms exchange srv 2003 ? There is no such product as Outlook Express 2007. Do you mean Outlook 2007? Outlook and Outlook Express are two different programs. "mr hamid" <mr.hamid.4c70dh@no.email.invalid> wrote in message news:mr.hamid.4c70dh@no.email.invalid... : : Outlook express 2007 : 1. How do you see the setting for the OUTLOOK EXPRESS 2007 filter : setting...

CRM 4.0 - Word 2007 - mail merge
OK, so I've read a number of blogs detailing the mail merge process. Open in Word, save as XML, import to CRM, edit and add the mail merge fields. Simple, right? My organization has about a dozen mail merge templates which worked very well in CRM 3.0. I was fully aware I would probably have better luck just re-creating them in CRM 4.0. No biggie. I've done so and mail merge in CRM 4.0 is ... shall we say less than stellar. Mail merge on the Contact entity does not work at all. For any user. Mail merge on the Account and Opp entities works sporadically. Literally from one user to th...

Word 2007 Unrestricted Access?
I have a file that a customer sent. Under Protect Document > Unrestricted Access is checked. Another person in the office has made changes with the Track Changes on. They were able to save the file, but we cannpt accept the changes because we get a message that says the document is protected. What exactly does "Unrestricted Access" mean? How do we accept changes? Thanks for any assistance you can give me. -- marcia "Unrestricted Access" means anyone can read and change the document, so you or the other employee should be able to accept or reject track...

Macro to pop up a legend on screen (of sorts)
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C3EF0C.E78E1400 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can anyone tell me the best way to present a nice pop-up box with this = information on screen? I don't need anything other than an OK button = that when clicked will disappear. Code Description Equiv. Hours =20 D Days 7.5=20 E Evenings 7.5=20 N Nights 7.5=20 DE Day AND Evening Shift 15=20 EN Evening AND Night Shift 15=20 ND Night AND Day Shift 15=20 ...

arrow keys #4
Did a search of your posted messages - yes, he had his scroll lock key on!!. Thanks, you guys are great. ...

Insert Column 2007
aHello I have recently installed Access 2007. When I'm in the Design View of any query the icon to Insert Column is greyed out and unavailable. I have closed the query, the datebase and restarted the PC, Access and checked different queries, different databases and the problem persists. Any ideas? Judith Try to mark a column & Hit Insert Pieter "JudithJubilee" <JudithJubilee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A44F079-25D2-4B1A-9AD2-89F76BEDCD30@microsoft.com... > aHello > > I have recently installed Access 2007. When I'm in the Desi...

CRM 3.0 LaptopClient installation won't find Outllook 2007
Hi all, I tried to install the LaptopClients of my CRM 3.0 on my WinXP SP2 with Office 2007 machine. The installations stops, by saying me: "Es konnte nicht ermittelt werden, ob eine unterst�tzte Version von Microsoft Outlook installiert ist. Weitere Informationen finden Sie in der Protokolldatei 'C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\" which means basicly, "...couldn't figure out, if an supported Version of Outlook is installed". On the other hand, when I Start Outlook at the same time it says me at the same time "...please close Outlook for installation"...

word template ... PLEASE HELP !
Hello, I am trying to insert a word template into a publisher. However all my tries didnt achieve the purpose. I tried to import the document but it didnt take the graphic template only the wording were converted into the publisher. I tried to copy paste the template but i AM not able to do so because i cant even select it through the word document. I tried to take a screen capture and then use paint and to get in only the template then I inserted it into the publisher. It worked but the problem, the qualit of the picture is not good and I need to get this template for my publi...

How do you e-mail a person when a case is assigned to a person.
In our case form we have a drop down box with some names put in. How would a person make an event that would be smart enough to know what name is being selected and then e-mailing that person so they know a case has been selected for them? Thanks in advanced! You may do the setting in work flow. Just create a rule to automatically send emails. "Admin Matt" wrote: > In our case form we have a drop down box with some names put in. How > would a person make an event that would be smart enough to know what > name is being selected and then e-mailing that person so they know...

Macro for my work.....
Can anyone give me some help with a problem I am having in my payroll packet at work - the explanation is quite long and involved, but here goes. My payroll packet has different lettered sheets, one for each letter of the alphabet. I input 2 weeks worth of time in these sheets and I use data validation (data stored in another sheet) to input the names and SS#'s into these sheets for each payroll. I have a "summary sheet" at the end of the workbook that summarizes each entry from the individual sheets (namely Direct Labor,Indirect Labor (Shop), Holiday,Vacation,Total Hours, O.T....

Combining VISIO files with mail merged Word document
I am trying to create a composite document that has four pages. The first page is a VISIO (2003 Professional) file that contains several pictures and a converted AutoCAD (R14) drawing file. The following three pages are a Word merged file created from an Access database. I would like to be able to have a combined file for for hard copy reproduction. This particular document has 220 reports that all have the same basic format. I have tried exporting various file types (tif, jpg, wmf, bmp, etc.) from VISIO, then inserting into Word as picture or object and most are unacceptable quali...

The highlighted segment of words, will not allow me to take it off
When highlighting certain segments of sentences, etc.... Highlighting works great until I want to remove it. It is normally very easy. But I have run into this many times when I have a form that I use all the time that I keep up with daily tasks. I will highlight something that needs to be done pronto! Then once the job is done, I go back to remove it, it will not remove. You know it is an easy process. Take your mouse and highlight that segment, move your mouse up to the highlight area of the toolbar and choose to not have highlight there and most times it will remove it. This f...