How do I add certificates for digital signatures

I'm trying to follow the directions at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HP052495571033.aspx
and when I get to the step where I'm supposed to choose a certificate,
the list is empty.  Where is it looking?  How do I add a certificate?
0
Chris

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 10:47:39 -0800 (PST), Chris Nelson
<chris.nelson.1022@gmail.com> wrote:

>I'm trying to follow the directions at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HP052495571033.aspx
>and when I get to the step where I'm supposed to choose a certificate,
>the list is empty.  Where is it looking?  How do I add a certificate?

I'm guessing you skipped over the "How?" item under step 1 and went
straight to the "Sign a macro project" item under step 2.

In the "How?" item it explains that there are several ways to get a
certificate -- from a commercial authority, from an in-house
certificate server (the "internal security administrator" option), or
by running Selfcert.exe. It's a little skimpy on details, though:

- Commercial certificate authorities charge and arm and two legs for
signing certificates, usually several hundred dollars per year. That's
OK for a company that's going to sell its software, but out of the
question for less profitable uses.

- An in-house certificate server needs to be certified itself by a
root authority, usually one of the commercial authorities. Once that's
done, the server can crank out a lot of certificates, which makes each
one cheaper, but you have to need a lot of certificates. That isn't
true for most of us.

- A self-cert is free, but it's really meant only for signing macros
that will be used only on your own computer. That kind of makes sense,
because it's too easy to lie and tell folks "trust me!" and then give
them something that will trash their files.

To see how it works, run Selfcert.exe, either with the shortcut at
Start > Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Tools > Digital
Certificate for VBA Projects, or by going to C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\Office12 and double-clicking the file. (If it
isn't there, rerun the Office setup from Control Panel > Add/Remove
Programs and choose to add Digital Certificate for VBA Projects (under
the Office Shared Features icon).

When you enter a name for the certificate, the program creates the
certificate and stores it in an encrypted location. (Commercial
certificates would be stored in the same place, but the method of
storing them is a bit different.) Now, when you open the digital
signature dialog in the VBA editor, you'll see the certificate with
the name you gave it, ready to apply.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Cannot add an RSS feed to Outlook
I was trying to add the rss feed - http://www.google.com/finance/company_news?q=NASDAQ:BMC&output=rss to outlook. But it fails with an error - The link may not point to a valid RSS source. I checked with other tools and it works fine. Also Checked with IE and Firefox, and am able to see the xml file. Is this is known problem or is there a workaround for this? I have no issues with adding it here. Have you applied all updates to Outlook 2007 already? Especially Service Pack 2 contained some fixes to RSS feeds. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configurin...

Install add-in using OCT
Hi, Is it possible to automatically install an add-in by using the OCT tool? By that I mean, create an msp file with the tool and then run the install from a command prompt. Or put another way, I want to run automatically another msi file after Outlook is finished installing. Dan ...

Windows 7 upgrade of XP Pro with IE 8 and getting Certificate Erro
My PC was recently upgraded from XP Pro with Windows 7 Pro and I also had IE running on my machine under XP. now when I browse to many sites I am getting a certificate warning message in IE. I can choose to continue on to the site (even though it says that is not recommended.). But this is VERY ANNOYING! Pleas help! I have tried adjusting many different IE settings, and verified the date-time is correct on my PC. This is happening on valid web sites. So far not very happy with this upgrade! Below is the error message I am seeing in IE: -----------------------------------...

add a new item to the context menu of Oulook
How to add a new item to the context menu of the Selection in outook contact list? Not possible. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "soja" <sojah@atinav.com> wrote in message news:013601c3d9a0$87887e50$a001280a@phx.gbl... | How to add a new item to the context menu of the Selection | in outook contact list? ...

20 digit number
I need to put an invoice number with the following format: #### #### ## ########## I have to use just 1 celd. The problem is that Excel 2000 just takes the first 15 digits and truncates to 0 the rest. For instance: Number introduced: 12347890123478961234 Number showed: 1234 7890 12 3478900000 Can someone solve this? Thank you very much. Regards. -- belitre ------------------------------------------------------------------------ belitre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=8896 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?thre...

My logo is not opening up in the signature.
Created a signature in Word and inserted a logo JPG file. But unable to view logo in Outlook. All I get is a box w/little red X in upper lt corner. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

how to add msn account to OE
Our ISP is comcast and we check our primary email through Outlook Express 6.0. We need to add our msn internet account to OE. I realize I need to use HTTP(versus POP3 for regular ISPs) for the the incoming email server type to accomplish this. I have two questions: 1. Should my HTTP mail service provider be "Hotmail" or "Other"? 2. What is the URL for my incoming HTTP mail server ? Unfortunately, the Microsoft KB for this article is currently not available. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks, Ram Hi , I found the following article, hope it answers you...

Add money to your Paypal account with OPRAH 6"ji
Read this message until the end, and you will find out how the money flows in easy !!!!. Follow the steps and it WILL work. Trust me !!!!!. It's NOT illegal and it is NOT a scam !!!!!. PROVEN ON OPRAH! Reported in the Wall Street Journal!!!! The only thing you need is : - E-MAIL ACCOUNT - PREMIER (FREE) or BUSINESS PAYPAL ACCOUNT - $6 on this account (The only investment) - 30 minutes of your time There is no limit on how much money you can recieve, and you haven't got anything to lose with this Business program. I will explain how it works !!!!!. Follow these 4 easy steps an...

How to Add arrows to a connector?
I followed the Visio instructions under "Add arrows to a connector" Select a connector > Format menu > Line > Line ends: choose arrow > OK But an arrow does not appear on the ends of the connector. And when I open the dialog box again, I see that the Line ends was not saved, it says "00::None". Am I missing something? I am using "UML Use Case" "Communicates" on Visio Professional 2003 Trial (11.3216.5606) Thank you. Never mind, I found the answer: Check the ‘is navigable’ box. "wolfv" wrote: > I followed the Vis...

Add image over other images
Hey guys, Basically I have two pictures: A map (quite a large picture) A symbol (quite small and to be placed over the map at specified points) Anyone have any idea how I could go about this? Thanks in advance for any help! Am 05.05.2010 05:51, schrieb bourkeyo: > Basically I have two pictures: > > A map (quite a large picture) > A symbol (quite small and to be placed over the map at specified points) > > Anyone have any idea how I could go about this? Take a look at the following classes/methods: 'Bitmap': Constructor and 'Save' m...

Is it possible to add CView inside CFormView?
Hi, i would like to add CListView inside CFormView.the list adding to the database but not showing in the list to the user.Is it possible to add?.. You would use a CListCtrl instead. It's in the toolbox and you can drag and set it up and use much of the functionality of a listview, but you can also have other controls on the dialog as well. Tom "srikadi" <srikadi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:9501fa74-679e-47b9-8813-db0b55cd376a@c2g2000pra.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > i would like to add CListView inside CFormView.the list adding to the > database bu...

Automatically Add Rows
Is it possible to have Excel automatically add rows, ideally a new row each month? I know you can use dynamic ranges to increase the range each month, but I'd like it to "physically" add a row in addition to this, so that I don't have to manually insert a row every month. Also I posted this on another forum without a response, so here goes: is it possible to have Excel dynamically change (add/delete) rows given user inputs? My problem is that I have a lot of data and would like the user to be able to enter a given begin/end date and have excel only show the data from thos...

How to add more columns in Business Portal?
Hi, In BP 2.5, BP -> Purchasing -> Requisitions -> select a vendor, then I got data in nine columns: Item Number, Descriptrion, Required By, Price, Quantity, Unit, Extended Price, Requisition ID, and Site. How can I add one more column, Created By, into it? What permission do I need to have to do it? Thanks for your attention and help. stien ...

how do i get excel to add 0s???
Hello everyone - I am desperately in need of help: I have a workbook with missing dates and would like excel to insert any missing dates and add 0's into that missing dates if there is no data.. For example: Column A ------ Column B ------- Column C 1/6/2006 ------- CompanyA ------- 25 1/6/2006 ----------CompanyA ------- 50 1/7/2006 --------- CompanyB ---------100 1/8/2006 ----------CompanyB -----------125 1/9/2006 ----------CompnayA -----------52 1/9/2006 ----------CompanyA ----------50 1/10/2006 --------CompanyB ---------- 200 With the example above I would like excel to recogniz...

How to add an edit box to a CStatic by prog
I Have a CStatic and I want to know how to add a Edit box not by using the visual IDE but by programmtion. I am building an ActiveX control derived from a CStatic and I want to add a Edit Box. Any idea ? You can create any window dynamically using Create/CreateEx. See MSDN for help on this. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "mosfet" <tricubes@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:c15dsn$tdq$1@news-reader1.wanadoo.fr... | I Have a CStatic and I want to know how to add a Edit box not by using the | visual IDE but by programmtion. | I am building an ActiveX contr...

Add new field to grid
I have added the Customer Ship to Address to the RM Customer Inquiry grid. I need to create VBA code to populate this field. In a grid window, where do I open the data base and at what point do I read the table to populate this field. Thank you Amy Hi Amy Using the Window_AfterOpen event, you will need to use RetrieveGlobals to obtain the login credentials, then ADO to open a connection to the SQL server. You close the connection on the Window_AfterClose event. Then on the Before_LinePopulate event on the Grid form, you perform the actual SQL query. I have an example you can have ...

Signatures #35
I have several email accounts and there is one that I want to use a signature with. I set it up and worked fine, the problem is that the signature showes up on my other accounts and I do not want that. Does anyone have any suggestions. Michael "Michael" <genealogy6@verizon.net> wrote in message news:03E26C64-62E8-44E5-B31F-8CC64166B617@microsoft.com... >I have several email accounts and there is one that I want to use a >signature with. I set it up and worked fine, the problem is that the >signature showes up on my other accounts and I do not want that. ...

Getting signature file name/location
Hi Is there a way to programmatically get the file name and location of the currently set outlook signature? Thanks Regards what version of outlook? sigs are stored in a signature folder under C:\Documents and Settings\username\ - but you need to read the registry to know which is used or set as default (ol2003). -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outloo...

2004 Spelling tool does not add words to custom dictionary
Office 2004's spelling tool has stopped adding words to the custom dictionary. The "Add" button is grayed out. Otherwise, the spelling tool and my custom dictionary work fine in the several programs of Office 2004. Your counsel, please? Respectfully, Norm Problem solved. The alias to my custom dictionary apparently became corrupted or broken when I ran a cache cleaner. A new alias fixed it. Norm On 2/16/05 12:00 PM, in article BE38E664.9777%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote: > Offi...

How to add fotnotes to a book in Publisher
Please, Can somebody tell me how to add footnotes and endnotes to a document in Publisher 2003? I am trying to edit a book in Publisher and when I import Word documents with footnotes and endnotes, they disappear in the publisher file. How to instruct Publisher to manage these features? Thank you for your help. LLL Publisher doesn't support footnotes. Word may be a better option. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Lyonel L" <lyonNSM_laviolette@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uvix4YE1EHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Please, > Can somebody tell me how to add footnotes...

Auto-Replenishment Add-on for RMS
We are looking for an add-on that can help automate the replenishment of stores inventories on a weekly basis that goes beyond Worksheet 330. If you have or know of a more sophisticated product, please let me know. Feel free to email me at sales@retail-automation.com or call to 972-241-0765. Thanks very much. ...

Outlook 2000 Signature via Automation
Using automation to send emails from Access 2K through Outlook 2K. All works well except the signature that would normally be added to the email (if creating manually) is not included in the message. Is there a way to include the default signature when using automation? If so, sample or explanation please? If not, can it be done in later versions of Outlook? TIA -- Alphonse Giambrone Email: a-giam at customdatasolutions dot us See http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=162 for a code sample that should help. Please do not crosspost. There is a newsgroup specifically for general...

How do I add favorites for Excel 2003 users on a terminal server
This is pretty important to my users. In 2000 it was there by default (File>Open on the left hand side the big icons). How do I get the same thing to happen in 2003? There are several files that they only use once a month that have monster long UNC's to access. I'd really like to get this fixed. ...

Can't add files to Media Player!
I'm getting REALLY frustrated with MP11! It's easy to go online and find audio files but I can't figure out how to add a bunch of mp3 files I've created on my computer! Where's HELP in the program? I told it to check the directory where I have these files, but that's not working! There's no menu option to "add files??" Arrgh! On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:41:01 -0800, Bob Munk <Bob Munk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm getting REALLY frustrated with MP11! It's easy to go online and find >audio files but I can...

Can't Add Shapes (or do anything!)
I've installed the 60-day trial of Visio and can't get anything to work. When I try to drag-and-drop shapes into the grid/page, my mouse changes to the crossed arrows icon, and I can't drag & drop anything onto the page. Most of my options in the menus are also greyed out (including options under New, Save, etc.) HELP! ...