How can I update all fields in a document?

I have a AutoNew() macro which sets some custom properties which are
displayed in my template text in the body and header of the document.
When the macro ends, the field values are not current.  Is there a way
to update all fields?
0
Chris

You can do it by toggling to and from print preview (provided update fields
is set to run on printing) or use the myupdatefields macro at this link:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Field_Macros.htm

Chris Nelson wrote:
> I have a AutoNew() macro which sets some custom properties which are
> displayed in my template text in the body and header of the document.
> When the macro ends, the field values are not current.  Is there a way
> to update all fields?

0
Greg
11/13/2009 6:00:40 PM
> > I have a AutoNew() macro which sets some custom properties which are
> > displayed in my template text in the body and header of the document.
> > When the macro ends, the field values are not current.  Is there a way
> > to update all fields?
>
> You can do it by toggling to and from print preview (provided update fields
> is set to run on printing) or use the myupdatefields macro at this link:
>
> http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Field_Macros.htm

Perfect!  Thanks.
0
Chris

can't send or receive emails

Access 97 can't resize database window

How can I get 32-bit Integers?

Worksheet Auto update
I need to find a way to automate a process. Is there a way to automatically replace the content of a worksheet with the content of another one? Every morning I get a sales report in excel for the previous day sales. I save it in a folder and then I do a pivot table on this sheet to determine sales by product category for example. The following day, I open the previous day file, replace the sales report with the new one and then refresh my pivot table. Is there a way to have my sales report update anytime I get a new sales report? To be more clear I have a workbook with two tabs: Pivot...

Retreive document
I have overwritten & saved a document. Is there a way to get back the old ducument if it wasn't saved? Carolyn, Not that I am aware of but you should probably scroll a wee bit further down in the Microsoft interface to the Word newsgroup. -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Carolyn" <Carolyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BA8FFA7-291B-45FB-90F1-E693DE1F7B53@microsoft.com... I h...

Can you delete Business Alerts?

Office 2007 forms

Table link documentation

Field Service Calls and Invoices
We use the Service Call modules for repairs in our Stores and have a situation that I'm trying to find a workaround. We have situations where our technicians will pick-up items without prior notification to our dispatchers. All of a sudden we get an invoice and currently we have to track down the charge and then we are forcing a PO into the system from the Service Call in order to properly receive and enter the invoice. Does anyone have other ways to do this and track the information/cost on the Service Call without needing to create a PO after the fact. This is not an applicat...

can I snap wrap points to a text box

Why ClassWiard can't see my Class?
I created a class(Class-A), derived a class(Class-B) which derived from CWnd class. When I used mouse right-click on the new-created class, it shows a popup-command-menu which missing "add virtual function" and "add windows message handler". From ClassWizard I couldn't see the new-created class either. I tried to delete myprogram.clw & re-issue ClassWizard, but it doesn't help. Anyone can help ? Thanks, Eagle "EagleChen" <xx@xx> wrote in message news:uRGde941DHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I created a class(Class-A), derived a class(C...

[ANN] Office 11.3.8 update

Updating a chart Automatically

Publisher can not save file

Updating Credit Card Information
I have been trying counless times to update my credit card information from several Banks, but Money states that the system is unaavaible or the transaction cannot be completed at this time. What can I do to correct this problem. On 2005-03-23, Lou <Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have been trying counless times to update my credit card information from > several Banks, but Money states that the system is unaavaible or the > transaction cannot be completed at this time. What can I do to correct this > problem. Well it depends on how long you've been tr...