How can I customize the right-click context menu in Word 2007

I use cut & paste of imported text a lot in both Word 2007 and Excel 2007. In
Excel the right-click context menu includes Paste Special; in Word it does
not. How can I add Paste Special to the Word context menu?

See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Word2007_SC_Menu_Programatically.htm

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Steve Samson" <SteveSamson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I use cut & paste of imported text a lot in both Word 2007 and Excel 2007.
>In
> Excel the right-click context menu includes Paste Special; in Word it does
> not. How can I add Paste Special to the Word context menu?

1
Doug
12/4/2009 12:31:19 AM
On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 13:48:02 -0800, Steve Samson
<SteveSamson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I use cut & paste of imported text a lot in both Word 2007 and Excel 2007. In
>Excel the right-click context menu includes Paste Special; in Word it does
>not. How can I add Paste Special to the Word context menu?

See
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Word2007_SC_Menu_Programatically.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Viewing error: can only see in Full Screen
Hi all, TIA for the help. I've had 2 users in the last month or so say that when they open their sheet, it only displays a grey screen. Once i flip it to View > Full Screen, the sheet comes up. Any solutions? Thanks, Kevin M ...

can i delete the last 3 characters in each cell in a column in 1 .
I have a column of names followed by a number. Obviously the names are of different lengths but the numbers are consistent, so i need to remove say 8 chars from the right of each filed in the column. I'm sure I have done this before but can't remember how! D'oh! In an empty column, enter this formula (assuming your names are in column A and all the numbers are 8 characters long) =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1) - 8) - works if there are no spaces between the name & numbers =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1) - 9) - works if there is one space between the name & numbers "homer" wrote:...

Custom stationary
Hi How can I add a header and a signature to emails when using word as my default email package in Outlook 2000? Thanks Peter Peter Downes <pjtdownes@hotmail.com> wrote: > How can I add a header and a signature to emails when using word as my > default email package in Outlook 2000? Customize the EMAIL.DOT template. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me. ...

track changes window is too big...can't select "okay" or "apply"
I can't scroll down and window is already moved to the top of the screen? Does anyone know what I can do? I can't think what you mean by "track changes window"? Do you maybe have your changes in a panel instead of underlines & strikeouts within the text? Version of Word? On Jan 20, 12:07=A0pm, gg <g...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I can't scroll down and window is already moved to the top of the screen?= =A0 > Does anyone know what I can do? ...

Excel; How can I use Query to create lists from separate workbooks
Hello, I have 5 worksheets in 1 workbook with purchasing data in them. The sheets have some different fields, but all contain a Filing No, Date, Vendor Name, Description, Department No, Account No, and Amount. I would like to pull the above information and place it into a master list based on Department No. and Account No. criteria (Ex; If (DepartmentNo=431110 and AccountNo=560420) = True, then insert into list) I thought that creating a database query was a promising solution. Unfortunately I cannot get it to work. I can get query to properly pull entries from a single sheet. W...

Outlook Custom Button
Hi All, Is there a way to add a custom button to Outlook 2003 SP-2 standard tool bar and have it replicate to all the users in the domain? Thanks CG You'd need to add it using a script or vba and push it out via a logon script. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cen...

[onenote 2007] set task deadline and reminder
hi guys, I'm using onenote 2007, I would like to set a task deadline without using outlook activity because I use mozilla thunderbird. How can I do that? Moreover how can I set a task reminder? -- serbring You can set a task item without Outlook, sure. But no reminders without Outlook - OneNote doesn't fire reminders. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "undisclosed&qu...

Upgrade path from DPM 2007 SP1 to 2010
Hello! I have now a DPM 2007 SP1 running on Srv 2003 SP2 (64 bit). My goal is to perform an upgrade to DPM 2010, running on Srv 2008 R2. Is this supported directly or should i make a "temporary installation" to Srv 2008 (64 bit)? I've understood that i should first install the DPM 2007 on the new OS, then restore the old DPM database, after this do an in-place upgrade of DPM 2007 to 2010. Can i do these steps directly from 2003 (64bit) to 2008 R2? Thanks in advance! Direct OS upgrade may break the DPM and leave DPM in un-operational/un-recoverable state. ...

Excel 2007 Legend Key Problem
Hi, I currently have a bunch of files with stacked bar charts that were created in Office XP. I have 3 series in each but only need to display 2. When I add the legend and manually delete the third series it appears fine. However, when I save the file and reopen, the legend does not appear changed the blank series entry appears and the one I need disappears! I've been reading and I believe this is a known bug with Excel 2007 charts. Does anyone have a workaround? I need this ASAP so that we don't have to keep on making changes when we publish. Thank you ...

2007 outlook will not import my outlook 2003 pst files as too big
i saved my old 2003 pst files and tried to import into outlook 2007 on another computer. only part of the file imports and i recive a message saying the file is too big. As posted here on a daily basis, you dont import native outlook data, you open the data file(s) within outlook Data files should be located on the HD, eg Documents folder, with read only attribute off "patrick" <patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEE496F7-CC2C-4BA2-8CED-D984361C8ED7@microsoft.com... >i saved my old 2003 pst files and tried to import into outlook 2007 on > anot...

Disappearing Customers?
We have 22 implementations and all customers are set to global. recently a couple of locations have reported that customers seem to disappear from store operations. Anyone heard of this or have advice on how to potentially trouble shoot? Thanks, -Bill ...

Word wrap in the list box or ctrl list.
Hi! Is there a way to make a long line of text word wrap in the list box? I would like to move rest of text to second line if needed, but still be part of the same item. Thanks for any help! Second way: I would like that the whole item be visible when I do "on mouse over" this item which is visible only in small part. After I put cursor over my item (only part content is visible ) it should show all content. These are two slightly different questions. First: there are many ways of doing word wrap but I prefer the lazy way out. First, I do an owner-draw-variable listbox. I c...

Trying to delete multiple cells that contain a specific word (not equation)
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I've had to export a form from QuickBooks Online to Excel so I could manipulate it. Within a column there are 115+ cells that contain a specific word that I need to delete all those cells. Is there something as easy as find and delete, rather than find and replace? I can't believe that I have to delete each cell individually. On 3/9/10 10:52 AM, JeanM@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I've had to > export a form from QuickBooks Online to Excel so I could manipulate ...

Money 2000 Data File Not Converting Into Money 2007
When I open my old Money 2000 data file in Money 2007, Money offers to - and subsequently goes through the process to - convert it to Money 2007 format. It says that it's completed successfully, yet after it's finished, nothing's there !! No accounts, no bills - nothing !! And the original file has been changed or replaced (thank God I have backups !!!) because it won't go through the conversion process a second time if I try to open the file again. I haven't been able to apply SP1 and SP2 (see my other post in this forum) so I don't know if this issue is fixe...

word document not letting me type anything ..help please!
son doing MacBeth homework on word document.it has been saved,we need to add more stuff to it..BUT we can not get the text to work on it..can anyone help? Can you select text? If so, the simplest thing would be to just select everything (ctr + A) and copy and paste it into a new document. There are some other things you could try if that doesn't work. Which version of Word are you using? "lizzydove" wrote: > son doing MacBeth homework on word document.it has been saved,we need to add > more stuff to it..BUT we can not get the text to work on it..can anyo...

How can I create global hyperlinks?
Hello all, I have been working on a network diagram for my company. I want to be able to drill down from our overall server floor image to individual racks, by inserting hyperlinks into my drawing. However, the hyperlinks seemingly only work on my local computer, meaning that others would have to insert the hyperlinks themselves. Is there any way I can place a hyperlink on an object that can be seen universally? The drill down function would seem handicapped if there was no way to do such. Note: I think I've developed a workaround. I'm going to insert pages, copy and paste dr...

Rank function
You have a list of values in column A and you want their ranks (1 against the highest value and so on) in column B. The Rank function does this. However with tied values, the function gives such values the same rank - the lowest of the ranks they would have got. It would be much more useful to give tied values the mean of the ranks they would have got. (For example you'd have a check on the sum of the ranks.) Is it possible to do this? I'm reasonably sure this has been answered before. Check the google.com archives of the XL NGs. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel ww...

Can we change cell color programatically?
Hi all I'm using Excel 2003. Does Excel allow me to change the fill-color of a cell based upon the contents of that cell? For example: If the formula of a cell calculates its value to be less then, say, 100, I'd like to fill-color that cell to Green. Otherwise I'd like to color that cell with no color. Is this possible? Thanks -Mike Take a look at Format|Conditional formatting. You can specify up to 3 rules (and formats) as well as the "normal" format. Mike wrote: > > Hi all > > I'm using Excel 2003. > Does Excel allow me to change the fill...

Differences in Word between Office 2007 Editions
I want to buy Office 2007, but I don't want to pay for more than I need. I only require Word, Excel and Powerpoint, so I could theoretically buy the Home and Student edition. However!!!!!! With Office 2003, I bought the Small Business Edition, but the version of Word in that was not the "full" version. I wanted to edit XML files and I discovered the following text via the help function: "XML features, except for saving documents as XML with the Word XML schema, are available only in Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 or the standalone product of ...

Undo in Excel 2007/Vista
How do I undo data entry in Excel cells? I must be brain dead because I can't find the undo/redo buttons like I had on my "old" Excel 2003/Win XP. I am a new user of 2007 and admittedly have a lot to learn. Samsea Samsea wrote: > How do I undo data entry in Excel cells? I must be brain dead because I can't > find the undo/redo buttons like I had on my "old" Excel 2003/Win XP. I am a > new user of 2007 and admittedly have a lot to learn. > > Samsea At the very top of the screen on the left side you should see the undo redo buttons. gls858 G...

Outlook 2007 and Hotmail
Hi, I have just downloaded Office 2007 from the Microsoft site, and upgraded from Office 2003. Now, when I open Outlook 2007, it tells me that it cannot connect to my Hotmail account, which worked perfectly through Outlook 2003. Specifically, the message says: A connection to the server cannot be established. http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp is now in offline mode. If I highlight one of the Hotmail folders (e.g. Inbox), and click File, Connect to Hotmail from the menu, nothing appears to happen - the cursor changes to an hourglass for about a second, then back to the ...

Can be done?
Hello all, ok i am a newbie yadda yadda and I have 4 tables that I want to be loaded into one datagrid depending on the users selection in a combobox. I have set AutoGenerateColumns="True" so that the datagrid can format the return data however it wants to. I have created a stored procedure that I want to take the value of the the combobox so that it knows the right data to return to the datagrid. Can all of this be done? I have am stopped at the point of when I click on the combobox i want it to call the SP and fill datagrid with dynamcic data. Every example i se...

Can I install vs2010 and vs2008 at the same pc?
I used VS2008 with frameword3.5. I want to install vs2010 beta2. Can I install vs2010 and vs2008 at the same pc? -- Message posted via http://www.dotnetmonster.com Hello, According to http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2009/10/19/vs-2010-and-net-4-0-beta-2.aspx it is supported... -- Patrice "aspfun via DotNetMonster.com" <u53138@uwe> a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion : a0ae4fb15d388@uwe... > I used VS2008 with frameword3.5. > > I want to install vs2010 beta2. > > Can I install vs2010 and vs2008 at the same p...

Can't import JPG in Word or Powerpoint, windows 7
Just downloaded windows 7 and now microsoft word and powerpoint won't import any of my jpgs. Any ideas??? Cortneyc If it was me, I'd re-install ms word and ms powerpoint (ms office?) cheers TAJ Simmons Powerpoint Wizard awesome graphics for powerpoint http://www.PresentationPictures.com powerpoint pictures, tutorials, free samples... "cortneyc" <cortneyc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:743A157B-29FA-4AD9-BB0B-6A2CEE78B7B8@microsoft.com... > Just downloaded windows 7 and now microsoft word and powerpoint won't > impor...

Can not compose or respond a message in OWA 2003
We are using Exch. 2k3 SP1 in a W2k3 Server. Our clients are XP SP2 and some of them can not compose a new message or respond a message because their IE got with a X in the field one is sopouse to write. I compared one "good" PC with one "bad" and all the IE settings are the same. We are using IE 6 SP1. PLease help me because I have used more than a day trying to get an answer but cnow am frozen. MR Marcos, I have the same problem but no solution yet. I saw your post after I posted my question. Here's the link to my message if you wanna keep an eye on it if someo...