Formatting "Caps" in a Style

Using Word 2007

Is it possible to include the changing of font case to Capitalize Each Word
in a paragraph style? I would like the text to appear as:

This Text Is In 'Capitalize Each Word' Case

I would also like to avoid the use of Shift+F3, if I can.

TIA
David

Word only has "paragraph" and "character" styles.  There is no "word" style,
which is what you would need to achieve what you are after.

The following code will capitalize each word of the selected text:

Selection.Range.Case = wdTitleWord

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Compass Rose" <CompassRose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using Word 2007
>
> Is it possible to include the changing of font case to Capitalize Each
> Word
> in a paragraph style? I would like the text to appear as:
>
> This Text Is In 'Capitalize Each Word' Case
>
> I would also like to avoid the use of Shift+F3, if I can.
>
> TIA
> David

0
Doug
1/21/2010 11:42:38 PM
As Doug points out, you can not do this with a property of a Style itself.
However, if you have an explicit Style that you want to end up having Title
case, you could apply that Style and then use:

Sub ChangeTitlecase()
Dim r As Range
Set r = ActiveDocument.Range
With r.Find
   .Style = "MyTitleCase"
   Do While .Execute(Forward:=True) = True
      r.Case = wdTitleWord
   Loop
End With
End Sub

Assuming the Style is named MyTitleCase, the above goes through the document
changing all .Found instances of MyTitleCase to have in fact Titlecase.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
>Word only has "paragraph" and "character" styles.  There is no "word" style,
>which is what you would need to achieve what you are after.
>
>The following code will capitalize each word of the selected text:
>
>Selection.Range.Case = wdTitleWord
>
>> Using Word 2007
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
>> TIA
>> David

Fumei2

caps problem
in some excel sheat i can't write "a" in cell. can only write the other letters. pls help thnx Does it convert to uppercase A? If yes, I'd look at: tools|Autocorrect Options|Autocorrect tab and remove the autocorrect entry that changes a to A. Yossi Cohen - RCS wrote: > > in some excel sheat i can't write "a" in cell. can only write the other > letters. > pls help > thnx -- Dave Peterson ...

CAPS and Date/Time formatting
Hello! I'm hoping the discussion group can advise me on a couple of formatting issues- I have a State field that is 2 characters with a format of " >". Great for data entry, but when the State in pulled into a report, the State does not appear in all capital letters. What is the correct formatting for all caps? I have a Date/Time field with this formatting: =(Format$([SchedDate],"Long Date",0,0) & " at " & (Format$([ShiftStart],"Medium Time"))) which gives me: Sunday, July 08, 2007 at 09:30 AM How can I format for: Sunday, July 8, ...

Auto correct the accidental use of cAPS LOCK. not working
I have OL2003 and have checked the box to auto correct the accidental use of cAPS LOCK. This doesn't work and I have to delete what I type and start again.(I'm a keyboard watching typer). are you using word or outlook as the editor? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Out...

Convert all caps to lower case
I am a new user. I have a new excel document that has two columns: First Name and Last Name. Under the "First Name" column, I have a list of 200 names in all caps. The same in the "Last Name" column. How do I convert the names to lower case (or initial caps and then lower case). I looked it up in the help menu, but I don't understand how to use a "function". Any help would be appreciated so that I don't have to rekey the names. Please be very specific since I am a new user. Thanks so much! -- RuBarb ----------------------------------------------------...

How to change sentence in Caps to upper & lower case
In Microst Word XP, How can I change a sentence which is in all capitals to one that is in upper and lower case without having to retype it all? Shift+F3 -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Tallymej" <Tallymej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94CDC803-D844-4D49-87D6-B6381129D71B@microsoft.com... > In Microst Word XP, How can I change a sentence which is in all capitals > to > one that is in upper and lower case without having to retype it all? Format |...

ALL CAPS FONT
Id there a font in Excel that will caps everything or is there a way I can do that..I exported some things feom Access to Exel and it put in lower case...? In excel u can use the UPPER function to convert a lowercase string of text to uppercase. Assuming your text is in cell A1, u could type =UPPER(A1) in an adjoining cell. "Bean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B9702AA-3022-4E9E-B83E-EE4D5E7FB7B0@microsoft.com... > Id there a font in Excel that will caps everything or is there a way I can do that..I exported some things feom Access to Exel and...

In Excel, changing a range of cells to all caps.
I would like to know how to change a range of cells from mixed- or lower-case to all upper-case in Excel. Hi, in another column enter =upper(A1) I assume that A1 is the cell where you have the text, copy formula down "antonioejones612" wrote: > I would like to know how to change a range of cells from mixed- or lower-case > to all upper-case in Excel. By formula............see UPPER function in help By macro.............. Sub Upper() Dim Cell As Range Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each Cell In Selection Cell.Formul...

All CAPS #2
How to do in excel ALL CAPS command like in WORD.To make small caps Big? I found some function upper but i cant do it in same cell? Hi Radenko > I found some function upper but i cant do it in same cell? Code is the only way in Excel See this webpages http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm Or http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm Here is a macro for changing text cells in the selection Sub Uppercase_macro() Dim selectie As Range Dim cel As Range On Error Resume Next Set selectie = Range(ActiveCell.Address & "," & Selection.Address) _ .Spe...

Convert to Caps
Hi, If a user is entering any Text ,I want to convert all text in CAPS automatically. -- Cheers! Ashish Srivastava Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Column > 4 Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo ErrHandler Application.EnableEvents = False Target.Formula = UCase(Target.Formula) ErrHandler: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub As written Works on columns A:D only. Change the > 4 to a higher number for more columns. This is event code. Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code". Copy/paste the code into that sheet module. ...

how do i eliminate "Caps Lock"
With XP I was able to disengage "Caps Lock" so that my poor typing would not hit the Caps key AND END UP LIKE THIS WHEN I LOOK UP> HELP! See http://www.randyrants.com/sharpkeys/ Use sharpkeys to re-assign the function of the Caps Lock Key -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Challenged Bob" <Challenged Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93D4146D-E2E7-4D34-9B2B-3009588...

Caps Lock vs Lower Case
Hi, I need to convert cells that was typed in caps lock only, to lower case. How do I do this without having to retype the whole cell?? =LOWER(A1) If you want to put it back in the original cell, Copy, and then Edit/ Paste Special/ Values -- David Biddulph "JB" <JB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F91ABBE-211D-4CAB-BC4F-4D1593EE0832@microsoft.com... > Hi, I need to convert cells that was typed in caps lock only, to lower > case. > How do I do this without having to retype the whole cell?? Use the below formula to convert to l...

Format a cell to display as all caps
Is there any way to format a cell so that text entered will always display in caps? Hi Not Directly !......but you can use the UPPER function. If your data is in A1, put =UPPER(A1) in A2. This will convet whatever you type in A1 to Uppercase in A2 HTH Michael "WAF" wrote: > Is there any way to format a cell so that text entered will always display in > caps? No. You cannot format a cell to display caps. You can use event code in the worksheet to change the text to caps when you enter it. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Column &g...

How do I make some columns all caps and others proper?
I am new to excel and do not have macro experience. I wd like to make columns 1-6 All Caps when i hit tab or enter. then I want another column to format proper caps when hit tabe or enter. I copied a macro from this forum to make the first 6 columns ALL CAPS which is working beautifully, see following: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Column > 6 Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo ErrHandler Application.EnableEvents = False Target.Formula = UCase(Target.Formula) ErrHandler: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub How do i now make column 7 format proper? ...

How do I set default for envelope to all caps?
I would like to set my DEFAULT for envelopes to be all caps. After typing a letter, then going to "mailings" and picking envelope, the address comes up in the envelope space, however it is not caps. When I choose the options, then all caps, I click on default. A box comes up and says it will be the default on all new documents, however, when i do another letter, the envelope still does not come up as all caps. Modify the Envelope Address style to include All caps formatting: First create an envelope. After it has been created, the insertion point is inside an Envel...

Macro Shortcut keys w/ Caps Lock on Windows 2000
Running Excel 2000 on Windows 2000. Make a macro & set the shortcut key to Ctrl+Shift+N (or any letter). If you type Ctrl+Shift+N the macro works fine. If you have Caps Lock on and type Ctrl+Shift+N nothing happens and Ctrl+N just opens a new workbook (as it normally does). Now change the shortcut key to Ctrl+N and these run the macro: Ctrl+N Ctrl+Shift+N with Caps Lock on On windows 98 the macro shortcut keys ignore the Caps Lock. In Word for both Windows 98 & 2000 the shortcut keys ignore the Caps Lock key. Does anyone know why this happens on Windows 2000 and how to fix i...

Convert names into initial caps
Hi there, I have a column of names like SANDRA, JIM that I would like to convert to Sandra, Jim etc but I don't know how to do it and there are 3500 of them. Is there anyway to do this without retyping them? Any help would be great. Thanks Connie Insert a column next to your data. In that column, enter the formula =PROPER(A1) and copy down as far as you need to go. Then, select those cells, copy them, select the first original cell, go to the Edit menu, choose Paste Special, and choose the Values option. You could also use a VBA macro. Sub AAA() Dim Rng As Range For Each Rng...

Auto correct the accidental use of cAPS LOCK. not working #2
I use OL2003 and have checked the box to auto correct the accidental use of cAPS LOCK. This hasn't worked has become very annoying.I use Outlook as the editor, not Word. OS is XPsp2 It is a Word feature so you must be using Word for this to work. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, swoffa asked: | I use OL2003 and have checked the box to auto correct the accidental | use of cAPS LOCK. This hasn't worked has be...

Formula to check for Init Caps (not just 'Proper')
I have a spreadsheet I want to extract some software titles from. I made the (good) assumption that Init Caps would get me there so used; =IF(EXACT(I2,PROPER(I2)), I2, "") The problem as any actually experienced programmers (which I am not) can immediately guess is that this does not catch; Word BigWord Word 4 Word Word ABCD Is there anyway to tweak this easily or am I stuck with some ridiculously complex nested code? I was liking the simplicity... Any suggestions appreciated. Sorry I Can’t able to understand what you are looking for. Can you please expla...

Won't Let Me Use Caps ?
Hello, Should have stayed with Excel '97 But, have upgraded to Excel 2007. Here's a weird one: I have a word in a cell. Nothing unusual; starts with a capital, then all small letters. Want to make it all caps. But, it won't let me ! I type in the word in caps and press Enter, and, and it reappears as before. If I delete the word first, and then type it in anew, same result. Other cells, no problem So, I guess this cell, and a few others, has somehow become reformattet, or locked, or...? What's going on, please ? Thanks, B. Robert11 wrote: > Hello, > > Sh...

All Caps on addresses in mail merge?
I have created a mail merge for post cards using a Publisher document. The address info is from an Access file. Is there anyway to convert the address in the merged file to all Caps or do I need to have it like that in the Access file first? High-light the <<Address Line field>> Format, Font, All Caps -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Susan" <dsnsacree@msn.com> wrote in message news:uPVcGLXUJHA.3648@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have created a mail merge for post cards using a Publisher document. The >address info is from an Access file. Is t...

How do I make all caps in a column of any spreadsheet?
I need to enter a formula so a specific column on my spreadsheet will haave all CAPS. I need step-by-step to enter this formula. Can anyone help? You can't change to all caps with a formula, you can use a help column where you put the formula, assume that A1:A200 are the values you want to have in caps, if B1 is not empty select B and insert a new column, then in B1 put =UPPER(A1), copy down 200 rows, select and copy then paste special as values, finally delete column A and the help column will be A Otherwise you have to use a macro http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm...

the caps lock is stuck. How do I release it?
I pressed some key on my keyboard without realizing and and now the Caps Lock key is stuck in my calendar use and it will not release even when I click it. What do I do? Seems like the Caps Lock key is broken. Have you tried a different keyboard? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "tama" <tama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E53BCBB-9A8F-4976-B976-2A54D7770ED7@microsoft.com... >I pressed some key on my keyboard without realizing and and now the Caps Lock > key is stuck in my calendar use and it will not r...

Format Excel cells for "all caps", with Office 07?
How do I format Excel cells for "all caps", with Office 07? That is to say that I use an Excel form frequently, which has several cells that require a single alpha character fill in. When the form prints, the lower case characters appear small and less predominant then the body text and numbers. Thanks for your suggestions. My best suggestion is to simply use the Caps Lock key. That's what it's for. If that doesn't work, you can use the Upper function, either in the worksheet or in VBA, to change data to upper case. Regards Fred "Louisana Jim&q...

How do I change from all caps to regular for existing data?
I received a spreadsheet from a client, I need to change the data from all caps to regular, I have tried applying a different style, clearing formats .....any suggestions? It depends what you mean by "regular", but your could try the =Proper and =Lower functions. Either that, or create a macro to change the cells to your preference. -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "CL Johnson" <CL Johnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:434CF63F-11D0-4E28-A234-4C5F20395F22@microsoft.com... >I received a spreadsheet from a client, I ...

OWA login question; being forced to include domain name in all caps
I have two Exchange OWA servers, one that I just added and another that is being retired. On the retiring system, I had set OWA so that users could just add their user name and password to log in, and it worked just fine. But, on the new system, even though I set the server to use the default domain (in IIS), when users log in, not only to they have to preface their user name with the domain name, the domain name must be in ALL CAPS. I'm a bit mystified by that, and I'm sure I've just left out some small detail, but I can't figure out what it is. Any suggestions? Thanks. ...