Duplicating text in Word 2007

Hi, I've got a template I previously did for Word 2003 where I basically had
several {macrobutton nomacro Type something here} fields.

Now, in Word 2007, I see I have the option to actually add a Text content
control, which looks fantastic :)

BUT, is there a way of making it so that if I type something in one content
control, the same text value is automatically added into the second one as
well? Or even a third? How can I do that?

Found out that if I insert a comment field and copy that field, they both
work as I want! Yay! But, the comment field I insert via the Insert tab and
the text content control both look very similar. But I can't get it to work
the same way if I just copy a text content control. Are there any difference
between these two?

I basically just need this functionality in the template because I have
several places where the Title of the report needs to be written. And so that
users don't have to type it more than once.

See:  http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm and
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Mapped_Content_Control.htm

"Kenny Bones" <KennyBones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Found out that if I insert a comment field and copy that field, they both
> work as I want! Yay! But, the comment field I insert via the Insert tab
> and
> the text content control both look very similar. But I can't get it to
> work
> the same way if I just copy a text content control. Are there any
> difference
> between these two?
>
> I basically just need this functionality in the template because I have
> several places where the Title of the report needs to be written. And so
> that
> users don't have to type it more than once.
>
> "Kenny Bones" wrote:
>
>> Hi, I've got a template I previously did for Word 2003 where I basically
>> had
>> several {macrobutton nomacro Type something here} fields.
>>
>> Now, in Word 2007, I see I have the option to actually add a Text content
>> control, which looks fantastic :)
>>
>> BUT, is there a way of making it so that if I type something in one
>> content
>> control, the same text value is automatically added into the second one
>> as
>> well? Or even a third? How can I do that?

0
Greg

Junk E-Mail Options in OL 2007
I have checked the box "permanently delete suspected junk e-mail instead of moving it to the junk e-mail folder", but I still get a lot of junk in my junk e-mail folder. I think I understand why, but I would like to confirm. I am on an exchange 2003 server. I assume that whatever filter the exchange server applies is before any filter that my computer would apply. I assume exchange is putting those emails into my junk e-mail folder, while any junk my local Outlook catches, it will just delete according to my preferences? I would sure like to just not ever have anything go into t...

Outlook 2007 printing is slow
The President of our company called us up to his office this morning because his Outlook 2007 took 20 seconds to print out an email. He said it was printing fine on Friday. He's using Winxp sp3 with Microsoft Office 2007. The computer is only two months old. We printed to two different printers and that narrowed it down for us that Outlook 2007 had a problem. We ran a Office diagnostic and everything was fine. Word prints fine to both printers. We checked the print drivers and they are up-to-date. We even did a system restore and it still didn't work. The last updates he had were from ...

Word default paper size- networked user accounts
Word 2004- processors various, OS 10.5 How do I get Word to default to A4 (instead of US letter) for networked accounts? Hi Jeremy: The succinct answer to this is "By ensuring that your operating system locality preferences are set correctly before you install." Microsoft Office picks up all its global settings from the "Language and Text" system preferences in OS 10.6 (I think they were called something else in 10.5). If this has been done wrongly at installation, you need to set the System Preferences correctly and then delete the individual user's...

Excel 2007
Hi all, We have a spreadsheet that was set up to link to a database via a system DSN. To simplify deployment of this, I'd like to change this to connect via the connection string below: DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=xxx;UID=xxx;PWD=xxx;DATABASE=xxx; I've done this for another spreadsheet, and it was easy (Data tab- >Connections->Properties), but in this next spreadsheet the Connection Properties for one connection are greyed out/disabled, so I can't change the string. Does anyone have any ideas how to enable these values again so I can change the connection string? thanks! ...

Can I add additional emoticons to Communicator 2007?
I would like to increase the available emoticons in Communicator 2007. Anyone know how? AFAIK, you can't but this would be better asked in the Communication server forums. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do you use? http://forums.slip...

Parse multiple text lines into 1 line in excel
help. I am an excel beginner and can't find out how to turn multipl lines of text into 1 row in excel. It's probably really easy but m manual is USELESS. Can anyone help ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com debbie You're a little short on details. If nothing below fits the bill post back. "Multiple lines" is how many and is each line in a separate cell down one column? Do you want all lines to go into one cell? You can use this form...

Losing all formatting in Excel 2007 files
I have Office 2007 running on an XP desktop and a Windows 7 laptop. I work on an Excel .xlsx file on my desktop but when I open it on my laptop all of the formatting is lost. I have had this exact same problem except vista to xp. I wouldn't lose all of the formatting, but some words would would be on different lines. Other things I have noticed is that my Office 2007 on Vista doesn't always have the same fonts as on my Office 2007 XP. I think the formatting issue is more of a compatibility issue. ...

Viewing completed taks in outlook 2007
Is there a way of viewing all your completed tasks, the ones that are not being displayed. Once the task has been completed then this task is removed from the current view. The current view is ordered by categories, then priority and then by date. Many thanks in advance Hemant Have you tried changing the view to not filter out completed tasks or using another view. The Completed Tasks view will show those tasks "HB" <hemant.babbar@logicacmg.com> wrote in message news:1168964637.905306@ernani.logica.co.uk... > Is there a way of viewing all your completed tasks, th...

Save word 2003
I run windows XP with word 2003. I recently performed a system reset with some back up software. After which word 2003 wouldn't save any documents. There is 2G of memory left on the C drive so it's not lack of space. I've read other strings about this but can't find a solution, a previous string talked about removing "Security Update for Windows XP (KB908531)" but I don't have this in my list of updates (this advice was from 2006 though?) Any help greatly appreciated. See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then repair Office 20...

When launching Excel 2007 the VB debuger always opens
I am testing Excel 2007 Beta 2 on two computers. On one of them, XP SP2 there is no problem. On the other, 2003 Server SP1, each time I open Excel a VB window opens up, with a message that says "Compile error: Cant find project or library." If I close that window I get a message saying that the debugger will stop. If I close that, Excel reacts normally. Any suggestions? Thanks ccoates@gfs.com Hi Chris, Do you have any templates loading on the second computer? Any add-ins? What is shown in VB itself when you see the error message? Which module are you in? This sounds like...

inserting texts in cell based on conditions
Hi, I would very much appreciate if someone could help me solving a problem, illustrated by the following example: Column A B C 1 1 "LB" 2 1 "DK" 3 4 1 1 "LB/DK" If there's a 1 in column A, the corresponding cell in column C should get the text "LB" inserted into it. If there's a 1 in column C, the corresponding cell in column C should get the text "DK" inserted into it. If both column A and B have ones in them, the corresponding cell should get the...

Outlook 2007 Address Book 01-21-10
I've just installed Outlook 2007 and it's imported my address book from Outlook 2003 as a single list of contacts/addresses with 150 names! This is too unweildy of course, so I want to divide these up into about 6 or 8 separate groups according to the contact nature. The help advice online does give methods of creating sub-folders but I can't get either of them to work - would appreciate any workarounds please. -- Chris 1-9 (UK) "Chris 1-9" <Chris19@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50F25761-01EC-4EE5-A440-980E48511A8F@microsof...

Outlook and Word
I just had to reinstall Office XP and know, when I open Outlook a blank MS Word page come onto the screen. When I delete the page The Outlook screen is there. I uninstalled the office xp and reinstalled the program and the same thing happens. Is there any way I can get rid of this annoying problem Thanks in advance Tom Whalen ...

Can Access 2007 analyze w/Excel?
I have installed Office 2007 and I am not able to locate the option to Analyze a report with Excel. I was able to do this with Access 2003 and it would put all the data from a report into an Excel file. How do I do this in Access 2007? I do not see the option anywhere after opening the report. Thanks, CEV I forgot to mention that when I have the report open, The export to Excel option is greyed out as is the sharepoint list option right next to it. Thanks, CEV "CEV" <chadv@advancebkg.com> wrote in message news:fg52n601iel@enews5.newsguy.com... >I have installed...

2010 CAS and 2007 CAS same AD site
Hello all I have a 2007 sp2 CAS server and a 2010 CAS server located in the same AD site. On the 2007 CAS server i have changed the externalurl from https://mail.kbblab.com/owa to https://legacy.kbblab.com/owa, i left the internalurl at its default setting. On the 2010 CAS server the externalurl points to https://mail.kbblab.com/owa and i set the Exchange2003URL to https://legacy.kbblab.com/owa. The 2010 CAS server is using FBA authentication and basic with SSL. The 2007 CAS server is using NTLM and windowsintegrated for internaluathenticationmethods. I have created an ...

Can't read mail in reading pane of outlook 2007 if not in safe mode
Hi all! I have a problem since I installed the outlook 2007 beta 2. I receive mail as nice as possible, but when I want to read it, there is only the title, from whom and to whom data in reading pane. The mesage is, let's say "invisible" :) Anyone have the same prob? When I start outlook 2007 in safe mode, everything works OK. The only prob with safe mode is, that you always have to set the reading pane on and hide the big buttons.... We'll if anyone has a solution...I haven't find it... In the next week I will reinstall the system and see... maybe, just maybe I ...

Access 2007 runtime with sharepoint
Is there a way to use the Access 2007 runtime to do offline access with sharepoint? Either v2.0 or v3.0 Thanks in advance. andrew. ...

Duplicate Transations
I have seen several similar postings without a resolution. Why does MM05 create a duplicate transaction when downloaded from a bank of the same transaction manually entered through the bill pay function, even when the payee and transaction amount are exactly the same. To add to the frustration, the downloaded transaction contains a green checkmark and can not be merged with the manual transaction. Does anyone have a fix for this? "bhumpert" <bhumpert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9AF606E-5B6D-4AF9-9C5B-81E3EFB9A729@microsoft.com... >I have seen ...

Outlook Plain Text Setting
I am starting to move my users over to Outlook and Exchange 2003. I noticed that by default Outlook is setting the users up as HTML e-mail. Is there a way that I can set all of my users up with Plain Text for e-mail? Thanks, Jeff That is a user setting, of course, under Tools-->Options-->Mail Format You can use the following to ensure inbound email is read as plain text, and therefor replies will be plain text: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/plain_text.htm "Jeff Grossman" <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> wrote in message news:lcr542hthnrf6qfqikqrm4cdebs11ikuaa@4ax.co...

CSV formatted text file to Excel
Hi all, I am writing a small VC++ application of how to import the CSV formatted ..txt file to excel. I am facing problem while parsing the text file. "TicketNo","CarNo","PersonAge" 12534 , 763534 , 23 12345 , 624333, 24 The problem is in MFC there is a SetValue2(CoeVariant:column data) method in which if i will pass an array(12534) then it will be imported to excel.For example IfI will search for the "employee number" field in text file then the values passed to SetValue2()should be 12543 and 12345.But Using C++ I cannot do so as I...

Outlook 2003 with Word 2000 Editor
Does anyone know if you can use Word 2000 with Outlood 2003 to edit messages... I couldn't find a download on the web... If you are trying to use, inside of Outlook 2003, Word 2000 as the "editor" ... not possible. Need to use the same "family" together, e.g. Word 2003 with Outlook 2003, or Word 2000 with Outlook 2000. There is nothing to download. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms Brendan Shaw wrote: > Does anyone know if you can use Word 2000 with Outlood > 2003 to edit messages... > > I couldn't find a download on the web... ...

Money 2007 fails additional update
I am trying to use Money 2007 Premium on my new computer (Windows XP SP2) and it installs fine, but when I start Money it notifies me that an additional update is required. It looks like it downloads the files properly but fails the add'l install. I have tried the following: uninstall and install again turn off all virus protection (Panda) firewalls, etc. download directly from the web None of these have helped. I saw one article on this problem that said to remove a Core File, but I can not find it on my computer. Please help. -- Josie In microsoft.public.money, Josie wrote...

Outlook 2007 add-on
Hello everybody! Wonder is there any outlook 2007 add-on that can show related email messages (even if exchanged between 2, 3 or more persons), based on the similarity of emails' contents? I know Outlook 2007 has the option to arrange columns per "conversation" but if 2 messages have same content with different subjects, they are not included in the "conversation" display.. Any ideas here? Thanks in advance! Steve Tried Xobni? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal ...

Cusotm Office 2007 install for English, Spanish, & Chinese users
Hi, I'm working on creating a custom install of Office 2007 for my various sites. These sites include users that speak English, Spanish and Chinese. I am a bit confused on how to use language packs in order to provide multi-lingual support. From my understanding, I need to download the Spanish and Chinese language pack and place the .msp files in the Updates folder on my network install point? Does this mean when office gets installed on a Chinese computer it will be in Chinese automatically? Or does the user need to "flip a switch" to make it Chinese language? The ...

paste-linking annotating text boxes
I'm trying to insert an Excel chart into a PowerPoint presentation and link it dynamically. The data link is not an issue but I cannot find a practical way to paste the text boxes that were added to the Excel chart by way of annotation. Selecting and pasting the chart itself and the textboxes as if they were separate objects results in a distorted PowerPoint layout. Is my only choice to add the text boxes anew in PowerPoint? Select the chart prior to adding the textbox. The textbox then will be part of the chart, rather than just another drawing object floating above the worksh...