does windows XP Home Edition come with file converters

When I scan a document to Word it comes out scribbles

Scribbles?
--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

dennis1007 wrote:
> When I scan a document to Word it comes out scribbles

0
Graham

windows update 04-15-10
I am running windows vista on a MAC computer with VMWare Fusion. I cannot get the service pack 1 or internet explorer 8 update to run. i get error code 490 and 800704090 Too late now! Support for Vista Gold (no Service Packs) ended on Tuesday, 13 April 2010! Computers running Vista Gold "will no longer receive software updates from Windows Update" until SP1 has been manually installed (which will require several Prerequisite Updates to be installed first). See http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsvista/archive/2010/04/13/end-of-support-for-windows-vista-with-no...

Install FrontPage 2003 on Windows 7
i tried several times to install, the program told me it has been installed, but it is not. What can I do. On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 10:48:01 -0700, monising <monising@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i tried several times to install, the program told me it has been installed, >but it is not. What can I do. Please be more explicit about what you're doing, what you're seeing, and what error messages - if any - you are getting. I have FrontPage 2003 installed on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and it's working fine. Also, are you installing from original media? A...

Windows Live crap
About 4 days ago I noticed a site called Windows Live ID. It suggested to set up a profile and promised that with a single username and password you could log on to all Windows Live applications such as Hotmail, Windows Live Messenger, Windows Live Mail etc. etc. I thought what a good idea, not having to have 10 different usernames and passwords, so I used my old hotmail adress and username to set up a profile. But the ID said I coildn't use my hotmail for some reason, can't remember what. A few hours later I logged on to Windows Live Messenger as I have done for years, w...

Convert single colum/multiple rows to multiple colums.
Hi, I have a .dat file when opened with Excel it has 1 column and 7 rows per entry. I would like to delete some rows and convert the rest to something like. Any chance this can be done. It's quite large. 51,793 rows. TIA Jeff Col 1 Col 2 Col 3 Name Date Lenny Kravitz - 2000 - Greatest Hits -- Table: {2} { "music" "Name", "06/04/2008", "Lenny Kravitz - 2000 - Greatest Hits", }, --Table: {3} etc. etc. ...

Timestamp value of GINA window presentation
I am currently troubleshooting slow logon times for a client with computer infrastructure spread across the globe. Before I start invesagating I want to create a baseline for logon times. I have modified the clients logon script to record when it starts and when it ends. I am using the computers tick count to record how long the computer has been on, but realize that there is a space of time between the user authenicating to the computer (control-alt-delete) and when the logon script starts, if the customer turns his computer on and then leave for an extended period of time I ...

Junk button in windows live accidently pressed
Whenever I open up WLM i press sync automatically as a bad habbit. Because of the loading time, the junk button usually gets inserted before the sync button, pushing it out to the right after its loaded. I therefore accidently press the junk button by accident sometimes. This is a classic Microsoft HCI problem. Surely the button should be there but greyed out when you cant click it. Having buttons moving around in menus is bad in the same way popups are bad. So break your bad habit WLM will sync automatically when 1st opened peter -- If you find a posting or message...

automatically naming files for savingb

host unreachable after recent Windows Update
Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 Server, fully patched and running real swell until Wednesday morning. (Tuesday evening: applied the GDI+ patch: MS04-028.) Didn't find out until later today: internal e-mail is fine, inbound Internet e-mail is fine, but nothing goes out over the IMC. Each outbound e-mail generates Event ID 3010 warning message in the App log: host unreachable. But NSLOOKUP on that very server successfully resolve those same domain names, and ping gets replies. The only other software on this server: GroupShield 5.0 all up-to-date, and VirusScan 8.0.0 patch 1 push...

Batch converting leads to accounts
Is there a way to convert leads to accounts in batches? I need to convert up to 500 each day and don't have the time to go through them one at a time. Dave Lagergren On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 01:28:44 GMT, "Who Cares!" <whocares@freetidet.org> wrote: >Is there a way to convert leads to accounts in batches? I need to >convert up to 500 each day and don't have the time to go through them >one at a time. Only way is through the SDK. Write some code that loops through your leads and creates accounts, contacts and opportunities as needed and marks the lead as qu...

Issue installing FRx 6.7 on Windows 2003
I am encountering an unhandled exception error when attempting the installation. The installation prompts for the language, I select English, then Next. The progress bar makes it all the way to the right of the next screen, then I get the above error. This is a brand new quad CPU Dell OS is base WIndows Server 2003 Enterprise, not SP1 Only installed software is: IIS 6.0 (FTP, WWW, MSMQ) CA ArcServe (backup software) SQL 2000 Enterprise, Analysis Services, both at SP3a WinZip Acrobat 6.0 Reader Hello, Can you give us the exact error message you're receiving (all words and numbers fro...

Setting up my Outlook at home
How do I set up my Outlook 2003 to work from home, but leave the messages on the server (as I do at the office)? I right-click Outlook and choose Email accounts. I choose Microsoft Exchange Server. I put in our server and my user name. I also uncheck "Use Cached Exchange Mode", which is what I assumed was what would move the data to my machine (which I don't want). When I say click next, I get the Message: "Mail from this Microsoft Exchange Server account will be delivered to the existing Personal Folder on your local computer. If you wish to keep your mail on your server...

error message in Outlook after running windows and office updates
Hello, I am hoping someone can help me with this. When ever a few staff tries to send a new e-mail, a message "Do you want to save changes" come up and on the back of this message I see the spell checker box come up. The problem is that if you click on "no" on the error message, it comes up with another message something like "running out of memory". I just ran all the windows and office updates on all the machines in the company and so far two employees are having this problem. Is this something to do with the updates? Any suggestions? did you try ...

Deleted file in Outlook
I accidentaly deleted a folder in Outlook 2003 and am wondering if it possible to retreive it. Thank you, Karl youthminman@yahoo.com <youthminman@yahoo.com> wrote: > I accidentaly deleted a folder in Outlook 2003 and am wondering if it > possible to retreive it. Unless you permanently deleted it (i.e., held down Shift when pressing Delete), it will be in your Deleted items folder, unless you've emptied that folder. If you have emptied it, other suggestions depend on knowing what data store you're using (PST or Exchange mailbox). -- Brian Tillman ...

Bizarre background window behavior in Word
I am running MS Office for Mac 2008 (12.2.4) on a 2008 Intel iMac with the most recent version of Leopard OS. Since installing a recent upgrade to Mac Office 2008, I have been having a frustrating problem when I keep multiple documents open in Word. The active document will randomly be moved to the background, while one of the inactive open documents will randomly move to the foreground. Curiously, the inactive window now in the foreground actually remains inactive, and if I continue typing, the text is placed in the active window that is now hidden in the background. The only way to b...

Problem with secondary home pages GPO
I am trying to set and LOCK the users homepage and secondary home page, So when you launch IE it opens 2 tabs, and users can not change them. Seems like there are 3 places in GPO to set the homepage, but only one of them locks them So I have set \windows components\internet explorer\disable changing home page settings to be the home page I want, that works and lock the setting for the 1 home page. Then I also set the "disable changing secondary home page setting" to the 2nd tab I wanted, and this does not work whe I START IE, but it does work if I'm in IE and hit ...

Can't Convert Quicken 2001 Deluxe Data to MS Money 2004
First I tried to convert the Quicken Data using the MS Money 2003 OEM Version that came with the new computer I bought last week. Then I purchased MS Money 2004 Standard Edition and still couldn't convert my Quicken data. On the box, Microsoft says they offer a 30 day money back guarantee with no details about how to get your money back. Does anyone know how I can get my money back? Regards, John E. Golden ...

Home Theater Set Up
70-Watt Basic Stereo Speaker Volume Control Price:$32.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001AX084O Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001AX084O Monster Cable HDTV Accessory Bundle 2m HDMI Cable, Screen Clean, Surge Protector and Set-up / Calibration DVD Price:$149.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B0025X33GI Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B0025X33GI Allsop Home Theatre Optimizer - Home theater set-up disc Price:$24.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B00007E7BL Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B00007...

How do I convert csv to columns?
Can someone tell me (using Excel 2330) how I make a csv file which has semi colon separation points into columns? thanks After you open this file all of your data should be in column A, select this column and Data, Text to Columns, Delimited, by semicolon should give you the result you seek. plato Wrote: > Can someone tell me (using Excel 2330) how I make a csv file which has > semi > colon separation points into columns? > > thanks -- Bryan Hessey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelfo...

XML File Converter for MS 2004
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I'm a high school teacher. I write power points on MS 2004 on my Mac and transfer them to my school's PC that has MS 2003. This worked great, with exception of minor formatting changes, until a month ago. Power points that I previously opened on that PC, along with new ones, would not open - this is disasterous for instruction. My tech says 1) the school's PC may have had updates that caused the new problem and 2) that I should install the Open XML File Converter for Mac's MS 2004. I'm concerned tha...

Where can I find a Windows 7 newsgroup?
Sorry to post this here, but when I search the news.eternal-september.org for '7' (no quotes) I don't find anything. Nor when I search for "windows" TIA LAS alt.windows7.general Make sure you signed up with Eternal September correctly, or you will only see a small percentage of the available newsgroups. Also, right click on the newsgroup list and Reset it. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "LAS" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:i3fttq$7vd$1@news.eternal-september.org....

Money 2006 - Home page - spending tracker
I have a couple categories showing up in the spending tracker area that don't show up in the list when I click the 'Change the spending areas I watch closely' link so I can't turn them off. Why are these showing up? I.E. I want to see Automobile: Gasoline and Automobile: maintenance but I don't need Automobile: [all other] Same thing for utilities - I don't want the [all other] category. I only use the gasoline and maintenace sub categories ...

Can't open html format email in outlook xp
Dear all , I can't open and create html format emails in outlook XP . I think I lost some html and RTF components , I tried to reinstall the outlook xp and selected all the related options , but still can't work. Could anyone help me to solve the problem? Thank in advance Stanley ...