Creating bookmarks via VBA

Dear experts:

I wonder whether the following is possible

I got five text entries, each in its own paragraph

text1
text2
text3
text4
text5

With all 5 paragraphs selected is it possible to create 5 five
bookmarks automatically via VBA with the following names:

text1 (bookmark name: product_de)
text2 (bookmark name: product_en)
text3 (bookmark name: product_es)
text4 (bookmark name: product_fr)
text5 (bookmark name: product_it)

I hope this is feasible and not beyond  the scope of this forum.

Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Regards, Andreas
0
andreas

Hi andreas,

You could use code like:
Sub Demo()
Dim StrBkMk As String, i, x As Integer
StrBkMk = "product_de,product_en,product_es,product_fr,product_it"
x = 5
With Selection
  If .Paragraphs.Count < 5 Then x = .Paragraphs.Count
  For i = 1 To x
    .Paragraphs(i).Range.Bookmarks.Add (Split(StrBkMk, ",")(i - 1))
  Next
End With
End Sub

--
Cheers
macropod

"andreas" <andreas.hermle@gmx.de> wrote in message news:6f22bcf7-3972-4c0e-b8e3-4322dece4be5@u22g2000yqf.googlegroups.com...
> Dear experts:
>
> I wonder whether the following is possible
>
> I got five text entries, each in its own paragraph
>
> text1
> text2
> text3
> text4
> text5
>
> With all 5 paragraphs selected is it possible to create 5 five
> bookmarks automatically via VBA with the following names:
>
> text1 (bookmark name: product_de)
> text2 (bookmark name: product_en)
> text3 (bookmark name: product_es)
> text4 (bookmark name: product_fr)
> text5 (bookmark name: product_it)
>
> I hope this is feasible and not beyond  the scope of this forum.
>
> Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.
>
> Regards, Andreas
0
macropod
4/5/2010 7:42:40 AM
The following code will do it:

Dim i As Long
Dim bmnames As Variant
bmnames = Split("product_de,product_en,product_es,product_fr,product_it",
",")
With Selection.Range
    If .Paragraphs.Count = 5 Then
        For i = 1 To .Paragraphs.Count
            ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Add bmnames(i - 1),
..Paragraphs(i).Range
        Next i
    Else
        MsgBox "Please select only five paragraphs."
    End If
End With

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"andreas" <andreas.hermle@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Dear experts:
>
> I wonder whether the following is possible
>
> I got five text entries, each in its own paragraph
>
> text1
> text2
> text3
> text4
> text5
>
> With all 5 paragraphs selected is it possible to create 5 five
> bookmarks automatically via VBA with the following names:
>
> text1 (bookmark name: product_de)
> text2 (bookmark name: product_en)
> text3 (bookmark name: product_es)
> text4 (bookmark name: product_fr)
> text5 (bookmark name: product_it)
>
> I hope this is feasible and not beyond  the scope of this forum.
>
> Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.
>
> Regards, Andreas

0
Doug
4/5/2010 9:24:22 AM
On Apr 5, 11:24=A0am, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP"
<d...@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote:
> The following code will do it:
>
> Dim i As Long
> Dim bmnames As Variant
> bmnames =3D Split("product_de,product_en,product_es,product_fr,product_it=
",
> ",")
> With Selection.Range
> =A0 =A0 If .Paragraphs.Count =3D 5 Then
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 For i =3D 1 To .Paragraphs.Count
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Add bmnames(i - 1),
> .Paragraphs(i).Range
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Next i
> =A0 =A0 Else
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 MsgBox "Please select only five paragraphs."
> =A0 =A0 End If
> End With
>
> --
> Hope this helps.

> services on a paid consulting basis.

> "andreas" <andreas.her...@gmx.de> wrote in message

> > Dear experts:
>
> > I wonder whether the following is possible
>
> > I got five text entries, each in its own paragraph
>
> > text1
> > text2
> > text3
> > text4
> > text5
>
> > With all 5 paragraphs selected is it possible to create 5 five
> > bookmarks automatically via VBA with the following names:
>
> > text1 (bookmark name: product_de)
> > text2 (bookmark name: product_en)
> > text3 (bookmark name: product_es)
> > text4 (bookmark name: product_fr)
> > text5 (bookmark name: product_it)
>
> > I hope this is feasible and not beyond =A0the scope of this forum.
>
> > Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.
>
> > Regards, Andreas- Hide quoted text -

Hi Macropod and Doug,

thank you very much for your great help. Both code work almost as
desired. Is it possible to exclude the paragraph marks in the
selection?

Help is much appreciated.  Thank you very much in advance. Regards,
Andreas
0
andreas
4/5/2010 6:16:40 PM
Use:

Dim i As Long
Dim bmnames As Variant
Dim target As Range
bmnames = Split("product_de,product_en,product_es,product_fr,product_it",
",")
With Selection.Range
    If .Paragraphs.Count = 5 Then
        For i = 1 To .Paragraphs.Count
            Set target = .Paragraphs(i).Range
            target.End = target.End - 1
            ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Add bmnames(i - 1), target

> On Apr 5, 11:24 am, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP"
> <d...@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote:
>> The following code will do it:
>>
>> Dim i As Long
>> Dim bmnames As Variant
>> bmnames = Split("product_de,product_en,product_es,product_fr,product_it",
>> ",")
>> With Selection.Range
>>     If .Paragraphs.Count = 5 Then
>>         For i = 1 To .Paragraphs.Count
>>             ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Add bmnames(i - 1),
>> .Paragraphs(i).Range
>>         Next i
>>     Else
>>         MsgBox "Please select only five paragraphs."
>>     End If
>> End With
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
>> services on a paid consulting basis.

>> "andreas" <andreas.her...@gmx.de> wrote in message

>> > Dear experts:
>>
>> > I wonder whether the following is possible
>>
>> > I got five text entries, each in its own paragraph
>>
>> > text1
>> > text2
>> > text3
>> > text4
>> > text5
>>
>> > With all 5 paragraphs selected is it possible to create 5 five
>> > bookmarks automatically via VBA with the following names:
>>
>> > text1 (bookmark name: product_de)
>> > text2 (bookmark name: product_en)
>> > text3 (bookmark name: product_es)
>> > text4 (bookmark name: product_fr)
>> > text5 (bookmark name: product_it)
>>
>> > I hope this is feasible and not beyond  the scope of this forum.
>>
>> > Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.
>>
>> > Regards, Andreas- Hide quoted text -

> Hi Macropod and Doug,
>
> thank you very much for your great help. Both code work almost as
> desired. Is it possible to exclude the paragraph marks in the
> selection?
>
> Help is much appreciated.  Thank you very much in advance. Regards,
> Andreas

0
Doug
4/5/2010 9:55:28 PM
Hi andreas,

For my code, change to:
Sub Demo()
Dim StrBkMk As String, i, x As Integer, RngTmp As Range
StrBkMk = "product_de,product_en,product_es,product_fr,product_it"
x = 5
With Selection
  If .Paragraphs.Count < 5 Then x = .Paragraphs.Count
  For i = 1 To x
    Set RngTmp = .Paragraphs(i).Range
    With RngTmp
      .End = .End - 1
      .Bookmarks.Add (Split(StrBkMk, ",")(i - 1))
    End With
  Next
End With
End Sub

A key difference you'll note between my code and Doug's is that mine will work with any number of selected paragraphs, bookmarking
only as many as are eligible, whereas Doug's requires exactly 5 paragraphs to be selected.

--
Cheers
macropod

<d...@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote:
> The following code will do it:
>
> Dim i As Long
> Dim bmnames As Variant
> bmnames = Split("product_de,product_en,product_es,product_fr,product_it",
> ",")
> With Selection.Range
> If .Paragraphs.Count = 5 Then
> For i = 1 To .Paragraphs.Count
> ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Add bmnames(i - 1),
> .Paragraphs(i).Range
> Next i
> Else
> MsgBox "Please select only five paragraphs."
> End If
> End With
>
> --
> Hope this helps.

> services on a paid consulting basis.

> "andreas" <andreas.her...@gmx.de> wrote in message

> > Dear experts:
>
> > I wonder whether the following is possible
>
> > I got five text entries, each in its own paragraph
>
> > text1
> > text2
> > text3
> > text4
> > text5
>
> > With all 5 paragraphs selected is it possible to create 5 five
> > bookmarks automatically via VBA with the following names:
>
> > text1 (bookmark name: product_de)
> > text2 (bookmark name: product_en)
> > text3 (bookmark name: product_es)
> > text4 (bookmark name: product_fr)
> > text5 (bookmark name: product_it)
>
> > I hope this is feasible and not beyond the scope of this forum.
>
> > Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.
>
> > Regards, Andreas- Hide quoted text -

Hi Macropod and Doug,

thank you very much for your great help. Both code work almost as
desired. Is it possible to exclude the paragraph marks in the
selection?

Help is much appreciated.  Thank you very much in advance. Regards,
Andreas

0
macropod
4/5/2010 10:04:48 PM
On Apr 5, 11:55=A0pm, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP"
<d...@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote:
> Use:
>
> Dim i As Long
> Dim bmnames As Variant
> Dim target As Range
> bmnames =3D Split("product_de,product_en,product_es,product_fr,product_it=
",
> ",")
> With Selection.Range
> =A0 =A0 If .Paragraphs.Count =3D 5 Then
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 For i =3D 1 To .Paragraphs.Count
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Set target =3D .Paragraphs(i).Range
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 target.End =3D target.End - 1
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Add bmnames(i - 1), targ=
et
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Next i
> =A0 =A0 Else
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 MsgBox "Please select only five paragraphs."
> =A0 =A0 End If
> End With
>
> --
> Hope this helps.

> services on a paid consulting basis.

> "andreas" <andreas.her...@gmx.de> wrote in message

> > On Apr 5, 11:24 am, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP"
> > <d...@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote:
> >> The following code will do it:
>
> >> Dim i As Long
> >> Dim bmnames As Variant
> >> bmnames =3D Split("product_de,product_en,product_es,product_fr,product=
_it",
> >> ",")
> >> With Selection.Range
> >> =A0 =A0 If .Paragraphs.Count =3D 5 Then
> >> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 For i =3D 1 To .Paragraphs.Count
> >> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Add bmnames(i - 1),
> >> .Paragraphs(i).Range
> >> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Next i
> >> =A0 =A0 Else
> >> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 MsgBox "Please select only five paragraphs."
> >> =A0 =A0 End If
> >> End With
>
> >> --
> >> Hope this helps.
>
> >> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
> >> services on a paid consulting basis.

> >> "andreas" <andreas.her...@gmx.de> wrote in message

> > Hi Macropod and Doug,
>
> > thank you very much for your great help. Both code work almost as
> > desired. Is it possible to exclude the paragraph marks in the
> > selection?
>
> > Help is much appreciated. =A0Thank you very much in advance. Regards,
> > Andreas- Hide quoted text -

Hi Dough and Macropod,

terrific help from both of you. I really appreciate your support.
Thank you very much!
Regards, Andreas
0
andreas
4/6/2010 2:52:42 AM
On Apr 6, 12:04=A0am, "macropod" <macro...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> [...]
> > > text3
> > > text4
> > > text5
>
> > > With all 5 paragraphs selected is it possible to create 5 five
> > > bookmarks automatically via VBA with the following names:
>
> > > text1 (bookmark name: product_de)
> > > text2 (bookmark name: product_en)
> > > text3 (bookmark name: product_es)
> > > text4 (bookmark name: product_fr)
> > > text5 (bookmark name: product_it)
>
> > > I hope this is feasible and not beyond the scope of this forum.
>
> > > Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.
>
> > > Regards, Andreas- Hide quoted text -

> Hi Macropod and Doug,
>
> thank you very much for your great help. Both code work almost as
> desired. Is it possible to exclude the paragraph marks in the
> selection?
>
> Help is much appreciated. =A0Thank you very much in advance. Regards,

Hi Macropod,

.... and thank you very much for bringing the difference between the
two codes to my attention.
In my special case I can make use of both codes.
Thank you. Regards, Andreas
0
andreas
4/6/2010 2:56:30 AM
And (as usual) a possible alternative...

Sub MakeBM()
Dim oPara As Paragraph
Dim r As Range
Dim strBM_Name As String

For Each oPara In Selection.Paragraphs
   strBM_Name = InputBox("Complete the bookmark name using " & _
      "two characters. " & _
      "Example:  en" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & _
      "Bookmark will be:  product_en")
   Set r = oPara.Range
   r.MoveEnd Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=-1
   ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Add Name:=strBM_Name, _
         Range:=r
Next
End Sub

Some advantages.

1.  By using For Each, it does not matter the number of paragraphs selected.

2.  You enter the bookmark suffix ("en", "de") dynamically, rather than
having it hard-coded.

Gerry

--
Gerry

Fumei2
4/6/2010 7:56:10 PM
Plus...........you could add further logic so you do not even have to be
fussy about what is Selected, OR to be able to make larger selections.

Sub MakeBM()
Dim oPara As Paragraph
Dim r As Range
Dim strBM_Name As String

For Each oPara In Selection.Paragraphs
   If Left(oPara.Range.Text, 4) = "text" Then
      strBM_Name = InputBox("Complete the bookmark name using " & _
         "two characters. " & _
         "Example:  en" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & _
         "Bookmark will be:  product_en")
      Set r = oPara.Range
      r.MoveEnd Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=-1
      ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Add Name:=strBM_Name, _
            Range:=r
   End If
Next
End Sub

So, if you have:

text1
text2
Yadda blah Blah
Some other text you want to ignore
And even more
text3
text4
text5

The paragraphs starting with "text" get the bookmarks, the other do not.  You
can select the whole thing, but only the ones you want get the bookmarks.
Obviously, this logic could be expand in many directions.  Perhaps the length
of the paragraphs, or other identifiable text strings, or a date field, or....

Gerry

--
Gerry

Fumei2

excel vba
Is there a way to set up a workbook so that more than one user ca access the workbook at the same time. For instance, I have set up a invoicing program. When the user clicks on the shortcut to open th program, it automatically generates a sequential invoice number. have to go in and out of the program periodically throughout the da for certain purposes, and this is causing errors because whoever trie to go in second has to open the program read only. Is there some wa that user 1 can go into the program, and then have user 2 go into th same program without causing any read only situations ...

marked as not junk, set as safe sender and created rule
Hi i have a problem where i have my own website and it forward me emails when a person completes a field. trouble is when i get them they go to the junk email folder. junk is set to low and i have marked as not junk, set as safe sender and created rule many different rules to sent it to inbox and when i click apply now to current emails they move to inbox but all new ones after that go to the junk again.????????????? -- zugfrig1978 have you tried adding messages from that domain to the safe senders = list? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the d...

How do I create a default line weight in Publisher?
-- Leah L. Hinds Project Manager, Training & Support You can set a default for the present publication. Draw a line, select the line, right-click, format AutoShape, change the weight you want, check the box at the bottom of the dialogue. (Apply settings to new AutoShapes). -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "leahl" <leah@sharpbancsystems.com> wrote in message news:B74ECCA9-0388-413D-9D1E-15DBAEDBB3A4@microsoft.com... > > -- > Leah L. Hinds > Project Manager, Training & Support ...

How do I create a dual axes column chart in Excel
Hi...I am trying to create a dual axes column chart in MS Excel 2003. But the moment I add the secondary axis the bars are getting overlapped. Alok, This example should help: http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/excel/two_column_series_with_two_axes/ -- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Alok" wrote: > Hi...I am trying to create a dual axes column chart in MS Excel 2003. But the > moment I add the secondary axis the bars are getting overlapped. ...

Insert a square in a cell with VBA
Hi I have a list in Excel 2007. I want to put a square to the right of some of the list items. How can I do this with VBA. The end user will see the list on a printout with square/checkbox in the right column. The idea is that the end user should go thrue the list and mark/check the items that he agrees on Regards JayDe Norway Just put a border around the cell: Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 1/16/2010 by James Ravenswood ' ' Range("E8").Select Selection.Borders(xlDiagonalDown).LineStyle = xlNone Selection...

copying and/or bookmarking a chart?
From: "me" <someone@microsoft.com> Subject: Re: bookmark a chart? Date: Friday, August 26, 2005 2:59 PM Thank you, this was helpful, but doesn't quite solve my problem which I should have stated earlier. BookA has the hyperlink to a chart in BookB. I need to copy the chart from BookB into a new worksheet in BookA using VBA. How would I do that? Thanks again, Mike "Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message news:430F80A4.1060707@contexturesXSPAM.com... > You can't hyperlink to the chart sheet, but Jon Peltier has a macro > worka...

Adding a newly created Dialog box to a button
I dont know why but I just cant get it. I created a new dialog box. I want this dialog box to open with a button on the main dialog. Believe it or not I have done it before but drawing blank now ;( Thanks for the help. Open the dialog template in the resource editor, then drag and drop a button control from the toolbox. AliR. "Kahlua" <kahlua@right.here> wrote in message news:N7cHj.16$fq2.12@trndny03... >I dont know why but I just cant get it. > I created a new dialog box. > I want this dialog box to open with a button on the main dialog. > Believe it or no...

Cannot create custom entities or add attributes
When I attempt to create a custom entity or attribute, I get the "Error see System Administrator" error. I've attempted to turn on the Developer Errors, but the Developer Errors error box doesn't show up. Anyone have any ideas? We've had this problem as well.. this was because we deleted the System Customizer role... Although MS CRM does not prevent you from doing this, it will messup CRM. Someone from Microsoft helped us by providing the following script: This script is without warranty. I can't be held responsible for errors in this script (neither can'...

how do I create a booklet
File,Page setup, booklet.. In Publisher 2000 and below, file, page setup, special fold, booklet -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "joyal" <joyal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A463FB6F-DD9C-4887-9582-60D272A141F3@microsoft.com... > How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm How to Act Smart on Usenet http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/Mar27pmvp....

Help: My bank is cancelling direct pay via MS Money
Later this week, my bank (www.1sttech.com) is going to stop supporting direct payment from MS Money. I can still pay bills via the bank website, and dowload transactions into money, but I won't be able to just enter new checks into money and have them be transmitted up. This is a huge pain and I'm going to switch banks. Can anyone recommend a seattle area bank that supports direct bill payment? I checked the list here: http://www.microsoft.com/money/online/FIList.asp?FIList=5 but was hoping that someone could recommend a good one. thanks, -jay It's also somewhat iro...

Creating a send-replay message history
Dear all I would like to know if is possible to create hierarchical history of a send , and replyed messages in outlook. I mean if is possible to create a tree of a specific receive message and the related replayed messages How can I order the messages in this way ? Thank you Best Regards Paolo With Outlook 2003; View-> Arrange By-> Conversation -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "pberna" <xxx@iol.it> wrote in message ne...

Initially creating a chart
I am using office 2007 and I am having trouble creating a chart. I had to create a spreadsheet for a class project that shows the features and cost differences of 3 different computers. I then have to transfer that info into a chart. When I highlight the info and then insert the chart it is picking up everything except the features information. Can anyone help me with this? -- jt Hi, You could download the free Excel add-in which would let you assign the features as data labels to the chart: http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm -- If this helps, please click the Yes...

Create activities for multiple leads
Is there a way to create a "Phone Call" activity for a group leads in one step? As we import leads, I either want to automatically have a phone call activity created for each lead or be able to select a large group of leads and created phone call activities for each one. Thoughts? Thanks, Scott Leonard Create a manual workflow rule that creates the activity, then using Advanced Find or a Veiw search/select the leads and choose 'apply rule' to run your workflow rule against that group - you can only do 100 at a time, but it works and is easy to set up. HTH- Scott S...

Importing existing charts into newly created .XLS files
MODERATOR: Before I get started with the question, I just want to say that I'm reposting this after it disappeared about 20 minutes ago. I'm brand new to this forum. If there is some moderator lurking around here (OMG why?), PLEEEASE at least send me an email and tell me where you moved my post to or what I did wrong. BETTER YET, please keep this post here and reply to it with your comments. I have the notify-reply-email option turned on, so I will get your message quickly. I believe this is in the correct category because I need advice from Excel charting experts. This is...

Updating 20k+ rows from Excel to access. vbscript? VBA? SQL?
Any suggestions? Some of these rows only need a few columns updated, and others need all of them updated. If possible if say row 800 column 'S' is filled in the access DB but is blank on the excel spreadsheet, if possible i like to keep the existing data in access and over right it with a blank cell. The spreadsheet is a export of the access DB, changes were made/merged from other spreadsheets so the Unique ID is the same and in column A. A script suggestions to complete this? Thanks :) hi no script needed. declare your data a named range. Hightlight your data. Insert>name>...

Delivery Failure after creating calendar event
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3205343077_45724 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Folks, Every time I Create a calendar event, I receive the following email: This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. Delivery to the following recipients failed. /O=First Organization/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=MKPSERVER/cn=Microsoft System Attendant Reporting-MTA: dns;mar...

Creating a rule for email by date in OWA?
Is there a way to create a rule using the OWA client to move all email older than 14 days to another folder and out of the inbox folder? thanks. Don't think so. OWA does not give you the same rich Rule functionality provided by Outlook client, though whatever's available is better than no Rule functionality at all. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Jason" <none@none.invalid> wrote in message news:eBOx8QlFGHA.2912@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to create a rule using th...

Error 8000ffff when creating 2-way ADC
Lab set up with copies of our Exchange 5.5 and Windows 2000 AD directories, attempting to test upgrade from 5.5 to 2003. Error message shows up on screen whenever a two-way Recipient CA of any kind is created: "An unexpected error occurred. ID no. 8000ffff Microsoft Active Directory Connector Management". This error prevents the CA from being actually created. You can vary the Containers, the object classes involved (e.g., Groups only, Contacts only, Users only), account permissions, anything. As long as it's two-way Recipient, it fails. This does not happen with a Public Fold...

Invalid object name when I try to create a scaler udf in a stored procedure.
I am trying to create a report that shows a company name, all the advisors in that company, then the company's stats (there should be one row for each company). Each of these come from a different table. The advisors are currently being listed as one per line, which means the company name and the stats are all being repeated unneccesarily. I want to concatinate the advisors, so that all the ones that belong to the same company show in the same cell. I wrote this UDF which is located right before my SP: CREATE FUNCTION [dbo].[ConcatAdvisorNames](@Company as varchar(20)) RETURNS VA...

GP 10
We are on GP10 and getting the following error... "a save operation on table SY_Period_HDR (45)" when we try to create a new fiscal period. We ran the database maintenance tool thinking that might resolve a stored proc issue but that didnt help. Has anyone ran into this? ...

Creating thousands of hyperlinks in Excel
I'm creating a huge directory and I'd like to include internal hyperlinks. Is there a FAST way to do this? i.e. I need to create 2000 hyperlinks, leading from one cell to a cell on another worksheet. Tips? Thanks! I'd use the =hyperlink() worksheet function. David McRitchie posted this and it might help you: =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",C5),C5) =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",sheetone!C5),sheetone!C5) =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'sheet two'!C5),'sheet two'!C5) Megan wrote: > >...

Re: Changing domain password via RPC over HTTP #3
Hi Mark, Do you mean that enabling changing password in OWA (on the RPC proxy server) is equivalent to enabling changing password via RPC/HTTP? Thanks! "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote in message news:s2lsm013co202g0tjifohnfa6ibvuick6t@4ax.com... > On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:25:09 +0800, "Shel" <shel@msnews.forum.com> > wrote: > > >Hi, > > > >Having a FE RPC/HTTP proxy server, and users connected via HTTP. > >The Exchange servers are in a Resource domain, and user accounts are in > >Accounts domain. > >These a...

How to create a View using Jet SQL in Access?
Can any body tell me how to create a View in Access using Jet SQL? And where to get the detailed specific reference for Jet SQL? The Access/Jet equivalent to a view is a Select query. Jet SQL is documented in Microsoft Access help. In recent English-language versions, display the Help window and look on the Contents tab for "Microsoft Jet SQL reference". On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 00:16:39 +0800, "lu_yanfeng" <lu_yanfeng@163.com> wrote: >Can any body tell me how to create a View in Access using Jet SQL? And where >to get the detailed specific reference for Jet SQ...

Insert Contact Name and E-mail address into Subject When Creating A Phone Call
Hi guys, I am looking to insert the name of the sender\contact and e-mail address into the phone call subject line. I have figured out how to get the name of the sender inserted into the subject line but cannot figure out how to get the e-mail address in there. The code I used is below. Can anyone outline what code I need to use to get at the e-mail address, maybe it's not actually possible? Cheers, Mark var lookupItem = new Array(); //Get the lookup for the from attribute on the phone call form, this is the person calling lookupItem = crmForm.all.from.DataValue; //Set the current sub...