Copy Word macro to colleague

Hi, I have created a simple but useful Word macro, that I access by
clicking on a customized button on the toolbar. I want to send that
macro to a colleague, together with the customized button, but without
having to send my Normal.dot file over. In addition, I would like to
automate the process so that the macro, together with the button,
automatically installs itself on my colleague's version of Word? I use
Word 2002. Thank you for your assistance.
0
Stephen

See the article "Distributing macros to other users" at:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/DistributeMacros.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Stephen" <spencersj@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have created a simple but useful Word macro, that I access by
> clicking on a customized button on the toolbar. I want to send that
> macro to a colleague, together with the customized button, but without
> having to send my Normal.dot file over. In addition, I would like to
> automate the process so that the macro, together with the button,
> automatically installs itself on my colleague's version of Word? I use
> Word 2002. Thank you for your assistance.

0
Doug

Copy sheet in Excel
Hi Wonder if anyone of you encounter this problem before? When I try to copy worksheet in a workbook, the following prompt comes up, indicating name conflict. "A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name 'aaaa', which already exists on the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of the name? - To use the name as defined in the destination sheet, click Yes - To rename the range referred to in the formula or worksheet, click No, and enter a new name in the Name Conflict dialog box" When I clicked yes, another prompt comes up indicating ...

IF/THEN/ELSE adds a blank line in mail merge WORD 2007
Hello, I need to merge some mailings based on if the first name is not the same as nickname, print nickname else don't print anything and go to the next field. The code I have is: {IF {MERGEFIELD fName} <> {MERGEFIELD nName} {MERGEFIELD nName} ""} What is happening is if the first name and nickname are the same a blank line appears. How do I supress the blank line? Make the line break part of your TrueText (note that you don't have to include FalseText if it's "nothing"). So you'll have: {I F { MERGEFIELD fName } <> { MERGEFI...

Publish to Sharepoint from Word?
Hello, When we had our old Sharepoint I was able to publish from Word and Excel to Sharepoint. When I try to do that now it does not work. In Word, when I want to publish my document, I was able to publish it to (Office button --> Publish -->) Document Management Server. But when I have the 'Save As' window open, no Sharepoint server is available. When I press the 'Create New Folder (Alt+F4) I am able to add the Sharepoint server. But when all administrative actions have been performed, no Sharepoint server is available in my 'Save As' window. And wh...

Macro

Buy Word 2003
Recently, when we bought new computers, we bought Office 2007 thinking if both our computers had the same software we could work more efficiently. Unfortunately, the new version looks and works completely different than what we had before (one computer had Word 97 and the other had Word 2003). Sadly, while I am sure someone much smarter than us decided this was better for customers, we simply don't have time to learn how to use our software all over again. Hence, does anyone know if there any way we get Office 2003 in exchange for this new version, or have we simply wasted...

how do I copy specific rows without copying each row individually
I am using Excel 2007. I am trying to copy every 5th row of information and there is no specific criteria met in each row. Can anyone help? for i=1 to 25 step 5 rows(i).copy somewhere next i -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Chris H" <ChrisH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47EE6635-F4CF-4D70-BC02-ADBEB8113D75@microsoft.com... >I am using Excel 2007. I am trying to copy every 5th row of information >and > there is no specific criteria met in each row. Can anyone help? Hi, ...

How to copy text from a picture/image & make it available for edi.
I am trying to copy a text from a picture/image and make it available in excel/word/powerpoint as normal text and not as an image/picture. ...

Excel Not Printing... Word does
Hello All, I have a computer that will not print excel documents at all. It will print Word Documents, as well as other programs, but when I print from excel, it doesn't even make it into the printer Queue. I am trying to print to a networked HP Laserjet 4100 TN. That printer is attached to a Win2k server through its IP address. Let me know if anyone knows of any issues with sharing a printer using the IP address to connect it to the host computer. Any Ideas will be helpful! :) Thanks, Seth R. In the absence of other replies .......... Presumably you have set Excel to recogni...

Am I able to link excel info with word and have it change when i c
this goes with my other question and problem i need help to do this. i have word and excel 2003 Your question is not clear. Please put the entire question in the body of the message. "Dawn" wrote: > this goes with my other question and problem i need help to do this. i have > word and excel 2003 ...

use macro to change dates
I have never used macros before but am trying to convert dates using excel 2003. The dates are in the format of +1.123.456.1234 and I would like to change that to 123-456-1234. There are also some listed as 123.456.1234 and would like them to be the same as the first ones, that is, 123-456-1234. I tried using the "start recording" method and "stop recording" but the cursor just jumps back to the original cell when I try to use the recorded macro. I have 2000 cells to change. Anybody have a suggestion on how to change these? I looked at the VBE, but don't kno...

Macro recording
I understand the concept of macros, I just don't know how they execute and the possible functions. I would like to import a considerable amount of data from excel into access. The problem I have is that the information I want to import for each record is on two adjacent rows. I need a macro that will move the data contained in just one cell to the end of the row above it and then delete the row that, that information was contained in. Then I need it to repeat that function on every other row. Sounds easy right? Way my luck runs you could do anything you want to do except what I need. Anyo...

Need help in data copying. #2
Hi Dave Thanks for your reply. It is working perfect *if there is more than one row*. But If I have the data only one row (B8 in my case) , then it selec the data till the end of the file ( till Row no. 65536) I will appreciate your reply. Tom -- SMIL ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SMILE's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=488 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=25956 SMILE, Don't use .End(xlDown) For example, if the code is Range(ActiveCell, ActiveCell.End(xlDown)...

Dashed line between words
I am creating a menu. I am sure there is a way automatically draw a dashed line between words, and line up straight. For example: Coke $1.95 Milk $1.25 I want a dashed line in between. I would hate to insert dots and spaces. Could anybody help me on this?? "LuvToLearn" <LuvToLearn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96CD8F53-D19B-4523-9B7E-0D884A7E8FA5@microsoft.com... >I am creating a menu. I am sure there is a way automatically draw a dashed > line between words, and line up straight. > For...

Merge cell & Copy Data from different cell
Can data been copy from a merge cell, if possible pls explain. How to copy word from another cell. Thank you ...

Word 2008- Save and name with applescript
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a .dot template file that I use daily. I don't have a problem with the rest of the script but i'd like to replace two dialog boxes with text that i've already entered in fields DName and DOB, but for the life of me cannot figure out how to reference or pull the text out of these two text fields in a word 2008 document. Essentially the first two text form fields in the document contain the name and date of birth and i want to turn that into the file name. <br><br>i.e. what i've ...

Copying row hieghts
Hello, I developed a form that I need to make copies of as I go down the worksheet but when I copy the form and paste it the row heights do not adjust. How can I copy down a new row height? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Select the whole row and copy it. Then paste. (were you just dragging the autofill button?) "q4u <" wrote: > > Hello, > > I developed a form that I need to make copies of as I go down the > worksheet but when I copy the form and paste it the row heights do not > adjust. Ho...

how to auto copy excel cells to outlook email
hi, great site. not sure if this is the right place to post this: here's what i'm trying to do: i have to send daily emails to a list of people. the info on the email is in an excel doc (eg cells A1 to e5) i manually copy-paste the cells on my daily emails. (not as attachment just ctrl C crtl V) is there a way to automate this process? i.e. a form to get the info from the excel sheet and display it on th email template? hope someone can help, thanks -- asdfasd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- asdfasdf's Profile: http://www.excelforum.co...

How do I fill (copy) nonadjacent cells to adjacent cells?
I have data that is 22 cells apart which are related which has data between them which are 22 cells apart also, i.e. 1's are related, 2's are related data, etc. I have currently: 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 I want: 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 etc. Thanks Here's the quick and easy on this one. Select your top row that labels your data and then turn on the auto filter feature Data --> Filter --> Auto Filter. You'll then see a drop down on the row above your first column. Click on it and you'll see you can sort ascending/descending. This should put all your data in the format you...

Error with exporting macro from SPSS 14 to Excel 2007
I have been using this macro for a while with excel 2003. I've recently upgraded to exc= el 2007 and now when I run this I get the following error "10091ActiveX Automation: no= such property or method." which occurs on this line "line1 =3D .Selection.Row - 1" any thoughts on what's changed that might be causing this? Sub ExcelMacro(NumLayerDim As Long) ' This macro ' adds a Table number to the title of each table ' turns that line bold and blue ' groups the other lines of the table so that it is easy to ' have only titles visible in excel (th...

Cannot add sound or video any more to Outlook E-mail (Word Mail) message!
Using Windows XP Pro and Office 2003. Recently updated both to their newest service packs. (including xpsp2). Word (2003) is set as my e-mail editor for Outlook 2003. Before I could add video, audio, or marquee text to an Outlook E-mail message by clicking on the appropriate icon on the "Web Tools" toolbar. Now when I click on one of those icons, I get an error message like the following: ---------------------- The object was created in HTMLInlineVideoCtl. This application is not available to open this object. Make sure the application is properly installed, and that it has ...

Copy & paste Table
I have a weekly table (cells are empty at the beginning of the week an data is added each day). This table constructs of few rows of 12.5 Pt. high, others with 15 Pt and one row 20 Pt. Now, at the end of the week, I copy this table and paste it below th previous and delete the data (only from the new table), so I'm read with empty table for the coming week. Problem is, after the pasting, the row heights I have define previously (12.5, 15, 20) aren't being kept and I need to redefined i each time. Is there any way to paste and keep the -*Rows height*- definitio intact -- I'm n...

pausing macro while cells update
I have a spreadsheet with some Reutes Wealth Manager formulas. I wish to change the RIC code in some of these cells and then check if the code is valid. For this i need to pause the macro while the cell/s update. If i use Application.wait then everything pauses and the cells do not update. I guess i need to find out what the code is to refresh the Reuters links Any ideas will be gratefully recieved -- with kind regards Spike You can insert this snippet in where you need to pause. It will operate on tenths of seconds as well as whole seconds. i.e. 1 for whole, 0.1 ...

how to find used region with macro
Hi, sorry if this obvious or has been asked recently. I have a macro that goes through all rows and all columns in a selection. If a row or a column is hidden, the font of that row or column is changed. A friend wants to use the macro in a Workbook with many sheets. He asked if I could change it so that he does not need to do a selection on every sheet before he runs it. I imagine that a nested loop through all rows and all columns will take a long time? I�ve tried to figure out how to get the range defined by the last row and the last column filled with data. First I tried with Current...

Merging Excel Sheet with Excel Sheet (Just like in MS Word!)
Hi everyone, Purpose: create classroom roster between one Excel spreadsheet as data source and another excel sheet. I know how to use one excel spreadsheet as a data source to merge with another word document; however, by using this method, I found that the link between the files keep dropping from time to time, especially when the folder has been moved around. I'm thinking of creating the same layout of the Word document in another Excel spreadsheet and somehow "LINK" the data source and the other spreadsheet together, but I'm not sure how, or whether thi...

A way to open an Excel sheet from Word
I would like the Excel sheet to open in Excel but would like to access it from a toolbar button in Word. Is that possible? Hi Tonya, one way would be to set a reference to the excel library, "Extras, References, ..." and then the following may be a start: Dim oExc As Excel.Application Set oExc = New Excel.Application With oExc .Workbooks.Open "c:\test\test.xls" .Visible = True ' if you like ' do something ... .ActiveWorkbook.Save .ActiveWorkbook.Close .Quit End With Set oExc = Nothing --- Greetings from Bavaria, Germany Helmut Weber, MVP "r...