change font size of first character

I have a template that allows users to print business cards. It displays a
form where they enter their name and three other lines of text. I would like
to increase the font size of the first character in each word if the user
enters the text in upper case.

The code I'm using to capture the text from the form is:

With ActiveDocument
   For intLoop1 = 1 To 10
     .Bookmarks("Name" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2)).Range.InsertBefore txtName
     .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) & "a").Range.InsertBefore
xtTitleA
     .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) & "b").Range.InsertBefore
txtTitleB
     .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) & "c").Range.InsertBefore
txtTitleC
End With

How do I go about changing the font size of selective characters in each
string?

Thanks for any help you can provide.     ...Larry

I suggest something along the lines of

Dim intLoop1 As Long
Dim txtName As String
Dim txtTitleA As String
Dim txtTitleB As String
Dim txtTitleC As String
Dim oRng As Range
With ActiveDocument
    For intLoop1 = 1 To 10
        Set oRng = .Bookmarks("Name" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2)).Range
        oRng.Text = txtName
        oRng.Case = wdTitleWord
        Set oRng = .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) & "a").Range
        oRng.Text = txtTitleA
        oRng.Case = wdTitleWord
        Set oRng = .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) & "b").Range
        oRng.Text = txtTitleB
        oRng.Case = wdTitleWord
        Set oRng = .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) & "c").Range
        oRng.Text = txtTitleC
        oRng.Case = wdTitleWord
End With

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"lallen" wrote:

> I have a template that allows users to print business cards. It displays a
> form where they enter their name and three other lines of text. I would like
> to increase the font size of the first character in each word if the user
> enters the text in upper case.
>
> The code I'm using to capture the text from the form is:
>
> With ActiveDocument
>    For intLoop1 = 1 To 10
>      .Bookmarks("Name" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2)).Range.InsertBefore txtName
>      .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) & "a").Range.InsertBefore
> xtTitleA
>      .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) & "b").Range.InsertBefore
> txtTitleB
>      .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) & "c").Range.InsertBefore
> txtTitleC
> End With
>
> How do I go about changing the font size of selective characters in each
> string?
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide.     ...Larry
Thanks Graham, but that's not exactly what I was looking for. I want to
change the font size, not the case, of the first letter of each word. I'm not
sure if it's doable or not.

....Larry

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> I suggest something along the lines of
>
> Dim intLoop1 As Long
> Dim txtName As String
> Dim txtTitleA As String
> Dim txtTitleB As String
> Dim txtTitleC As String
> Dim oRng As Range
> With ActiveDocument
>     For intLoop1 = 1 To 10
>         Set oRng = .Bookmarks("Name" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2)).Range
>         oRng.Text = txtName
>         oRng.Case = wdTitleWord
>         Set oRng = .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) & "a").Range
>         oRng.Text = txtTitleA
>         oRng.Case = wdTitleWord
>         Set oRng = .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) & "b").Range
>         oRng.Text = txtTitleB
>         oRng.Case = wdTitleWord
>         Set oRng = .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) & "c").Range
>         oRng.Text = txtTitleC
>         oRng.Case = wdTitleWord
> End With
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "lallen" wrote:
>
> > I have a template that allows users to print business cards. It displays a
> > form where they enter their name and three other lines of text. I would like
> > to increase the font size of the first character in each word if the user
> > enters the text in upper case.
> >
> > The code I'm using to capture the text from the form is:
> >
> > With ActiveDocument
> >    For intLoop1 = 1 To 10
> >      .Bookmarks("Name" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2)).Range.InsertBefore txtName
> >      .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) & "a").Range.InsertBefore
> > xtTitleA
> >      .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) & "b").Range.InsertBefore
> > txtTitleB
> >      .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) & "c").Range.InsertBefore
> > txtTitleC
> > End With
> >
> > How do I go about changing the font size of selective characters in each
> > string?
> >
> > Thanks for any help you can provide.     ...Larry
Use

Dim intLoop1 As Long
Dim txtName As String
Dim txtTitleA As String
Dim txtTitleB As String
Dim txtTitleC As String
Dim oRng As Range
With ActiveDocument
    For intLoop1 = 1 To 10
        Set oRng = .Bookmarks("Name" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2)).Range
        oRng.Text = txtName
        If oRng.Case = 1 Then
            For i = 1 To oRng.Words.Count
                With oRng.Words(1)
                    If .Case <> -1 Then 'The word is numeric
                        With .Characters(1).Font
                            .Size = .Size + 2 'Increase size by 2 points,
vary to suit
                        End With
                    Else    'Increase the size of all numerals
                        With .Font
                            .Size = .Size + 2
                        End With
                    End If
                End With
            Next i
        End If
        Set oRng = .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) &
"a").Range
        oRng.Text = txtTitleA
        If oRng.Case = 1 Then
            For i = 1 To oRng.Words.Count
                With oRng.Words(1)
                    If .Case <> -1 Then 'The word is numeric
                        With .Characters(1).Font
                            .Size = .Size + 2 'Increase size by 2 points,
vary to suit
                        End With
                    Else    'Increase the size of all numerals
                        With .Font
                            .Size = .Size + 2
                        End With
                    End If
                End With
            Next i
        End If
        Set oRng = .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) &
"b").Range
        oRng.Text = txtTitleB
        If oRng.Case = 1 Then 'The text is upper case, but it could also
include numerals
[...]

Or, you may want to check the case of each word in the range in case there
is a mixture

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"lallen" <lallen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Graham, but that's not exactly what I was looking for. I want to
> change the font size, not the case, of the first letter of each word. I'm
> not
> sure if it's doable or not.
>
> ...Larry
>
> "Graham Mayor" wrote:
>
>> I suggest something along the lines of
>>
>> Dim intLoop1 As Long
>> Dim txtName As String
>> Dim txtTitleA As String
>> Dim txtTitleB As String
>> Dim txtTitleC As String
>> Dim oRng As Range
>> With ActiveDocument
>>     For intLoop1 = 1 To 10
>>         Set oRng = .Bookmarks("Name" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2)).Range
>>         oRng.Text = txtName
>>         oRng.Case = wdTitleWord
>>         Set oRng = .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) &
>> "a").Range
>>         oRng.Text = txtTitleA
>>         oRng.Case = wdTitleWord
>>         Set oRng = .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) &
>> "b").Range
>>         oRng.Text = txtTitleB
>>         oRng.Case = wdTitleWord
>>         Set oRng = .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) &
>> "c").Range
>>         oRng.Text = txtTitleC
>>         oRng.Case = wdTitleWord
>> End With
>>
>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>

>> "lallen" wrote:
>>
>> > I have a template that allows users to print business cards. It
>> > displays a
>> > form where they enter their name and three other lines of text. I would
>> > like
>> > to increase the font size of the first character in each word if the
>> > user
>> > enters the text in upper case.
>> >
>> > The code I'm using to capture the text from the form is:
>> >
>> > With ActiveDocument
>> >    For intLoop1 = 1 To 10
>> >      .Bookmarks("Name" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2)).Range.InsertBefore
>> > txtName
>> >      .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) &
>> > "a").Range.InsertBefore
>> > xtTitleA
>> >      .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) &
>> > "b").Range.InsertBefore
>> > txtTitleB
>> >      .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) &
>> > "c").Range.InsertBefore
>> > txtTitleC
>> > End With
>> >
>> > How do I go about changing the font size of selective characters in
>> > each
>> > string?
>> >
>> > Thanks for any help you can provide.     ...Larry

0
Doug
5/29/2010 3:56:54 AM
Thanks Doug. That works like a charm.

....Larry

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

> [...]
>         oRng.Text = txtTitleB
>         If oRng.Case = 1 Then 'The text is upper case, but it could also
> include numerals
>             For i = 1 To oRng.Words.Count
>                 With oRng.Words(1)
>                     If .Case <> -1 Then 'The word is numeric
>                         With .Characters(1).Font
>                             .Size = .Size + 2 'Increase size by 2 points,
> vary to suit
>                         End With
>                     Else    'Increase the size of all numerals
>                         With .Font
>                             .Size = .Size + 2
>                         End With
>                     End If
>                 End With
>             Next i
>         End If
>         Set oRng = .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) &
> "c").Range
>         oRng.Text = txtTitleC
>         If oRng.Case = 1 Then
>             For i = 1 To oRng.Words.Count
>                 With oRng.Words(1)
>                     If .Case <> -1 Then 'The word is numeric
>                         With .Characters(1).Font
>                             .Size = .Size + 2 'Increase size by 2 points,
> vary to suit
>                         End With
>                     Else    'Increase the size of all numerals
>                         With .Font
>                             .Size = .Size + 2
>                         End With
>                     End If
>                 End With
>             Next i
>         End If
> End With
>

> Or, you may want to check the case of each word in the range in case there
> is a mixture
>
> --
> Hope this helps.

> services on a paid consulting basis.

> "lallen" <lallen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Graham, but that's not exactly what I was looking for. I want to
> > change the font size, not the case, of the first letter of each word. I'm
> > not
> > sure if it's doable or not.
> >
> > ...Larry
> >
> > "Graham Mayor" wrote:
> >
> >> I suggest something along the lines of
> >>
> >> Dim intLoop1 As Long
> >> Dim txtName As String
> >> Dim txtTitleA As String
> >> Dim txtTitleB As String
> >> Dim txtTitleC As String
> >> Dim oRng As Range
> >> With ActiveDocument
> >>     For intLoop1 = 1 To 10
> >>         Set oRng = .Bookmarks("Name" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2)).Range
> >>         oRng.Text = txtName
> >>         oRng.Case = wdTitleWord
> >>         Set oRng = .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) &
> >> "a").Range
> >>         oRng.Text = txtTitleA
> >>         oRng.Case = wdTitleWord
> >>         Set oRng = .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) &
> >> "b").Range
> >>         oRng.Text = txtTitleB
> >>         oRng.Case = wdTitleWord
> >>         Set oRng = .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) &

Change links to hyperlinks in a workbook?
I have 5 Income Statement sheets in a workbook. The first sheet is an Income Statement summing four departments (listed by columns). Column B has Dept 1 data, column C has Dept 2 data, etc. ALL data on this sheet is linked (referenced) to the other four sheets which are the individual departments. I know I can set hyperlinks one at a time, but is there a way for me to have each of those links (every cell containing the data from the other four sheets) become hyperlinks? If I have to add another sheet that mirrors the summary sheet but has hyperlinks, that would be fine. I am just ...

Change <value> in outlook
We Have Exchange 2003 sp2 and outlook 2003 sp2. I have renamed 2 AD accounts. Changed all display names, accounts name etc with the 2 accounts. When users open outlook and send to renamed account they see account name <oldaccountname> in the autocomplete list. I have cleared nk2 files in profile , but it still shows newaccount <oldaccountname> in drop down box. Is there a way to edit the <oldaccountnam> value of the renamed account? I tried the same thing with a freshly loaded PC. with the same result. Thanks You can delete the nickname files. -- Ed Crowley MVP - E...

Change of recipient/sender display name
Hi All, Environment :- Windows 2003 x64 with exchange 2007 (All in one role) Outlook client :- 2003, 2007 We have created a list of mail contacts (which under GAL) in exchange 2007, these mail contacts are associates with external email address, each of contact has a naming standard for display name, for example, display name is HD Finance Manager, external email address is fin_manager@hdemea.com I want to configure outlook client to show the display name according to mail contacts whenever the email address is match to mail contacts list (GAL), for example, an email sent from the email a...

changing the cell information #2
Hi I have files I tried to change the cell information to another cel that have to be the blank for a row that contains director name in cel A and for the movie titles I have to have director names instead of th title names.Please help me, the data in cell B sholuld have to be, A 1 D:B.Jane 2 T:Back to the future 3 T:Aliens 4 T:X-files 5 D:Adam Mathew 6 T:Core 7 T:Titanic B 1 (empty) 2 D:B.Jane 3 D:B.Jane 4 D:B.Jane 5 (empty) 6 D:Adam Mathew 7 D:Adam Mathew thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Change default font format in Excel
I have an existing workbook with cell text entries in regular black font. I want to make a number of additional entries in various cells in this workbook, and I want all my text entries to be a different font format (bold, red). Is there a way to do this automatically without highlighting each entry I make and manually changing the cell format? Thanks. Michael, Copy the code below, right-click on your sheet tab, select "View Code" and paste the code in the window that appears. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Cells.Cou...

Splitting First and Last Names
I have a spreadsheet where the Name feild contains both first and last names. I want to split this into two fields. How can I do this? Hi use 'Data - Text to<columns' for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jamie wrote: > I have a spreadsheet where the Name feild contains both first and last > names. I want to split this into two fields. How can I do this? "Jamie" <pastorjman310@hotmail.com> wrote >I have a spreadsheet where the Name feild contains both >first and last > names. I want to split this into two fields. How can I do &g...

Changing Interface OWA (exchange 2003)

Re: Update for Windows Vista (KB980248) -- No more fonts available!
cf. http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/f7fa37ca-683c-4be1-b4ad-ab2dd1249399 PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote: > Are you running Vista SP1 or Vista SP2? Is Office 2010 installed? > > Was KB980248 offered & eventually installed via Windows Update or did you > (attempt to) install it manually? > > What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your > subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than > Defender)? > What third-party firewall (if any)? > > Has a(another) Norton or McAfee ap...

How to get paper size from dmPaperSize returned from GetDevMode?
For example, dmPaperSize returns 1 which is DMPAPER_LETTER, how do I calculate the paper size like in this case 8.5"x11"? There are so many paper sizes, is there any function call to calculate based on the return value of dmPaperSize or mapping between the value of dmPapersize and actual size? Thank you. The reason I asked the question was because dmPaperLength and dmPaperWidth are 0 for some printers. Also, my HP laserjet returns as a color printer (dmColor = 2) from GetDevMode call. Anyone knows why? ...

Clip art works on first try from web then doens't.
Alright I am back. I got something to come up for the web collections clip art now but it seems to only work the first time I do a search right after I open the program, after that I either get a bunch of picture symbols with the little globe in the corner or I get nothing. This clip art thing is really driving me crazy. Anybody know what is up? ridergroov <ridergroov1@comcast.net> was very recently heard to utter: > Alright I am back. I got something to come up for the web collections > clip art now but it seems to only work the first time I do a search > right after I ope...

Forcing String Literal as Wide Character Unicode
Hello, I am under the impression that using _T("...") will convert my string literal to either a char or a wchar depending on what is defined, but I would like to force my string literal to be a Unicode String ( i.e wchar_t ) How would I do that? Would it be something like: wchar_t string[] = "hi"; something like that? Or is there a way to force my literal string to be unicode? "sleeper" <TheFakeJon@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1159489470.136737.259600@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hello, I am under the impression that using _T("...&q...

Comparing first and last names in two lists

Exchg2003 First Storage Error
Exchange Enterprise 2003, SP1 on Win2003 - When I attempt to view the mailbox information store within First Storage Group I get an error (Id no. 80040d1b). The only ref. to this error I have found is: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817309 - checked my registry & server - they match; registry looks fine. I also am getting Veritas Exchg Info Store errors - "database corrupted". I ran the Eseutil defrag - ran successful, but still can't see mailboxes. I found MS tech net info that suggests re-installing Exchange (to repair): http://www.micr...

Change License / Company name
Hi, we tried CRM 1.2 with the MSDN license key. Now my company bought a 25 user Proffesional Suite license and I want to change the key on the production server. Is there an easy way to do this?? The only solution I see, is via the Data Migration Framework. Erik. How about the re-deploy tool? "Erik" <none> wrote in message news:u0SXdbXlEHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > we tried CRM 1.2 with the MSDN license key. Now my company bought a 25 > user > Proffesional Suite license and I want to change the key on the production > server. Is there an easy wa...

Changing the Selection Fields in a Combo Box
Hi, I've created a Combo Box using the Controls Wizard. In creating the control, I specified that my unique value to be stored in the table is an ID. When the user views the selection options in the Combo Box, I'd like to have the ID field hidden and only see the text values, while still storing the ID in the appropriate column. This is probably a second question. Also, when the user views a form that has been populated, I'd like them to see the actual textual values on the form, as just the stored ID value. Is that possible to do with the one Combo Box or is that...

APAY Frequency changes mysteriously
Has anyone noticed that if, for example, you set up an APAY bill monthly, that all of a sudden the next pay date is many months later? It will be cruising along fine, sending bills monthly via MSN Billpay automatically and then one day I go to look at BILLS AND DEPOSITS and some of the autopay's that should be due next month say something crazy like it wont be paid until three months from now or even Jan of next year. I have to cancel the autopay and resubmit it with the proper information. This has happened to me several times in Money2003 on XP... p.s. I tried out the archive feature t...

Background changes conditionally
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet that shows the floor plan layout of my call centre. On each desk, the desk number and identity are displayed. I would like to colour the background for those pcs that are on the same subnet. I have a sheet called data - it contains Table Number, Desk Number, PC ID, IP Address. How could I get it to change the background colour if the pc is on subnet 162, and set a different colour for those on subnet 167 any ideas? -- PeterG ------------------------------------------------------------------------ PeterG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.p...

OWA & "User must change password at next logon"
Current Environment: Running EX2K3(SP2), and using OWA as the ONLY option to get e-mail; using certificates (https:\\owa.domain.com\exchange) & forms based Authentication. Problem: I create a NEW user in AD; e-mail enable it, and select "User must change password at next logon". Now when the user tries to log in (VIA OWA) s/he is not prompted to change the password / it won't even log them in. It use to work with our old exchange 2000 environment, where it gave them the opportunity to change the password at sign on. Answer: ? There is one property in MetaBase: ...

hide header on first page
how do i get excel to hide the header on the first page? Hi not possible with a VBA macro which will first print the first page without a header, then apply the header and print all other pages. Try recording a macro while doing this manually -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "karin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:32DF8BC3-0672-4B0B-BCA6-F9B404DFFC30@microsoft.com... > how do i get excel to hide the header on the first page? Try this karin Sub Test() Dim TotPages As Long TotPages = Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro("GET....

Changing default Print copies
Hi, I have a workbook that has a worksheet with default printing copies of 3. Even when I go to page setup and change the number of copies to print to 1 it will automatically revert to 3 the next time I bring up the print dialog. I have also looked through the VBA editor at the worksheet for any oddities and have found none. Does anyone know how to change this permanently? Thanks in advance. Pach >Even when I go to page setup and change the number of copies to > print to 1 it will automatically revert to 3 the next time I bring up > the print dialog. Look at the defaults for you...

stop automatically changing formula!
i have a countif function COUNTIF(Locking!I16:I40,"f") when i copy this and paste it to the next cell, the formula automatically change to COUNTIF(Locking!J16:J40,"f") How do I stop it from changing column I to J?!?!?! thanks. Caryn, =COUNTIF(Locking!$I$16:$I$40,"f") or =COUNTIF(Locking!$I16:$I40,"f") HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "caryn" <caryn.tan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d7n4u3$hgi$1@avnika.corp.mot.com... > i have a countif function > COUNTIF(Locking!I16:I40,"f") > when i copy this and paste it to the nex...

HOW DO I COPY FORMULA WITHOUT CHANGING CELL REFERENCE
My cell c1 contains the formula b1-a1.when i copy this formula to cells d1 and e1 the cells d1 and e1 have the following formula : d1=c1-b1 e1=d1-c1 but i want the following d1 should be b2-a2 and e2 should be b3-a3 how do i do this? One way... In C1 enter & copy across: =INDEX($A:$A,COLUMN()-COLUMN($C$1)+1)-INDEX($B:$B,COLUMN()-COLUMN($C$1)+1) anantth wrote: > My cell c1 contains the formula b1-a1.when i copy this formula to cells d1 > and e1 the cells d1 and e1 have the following formula : > d1=c1-b1 > e1=d1-c1 > > but i want the following > d1 should be b2-...

Font problem
It seems that the Cambria Math font has recently acquired an extremely large Ascent and Descent. Has it perhaps always been that way and I've never noticed it before, or is it something recent, perhaps a Vista thing? Try the following code for example. For Arial and Times New Roman (and virtually all other fonts) I am getting pretty much exactly what I would expect (a TextHeight that is a bit larger than the point size) but for Cambria Math I am getting an extremely large TextHeight (I get exactly the same results using GDI32 methods). At this end (on my Vista Business laptop...