can't open files

 I have Microsoft Office 2003 ~  all of a sudden when I go to my documents
and try to open a file, I get this message "problem sending command to the
program".   Error 0646 and dt000

See the article "How to re-register Word when problems crop up opening
 files” at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ReRegisterWord.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Lost in Vegas" <Lost in Vegas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have Microsoft Office 2003 ~  all of a sudden when I go to my documents
> and try to open a file, I get this message "problem sending command to the
> program".   Error 0646 and dt000

0
Doug

how can I find and download a WAB DLL file for Outlook 2000
When trying to use outlook I get a error message "cannot find WAB DLL" I may have accidently removed it. What OS are you using? Curious since OL2000 isn't Vista compatible. "JEJE" <JEJE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E344280E-7FEC-4550-8255-E1069D4A8621@microsoft.com... > When trying to use outlook I get a error message "cannot find WAB DLL" I > may > have accidently removed it. if you are using vista, see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista_wab.htm otherwise, we need to know the version of windows. -- Diane Po...

Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook
Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook after recent updates any suggestions ? Thanks JGM -- "Oh Lord, may I be directed what to do and what to leave undone. " (Fry) What happens when you try? What version of Outlook and what updates did you apply? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:%23vukPCwrDHA.1512@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, JGM wrote: > Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook after recent updates > > any suggestions ...

xlsx file opens blank
Not sure when it happened or if it's always like this. Upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007. Set everyone up to save to XLS by default, since most people can't use or view the XLSX crap. So, one customer mails us an XLSX file. This lady tries to open it and it opens blank. So, we're sitting at the Excel screen with a light blue background as if no file was opened. Yet, someone else was able to open the same file just fine. Any ideas? Did you try maximizing the document? I've had that happen to me if I have multiple files open, arrange to view all, then c...

Opening excel files
Hi everyone If I open an excel document from my documents, or other location, excel opens but then the file does not open. I can open excel files from excel and using the open command. but not staright from my documents. Any ideas? thanks Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on the file in windows explorer: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the win...

Outlook 2003 hangs when saving an Office document opened as an attachment
Hello, When a user opens a office document attachment from an email in outlook 2003, they are immediately able to see and edit this document. There seems to be an issue, however, when the user goes to File > Save As.... in word, excel, or whichever office product is in use. Outlook saves its temporary files to the temporary internet files folder on the local (c:) drive. It takes approximately 60 seconds for the dialog box to populate so the user can change the folder where they would like the document to be saved. This was an upgrade install from Office 2000. Does anyone know of anythin...

Hide Button after clicking on the button to open a form
Hi, Please let me know how i can hide a button after clicking on the same button. I am able to click on a button and hide another button but does Access allow you to hide the same button you just clicked on? I used the following code to hide another button but why can't I hide the same button: Me.Command30.Visible = False Thank you so much. You can't hide or disable an control that has the focus. Set the focus to some other control and then you can hide the button. I do not know your applicaiton or what you are attempting to do, but I would suggest that you m...

converting to UNICODE, _TCHAR and TCHAR, writing text files
Hi, i'm converting a MFC application to support unicode. I have some (probably noob) questions: - What is the difference between the types _TCHAR and TCHAR ? I see some UNICODE applications use _TCHAR and others TCHAR. - I have to convert the way textfiles are written. These text-files are send to machines using parallel port, so they have to stay the same as before (when my application had no _UNICODE preprocessor definition). The commands that are used to write these files are fputs, fopen, etc. When changing it to support wide characters are the textfiles still the same? example (_U...

HOW TO redirect stderr to a file??? (freopen NOT supported)
Hi i'm doing a porting from an application console for win32 to pocketpc 2002, this applicancion have a lot of call to function similar to those: fprintf(stderr, "%s: Unknown error\n", msg); ................. ................. fprintf(stderr, "dropping packet #%u\n", seqno); ................ i want to preserve those functions and redirect stderr to a file but pocketpc sdk and EVC30 doe not support the function "freopen" anyone can soggest me a way to do that redirection? Thanks fclose(stderr); FILE * f = fopen("whatever.txt", "w"); st...

Open Bill of Materials
How do I set up something in SmartList>Inventory Transactions that will tell me what Bill of Materials are still "open" i.e.- either RELEASED or NOT RELEASED but not posted? Thanks, Pam I am assuming you are referring to the BOM Assembly transactions and not the MOP BOMs... You will need SmartList Builder to do that. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Pam" wrote: > How do I set up something in SmartList>I...

Opening Excel Opens Too Many Sheets
Don't know what I did recently but when I open Excel, FINANCIAL MANAGER is added to the main menu at the top and several sheets/files are opened that I do not want to open. FINANCIAL MANAGER wasn't there before and I can find no way to take it off the menu. I find no "startup" folder that lists these files that I could delete the shortcuts to - I've looked in the various folders relating to Excel but not found anything that might stop this activity whenever I open Excel. Opening the shortcut I'd been using to get to Excel, it's like a macro starts off and I fin...

Open Last Modified File form Location
Hi, I have one folder, which has 20 files & I want macro to open last modified file in that folder. Is this can be done?? File Path: C:\Users\Glenys\Desktop\Glen_Macro\ Best Regards, Kam. One way using Dir().. Sub LastModifiedFilewithinFolder() Dim strFile As String, strFolder As String Dim dtLast As Date, strLMFile As String strFolder = "C:\" 'strFolder = "C:\Users\Glenys\Desktop\Glen_Macro\" strFile = Dir("c:\*.*", vbNormal) Do While strFile <> "" If FileDateTime(strFolder & strFile) > dtLast Then dtLas...

Can't Open 2nd Window
I used to be able to click the "Launch Microsoft Outlook" icon on the left end of the taskbar to open up a second Outlook window, so I could have 2 mailboxes open at the same time. I could even do a search in one mailbox while working in the other window. Suddenly I can't do this. Clicking the "Launch Microsoft Outlook" icon just switches the current window to the inbox and does not open another window. My .pst file size is about 700K, considerably smaller than I used to keep it. I have run Repair Office from the installer. Any suggestions? Thanks. Right-cl...

Folder List does not display files and folders
Under View, Page is selected with Toggle Pane set to Folder list. No folders or files are displayed. There are files in the default folder called My Web but I'm not able to see these in Folder List. Please can you advise? Thank you in advance. Have you opened a website using File->Open web or File->Open Site ? The file list will be blank until a website is opened in FrontPage. The folder My Documents\My webs is a website. -- Ron Symonds Microsoft MVP (Expression Web) http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread. ...

Remove File Extensions From a List of Files
I have a multiple very long lists containing file names. I'd like to strip the extensions off and compare names together. Does anyone know of a way to make xxxxx.prt turn into xxxxx Thanks justinfoote@freightliner.com> wrote in message news:1143068499.822470.242820@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I have a multiple very long lists containing file names. I'd like to > strip the extensions off and compare names together. > Does anyone know of a way to make > xxxxx.prt > turn into > xxxxx > > Thanks If you have all files with a three letter extension, y...

Changing Publisher file to PDF file
Hello, I ma just learning to use Publisher. I cannot find the directions on how to change a Publisher file to PDF file if that is possible. I want to link the Publisher file to a website as a PDF file. Thanks Al Krismer Hi Al Krismer (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I ma just learning to use Publisher. I cannot find the || directions on how to change a Publisher file to PDF file if || that is possible. I want to link the Publisher file to a || website as a PDF file. Visit www.primopdf.com for a free PDF converter. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publis...

URL e-mail attachments open minimized in IE
This didn't always happen in Outlook 2002. Can someone please help me restore this? TIA ...

Two Many Contact Files
Using Office 2003 Outlook. When I start to create a new email and write in the name it does not auto input the name as I enter it. I have the auto set OK. When I try and answer an email the auto name works OK. I also have another problem in that I have 4 contact lists. One of them has the addresses in it but the default one keeps telling me that the file has been moved or I do not have permission to use it. I have to manual set so that the second contact list opens when I go to the address book. The problem is that when I do that now the auto input of the address will not work. Is the...

Multiple pst files #4
I trying to use multiple pst files. I get an memory error after two pst files are active. There is a KB file( 907651 ) that recommends an Hotkey edit. The issue is that my registry does not have the \PST in this Hotkey recommended. Does anyone have any idea on why this subkey does not exist here?? From KB 907651: 2. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK. 3. Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\PST 4. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value. ...

mail merge to individual document (file)
Hi, is it possible to get Publisher to merge to individual files? I want to EVENTUALLY do the following; Create a Newsletter (using Publisher) Merge it with my client list (to individual files) Create individual PDF files from merge files. Email each customised Newsletter (now as a PDF) to my client base. I know this seems long winded, but I'm open to other suggestions if anyone has any. Thanks in advance Bails <andrewgbaillie@hotmail.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Hi, is it possible to get Publisher to merge to individual files? > > Create individual PDF f...

Where are Outlook 2007 Personal file folders located on my HD?
I would like to transfer all emails within a number of Outlook 2007 Personal mail folders from one computer to another. I know that I can zip each folder, but would like to zip all of them at once and copy the zip file to a USB drive. If I am able to do this, can I simply copy the zipped file to another computer, unzip the folder contents and place them in the correct location so that Outlook will see and list the folders (and the messages therein) on the second computer? Both computers have Outlook 2007. I think that I need the directory location (and file extension?) for the ...

Form Open upon start
I have a form that is going to be used as a switchboard to go to other forms. I want this switchboard to open upon opening the database so that this is the first thing you see. I have a feeling that a macro will be envolved but can't figure out how to get it to do what I want. I am learning Access as I go and am self taught so I don't understand all of the terminology but like I said, I'm learning. Thanks! rbecker wrote: >I have a form that is going to be used as a switchboard to go to other forms. > I want this switchboard to open upon opening the database so that ...

outlook pst file "access denide error"
I am trying to load the pst file from one computer to a new one. each time i use the export/import function I get to the point of importing the file to the new computer and I get an access denied message. since I own both machines how do I get my contacts and email to the new computer Thanks Did you move it to a CD? If so, then you need to Save it to your computer somewhere and then Right click on the saved file to bring up the properties. and remove the "Read Only" property attribute. PST files on a CD are READ ONLY. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] <anonymous@discussi...

Opening Outlook Express Automatically Opens Internet Explorer
Since I ran the Comcast transition (from ATTBI) software opening Outlook Express automatically opens Internet Explorer to Comcast.net. This tends to lock up my e-mail. I would like to know how to stop Internet Explorer from automatically opening when I open Outlook Express. Comcast gave me the complete runaround and told me I had to contact microsoft as it was a software problem I said it only happened after the transition software was installed and Comcast.net was what opened so they must have something to do with it. She said yes but their fixes hadn't worked so I needed to cont...

packager can not package empty files
what does this mean? What are you doing when you get the message? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "packager can not display" <packager can not display@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:453E99EE-7B0C-419D-A1E3-015E1BEC8CC4@microsoft.com... > what does this mean? This same error message started showing up today on 90% of the computers in our school computer lab while trying...

sharing a .PST file over a network
Is it possible to access a .PST file on a remote system? We are NOT running Exchange server, yet we want 2 Outlooks running on 2 different systems to have access to the same .PST file. Both machines run XP Home with OUtlook 2003. In attempting open the .PST file with Outlook on the remote system I get a "You do not have permission" type of error. I have tried to remove the read-only attribute on the parent folder, but it seems to continually revert back to read-only. HOwever, if the folder is in fact READ-ONLY then why doesn't the local Outlook have any access i...