Calendar control in Word 2003

I'm making a form which uses the calendar control 11.0 in Word 2003. I've managed to do so using:
www. fontstuff.com/word/wordtut03a.htm

This works fine on my form. However, the form is to be used at work, on a network (some staff use Citrix, some use PC's). I had to install the calendar control on my PC as described in the link. Only when I am logged on is the calendar useable- I'm assuming other users may have to have it installed, but the trouble is that we are a small department withing a large sector, so, is there any way around this as I doubt my chances at getting the control added for other staff.

Sorry, I say installed on other for other users; the calendar control just has to be 'switched on' as it is installed with the sections installation of word, but it's not visible on the quick access tool bar.
If the OCX file that provides the calendar is not installed, then you are
not going to see the calendar. You can download it from my web page -
http://www.gmayor.com/popup_calendar.htm

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"johnnykunst" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
> I'm making a form which uses the calendar control 11.0 in Word 2003. I've
> managed to do so using:
> www. fontstuff.com/word/wordtut03a.htm
>
> This works fine on my form. However, the form is to be used at work, on a
> network (some staff use Citrix, some use PC's). I had to install the
> calendar control on my PC as described in the link. Only when I am logged
> on is the calendar useable- I'm assuming other users may have to have it
> installed, but the trouble is that we are a small department withing a
> large sector, so, is there any way around this as I doubt my chances at
> getting the control added for other staff.
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.word.vba.general

0
Graham
5/21/2010 12:41:01 PM
Thanks Graham,
the calendar already works fine on my form, but other users aren't able to see the calendar as the control isn't selected on their macines.
The ball is then in their court :)

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

> Thanks Graham,
> the calendar already works fine on my form, but other users aren't able to
> see the calendar as the control isn't selected on their macines.
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl:
> http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.word.vba.general/Calendar-control-in-Word-2003

0
Graham
5/24/2010 5:50:17 AM
Unfortunately most users of the form wouldn't have a clue how to do it, and as staff use different computers, even if I was to manually select the calendar control on their computers, they may be using one that isn't their usual one when inputting on the form.
Is there any other way to control how a user inputs a date in a form field? I need to enforce inputting of the date in a uniform way ie: 24-05-2010 formatted to display Monday 24-05-2010. I'm using Word 2003 at work, so am a bit more limited.
You might have more success with the Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control
6.0 installed with Windows\System32\MSCOMCT2.OCX which is more likely to be
installed by default and which you can add to the vba controls toolbox and
from there to your form. It is coded in much the same way but is somewhat
simpler (and less elegant) to use. If that is not possible then you are
going to have to set the formfield as a date type and set an input mask to
give you the layout you require - there is however still some scope for
erroneous entries.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

> Unfortunately most users of the form wouldn't have a clue how to do it,
> and as staff use different computers, even if I was to manually select the
> calendar control on their computers, they may be using one that isn't
> their usual one when inputting on the form.
> Is there any other way to control how a user inputs a date in a form
> field? I need to enforce inputting of the date in a uniform way ie:
> 24-05-2010 formatted to display Monday 24-05-2010. I'm using Word 2003 at
> work, so am a bit more limited.
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl:
> http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.word.vba.general/Calendar-control-in-Word-2003

0
Graham

Outlook 2003 #108
I receive the following error messages when sending mail using Outlook: "Can't contact LDAP Directory Server (81)" Encryption problems "Microsoft Office Outlook had problems encrypting this message because the following recipients had missing or invalid certificates or conflicting encryption capabilities: Marjorie.Walters@state.sd.us Continue will encrypt and send message but the listed recipients may not be able to read it. Microsoft Office Word: "An error occured in the underlying security system." "LDAP Directory is unavailable (52)" How ...

Outlook 2003 Newsgroups and Business Manager
Hi, I've Outlook 2003 and I tried to use it to read newsgroups, using the customize in the menu bar and putting the option news on the go menu. It worked, but only the first time. The optino news now disapeared from the menu go, and from the customize. Where it go? I tried to repair and don't fix. Another thing is the Business Manager that I installed I think version beta, that crashes often, but I imagine that we can't have a solution on that without more info. Thanks Joao Bras Hi - I have the identical application - and the identical problem. I used the following work-arou...

XML and PivotTables on Excel 2003
Hi, I've got an enormous XML file I'm attempting analyze through pivot tables. For small versions of the file, I can load the whole thing into the worksheet, and construct a Pivot table from the list. But I have a file that is large enough to go far beyond the worksheet size limitations in Excel (64K rows). I've tried loading my XML into Access, but that doesn't seem to give me anything meaningful. (It seems to remove the hierarchy from the XML). I'd like an "XML Datasource" option to Pivot table, but that doesn't seem to be available. Can anyone gi...

column/block/rectangular selection of text in Word 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel What happened to the ability to select a column/block/rectangular selection of text by holding down the alt/option key in Word 2008? How do I make a vertical text selection? <br> Thanks in advance. <br> JBM "Nothing" and "The Same Way" :-) However various things may get in the way: Spaces is one, having the Toolbox open is another. Anything that distracts the focus from the document page can potentially interfere with the operation of this function. As usual, the ...

Compatible publishing program with Word
I currently edit/write the AUSA newsletter for the local chapter here at Ft. Gordon, GA. My problem is in trying to email the newsletter to the various board members. I use Publisher 97 but am looking for another program that will allow Word users to open the email. Have you thought of using Word? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA Word MVP FAQ site: http://www.mvps.org/word Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "sharondschroeder@comcast.net" <anonymous@discussions.micros...

Outlook97 error message when in Calendar
I posted this under Calendaring but thought it might fit here also. I have WinME. When trying to create appointment in Calendar, I get this message after clicking the Save & Close button. "message interface returned unknown error" It won't let me create an appointment. I had installed me_oe_client.reg because OE wasn't listed in the options of Internet Options. Now it is. That part worked. Now I have this other problem. What can I do? ...

Set focus to textbox after spin-button control is pressed??
My userform contains one Textbox and one vertical Spinbutton control. If someone presses either the spin-up or spin-down button, I want the input focus to immediately change from the spinbutton to the textbox control. I tried using the code below: Private Sub SpinButton1_SpinDown() UserForm1.TextBox1.SetFocus End Sub Private Sub SpinButton1_SpinUp() UserForm1.TextBox1.SetFocus End Sub I thought the code above would be sufficient, but sometimes when I press either spin button the focus does not change immediately to the textbox control. It seems like the user has...

control arrays
I'm using VBA with Excel 5 and developing a form. Under VB6 I'd create a control array to allow me to access 10 text boxes using a loop. VBA doesn't appear to allow this. Is there any way to simulate a control array eg by programatically modifying the names of the text boxes? Thanks I never worked on Excel 5, but I do use VBA Collection for loading the different objects. You can load textboxes in a collection and reuse the collection. However, I don't think VBA allows to change the names on runtime. (Please correct me if I am wrong). -- Thanks, Vikas ...

Extract and count unique entries in a list (Excel 2003)
I have a list of items (all text strings, but some rows are blank) in column A. I want to extract a list of all the unique text strings and to count how many occurrences there are of each one. I've had a look at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#CountingUnique but it doesn't quite do what I want. Any help would be gratefully received. Gavin Hi if this is a one-time operation try to use 'Data - filter - Advanced Filter' and check 'Unique entries' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "gavin" <no-one@home.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag n...

Exchange tabs missing on 2 other 2003 DC's
I have a simple question (I hope) I used to have a 2000 GC with exchange 2000 on it. I have now moved to a 2003 domain and have migrated to Exchange 2003. This is all on 1 server, and I know "now" that having the GC on the Exchange server is not a good idea (but we all make due on a limited budget). I have just recently added 2 DC in a hope to move the GC off of the exchange server. Here is my question: Why are the Exchange tabs missing from the 2 other DC’s? I was under the impression that I did not have to install the Exchange management tools on the other DC’s. If this...

Can I Edit The View In Outlook 2003 CalendarTo Be A Six Day Week
I know the choices up top are for a five and seven day week, but I'd like to see Monday through Saturday excluding just Sunday. Can I customize the view and am just missing it? TIA! On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 15:08:17 -0500, Pulu wrote: >I know the choices up top are for a five and seven day week, but I'd >like to see Monday through Saturday excluding just Sunday. Can I >customize the view and am just missing it? > >TIA! Think I got it, Alt-6! I'll try the Alt+6, but I usually have four days in my calendar view, and I highlight the range of days in the...

5pt space between paragraphs when copied from Word to Publisher
When I copy several paragraphs from a word document and paste it in Publisher I always get 5pts added before and after each paragraph. Is there anyway to change this so I don't have to delete the space each time? I have Office version 2003 and Windows XP. Paste special as unformatted text... or Select all, Format, Paragraph, change the before and after. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "BoKay" <BoKay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EB4C534-F64D-409D-AC89-37367675C71D@microsoft.com... > When I copy several paragraphs from a wo...

Migrating to Exchange 2003 Test
I am trying to go to Exchange 2003 (test environment) Here is my senerio Ser-1 Domain controler AD & global catalog server (W2K) Ser-2 Exchange-2000 with restored database (W2K) Ser-3 Exchange-2003 (W2K3) did run forestprep and domainprep before I installed Exchange 2003 no errors. I am always logged on as administrator to the domain on any server, & al Exchange services are running. Problem: No event log errors system or Application on any server Ser-2 I can see the mailboxes from Ser-2 and Ser-3 Ser-3 I can see the mailboxes from Ser-3 but not from Ser-2 The info. store is not moun...

Exchange 2003 #20
I'm using Veritas Backup Exec 9.1 on a W2k Server to backup Exchange 2003. I am unable to get a backup of our Public folders and and mailboxes. When the Public Folders get backed-up it tells me that there are 67 corrupt files. It then backs-up the mailboxes and tells me that 10,751 files were skipped and 1 file was corrupt. All other backups ok fine and are successful. How can I get a backups of our mailboxes and public folders? It this an issue with Veritas backup exec or Exchange? This has only occured since I migrated from exchange 2000 to 2003 Cheers Did you install all Verita...

Why does "windows in taskbar" not work in excel 2003
I am running Excel 2003 on WindowsXP Pro and the Windows in Taskbar does not work. Sometimes the Excel icon in the taskbar will disapear when you click on it; I have to click Alt+Tab in order to see and get to the open Excel session at that point. I ran Excel /regserver and Detect and repair and no luck. Try: Tools > Options > View and ensure Windows In Taskbar is checked. HTH hey DNA, Thanks for the reply but it doesn't work. basically when I turn it off and apply and then switch it back on it works but when Excel is closed and reopend, it no longer works. Anybody? &...

Exchange 2003 computer account
I am running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 network (AD). One of my admins was trying to test the exchange restore, but he screwed up. He setup a test network, isolated from production network. He tried to do restore from tape, etc, etc. I still don't know exactly what he did, but our production exchange is not part of network anymore.. I notice the Exchange server name was missing from Exchange Domain Servers groups in AD. So I added back in. The computer name is still in AD. However we cannot login into Exchange server into domain. When I try to do that, I get a message that says: Window...

Cannot copy table from Excel 2007 to Word 2007 w invisible grid li
How do I copy a table from Excel 2007 to Word 2007 with invisible grid lines? In previous version of Word, it was possible to do so by clicking on "insert special" and choose one of the categories (I have forgotten which). With Word 2007, the grid lines become visible no matter which option I choose under "insert special". Is it possible for you to help me? Thanks! To hide the gridlines, click the View Gridlines button (to deselect the option) on the Table Tools Layout tab. This setting will be preserved between Word sessions. If you are in fact referr...

Re-Installing Microsoft Word
I need to re-install microsoft word where can I go to get the download -- keepitmovn keepitmovn wrote: > I need to re-install microsoft word where can I go to get the download There is no download other than the trial version of Office 2007 (http://us20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/product.aspx?sku=3203819&culture=en-US) or the beta of Office 2010 (http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/default.aspx), both of which will eventually expire. When you first got Office, was it bundled with a new computer? If so, you should have gotten a CD for reinstalling; if you never got ...

Outlook 2000 vs 2003
We have a bunch of public folders that our Outlook 2000 users have had no problems seeing or using the views (on an exchange 2003 server). Recently a few random people sometime cannot display a particular public folder, or the view won't filter properly. If you use 2003 under the same account, the everything works perfectly What's the scoop? -Rob T. ...

change a word file back to a pdf file
i changed a pdf file in to a word file how can i change it back to a pdf file in microsoft outlook. Also i could not read the file in word Please Help You post Word, PDF question in Outlook group? "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A6AFC3C-2780-4182-BAFC-C07D3D9A7FF3@microsoft.com... >i changed a pdf file in to a word file how can i change it back to a pdf >file > in microsoft outlook. > > Also i could not read the file in word > Please Help Did you change it by simply renaming the file extension? -- Kathleen Orland - MVP...

PCI Simple Communications Controller
I'm running XP Pro SP3, and had a scary start-up this am. System found "new hardware" - PCI Simple Communications Controller, I was unable to connect to Internet, and anti-virus start-up scan locked up. I had no problems accessing hard drive files or running installed s/w. After about 3 reboots, everything seems fine, scans found no suspicious files. I took a look at Device Manager and everything looked good, but I was unable to find anything specifically related to PCI Simple Communications Controller. I Googled this Controller, and while I found numerous referenc...

Calculating age from two date fields-Excel 2003
I'm not sure what section this question should go in. I need to find if a person was 40 years of age or older (= or >) at his Date of Hire. I have two columns, Birth Date and Date of Hire. How would I write a formula to give me this answer? Thanks in advance Try this: A1 = DOB B1 = DOH =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"y")>=40 That will return either TRUE or FALSE -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Veteran of the Software Cycles" <VeteranoftheSoftwareCycles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97B155B5-68F0-49EB-910C-549B84737765@microsoft.com... > I...

Advanced filter poor performance in Excel 2003
I have an advanced filter executed in VBA that worked great until upgrading to Excel 2003. When I put in criteria the first time, the filtering works fine, but when the criteria row is blanked out so that all rows are unhidden, it takes forever for that to happen. I suspect that every formula on the sheet is being recalculated. Is there a technical explanation for why this problem happens now? Is there a way to work around this without setting the sheet calculation option to manual? I've seen slow downs when filtering, but usually showing all the rows is quicker--well at...

excel 2002
Hi folks, Have a bit of a problem. My company has a daily report using excel where we copy/paste info from an external source into it. when we were using 97, the growth of the file was fine(would go from a 1meg file to a 1.5meg file most times), but now that we're using the 2002 version, the files sizes are getting pretty silly(again from a 1meg file up to a 3-3.5 meg file.) After some testing, it is because of the four worksheets we paste into. We paste into it, run a macro to move that info into the places we want it, then clear the page....yet those pages are retaining the inf...

publisher/word templates
I use Publisher to create a Newsletter. As my responsibility and coverage area increases, I have to get the Newsletter to more sites. Most people do not have Publisher on their PCs. Is there a location on Microsofts website that has the same templetes for Publisher, but in Word format. kl wrote: > I use Publisher to create a Newsletter. As my > responsibility and coverage area increases, I have to get > the Newsletter to more sites. Most people do not have > Publisher on their PCs. Is there a location on Microsofts > website that has the same templetes for Publishe...