Background picture doesn't display when taking copy off of a Word template

Hi All

Sorry for the myriad of posts from me today.  I am trying to fathom stuff
myself, but I'm on a hot streak of doing stuff today, but at the same time
hitting a few brickwalls.

Basically I have created a background image and applied to my MS Word
template, eg Format / Background / Fill Effects and selected my pic from in
there, and when I'm editing my template I see the bg image no probs.

However when I call a copy of this template via my VB6 app, all of the text
appears but my background image doesn't appear.

If I go back to the template the image is still there, but for some reason
my 'copies' don't get the image.  I'm using Word 2003 is this a common
problem?

Is there a way round it?

Thanks

Mojo

0
Mojo

"Mojo" <please@dont.spam.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> Sorry for the myriad of posts from me today.

Nothing wrong with asking multiple questions.  The "problem" is that most of
them aren't really relevant to VB6. They are questions about the Word object
model, so really, Word programming. Using the Word object model is no
different in VB6 than it is in any other COM-enabled language (other than
minor difference such as how you create the objects). The simple fact that
you're using VB6 doesn't make them VB6 questions.  The people who are going
to be able to help you the most are those that frequent the Word newsgroups,
not the VB newsgroups.

Unless your question is *specifically* about VB6, you should limit the
newsgroups you're posting to the microsoft.public.word.vba.* ones. Post your
questions that *are* specifically about VB6 to microsoft.public.vb.* (and
the enterprise group?  probably shouldn't bother with that one at all as I
don't think it gets hardly any traffic).

Hope this helps out some.

--
Mike

0
MikeD

Displaying a stored image on a form
I created an OLE Object type field in a table and then I inserted an graphic file (JPG). I then created a form on which I want to display my graphic file. I tried to display the graphic in a bound object control but the contol only displays the file name or an icon on the form. How can I get the actual graphic to display? I can display an image on a form but this is only a link to a graphic file and if I move or delete the original graphic file the database connection is lost. I want the image to be stored in the database so there is no linkage to outside files. Has anyone done th...

Displaying Text
Hello, I have an MFC application, where I'm interested in displaying some text for the user in the client area. To do this, I create a device context, and use the .TextOut method to display CStrings. The problem begins when the window is resized, or when a menu that hides the text pops - once the menu is closed, or after the window has been resized, the text (or parts of it) are being erased. How can this be solved? I read that when the window is resized, OnPaint is called, and thus I tried displaying the text from there - hoping to re-display it "after" it has been erased. The...

How to 1. Jump to a specific page (in a massive document) based on a search then 2. Copy and paste an string of characters a few lines above it.
BACKGROUND/CONTEXT I am working from a very large word document, approximately 1000 pages long. Each page has one 'article' on it. I am currently doing something manually, which I would love to do using a macro. I am populating a table (which happens to be in an Excel spreadsheet) One column is the Article number 'xxxxx'. One of the other columns is a 'Topic' which is typically three alphanumeric characters (like AA1, AD4, BB4 DO6 etc.) PROBLEM/TASK This is what i have to do Step 1 - Jump to the page with the article number. Achieved by p...

outlook 2003 sent items column displays "none"
Hi.. When I send a mail message to someone (an exchange user) by Outlook 2003 ; message shown as in sent items 'to column' "to : (none)" (with arrange by to: ) and in message to & cc fields are blank... In addition mail recipients receiving mail to & cc fields are blank.. How can I solve this problem ; can anybody help me ? Thanks.. ...

Display comments as data #2
thanks a lot , this worked exactly as required, the comment go converted to data Now just one more thing . is the vice versa possible i.e if i have dat in column A can it be shown as comment in column B. the reason i need this is bcos i am shifting some data with thei comments to MS access(Hence the need to convert omments to data) processing them and again converting them to excel (the need to conver data back to comments -- sonik ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sonika's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=...

I have to re setup word?
I'did have problems with my computer, I inserted the Fix disk and know he's asking me to re setup Word, excel....... I put in the original CD and still he can not recognise my. "Microsoft office word is not installed for the this user- set up word to install " I tryed also with the C:\ drive, but still gives me the same error. Hope someone can give me a usefull solution. Thanks in Advance Ann You will probably have to run Windows as an Administrator for the setup to work properly. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Ann" <Ann@discussio...

Adding Captions on Pictures
How do I add a caption to a picture in Pub2003? I can do it in Word but can't find the option in Pub. I don't have 2003 but how about putting a text box below, above, or on the picture? -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in America! "David L" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEAFA901-6842-4409-B57D-4A2EB5BFFEC4@microsoft.com... > How do I add a caption to a picture in Pub2003? I can do it in Word but can't find the option in Pub. --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Check...

EndNot Web plug-in prevents closing MS Word 2007
Hi, When I try to close MS Word2007 I get an EndNoteWeb error message "an unknown error occured" and after clicking the ok button, the Word stops responding and restarts the program. This means that the Word is always running in the computer. MS diagnostics does not detect any probelms in the Word. Any advice how to fix the problem? Thanks in advance Suokki Sorry, but you've been misdirected to the group for Word for Macintosh... You can find the Win Office groups here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx Good Luck |...

Copying Formula Text
Is it possible to copy and paste just the text of a formula from on cell to another without going into the formula text window and usin Ctrl+c. Can this be done from multiple cells to multple cells. thanks -- jp ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jpx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=101 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37716 edit/copy select new location edit/paste special, select Values. OR... Right-click the BORDER of the selection and drag to the new location. When you ...

How do I set up Auto complete for common words
I am new to outlook 2007. in outlook 2003 i had many words, such as regards, yours faithfully, etc that would auto complete when i started typing them. in 2007 i can not seem to get this working. Any help would be appreciated. Adam ...

Background Job Hung
I want to use background jobs to manipulate SQL data. I have a PS script JobName.ps1 as the following: param([string]$instance, [string]$database) $destinationConnection = New-Object System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection $destinationConnection.ConnectionString = "Server=$instance;Database=$database;Integrated Security=True" $destinationConnection.Open() $sqlCmd = New-Object System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand $sqlCmd.Connection = $destinationConnection $sqlCmd.CommandText = "TRUNCATE TABLE MyTable ;" $sqlCmd.ExecuteNonQuery() $destinationConnection.Close() ...

ipPhone not in Exchange Details Templates?
Folks, The method for modifying the various Templates includes a subset of the available attributes, and importantly (for me) the subset does not include ipPhone! Do you know how the subset is generated so I might be able to put ipPhone in the list, or how otherwise to display the attribute? I want to display it on the User Details Template. I intend to raise a support call about this, but if anyone knows... Thanks, Simon. ...

copy notes to a doc
I would like to copy all my notes (with details) to a document. Is this possible? ...

Lost my links to Visio diagrams in Word, How to restore them?
I had lots of links in my Word file to diagrams in a Visio document in the same directory. They have all disappeared. Word now says the file may not be there or is corrupted. It may have been that the directory was renamed. Is there a way to recover the links or do I have to delete all the current diagrams in Word and repaste the links using "Paste Special" again. Thanks in advance, -- Marco UCO Lick Observatory Laboratory for Adaptive Optics ...

Having problems when I assign a background
Good morning, I am working in Visio 2007 (Standard Edition). I have created a document with seven pages (named 'Q 1' thru 'Q 7'). As I would like a background/watermark on all of them I have done the following: Clicked the tab for page 'Q 1' and 'Insert Page'. I named the page 'Draft', and assigned the background page to all the foreground pages through 'Page Setup'. When I finished the order of the pages were messed up, and I can not reorder the pages. They are all locked in position. I tried with another visio document and the same thin...

copying non adjancent cells
sorry Ms. debra dalagliesh I missed your reply to my query. I got it later through google groups search. thank you very much for clarifying my doubts. I am repeating your message for the sake of readers seeing only this messagae copy of Ms. Dalgleish's message from: Debra Dalgleish (dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com) Subject: Re: copying non adjacent cells If you want to copy multiple ranges, the selections must match in rows and columns In each column, the same rows must be selected, or nothing is selected In each row, the same columns must be selected, or nothing is selected For example, you...

How do I display quartiles and median in a chart?
Hello, I want to make a chart displaying the quartiles and median in a series of data. I am using the =quartile() formula to determine the quartiles but cannot find a way to display everything in a chart (i want to drop vertical lines in the position of the quartiles and display the data of the quartile). Can any one help? Start here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLineHorzSeries.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email <g.yanchev@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174495365.279791.138800@n76g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > ...

Why is Word 2008 taking soooo looong to open?
I've never seen anything like this. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks. All My Best, Jeffrey Impossible to even think about the question without details of exact Word and OS version. Jeffrey Ellis wrote: > I've never seen anything like this. Am I doing something wrong? > > Thanks. > > All My Best, > Jeffrey > > How can anyone say whether you're doing anything wrong when we don't know what you're doing, how you're doing it, or what you're doing it with? Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 5/29/08 10:36 AM, in article C...

email downloads require right click to download pictures
I know the saftey precautions that Outlook (2003) has concerning the downloading of pictures (right-click to download pictures) Also know how to set the options under security. My problem is that if I decide to right click and download the pictures, it does not always work unless I close he first try then right open the email a 2nd time and ths time the pctures will download. TIA, BL ...

Sudden trouble with Entourage and Word for Mac
Hope somebody can help -- here part of my Chat session with Apple Support to explain the situation. Last night, I downloaded the software update that came through on the automatic alert -- I think it was the latest OS X upgrades. At that time I did not restart the computer as I normally do, because I was working on other things. I simply chose the Shut Down option when I was done. This morning I started up again and since I did, I cannot get any of my MS Office for Mac apps to work properly. Since the only thing that changed was that the update was downloaded and must have been installed when...

Copy without function
I'm trying to copy a woksheet from one workbook to another but do not want the file name attached to the function (formula), just the function itslef, is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance. One way would be to copy and then change the links. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:f1d601c43da2$d507f000$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to copy a woksheet from one workbook to another > but do not want the file name attached to the function > (formula), just the function itslef, is there a w...

Word 2007 Language
How do I set the toolbar and all the bottoms to Japanese? The easiest way is to buy your copy of Office in Japan. But in Regional and Language Options, you can change the language Windows operates in -- differently depending on your version of Windows. On Jan 19, 12:04=A0pm, Ricku\y <Ric...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I set the toolbar and all the bottoms to Japanese? You can also buy an inexpensive "language pack" that allows you to switch the ribbon and dialog boxes to Japanese. The language pack also comes with proofing tools such as a s...

Inserting picture in publisher
when I insert a picture as a background it adds it as a tiled back ground, rather than 1 picture. Please can any one give me a tip on how to get rid of the tiles. Using windows xp. When you use the "Format Background" you will get tiling. Find a picture you like, place it on the Master Page; stretch it to fit. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "rizzo" <rizzo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64C8D107-0F74-4416-AEFE-A7368C3A69FB@microsoft.com... > when I insert a picture as a background it adds it as a tiled back ground, > rather than 1...

Display Account Description and Vendor Name on Ptr Friendly Report
3/30/2006 8:03:00 AM PST -- Pam Peterson Good morning, David. My name is Pam and I will be assisting you with your Business Portal question today. I understand that you would like to be able to modify the printer friendly report that is generated from Requisition Management. Currently the Account number and Vendor ID print but you would like to add the Account Description and Vendor Name. Unfortunately at this time the product does not have this functionality. Please use the following link to access our newsgroups and enter this as a suggestion. ---------------- This post is a sugg...

"The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your administrator."
When I try to create a new appointment in Outlook 2003 (with all the latest updates) on my Windows XP Home Edition SP2 (with all the latest updates) I get the following message: "The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your administrator." What now??????? Austin Powers wrote: > When I try to create a new appointment in Outlook 2003 (with all the > latest updates) on my Windows XP Home Edition SP2 (with all the > latest updates) I get the following message: > > "The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact...