Autonew creates a new document from template and a new blank docum

I have a couple of users who are getting a new document based on a template,
but it's also creating a new blank document.  This is not happening for other
users running the same autonew macro.

Can anyone tell me if they've seen this happen before and what the solution
is?

Thank you!

Post the autonew macro code.
Word version?
--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a couple of users who are getting a new document based on a
>template,
> but it's also creating a new blank document.  This is not happening for
> other
> users running the same autonew macro.
>
> Can anyone tell me if they've seen this happen before and what the
> solution
> is?
>
> Thank you!

0
Graham
2/10/2010 11:29:22 AM
I found the issue Graham...I open a template to run a user form, and based on
the selection, one of 5 templates will be opened.  I had not added code to
close the active document.

You are a gem, and I'm sorry to have posted up without reading my code more
carefully.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> Post the autonew macro code.
> Word version?
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a couple of users who are getting a new document based on a
> >template,
> > but it's also creating a new blank document.  This is not happening for
> > other
> > users running the same autonew macro.
> >
> > Can anyone tell me if they've seen this happen before and what the
> > solution
> > is?
> >
> > Thank you!
>

> .

Cannot create shortcut for Mapi Folder in Outlook Bar for OL2K
Hi all, While trying to create shortcut for Mapi Folders in Outlook bar for OL2000,we are getting an error saying "Can't copy the items. Could not open the item. try again" However one can easily drag the same Mapi folders to the Outlook bar in OL2K3 and OLXP. We are writing our code in C++. The following properties are populated for the IMAPIFolder by our service providers: PR_MDB_PROVIDER PR_STORE_SUPPORT_MASK PR_ENTRYID PR_PARENT_ENTRYID PR_ACCESS PR_ACCESS_LEVEL PR_RECORD_KEY PR_STORE_RECORD_KEY PR_MAPPING_SIGNATURE PR_DISPLAY_NAME PR_FOLDER_TYPE PR_CONTENT_COUNT PR_CON...

2 copies of every new e-mail!
I asked my computer guru to make sure my e-mail goes to my desktop PC and my laptop. That seems to be working, but now I am getting 2 copies of every e-mail in my inbox Can somone tell me how to turn this off so I only receive one copy of each e-mail? On 30 Apr 2004 10:06, "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I asked my computer guru to make sure my e-mail goes to my desktop PC >and my laptop. That seems to be working, but now I am getting 2 copies >of every e-mail in my inbox. > >Can somone tell me how to turn this off so I only receive one...

publisher/word templates
I use Publisher to create a Newsletter. As my responsibility and coverage area increases, I have to get the Newsletter to more sites. Most people do not have Publisher on their PCs. Is there a location on Microsofts website that has the same templetes for Publisher, but in Word format. kl wrote: > I use Publisher to create a Newsletter. As my > responsibility and coverage area increases, I have to get > the Newsletter to more sites. Most people do not have > Publisher on their PCs. Is there a location on Microsofts > website that has the same templetes for Publishe...

Template form security issue
Hi I have created an order form in Excel 2000 on my pc on the network drive and saved it as a Template - I protected certain cells and now I have moved to other pcs in the company and am locating it on the server and trying to shortcut it to the other users. Each time the other users open this template they are getting a security warning. I have tried to go back to the original template but have noticed that the security on my pc is already Low. How can I overcome this problem??? Thanks in advance Ann Ireland If this is a macro warning, then the setting belongs with each user. E...

Ignore a Blank Data Series in the Legend
Hi, I'm creating Pie Charts based on data from 10 data series fields. Some of the data fields are blank, and so I've managed to create data labels that only show on the Pie Chart if there is a value (otherwise the Chart was too hard to read due to lots of blank labels). However, if I show the Legend, the blank data series field still appear, so I have say, 4 labels with the correct data series names but 6 which are blank. Can I make the Legend ignore blank fields, and just show the 4 that have values? Thanks You can manually remove individual legend entries. Click on the lege...

Can't install new report service server
Hi, We occured one problem when install crm3. Our enviroment is win2003 sp1,sql2005. When running setup program "Install new report service server" option is grey. But in our sql server there is no report services installed.There is vs2005 installed on this computer.And I notice asp.net version is 2.0.Is that cause by asp.net 2. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Cheers, Kevin When you have SQL Server 2005, you will need to install the report server that comes with SQL Server 2005 and have the Microsoft CRM v3.0 attach to it. The Report Services is an option with SQL Server...

Outlook Template Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C55D55.E934EB90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a document that I want to save as a template to use over and over = again. I have read the instructions found here: = http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051892651033.aspx but I = cannot do this part... 1.. In the Save as type box, click Document Template. This file type = will already be selected if you are saving a file that you created as a = template. Is this something that come...

Preventing Subject Line from Being Blank
I use Outlook 2002 every day. But I have the terrible habit of forgetting to enter a subject in the Subject Text Line. Is there a way to get Outlook to remind me that I do not have a subject? I known Outlook Express (6.0) would ["�you do not have a subject �send anyway?"]. Thanks in advance. .. . . RL ~ 4/16/04 ...

Unable to send new mail in OWA- new message button not working
Hi, we are having problem when users are trying to use OWA on Exchange 2003. The problem is that we can not write new message or do reply on old messages. When we press new message nothing is happening. I think that the problem is on the server side because we have tried from different client PC's (different OS - XP, Vista, 7) with different web browsers ( IE 6,7, Firefox, Opera). Only in IE 6 I have managed to write new message but when you press send the message disappears.In the down left corner I get the message Page error The server is Exchange 2003 Standard with SP2 and al...

Urgent help needed with continous page numbers but new footnotes!
Hello, I really really need some urgent help with a page numbering/footnote numbering/section breaks problem- I’m at my wit’s end! I’m not brilliant on computers and am trying to complete my dissertation using Word 2007. I need to start my page numbers within the footer on page 3 of the document, and I know how to do this using a section break, (although I seem to be having a bit of trouble with this too!). However, for each new chapter of my dissertation I need to start a new set of footnotes from number 1, while continuing the page numbering system throughout. So if the se...

Insufficient permission to create an account
Hello there! We recently migrated from 1.2 to 3.0 Now, all users that do not have the role System Administrator (all roles migrated automatically) cannot create an Account even though they could at the previous installation. Any help? Regards, Elena ...

Open previously opened serialized file != new open serialize file
Doing some testing of my reworked serialize code this morning (thanks for the help Sigurd and Headache - it fixed the pointer problems) and ran into something I don't understand. If I open a previously unopened (in the session) serialized file everything works fine. But if I close the file and reopen it, some of the pointers are undefined and the session crashes. Looking in the debugger, it does go through the ::Serialize code the second time, but clearly isn't actually reading it from disk since the pointer values have changed (from reasonable to cdcdcdcd). I assume the sessio...

Creating a letterhead with continuation pages
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I can just about manage to create a letterhead template but I cannot work out how to get the continuation pages to follow on. All I can manage is the whole letterhead needlessly and wastefully repeating page after page, surely there is a way of having the letterhead as a one off page one and then all subsequent pages with a much pared down content?? Try creating the first page with the header. then get out of header. the hit return one or two lines the create a section break in that go to header and make ...

How to import an excel document (form) into publisher
I have tried several times to import a form I produced in excell but every time I try it shuts down my publisher document I am importing to. Which versions of the software? What steps are you taking? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Warren" <Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBC5D466-CE90-4657-BDFD-577984D46723@microsoft.com... >I have tried several times to import a form I produced in excell but every > time I try it shuts down my publisher document I am importing to. Have you tried: 1. Copy > Paste from Excel to Publisher...

Extra (blank) browser window
Whenever I click on a link in an Outlook e-mail two Internet Explorer windows pop up. The first one is completely blank. The second one is the page I selected. This doesn't happen if I click on a shortcut or favorite. It started happening a few weeks ago. As I've tried to reconstruct the chain of events in my mind (which may be faulty), I started getting error messages when clicking on links from Outlook. A dialog popped up saying it could not find a file, and IE would not come up. Thinking Outlook had forgotten where the web iexplore.exe was, I pointed it to that lo...

Creating an array
Hello, I am new to the forums. I have been learning Powershell in my spare time and it has been challenging to say the least. I have hit a small snag. I have written a script that will search a directory and all sub-directories contained within for .txt files. Once the .txt files have been found the script looks at the contents of the .txt files for a certain string. If the string is found within the .txt file it is copied to another directory. What I would like to do is create an array which contains all of the copied .txt files. I would like the contents of the array to b...

Workflow Rule using Email Template error
I have a workflow rule that is set to send an email template on a case assign. I am able to email with setting up rules without using the template. The workflow rule fails, giving the following error message: The user I am assigning the case to does have the correct email in the primary email field. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMWorkflowService Description: The description for Event ID ( 5895 ) in Source ( MSCRMWorkflowService ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You ...

Publisher can't open a file it just created
Working with Publisher 2003 we just reinstalled it on a computer because it started have problems opening publisher 2003 files. If I create a new file in publisher then save it, when I try to open it again it tells me that it can not open this file. Has anyone else run into this? It happened on another computer once before and we formated and reinstalled windows. I'd like to not have to re install windows if I can help it. Chris Are you saving the file to the hard drive? Do you have Norton? If so disable "script blocking" and in Norton's options disable "Of...

R4 ds/dsi firmware-drivers de R4 Sdhc. R4 ultra, R4 new, R4 III upgrade, R4 v3
Hola,, aqui teneis una web donde encontre una recopilacion de firmware o drivers de las R4 Sdhc ,R4 Ultra,R4 New, R4 III Upgrade. R4 Dsi, R4 ui. http://www.r4spain.com/tienda Pinchas en el enlace de arriba y en la parte inferior izda haces click en el boton DESCARGAR, aparecera un menu con muchos driver para distintas R4 DS. Espero que os sirva de ayuda. Saludetes Gorka ...

Unable to import contacts to new computer
I've exported contacts and e-mails to pst folders on my old computer, when trying to import to Outlook on the new computer I get an error message that access is denied. I'm the administrator on both systems. Neither system appears to have Exchange on them (all articles say to change permission properties in exchange). How do I move my information from one computer to another at this point?? Make sure the .PST file isn't marked read-only. If it's on a CD, move it to your hard drive and remove the read-only attribute. Look here for all the information you need on bac...

2 Workflows
I need to create a workflow that, when a field is populated in one entity, will create an Alert prompt to the user as a reminder that they need to edit a field on another entity. And I would also like to know how to create a workflow that will, when a field is populated in one entity, create a new record for another (related) entity. Is this possible? Thank you very much. On Aug 17, 6:49=A0am, Bernardina <d...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to create a workflow that, when a field is populated in one entity= , > will create an Alert prompt to the user as a reminde...

Transfering my money plus program to a new computer?
I bought my Money Plus on line last September. I need to move it and its backup files to a notebook for traveling. I have the codes etc. and hoped to be able to simply go to the "digital river" site noted on my bill. That site bounces??? Any ideas how i can move my program to my notebook on line. I did not buy a disk, I bought it on-line ( wish I hadn't done that! ) any help appreciated. thanks Rich When you downloaded from the DR website did you save to your hard disk? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial FAQs see http://money.mvps.org/ or h...

Money 2006 and adding new bank accounts
I just loaded Money Deluxe 2006 and when I try to add a bank account for the Hudson Valley Credit Union, Money links me to the MSN Billpay website instead of asking to provide the sign-in information for the Credit Union. Also, the same thing happens when I try to add an account for Visions Federal Credit Union as well. HELP Thanks much ...

Create a package for distribution?
Dear Sir/Madam, I am using M.S. Access 2007 to develop projects, but I am not yet familiar with the new interface please help me with the following: I tried to make a package to place it on a CD and distribute it, so I down loaded and installed AccessRuntime.exe and AccessDeveloperExtensions.exe, and finally I saw a new command at the end of the office button (on the top left side of the screen) I used it to make a package having setup.exe, next day I couldn�t see that command any more!!! Why and how can I find it? Thanks in advanced Hi Ramzi, Do you have more than one version o...

New Iterm Alert for IMAP in Outlook 2007 Sp2
I am using Outlook 2007 SP2 on a Windows XP Professional Platform.I am syncing my gmail account with Outlook using IMAP.I have also set up the below rule to alert me when a new mail arrives in my gmail account: 'Apply this rule after the message arrives through the pc@gmail.com account and on this machine only play chimes.wav and display New Mail in the New Item Alert Window.' I do get the New Item Alerts pop up window when i recieve new mails in gmail but when i click on ‘Open item’ in this window it gives me the following message: ‘The item cannot be opened.It...