Autonew creates a new document from template and a new blank docum

I have a couple of users who are getting a new document based on a template,
but it's also creating a new blank document.  This is not happening for other
users running the same autonew macro.

Can anyone tell me if they've seen this happen before and what the solution
is?

Thank you!

Post the autonew macro code.
Word version?
--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a couple of users who are getting a new document based on a
>template,
> but it's also creating a new blank document.  This is not happening for
> other
> users running the same autonew macro.
>
> Can anyone tell me if they've seen this happen before and what the
> solution
> is?
>
> Thank you!

0
Graham
2/10/2010 11:29:22 AM
I found the issue Graham...I open a template to run a user form, and based on
the selection, one of 5 templates will be opened.  I had not added code to
close the active document.

You are a gem, and I'm sorry to have posted up without reading my code more
carefully.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> Post the autonew macro code.
> Word version?
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a couple of users who are getting a new document based on a
> >template,
> > but it's also creating a new blank document.  This is not happening for
> > other
> > users running the same autonew macro.
> >
> > Can anyone tell me if they've seen this happen before and what the
> > solution
> > is?
> >
> > Thank you!
>

> .

Creating array of specific object types dynamically
Hi, little gotcha. Some COM objects requires array of specific type. To give you example, following DOESN'T work: [array]$X = @() However below code works: [int32[]]$X = @() For my framework, array type can be dynamic and I don't know in advance what type it's going to be. So what I would need is below: [$PropertyType[]]$X = @() This doesn't work with error message "Unable to find type". As a workaround, I solved it using following: Invoke-Expression "[$$PropertyType[]]`$Var = @()" This code works as expected, I am just curious if ...

Payroll calculator template
What are the tax status numbers on the payroll calculator? Any suggestions on the set up of the calculator? ...

Microsoft Great Plains SDK Documentation.
Any idea where i can find Microsoft Great Plains SDK Documentation.(We dont have Microsoft Great Plains License). Thanks Nath Nath -- If you have a Universal subscription to MSDN you are able to download the SDK information for Microsoft Great Plains. -- Kirsten Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Nath" <Nath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BAB062FF-8C3D-42F8-BA00-0F83A95D5B64@microsoft.com... &g...

Lock-Protect documents
Excel 2002 sp2 How do you protect cells from being edited? I need to lock/protect all but 4 cells from being edited on a worksheet. I go into the 'format cells' properties of the 4 cells and 'unlock' them, and go into the 'format cells' properties of the rest and lock them. Then I go to tools, protection, protect sheet, I add a password and check only 'unlocked cells'. This isn't doing it, I can still edit the sheet, I emailed it to someone else and he can edit the sheet. What am I doing wrong? Thank you! You could prompt for a password using an in...

automaticly create graph
what i would like to do is create a spread sheet where by i entered the fixed and variable costs as well as the selling price. i would then like a graph to automaicly change and display the this info. Does anyone know how to do this. Decide which cells on the spreadsheet you wish to include in the chart. Select those cells. Follow the menu option: Insert/ Chart, and answer the questions in the wizard. Have you looked in Excel help at the topics concerned with charts, starting with "Create a chart"? Have you looked at the training material under http://office.microsoft.com/...

Create static text from cell reference

Creating a Graph
hi all, i want to create a grapg dynamically getting the values from a file.. take for example the first row is the x axis and the second row is the y axis. i am planning to do this in mfc. what needs to be done for this.. if somebody has an example relating this please send me the link or the code.. thanks Read the data. Plot it. First, you have to read the data. You read the data and build an array of <x,y> pairs in whatever way you want to save them, e.g., int, float, double. This is pretty elementary programming. To do a graph in a very fancy way, you should use an existing gra...

template
can anyone provide me a link for a template for salary paying program ...

Add new record through Form view
I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command button which will add a new record to my table. On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table in a form. On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 11:11:01 -0800, Ranjith Kurian <RanjithKurian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command >button which will add a new record to my table. >On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table >in a form. The Click event should show [Event Proced...

Send out blank reply
Recently, after receiving a message, my Outlook 2000 is sending out a blank reply message to the sender automatically. Would this cause by setting or virus? ...

Only new email window?
Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other apps running. Please let me know if that is possible. Thank you, Steve Steve F. <sf@flintind.com> wrote: > Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does > not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email > window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other > apps running. Create a shortcut whose target is: "%Pr...

Create a Loop for create a phone call
Hi Best Regards Excuse me for my bad english I am developing a workflow, which must create automatically phone calls and assign them to certain users of the following way: it must create the number of 10 calls and to assign them to user 1, to create 5 calls and to assign them to user 2 etc the data of the phone calls is in a database I am trying to create a loop but I have not found like I am thankful for your help regards You will need to do this using the CRM SDK/web service. Do something like : CrmService service = new CrmService(); // Setup the CrmService class here foreach (U...

Creating formulas to calculate time on a 24 hr time clock
I have to create a spreadsheet that will calculate total hrs worked. I've tried several different ways but I guess I don't know enough about building formulas to actually make the thing work. For example, I used a basic formula D3=A3-B3+IF(A3>B3,1)*12. This works to show the time but not the number of hours worked. If an employee comes in 1/2 hour late, it does not properly calculate this. How can I correct my formula? MW I have tried your formula and it works fine (with start time in B3 and finish time in A3). Format the reult as h:mm and it's OK. Andy "MWI...

Cursor on new message window but no text appears when typed?
When using Outlook 2003 for sending new e-mail, I'm unable to type text into the message body. The cursor appears but no text shows. Text appears when I use Word 2003 to send my new e-mail message. It is more convenient for me to use Outlook. Help. ...

Extra word prints that does not show when viewing the document
When I print my document or view it, this extra word is not there. When the document prints, this hidden word is in the printed document. How do I find this hidden word and delete it? If it prints, you know where it is. Have you turned on your nonprinting characters, etc? Have you tried copying and pasting it into a new blank document? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "S Roberts" <S Roberts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C437AFE5-8C0F-4859-8994-AA78D18CA573@mi...

using rule creates multiple entries. How can I stop this?
I'm going to give you the details of this so maybe someone can just tell me how to correct or whether it can be corrected. I've tried creating different rules, rules with exceptions, multiple rules with multiple exceptions, all I can think. Here is the scenario. Although I'm using Lisa as an example, this problem applies to every staffer in my 9 person office. Lisa is my secretary. She sends me internal email, staff questions and stuff which goes to a a "Staff" subfolder of the Inbox. I have a rule for this. She also sends me mail she has scanned. I ha...

How do I unlock the document in my Windows Messenger?
I have been trying to use the Windows Messenger that was pre installed in my computer and I have even upgraded to Windows Messenger 5.1 hoping that I could finally utilize it but unfortunately, everytime I would send a message, There is always that statement that" the modification of this document is locked". Can you please help me with this and unlock whatever it is that has been locked so I can use the Windows Messenger? Messenger? Are you trying to relate this to Outlook somehow? FYI Messenger 5.1 is extremely old. You should upgrade. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http...