Automatically sending a daily report in word as an attachment

 I hope you can help with this. I have a daily report that needs to be mailed
to a co-worker. It is a simple list of clients served in a word 2003
document. I would like to automate the process. I right clicked on a toolbar
and went to customize, I found the command send mail recipient as attachment
and dragged the button to the standard toolbar. I assigned an email hyperlink
to it. The button works perfectly as far as sending an email automatically
but it doesn't send the contents of the document on the screen. I want the
current document to be attached to the email as it is sent. What am I doing
wrong. I saved the report and reopened it , typed in new information and
still nothing.  Any sugggestions

Thanks
Tom

See the article "How to send an email from Word using VBA” at:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/InterDev/SendMail.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I hope you can help with this. I have a daily report that needs to be
> mailed
> to a co-worker. It is a simple list of clients served in a word 2003
> document. I would like to automate the process. I right clicked on a
> toolbar
> and went to customize, I found the command send mail recipient as
> attachment
> and dragged the button to the standard toolbar. I assigned an email
> hyperlink
> to it. The button works perfectly as far as sending an email automatically
> but it doesn't send the contents of the document on the screen. I want the
> current document to be attached to the email as it is sent. What am I
> doing
> wrong. I saved the report and reopened it , typed in new information and
> still nothing.  Any sugggestions
>
> Thanks
> Tom

0
Doug

Can't get the proper display of a field in my report.
I have 2 tables, both using autonumbers for their primary key. The first table is for contacts (i.e. last name, first name, etc.). The second table is for businesses (business name, etc.) I have a field in my contacts table that has a number format so it can be used as a foreign key for the business table. I then set up the relationship between them & enforced referential integrity. When I run a query, I see the name of the business (after setting up a combo box) - no problem. When I run a report based on that query, a number is displayed (not the business name). Suggestions, pleas...

Controlling printed records when report bound to multiple tables
I created a report that uses the control from a form to generate a report based on that record's primary key. This form also has a subform which has relationships tied to the primary key for record identification and is linked to the main table. When preview the report the data from the subform either does not show up in the preview when using the filter [control]=[form]![control].[value] or makes multiple copies of the report equal to the number of entries in the subform's table. Is there any way around this? I have tried queries but have not found a way to use a f...

Date format in a report
The date is formatted in my table in yyyy/mmm/dd. In one report I need to run for another organization the format needs to be in dd/mmm/yyyy format. How can I change the way it displays in the report? I do not want to change it in the table as I generally want the format to be yyyy/mmm/dd. -- Charlie You can simply use either the format property for the control or you can use the Format() if you need to set the format to something that doesn't already exist. Format([YourDataFieldName],"dd/mmm/yyyy") -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.carda...

generate report thru pracle to excell
Recently i upgraded to ms office 2003 since then I'm not able to generate reports thru oracle unto excell (online ). But when I log in an administrator in the local system I'm able to generate the report. the same does not happen with domain users ...

Report: "You have no transactions for the item you selected."
Hi, I've run into a glitch I can't figure out. I'm working with the Monthly income and expenses report. There are amounts listed under the Income - Unassigned category. When I double-click the category to see the transactions, I get the message in the Subject. I did a split-half search to find the supposed account that it registering the amount, but cannot find any transactions that are in error. I tried a Standard Repair without any change. Help! I should add that this is Money 2007. "Robert Berus" <rberus@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message news:OFn...

Outlook Web Access attachment problem
We have a program that will generate a .snp file and then email it to whatever recipient it needs to go to. If they receive the email in Outlook it will allow them to open the file properly with the Snapshot viewer. However, if they go to the same email in OWA and try to save the attachment, it attempts to save it as an .mdb file. Why would OWA ignore the original extension and try to give it a different one? "Joe Giddings" <j_nospam_giddings@thehammocksource.com> wrote in news:jI9gd.11726$ta5.6952@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net: > We have a program that will genera...

Report Detail section coding
Is there a way I can know when the detail section of report moves to the first record of a new group. Something like..... If Me.DetailSection.BOF Then I am using Access 2007 Any help is always appreciated. Thanks, Wally wallymeister wrote: >Is there a way I can know when the detail section of report moves to the >first record of a new group. Something like..... > >If Me.DetailSection.BOF Then > >I am using Access 2007 Add a text box to the detail section and set its expression to =1 and RunningSum property to Over Group. The value of the te...

mail sending problem
Hi , I am very new in the exchange server just now I have deployed Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 at my organization now i have some problem in that . I am able to send mail outside the domain except yahoo .whenever I am sending mail from my exchange mail id to any yahoo mail id it is showing me mail has been sent but on yahoo id it is not delivering even I am not getting the DFR, second I wants to know that can we take the backup of single mail box (boxs) and please tell me step by step how can we take backup (at least the location ) Thanks in Advance Madi The most probable reason is t...

Unattend configure Send/Receive Group / PRF file -Outlook XP
Hi, Have to rollout 4000 laptops with Offline Storage enabled. I want to automatically configure outlook to: - use OST file - Synchronize when logging on and off - Download and sync. the general address book I have made a PRF file (using CIW) that creates OST file...so far so good... But I can't unattend set the option to sync when logging on and off. It seems this setting is stored in an SRS file in the users profile!! Second item, default the first address book in the list is synchronised. Is there a way to auto configure Outlook XP to sync OST fiel when logging on and off, (ins...

Can't send e-mails from Outlook 2003 after SP1
After installing service pack SP1 for Office 2003, I can't send e-mails anymore. They are stuck in the outbox folder. The error message states that the connection to the server was interrupted. I did not change any settings and checking them confirms that everything is as it should be. Did anyone else experience the same issue and how did you resolve it? Thanks for your help Matthias See if you can manually move those messages from your Outbox and then check all your settings again. "Mattliusa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cb7401c48a5...

Report of Employees not paid
What do you think would be the easiest way to generate a report for a pay period showing anyone who had not been paid that pay period--like a payroll exception report for anyone with wages = 0 for a given pay period. Thanks! -- Debbie from Wipfli It's easy to do outside of GP. If you had MS Access or can write a SQL query in SQL Server Query Analyzer, you join the Employee Master table (UPR00100) with the Check History Table (UPR30100) but restrict it to where the values in the joined fields in the Check History table are null. MS Access has a wizard that will create the query for...

report prefiltering does not work for custom entity
Please help. I've been trying for days but can't get the reports prefiltering to work for my custom entity. I created a simple report with the CRMAF_ prefix and deploy to the CRM server. The report works fine and display all data OK. Except the pre filter does not work i.e. the "Edit Filter" button does not show. My question is: Does report prefiltering works for custom entity? I saw a lot of posts regarding this topic and tried all the suggestions i could find, but still no luck. I tried the microsoft tutorial in creating a prefilterable report base on the account...

how to compare 2 values in a report (Invoice Total vs Payments)
while running a report how would I set a message "out of balance" if my invoice amount (Table 1 ) does not equal the value of my total payments (table 2). If the values were the same then no message would be printed. Thank You Create a new command button to check the report before you print it. You will have to enter code for the button along the lines of: If [Invoice Total] <> [Payments] Then MsgBox "This account is out of balance" Endif "Rita" wrote: > while running a report how would I set a message "out of balance" if > my invo...

Outlook Express blocking some attachments
My boss is sending me perfectly safe attachments, usually graphics, and Express blocks them so I can't open while letting through other attachments in the same email. What can I do to fix this? Thanks! Tools->Options->Security. I have lost count, but this must be close the 100,000th repeat of the same question. Next time, try google. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find so...

Report repeats a field
Example: John Smith 2,14 5,27 3,18 John Smith 3,17 4,27 7,34 John Smith 1,22 6,57 8,92 I want that the report shows a name(John Smith) only one time like this: John Smith 2,14 5,27 3,18 3,17 4,27 7,34 1,22 6,57 8,92 The report get the informations from a Query that get the information from a table. One way to do this would be to set the "name" control's Hide Duplicates property to Yes. Another way to do this would be to use Sorting & Grouping, then Gro...

automatically numbering rows
I wish to have rows automatically numbered in column "A" according to the content in column "B". If column "B" has text or numbers in a cell I do not want to number that row in column "A". If column "B" is blank in a cell I want to number that row in column "A". I found the following formula that works the opposite of what I want "=IF(B1<>"",COUNTA($B$1:B1)&".","")" . What would the formula be if I wanted to numerically count the blank cells in "B" and skip the conte...

Sorting Data Automatically
I am importing text into a new worksheet and would like to run a macro that can perform labour a labour intensive sort/deletion. Column A contains a mixture of text strings as follows: QR4567 QR4567/QT1223 QR4290 QR4290/QT1224 What I would like to do is determine how many QR's have associated QT's and how many QR's are remaining that dont have associated QT's. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Alan Bartley Sydney Australia Hi Alan not sure how the sorting comes into this - sounds more like needing a formula to count when a cell contains both QR & QT as op...

losing attachments
When sending a file-as an attachment to an outlook email-to a client the client gets the e-mail with no attachment. This client is the only person this happens to. Other people with in my workgroup and domain can send to her with out issue. I've checked the firewall, the virus protection software, and the outlook application but can not find anything wrong. For what its worth I am using office 200 on a winxp pro box connecting to the internet on a fractional T1 line. GMW and the recipient is using what mail client? the reason that I ask is that if you are sending in Rich Text Form...

file attachment
when I try to attach a file to an email, outlook shuts down before I can even choose a file to attach. How do I solve this? ...

Tax Reporting
Here in the UK we have 3 main Tax Rates 17.5% Value Added Tax(VAT), 5% VAT and Zero Vat. We have a customer that uses all three in his business and he wanted the X/Z Reports to reflect what the value was of each VAT Rate sold even though his overall Tax Rate, which is correct, is the only figure that should concern him as that is what he ultimately pays. We have set up an X Report Format to give this information, however, it isn't totally accurate and wondered if there was a better way of making the report simply show the correct total!! For Example:- A sale of mixed Tax Items(5% ...

Outlook 2000 and Outlook Express
Even though Outlook Express Security concerning receiving attachments is not checked, whenever I send an attachment from Outlook 2000 it is not received by Outlook Express. Has anyone had this problem and if so what is the solution? See my reply to your earlier post. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "John" <dtfpublish1@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:0cd701c35c2c$3543ad50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Even though Outlook Expre...

care to share your custom reports?
One of the features that MS Money has that online competitors like Mint, Wesabe, etc. do not have is custom reports. I find the custom reports I have set up extremely useful. Anyone care to share what custom reports they have set up? I understand that since these are custom reports, they may not be useful for others. However, I'm hoping for enough responses that a few would apply to anyone. Here are some that I have: 1. Refundable deposits - This report lists all transactions that have a certain word in the memo field - for me that word is "_REFUNDABLE_". I do this sort of ta...

Report Totals 03-25-10
I created a report with totals. See below sample. Date Type1 Type2 Servs1 Servs2 Type Total Serv Total 71/2009 10 20 30 35 30 65 7/2/2009 11 22 33 44 33 77 I used the =NZ for Row Totals and =Sum for column Totals. I tried to get column totals for 'Type Total' column and also for 'Serv Total' column. I couldnt figure it out. Can someone please tell me what to do? On Mar 25, 3:54=A0pm, Summing multiple fields on a form ...

Excel -> Word #2
It's pretty strange - I couldn't find any example on the Net for this!? I hope my question is clear: How to create a macro that will b activated when the user (after filling his data in a spreadsheet row pushes a corresponding button of the row, and will open/create a Wor document which will contain all data from that row (+ some extr features). Thanks in advance! :rolleyes -- Ekse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ekser's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1140 View this thread: http://www.excelforum....

report the date found in a cell of text
Hi, I'm trying to grab and use the dates from thousands of cells of text. I think I'm making this too complicated. My horrible formula, so far, sort of reports on dates that use "/" and I can tell I'm going in the wrong direction with it. There is very little consistency in the text length or date. I've been looking at this for too long. Does anyone have any advice, please? =IF(OR(RIGHT(MID(SUBSTITUTE(MID(A1,SEARCH("/"&"*"&"/0", A1,1)+3,8),"0",""),1,7))="/",RIGHT(MID(SUBSTITUTE(MID(A1,SEARCH(&quo...