Adding Macros to Quick Access Toolbar

I have a 2003 template (not normal) that contains macros.  We use the
template in a shared office folder so everyone has access to it.

We recently changed to Office 2007.  We can access the macros by using Alt
F8 and selecting from the list.  I wanted to add icons to the quick access
toolbar for easier access for a few of them.

When I use the "customize" Quick Access toolbar feature, none of the macros
show up in the list. (even if I select the dropdown for Macros).   Is there a
way to add these macros to the Quick Access Toolbar?  I want to do it like
the instructions say with separate icons for separate macros.  (I did find
that I can add the entire list of macros to the toolbar, but that is not what
I want to do.)

Thanks for any help.

Elaine J. wrote:
> I have a 2003 template (not normal) that contains macros.  We use the
> template in a shared office folder so everyone has access to it.
>
> We recently changed to Office 2007.  We can access the macros by using Alt
> F8 and selecting from the list.  I wanted to add icons to the quick access
> toolbar for easier access for a few of them.
>
> When I use the "customize" Quick Access toolbar feature, none of the macros
> show up in the list. (even if I select the dropdown for Macros).   Is there a
> way to add these macros to the Quick Access Toolbar?  I want to do it like
> the instructions say with separate icons for separate macros.  (I did find
> that I can add the entire list of macros to the toolbar, but that is not what
> I want to do.)
>
> Thanks for any help.
You will need to modify the Ribbon to add a tab for your macros.  See
the article on Modifying the Ribbon at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my
services on a paid professional basis.
0
Doug

Macros not deleted
I have macros in a spreadsheet. I basically valsued out my whole workbook and looked for any macros and deleted them. When I open this workbook, it still asks me if I want to diable or enable macros. Why is this? Is there a quick and simple way of killing off all macros so that this pop up box of disable/enable will not come up anymore? Help Maxwell, There's probably some code in either a sheet module or the workbook module. Even with the regular modules, they have to be deleted (not just empty) Take a look here for some more help: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMac...

Insert comments on Option Button of Forms Toolbar
How can Insert comments on Option Button of Forms Toolbar? It ispossible also to assign web link on Option button? Thanks for your help. Rechie There are two places to put text with the Option button from the Forms toolbar. 1. The caption - it shows on the right of the control. 2. Right click, Format Control:Web tab:Alternative Text "Rechie" <Rechie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6A11AEE-5B90-4A8C-B4A3-F820D33934F7@microsoft.com... > How can Insert comments on Option Button of Forms Toolbar? > It ispossible also to assign web li...

put dissertation notes in access
I want to use access 2007 to organize my dissertation notes. I'm wondering what to use as the unique field since I will be using two main lists of ideas, but not always at the same table. Thanks for any advice. On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:36:46 -0800, EdProf <EdProf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Define "organize". Sounds that could be a fair amount of work for someone not focused on being a programmer. -Tom. >I want to use access 2007 to organize my dissertation notes. I'm wondering >what to use as the unique field since I will be using two main lists of &...

removing auto-format /smart quote characters from excel and access data
someone passed me an excel doc with all the smart quotes and microsoft auto-formatting turned on. i can't for the life of me get the auto-formatting out of those documents. - i have saved as text and opened in wordpad - i have tried opening word, turning off the autoformatting, pasting the text. - i have copied/pasted and sent to myself in an text email (the auto-formatting came out, but the text wrapping didn't) AAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!! thanks!!! Hi Caitlin, if its a DOC it is a WORD document, if the extension is XLS then you are in the right NG. Please cofirm. Gilles Desjar...

Using Excel GoalSeek on Access Form
XP Pro SP2, Access 2003 SP3. I'm looking to convert an Excel worksheet into an Access form. I have a strategy in mind for everything the worksheet does, except for the GoalSeek code behind one of the cells. Does anyone have experience with doing this sort of thing? I can supply additional details, including my VBA macro in the worksheet if that will help. -- Clif "Clif McIrvin" <clare.moe@nevergmail.com.invalid> schreef in bericht news:evgoepFmKHA.1536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > XP Pro SP2, Access 2003 SP3. > > I'm looking to c...

Can I access Outlook emails from different computers?
If my current computer that I have Outlook installed on breaks down, and I haven't backed up my emails, do I lose everything? Or can I access my account from another computer? That would depend on if you are storing your mail in .pst files or on an Exchange server. hth DDS W 2k MVP MCSE "ITLadee" <ITLadee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD1E71EC-9298-493D-9267-813BCFE20654@microsoft.com... > If my current computer that I have Outlook installed on breaks down, and I > haven't backed up my emails, do I lose everything? Or can I access my &g...

Link A Scanned Insurance Application to Record In a Form In Access
I am trying to link a folder of scanned insurance applications that use SS #'s as file names. I would like for the form to automatically link the person that is currently showing in the form to their insurance app in the separate folder if an app is available for that person. Is there a way to link these without setting up a separate hyperlink for each file? I would like as apps are scanned in to automatically link with the person's SS # in the form. Any help would be greatly appreciated! If you have too many files in a single folder Windows becomes extremely slow performing dir...

Adding a Second Domain Ability to Send and Receive? Is that Possi
I've been racking my brain on this subject and have read many threads regarding the subject, but can't find a solution. I've added another Accepting Domain to the SBS 2008 Exchange 2007. I can receive emails from the Second Domain and it routes it to the a user mail box. Example Domain1.com and Domain2.com = user1@domain1.com and user1@domain2.com If an email is send to user1@domain1.com and domain2.com, user1 will receive both emails. If the user tries to send email from domain1.com, it sends fine If the user tries to send email from domain2.com it p...

Cant add a textbox to Outlook 2003 Main toolbar
My company is still opting for Outlook 2003 and I'm trying to get it more efficient. One way to do this would be to add a textbox to the main toolbar, so I can fill it in and then write a vba macro to implement the search. But adding this textbox just seems impossible. Could anyone please instruct me how to do so in easy step by step instructions (I learned outlook vba by trial and error so sometimes I'm missing some basic notions, so please don't be too succinct). Many thanks in advance ...

Editing cell formulas within a macro
I have cells that I want to add to the current formula using a macro for repetitive tasks,=20 ie edit home right one =3D(new stuff 1)formula end =3D(newstuff 1)formula(newstuff 2) any suggestions or appropriate links? Bob ActiveCell.Formula = "=newstuff1" & Right(ActiveCell.Formula, Len(ActiveCell.Formula)-1) & "newstuff2" -- Dick Kusleika MVP - Excel Excel Blog - Daily Dose of Excel www.dicks-blog.com "Bob Clark" <bobclark@sbc_remove_global.net> wrote in message news:g21jm0dt0kkp637ash2t7587j11r7uj76d@4ax.com... I have cells that I want to ad...

Ending Macro in Last Row within a column of Printable Items
I recorded a macro that sorts data in a certiain way, however sometimes the data is 100 rows and sometimes it's more or less. How can I record the macro to go to the very last row with printable material within a certain column regardless of how many rows there are? Or is there a quick way to adjust the step in of the macro and re-program it there? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Hi Mike The following code assumes your headers are in row 1. It counts the number of rows with entries in columnA, and the number of columns with data in row 1. It then sorts that...

Accessing Access 2003
How do you set up Access 2003 so mulitable users can access and work in the same data base? http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa167840(office.11).aspx -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Brad" wrote: > How do you set up Access 2003 so mulitable users can access and work in the > same data base? I use 02 SP3 at home but 03 at work and both configured the same if you know 02. tools_security "Brad" <Brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B62DA8E9-FA42-445C-8499...

comments in access
hi, can anyone please tell me how to add a comment to a Access report? on certain pages i wish to add comments, but when i add a comment to one page it shows on all of them! how can i just keep the comment to specific pages only? any suggestions will be much appreciated. thanks hi, you need to define a criteria to show the comment. This can be done by defining the criteria values in the database or using conditional code in your report to view the comments. Regards, --------------------------------------- http://www.Designing-Systems.com Email. Support@Designing-Systems.com -------...

Quick Question
This should be simple - for some reason my database has stopped asking me if I want to save changes to forms, queries, etc when I close them after editing. This is bad, because sometimes I'm just experimenting and if the experiment doesn't work, I don't want to save the changes. Is there an option in Access somewhere that turns the confirmation of saves back on? Thanks, Eric for some reason my first post didnt post, so this might be a duplicate if it does show up. but perhaps you are turning off the warnings in a macro or vb code? if that is the case, m...

ANN: DBForms from MS Access to ASP.NET + MS SQL v 1.0 released.
We are glad to announce the releases of our new product DBForms from MS Access to ASP.NET+MS SQL v.1.0.0. This tool allows you to convert mdb (Microsoft Access forms) to .aspx web pages + MS SQL back-end with AJAX support. Convert forms and their elements (Label, Image, OptionGroup, TextBox, ListBox, ComboBox, CommandBox and others) to Web page including element position, color pallet and fields type. Advanced customization options: - Rename caption forms - partial selection for database objects that will be converted. - detection of possible conversion errors at customization stage. Session...

How do I set up a macro to excel that include the e-mail address
I am trying to create a macro to a survey in an excel file. I would like to add to the macro the send file function, e-mail address and send function. Here is the main man on this, http://www.rondebruin.nl/ Regards, Alan. "vmr" <vmr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4134D19-7737-486D-9385-8163A2D0AD44@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a macro to a survey in an excel file. > > I would like to add to the macro the send file function, e-mail address > and > send function. ...

Problem with macros in Access 2000 on Windows XP
I am experiencing a problem with send object macro's in Access 2000 since my pc was upgraded to Windows XP. The macro runs but just stops with no error. When this happens NO macro's will run in Access2000. I must close Access2000 and re-open and then I can run the macro. This happens even if I create a new macro, still can not run it until I close out of Access and re-open....It's making me crazy....Any Ideas???? Meg Hi, Meg. > The macro runs but just stops > with no error. That's one of the problems with macros. There's no error handling. If you convert th...

How do you make a custom toolbar for a report?
How do you customize the toolbar for a report? In one of the WordMerge examples posted by Albert Kallal (http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/DownLoad.htm) a report has a toolbar that has been modified. How do you do this? Robert Check out my Quick tutorial on how to create a custom popup menu and when the instructions tell you to check the popup checkbox, don't do it and you should be able to figure out the rest (I'm working on getting an actual tutorial up for this, but this should do for you until then): http://www.btabdevelopment.com/main/QuickTutorials/H...

Quick Ribbon Access Bar
Hello from Steved I have a Macro Icon that I've created in Quick Ribbon Access Bar. A question please I have in the "Add In" created a Macro that when I push the Icon it works perfectly, what I would like to do please is build a macro that will operate this, yes I've turn on record macro to record the keystrokes to do this and named the macro "Test". When I push the "Test" macro Icon it does not work. Is it Possible please to have this to work. I thanyou. Tell us exactly what it is that you want to do. It is not clear from you pr...

Dynamics GP 9.0 macro/script issue.
We have a macro that executes once a week to perform check links on all companies in Dynamics GP 9.0. This script used to work fine but lately the script does no log out and close the instance of GP after finishing the script. First i though maybe it's getting stuck somewhere in the middle of the script and that is why it does not log out and close the instance of GP, but when i check the logs, it says that the last statement executed was to log out and close the instance of GP. This is the code that is last executed. ================= CommandExec form BuiLtin command cmdQuitApplication...

Custom toolbar is always visible.
Hi people, After having problems with getting the toolbar to be visible. Now my problem is that if the user deselects the toolbar and starts IE, the toolbar appears by itself due to the presence of the BHO com object that uses ShowBrowserBar. My ShowBrowserBar uses only the TRUE variant type during startup. Is there any way i can get the toolbar to remember its previous state? regards vivek ...

Excell not asking to allow macro's
I have a user who has set macro security to medium so that he is prompted when a workbook contains macros in it. However, now the computer is not prompting him to allow macros, and the workbook is not opening. This is only if the user double clicks the file, if he starts excel and then opens the file with excel, he is prompted to enable the macros. Anyone have any thoughts on how to change this or do I have to re-install excel? Nathan, I think the problem is that the workbook isn't opening; this doesn't sound like a macro security issue. Before you reinstall Excel, which s...

Problem with existing workbook with macros
We have a number of computers on which we now has installed Excel 2010 and they were previously running Excel 2007. On one of these computers we now have problems running a workbook (XLS) that has macros in them. The workbook adds some custom options on the addins ribbon tab and this is where it fails. I've removed this feature and try to run another macro and get the same error. The message reads: "Objektsbiblioteket är ogiltigt eller innehåller referenser till objektsdefinitioner som inte kunde hittas" Roughly translated into english, this rea...

New to Access 04-12-07
I know very little about Access, I have a Access 97 data base that when it starts up it turns off the number and caps lock on the keyboard. I need to have the numbers and caps lock on. Could you please tell me how to do this Thank You John "John" <BOSSJOHN@MSN.COM> wrote in message news:%23U357mJfHHA.4552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I know very little about Access, I have a Access 97 data base that when it >starts up it turns off the number and caps lock on the keyboard. I need to >have the numbers and caps lock on. Could you please tell me how to do this > T...

Office Clipboard task pane not accessible anymore
When running Word 2007 in the Home/Student edition in the past, I have been able to select the Clipboard dialog box launcher button from the Home tab in order to display the contents of the Office Clipboard. Also, I have been able to use the Office Clipboard to cut/copy/paste multiple items with the clipboard, as opposed to just using the Windows clipboard. Now, I am unable to view the Office Clipboard task pane anymore, so I can not see the contents of the clipboard. Furthermore, I am unable to Paste correctly the multiple contents of the clipboard. It just acts like the ...