Add a paragraph mark at the end of every line?

Hi, All

How do I add a paragraph mark at the end of every line with VBA ?

Regards

David

What do you mean by "line"?  Is each "line" terminated by a manual line break?

You could try doing a Find/Replace.

Use ^l for the Find
Use ^p for the Replace.

Why do you need VBA?

--
Gerry

Fumei2
6/1/2010 7:16:11 PM
Yes.

Is any suggestion?

"Fumei2 via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

> What do you mean by "line"?  Is each "line" terminated by a manual line break?
>

> You could try doing a Find/Replace.
>
> Use ^l for the Find
> Use ^p for the Replace.
>
> Why do you need VBA?
>
> OKLover wrote:
> >Hi, All
> >
> >How do I add a paragraph mark at the end of every line with VBA ?
> >
> >Regards
> >
> >David
>
> --
> Gerry

> .

sorry... updated informationas below:

It should be each line as a paragraph. That means each "line" terminated by
a paragraph break {ENTER} not {SHIFT+ENTER}.

Many Thanks

David

"Fumei2 via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

> What do you mean by "line"?  Is each "line" terminated by a manual line break?
>

> You could try doing a Find/Replace.
>
> Use ^l for the Find
> Use ^p for the Replace.
>
> Why do you need VBA?
>
> OKLover wrote:
> >Hi, All
> >
> >How do I add a paragraph mark at the end of every line with VBA ?
> >
> >Regards
> >
> >David
>
> --
> Gerry

> .

Saving the document as a .txt file can be used to do that.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"OKLover" <OKLover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> sorry... updated informationas below:
>
> It should be each line as a paragraph. That means each "line" terminated
> by
> a paragraph break {ENTER} not {SHIFT+ENTER}.
>

> Many Thanks
>
> David
>
> "Fumei2 via OfficeKB.com" wrote:
>
>> What do you mean by "line"?  Is each "line" terminated by a manual line
>> break?
>>

>> You could try doing a Find/Replace.
>>
>> Use ^l for the Find
>> Use ^p for the Replace.
>>
>> Why do you need VBA?
>>
>> OKLover wrote:
>> >Hi, All
>> >
>> >How do I add a paragraph mark at the end of every line with VBA ?
>> >
>> >Regards
>> >
>> >David
>>
>> --
>> Gerry

>> .

0
Doug
6/2/2010 9:09:04 AM
Wow ~ Robbins, you are so cool.

Yes! It can do that, but does it possible to loop each line to check via VBA
code?

Many thanks

David

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

> Saving the document as a .txt file can be used to do that.
>
> --
> Hope this helps.

> services on a paid consulting basis.

> "OKLover" <OKLover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > sorry... updated informationas below:
> >
> > It should be each line as a paragraph. That means each "line" terminated
> > by
> > a paragraph break {ENTER} not {SHIFT+ENTER}.
> >

> > Many Thanks
> >
> > David
> >
> > "Fumei2 via OfficeKB.com" wrote:
> >
> >> What do you mean by "line"?  Is each "line" terminated by a manual line
> >> break?
> >>

> >> You could try doing a Find/Replace.
> >>
> >> Use ^l for the Find
> >> Use ^p for the Replace.
> >>
> >> Why do you need VBA?

> >> --
> >> Gerry

> >> .

The following code will create a new document containing each line from the
document that was active when it is run as a separate paragraph in that
document

Dim source As Document, target As Document
Dim numlines As Long
Set source = ActiveDocument
Set target = Documents.Add
On Error GoTo LastLine
With source
    .Activate
    Selection.HomeKey wdStory
    Do While .Bookmarks("\line").Range.End <> .Range.End
        target.Range.InsertAfter .Bookmarks("\line").Range.Text & vbCr
        .Bookmarks("\line").Range.Cut
    Loop
End With
LastLine:
target.Range.InsertAfter source.Bookmarks("\line").Range.Text

--

> Wow ~ Robbins, you are so cool.
>
> Yes! It can do that, but does it possible to loop each line to check via
> VBA
> code?
>

> Many thanks
>
> David
>

> "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:
>
>> Saving the document as a .txt file can be used to do that.
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
>> services on a paid consulting basis.

>> "OKLover" <OKLover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > sorry... updated informationas below:
>> >
>> > It should be each line as a paragraph. That means each "line"
>> > terminated
>> > by
>> > a paragraph break {ENTER} not {SHIFT+ENTER}.
>> >

>> > Many Thanks
>> >
>> > David

0
Doug
6/2/2010 10:26:27 AM
Dear Robbins,

Thanks for your kindly answer.

Best Regards

David

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

> The following code will create a new document containing each line from the
> document that was active when it is run as a separate paragraph in that
> document
>
> Dim source As Document, target As Document
> Dim numlines As Long
> Set source = ActiveDocument
> Set target = Documents.Add
> On Error GoTo LastLine
> With source
>     .Activate
>     Selection.HomeKey wdStory
>     Do While .Bookmarks("\line").Range.End <> .Range.End
>         target.Range.InsertAfter .Bookmarks("\line").Range.Text & vbCr
>         .Bookmarks("\line").Range.Cut
>     Loop
> End With
> LastLine:
> target.Range.InsertAfter source.Bookmarks("\line").Range.Text
>

> --
> Hope this helps.

> services on a paid consulting basis.

> "OKLover" <OKLover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Wow ~ Robbins, you are so cool.
> >
> > Yes! It can do that, but does it possible to loop each line to check via
> > VBA
> > code?
> >

> > Many thanks
> >
> > David
> >

> > "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Saving the document as a .txt file can be used to do that.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Hope this helps.
> >>
> >> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
> >> services on a paid consulting basis.

> >> "OKLover" <OKLover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

"That means each "line" terminated by
a paragraph break {ENTER} not {SHIFT+ENTER}."

A Shift+Enter is ^l in the Find/replace dialog.
An Enter (paragraph mark) is ^p

What was wrong with my suggestion?  Do a find/replace changing Shift+enter to
Enter.

Find:  ^l
Replace ^p

--
Gerry

Fumei2
6/3/2010 7:45:26 PM
And if you really want to use VBA...

Sub LineBreaksToParaMarks()
Selection.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory
With Selection.Find
   .Text = "^l"
   .Replacement.Text = "^p"
   .Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
End With
End Sub

Gerry

--
Gerry

Fumei2
6/3/2010 7:48:17 PM
That only works if the lines were terminated by the use of Shift+Enter.

If that was not used (the text wrapped automatically), there will be no ^l
to replace.

--

"Fumei2 via OfficeKB.com" <u53619@uwe> wrote in message
> And if you really want to use VBA...
>

> Sub LineBreaksToParaMarks()
> Selection.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory
> With Selection.Find
>   .Text = "^l"
>   .Replacement.Text = "^p"
>   .Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
> End With
> End Sub
>
> Gerry
>
> Fumei2 wrote:
>>"That means each "line" terminated by
>>a paragraph break {ENTER} not {SHIFT+ENTER}."
>>
>>A Shift+Enter is ^l in the Find/replace dialog.
>>An Enter (paragraph mark) is ^p
>>
>>What was wrong with my suggestion?  Do a find/replace changing Shift+enter
>>Enter.
>>
>>Find:  ^l
>>Replace ^p
>>
>>>Dear Robbins,
>>>
>>[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]

> --
> Gerry

Doug

How to add wave in Access?
What I want to do is to read a wave file in the disk and then get what the wave file contains into Access. And the class that connects to Access is CRecordset. How to realize it? I've never done this but I guess you'll need a BLOB (Binary Large Object). They're normally used for storing image files, but should work just as well with a wave one. HTH Paul. ...

No blank lines in text files
When opening a comma delimited text file, I no longer get blank lines where I used to in EXCEL2K. Did microsoft "fix" a problem that I need to break again? How do I restore the PROPER importation of blank lines? Charlie, With Excel 2002, empty lines do result in empty rows. This seems to work with File - Open, with a *.txt file, which means the text import wizard is invoked. It also works with a *.csv file (which doesn't invoke the Text Import Wizard. It also works with Data - Import External data - Import data. It seems to work with totally empty lines in the text fil...

exchange 2003 front-end generate auto emails
i have exchange 2003 server in front-end back end senario. with front-end server in DMZ with PIX. i found local POP3 mails which are going through front-end server are receiving with delay to local receiver only. I found that exchange 2003 fornt-end server is generating its own mail with sender address frontendservername-IS@domain.com to backendservername-IS@domain.com these mail are not going from front-end to back end. which is causing delay of local mails. in SMTP log error is coming 220***************** some thing like this and unrecognized command. If u delete these system mails th...

2 Lined Line Graph
I am trying to plot quarterly and monthly data using two lines. My quarterly line is broken into points instead of a continuous line, is there a way I can get it to connect to the quarter points? If the cells in between are blank, go to Tools menu > Options > Chart tab, and choose the Interpolate option for dealing with blank cells. If the cells contain anything else, including a formula that returns "" (which is NOT blank), change "" to NA(), which puts an #N/A error in the cell, which ain't pretty in the worksheet but which results in an interpolated lin...

How do you force another line in a text box?
When using text boxes. how do you force another line when character spacing reaches a certain point. A text box is a single line. Full stop. A text area will automatically wrap when the user types to the end of the visible space - this does not, however, add a line feed. To add a line feed after a preset number of characters, as I said in an earlier post, you need server side scripting which parses the data, and adds the line feed at the required intervals. Of course, this is complicated by needing to account for spaces between words - and avoiding the line feed in the middl...

problem with automatic quotation marks
Here's my problem: I've got a large document that's been pasted together from multiple sources. I did a <select all> and changed the font to Adobe Garamond Pro. It looks great, but in some places it automatically formats the open and close quotation marks mixed up. In other places it displays non-directional quotation marks like this: "quotation". I've manually corrected most of the document with find/replace, but I can't automatically <replace all> because it tries to for the wrong quotation mark...like it's confused. For example, i...

Ver 10 'ctrl-end' functionality gone in reports display
Hi All Since we've upgraded to ver 10 SP 3 the functionality of using 'ctrl-end' or 'end' when in a large report writer report that is displayed on the screen no longer works. The fast way to move down to the last page is only via the 'find-go to page' functionality and that means too many clicks. I know that 'ctrl-n' will take you down 1 page at a time, but none of this is as effective as 'ctrl-end' was. Has anyone else found this change? Have you established a way round it please? Thanks Sheila Sheila, First click the &qu...

add salary
Hi I have just started using MM2006 Delux and cannot see how to add my salary as a recuring entry. Any help please Are you using Advanced Bills/Advanced Register? If not, do so. Create a recurring Paycheck--either by hand (New|Deposit split into Paycheck) or from a previous register entry that looks like what you want via r-click Make Recurring on the register transaction. "missy" <bobtracey@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1179699454.644680.15830@z28g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > I have just started using MM2006 Delux and cannot see how to add my > salary as a r...

formatting lines in an excel graph
Hi, using excel (Microsoft office 2007), when I try to format a line in a graph my worsheet either takes forever, or completely freezes before I can edit the line. All I want to do is change the line from being a red line to being a dotted black line, for example. The data that is in the graphs is stored in another excel file, which I think makes it work more slowly as well. Has anyone else had that problem? is there an update for it? Thanks, Christina Anything that involves much more than default formatting of Excel 2007 charts is likely to increase the time it takes the chart...

How to add a status bar on the views of CSplitterWnd
How to add a status bar on the views of CSplitterWnd? For instance, one of the pane is CTreeView, how can I add a statusbar on the view? "Marco" <sorry@nomail.com> д���ʼ� news:OgcCiomXEHA.808@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > How to add a status bar on the views of CSplitterWnd? > > I knew the method, but if the window resize, the UI became so ugly. The control cannot auto resize, it's a bad thing. "Scott McPhillips [MVP]" <scottmcp@mvps.org.nothere> ???? news:un77PhpXEHA.3516@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Marco wrote: > >>How to add a st...

remove blue lines (BLOCKQUOTEs) from emails
I get forwarded emails all the time with vertical blue lines (BLOCKQUOTEs) down the left side. I always pride myself on cleaning up the junk before sending the good ones on. Is there an easy way of doing this or must I recreate the message from scratch? Convert the message to plain text to remove them. In outlook 2007, Actions, Edit message, then options to change the format. In older versions, Edit, Edit message, then format menu. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/...

How do I eliminate the blank line *before* an outlook signature
I know how to eliminate double spacing in signature lines, but Outlook seems to handle Standard and Reply signatures differently. Even using identically formatted text, the Standard signature always has an extra blank line before my signature text. Is there a way to eliminate this extra blank line? Thanks, Dennis ...

Line Chart with different beginning values
I have 3 series I am charting on a 2-d line chart. All series run for about a year and a half but have different start and end dates. How do I get one series to start on 10/1/05 and show that another series started on 5/1/05? When I add the series that starts later, my chart adjusts and I lose the detail of the 5/1 series. Thanks. You could use an XY chart, which accepts independent X values for each series. Or you could pad the beginning and end of each series with blanks to stagger the series in the chart. 1 3 2 4 3 5 4 6 2 5 7 3 6 8 4 7 5 8 6 9 ...

CCheckList box causes Debug Assertion Error (WintCtr3.cpp Line 41)
Hello, I am developing an activeX ctrl using MFC (VS.NET 2003). While using a CheckListBox in one of the dialogs, the dialog is shown but an Debug Assertion error pops up (Wintctrl3.cpp line 41). The List Box has following properties set: Ownerdraw - Fixed HasStrings - True Sort - False Selection - Single. Am I missing some specific attribute while using checklistbox? Thanks, Punit. "Punit" <punitparikh@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7dbbecea.0503090519.1a5fcf1f@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I am developing an activeX ctrl using MFC (VS.NET 2003). While usi...

how can I add proofreading comments in Publisher documents?
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 03:46:03 +0100, Naomi wrote (in article <58420F6A-8BD2-426C-B809-3F7F98B24C29@microsoft.com>): > And I see you're another who can't follow the simplest of instructions written in the plainest of English. Before posting again, do read MS's guidelines. Makes it easier all round - some servers will scrap posts with empty bodies, therefore it's in your own best interests. On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 03:59:23 +0100, magrat_garlick@hotmail.com wrote: >On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 03:46:03 +0100, Naomi wrote >(in article <58420F6A-8BD2-426C-B809-3F7F98...

How do I sum times to get a total hour value? If I add up to 24 h.
I am trying to create a timesheet that totals daily hours then totals those hours. When the sub totals raech 24 they displayed total shows as 0 instead of 24. Thus a 40 hour week shows as 16 (40 - 24) . Any help willl be appreciated.. Michael On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 19:29:02 -0800, "Mico" <Mico@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to create a timesheet that totals daily hours then totals those >hours. When the sub totals raech 24 they displayed total shows as 0 instead >of 24. Thus a 40 hour week shows as 16 (40 - 24) . Any help willl be >appreciated...

Interesting Microsoft's wireless mouse project: line of sight or what?
I've never used wireless mice or keyboards before and need to learn how reliable they are when used in "proximity" to a small form factor PC that will be mounted "behind" a HDTV mounted to a wall. I'm planning to put the keyboard and mouse in a box mounted to the wall just below the HDTV hung on the wall inches above. When the lid of the box is opened it will swing down like a tray holding the keyboard and mouse but I don't know if this will be allow the keyboard and mouse to operate? How would Microsoft's wireless keyboard and mice work then?...

remove quote marks around email recepient
Does anyone know how in Outlook 2003 to get rid of the quote marks around a recipients name when you reply to a message? The problem is that this sent mail does not get ordered properly in the SENT MAIL folder since it now starts with a quote mark. ...

Insert row after every blank
Hi All, Can we have a macro which inserts a row after every blank in column....example 135650 Ryan & Associates 105135 University of New Orleans Louisiana 97400 Sprint Corp 99911 E2O Communications Inc 158118 Bakhtar Associates 184881 QWEST COMMUNICATIONS 184881 QWEST COMMUNICATIONS the first column is column A, upon finding a gap it inserts a row afte that gap and moreover if there is no gap like the last 4 in the exampl , it inserts a row in between all of them thank u so much guys.. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com For the first part - why a macro? Select r...

Distributing updated front-ends?
I have just got round to splitting. What is the most efficient way of distributing updated front-ends to the users? We have only a few users but the scope of the mdb is being expanded constantly, with new forms, controls, queries etc being added from week to week, and I can see the updating being quite a time-consuming chore (and an opportunity for error)unless there is some slick way that I do not know about. Your suggestions, please! Many thanks CW http://www.autofeupdater.com/ -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, plea...

Keyboard shortcut to mark as reconciled
Now correct me if I am wrong, but aren't the keyboard shortcuts supposed to work in Money 2007? I would have sworn they did in 2006, such as "R" to mark as reconciled. The only one I can get to work is Ctrl+M to mark as cleared. -- LJ My Best Friend Is My Wife!! I tried it once, thought I saw it, and was going to write: ----- Ctrl+Shift+M seems to be broken here as well. Can't say whether this is supposed to work and is broken on accident or if somebody really thought this was a necessary improvement. ----- But, "upon further review", it does seem to work a...

Demo / Rental Add-on Available???
Does anyone know of a rental / demo add-on for RMS? I own a sports store and we let people demo certain products before they buy. Any demo fees get applied toward a purchase. Is this feature feasable? Stringers wrote: > Does anyone know of a rental / demo add-on for RMS? I own a sports store and > we let people demo certain products before they buy. Any demo fees get > applied toward a purchase. Is this feature feasable? Yes, RMS provide a demo database that work for 60days and with 5 items for transaction.. contact ms partner for cdrom or link to download it. antonio ...

How do I add periods to complete a word in a cell?
For example: brian......... angela...... bob.......... Assume your names are in the range A1:A1000, enter this formula in B1 (array formula so enter it with Ctrl+Shift+Enter) and drag down: =CONCATENATE(A1,REPT(".",MAX(LEN($A$1:$A$1000))-LEN(A1))) -- Regards, Dave "Renee R." wrote: > For example: > > brian......... > angela...... > bob.......... Renee, I think you're asking how to get Excel to complete a cell with known values (like Brian's full name when you've only started to type it). But I'm not at all sure. If so, post back...

Control End
The keyboard shortcut Control-End is supposed to move the active cell to the bottom right cell which corresponds to the last used row and column in the worksheet. This seems to work only if I don't shrink the worksheet due to deleting data, etc. Then Control-End moves me still to a location which was used before but does not correspond to the actually used last row/column. ??? If you delete data by highlighting and pressing the <delete> key, this does not reset where Excel thinks the last used cell is. You should highlight the rows and Edit | Delete (same with any unused column...

Printing from command line
Good morning: Does anyone know of a way to print an Excel document from a command line? Thanks, Al On Apr 17, 10:58 am, "Al" <n...@no.com> wrote: > Good morning: > > Does anyone know of a way to print an Excel document from a command line? > > Thanks, > > Al Good evening Al, See http://www.robvanderwoude.com/index.html ...