Word should have the option of being organized into chapters

It would be really useful to have some sort of tabbed view where a document
can be viewed as a whole (on the all tab)(also this is the current "normal"
way of viewing a document) or by chapters or sections (with each section
having a tab). You could modify the original all document and it would effect
the subsequent sections. sections would be defined with some sort of
meta-data place marker, which would be visible when being editted but not
when printed. This would encourage people to look at larger documents on
their computer, because it would be better organized. PDF's have a view like
this, where you can scroll through the whole doc, but jump to other chapters
instantly.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=81c49199-d1d4-4c25-b7f0-5d8988de5f68&dg=microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 16:25:02 -0800, mattbenfield
<mattbenfield@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>It would be really useful to have some sort of tabbed view where a document
>can be viewed as a whole (on the all tab)(also this is the current "normal"
>way of viewing a document) or by chapters or sections (with each section
>having a tab). You could modify the original all document and it would effect
>the subsequent sections. sections would be defined with some sort of
>meta-data place marker, which would be visible when being editted but not
>when printed. This would encourage people to look at larger documents on
>their computer, because it would be better organized. PDF's have a view like
>this, where you can scroll through the whole doc, but jump to other chapters
>instantly.

Have you explored the Document Map feature?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

How to get last session position in 2007 Word
Hi! There was the simple and vary convenient AutoOpen macro in 2003 Word Sub AutoOpen() Application.GoBack End Sub that give last editing position when open document. This macro does not work at all in 2007 Word. What can I do instead? Check this thread. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?query=application.GoBack&dg=microsoft.public.word.docmanagement&cat=en-us-office-word&lang=en&cr=US&pt=617c4d62-4061-4107-8d46-2a22fc6fa202&catlist=&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us Hope it helps, -- Brian McCaffery ...

How do I make the shaded word text has limited length
I made a table of spare parts, each part has a specific Part Number. I need to show this part No. shaded with limited length (determined number of digits). Thank you, Emad You will need a macro (or possibly a wildard replace string). How do you determine which part of the number to format with shading? i.e. where to start, stop and how many digits to shade? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps...

Indentation & Tab Markers on Word 2003 Ruler not showing
Word 2003 on Vista notebook. The Indentation & Tab Markers on Word 2003 Ruler not showing. Also the Tab "square" on the left of the ruler is blank, so one cannot change the tab type. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. -- With appreciation Margy Pinetown, KwaZuluNatal, South Africa Have you tried repairing the Word/Office installation? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Margy" <Margy@office.co.za> wrote in message news:40E3324A-3A1F-4187-8619-ED895C6C969A@microsoft.com... > Word 2003 on Vista notebook. > > The In...

copy a number typed in a cell to another & change it to word form.
There are instructions in the following MSKB article: How to convert a numeric value into English words in Excel http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=213360 "ex:1 in a cell = one in a different cell" wrote: > ...

Convert Word 6.0 to Word 2003 programatically
With the latest security update from MS Security Existing word templates documents could not be loaded and they started throwing exceptions each time we load. We would like to convert the existing Word 6.0 to Word 2003 programmatically or by using a tool. How do we convert using .NET? Or any existing MS Tool Thanks for the help It sounds like your problem maybe with the KB973904 security update. Try removing it. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, ...

Why can I suddenly not see toolbar options when I'm working on a d
Suddenly when I'm working on a document I have to click on "home" or "view" or "review" etc. EACH TIME I want to use a feature like bullet or indent paragraph etc. Until today when I clicked on "home" all the home tools stayed visible at the top of the document until I moved to "view" or "review" etc. Now as soon as I type on my document, the "home" (or whatever) tools disappear and I have to click "home" (or whatever) each time to see them. How did this happen and how do I fix it??? You have &...

Word set up
When I installed word, I inadvertently hit the key board and inserted random text. Now whenever I start word I get a page with that random text, rather than a blank page. This is driving me nuts. Can someone suggest how I could remedy this? Thank you. See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/blankdocnotblank.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "the Skeeterman" <the Skeeterman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64E64AEF-EE8C-47C0-AAAC-E9005BACB5A1@microsoft.com... > When I installed word, I inadvertently hit the key board and insert...

Text colour for certain words ?
I have an Excel database, how can i get excel to mark every instance of a certain word in red ?? I know there must be a way, but i'm not very excel literate yet ! Cheers Andrew put a heading(e.g. "name") to the column . highlight the column- cick data-filter-autofilter. click arrow at right bottom of "name"-in the list that pops up click the particualr word or string. Now you will get only those cells which have this particular word or string. highlight visible cells and mark red using drawing toolbar. again click data filter autofilter. now the filter is r...

Option Group 04-19-10
I am new to using option groups. I will have several of them that will be a value of 1-5 and want to total them up in a report. Do I need a field for each option group? Are there field names that can be used to make it easier to total, ie grp1, grp2, etc.? Thanks, Les You've told us "how", but not "what". "How" depends on "what"! If you have data with values of 1-5, and "several of them", is there a chance you are working with something like a rating scale, or a survey? If so, you may benefit (*and get more...

Is there a Publisher Viewer, like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint view
Microsoft offers viewers for documents created in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, allowing users without those programs to view documents created by those programs. I'm looking for a similar product, for Microsoft Publisher. Someone has sent me a Publisher document, and I'd like to be able to read and print it. No, there isn't. Ask the originator of the file to send it to you as a .pdf. "Account Manager" wrote: > Microsoft offers viewers for documents created in Word, Excel, and > PowerPoint, allowing users without those programs to view documents created >...

Possible Options to develop on MSCRM
Hi Guys, we have about 4-5 developers working (doing SDK coding) to acheive some functionality in MSCRM. As of now, each of them have a separate CRM server for themselves (in their own domains)and finally we integrate the entire stuff into one server(which is on a different domain) Is this the best way to go about this ? Is there a Microsoft recommended way to be doing developments? Is it preferred to be carrying out all developments on one single server? If yes, what would be the ideal configuration for a development server? Doing CRM dev is not that differnt that doing regular web ...

TRying to mail merge to email, using Word and Entourage

Word 2000 with Excel 2003
Greetings from humid Southeast Texas. A friend of mine (who is not incredibly computer literate) has Word 2000 installed on her machine. Yesterday she went out to buy Excel, and she bought Excel 2003. If she installs this version of Excel will it affect the current Word 2000 installation? Thanks, Andrew No, it shouldn't. On 25 Sep 2004 14:34:28 -0700, noshoesdrew@yahoo.com (Andrew C. - Houston, Tx, USA) wrote: >Greetings from humid Southeast Texas. > >A friend of mine (who is not incredibly computer literate) has Word >2000 installed on her machine. Yesterday she went o...

Option to choose deposit amount and make payments on backorders.
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7ba93e98-ccf0-4f07-9aef-98c8bb62f782&dg=microsoft.public.pos ...

Viewing Confirmed Attendees (as a meeting attendee NOT organizer)
Is there a way to view who has confirmed for a meeting - when I am one of several invited? I am able to see whom else is invited and required to attend, but cannot find if there is a way to see who else has confirmed. No, as in some cases this could be considered as confidential. You can always ask the organizer directly or the persons involved themselves. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Ans...

Please Help! Spanish has hijacked my Word 2007 spell checker!
I have saved (repeatedly in existing and new blank documents) all my settings to English, US. However, my spell checker is marking everything in red. When I look at it, the spell check suggests spanish spelling of the words. The spell checker says Spanish, US. I go back, all setting say English. Default language is set to English. I don't know what else to try. Make sure to turn off the "Detect language automatically" option in Review tab | Set Language. Note that once the language has changed in a document, you may have to select the whole document and manu...

Any word on the release of CRM version 2.0?
I was reading the recent press release from Microsoft (http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2004/dec04/12-14YearReview.asp#empowering) and noticed no mention of the next release of Microsoft CRM in it. Does anyone know when the next version is planned for release? There is a product roadmap on the partner site inside a powerpoint presentation: https://partner.microsoft.com/productssolutions/business/40006821 This says Version 2 is slated for Q2 of 2005 (April-June). Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Jim" wrote: > I was reading the recent press releas...

How to copy Word 97 doc to Word 2000?
I sent a Word 97 document to a friend (which I have done many times previously) who is now running Windows XP and using Word 2000. In the past (running Windows 2000, I think) he would open the Word 97 doc with his Word 97, copy and paste special into Publisher 97 as a picture and resize to his liking. It no longer happens! � How can we get the Word 97 document into his Publisher 97? � Your help will be greatly appreciated. � Ron Specifically what happens? All you've said is that "it no longer happens". -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Ronald Mason"...

Can't open excel or word documents (says insert sm bus cd?)
I have been running Windows XP for over a year without a problem, but now I can not open any of my Excel or Word or Outlook documents because it says that I need to insert my small business cd. I don't have that cd. This has happened once before and I just used my system restore function and it was fine, but that won't even work this time. HELP!! ~~Angela @ angela27@iglide.net ...

Picture Manager as a print to option
I have Picture Manager installed but would like to be able to select this program as a print (to file) option just the same as Fax, XPS Document Writer or connected printers. Thank you, You can "Paste" into it, not "Print". Sneff wrote: > I have Picture Manager installed but would like to be able to select this > program as a print (to file) option just the same as Fax, XPS Document Writer > or connected printers. > > Thank you, Your reply made me realise that I had it wrong. It was Microsoft Office Document Image Writer that I was...

Delegate sending email with voting options
A secretary has 'send as' permission and sends a email with voting buttons using her boss as the from field - the tracking options won't to work - the results go to the boss whose supposedly sent the message but the email remains in the delegate's sent items. The results don't tabulate - if the result emails are put in the actual senders emails - they still don't tabulate - the sent item is put in the supposed senders sent items and they still don't tabulate. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View ...

color printing in office 2003 microsoft word
The colors are wrong when I print documents in Word. Colors are ok in other applications. Any suggestions or easy fixes? Ensure your printer driver is updated from your printer site "chev48rob" <chev48rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAC68D46-9CB7-4265-BC52-12DF26BE6CFE@microsoft.com... > The colors are wrong when I print documents in Word. Colors are ok in > other > applications. Any suggestions or easy fixes? ...

PowerPoint option for global reapply layout in Notes view.
As a Government contractor, we heavily utilize PowerPoint. Some of our presentations are over 200 slides. An option to allow a global update, or even the capability to select slide in slide sorter view, and reapply the notes layout, would be an incredible time saver. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreade...

Spellchecker in word 2007
why does microsoft word 2007 spell checker recognize the word "Osama" but not "Obama?" It does recognize it here. Is your copy of Word 2007 fully updated? If not, you can download the needed updates, or you can add Obama to your custom dictionary. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "cg" <cg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7C2676C-4841-49C9-9C03-444F43415A96@microsoft.com... > why does microsoft word 2007 spell checker recognize the word "...

How do you sen the email at outlook ? I can't find the word send
That seems a pretty basic requirement for the application... File-->New-->Email Message or CTRL-N Send button should be top left. "OP" <OP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5D011FC-369A-4A4C-86B1-A82CCF8F43D3@microsoft.com... > OP <OP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> Ask your queston in the body of the message, including exactly what you're trying, your version of Outlook, and account type. It appears you have not configured Outlook with a mail account. -- Brian Tillman ...