Word Report Layout

I am trying to set out a new report layout for our office  use.  I need to
have the header/footer appear on different sides of the pages depending if
its odd or even.  Can anyone help me to do this.  I thought by clicking on
odd/even in the page set up it would do it, but I've had no luck.
--
Babs

First point of call would be the Word Help, search for "Change headers or
footers" and click the "Change the headers or footers for odd and even pages"
article.
--
Hope this helps
DeanH

"OVERWORKED AND UNDERPAID" wrote:

> I am trying to set out a new report layout for our office  use.  I need to
> have the header/footer appear on different sides of the pages depending if
> its odd or even.  Can anyone help me to do this.  I thought by clicking on
> odd/even in the page set up it would do it, but I've had no luck.
> --
> Babs

Parameter query in Access 2003 report
I want to create a parameter query that asks the user to select one, many, or all values from a field when opening a report. I would like the selection to be available from a list, radio box, or pull down menu to minimize spelling errors, etc. Unfortunately the list is of names which number about 100. Can this be done? If so, could someone please point me to the help pages that describe this process? My solution seems clunky but it is the only way I can see how to do it. Any suggestions as to how else might I best approach this? Thanks in advance Debbie See my sample database that shows ...

User Frequency Report
Is there a way to get a user frequency report in Exchange 2000? I need to determine what users are not using their email to be disabled. Thanks! ...

Report filter question
Hi, I've done filters many times before, but something is not right and I can not see it. My report is running of a query which has NO selection criteria in it. It is just a logical view of a table. I have the following code in my report (it is hard coded only because I'm trying to debug the code": Me.Filter = "(((tblMailingList.MemType)='MT-S'))" Me.FilterOn = True I know that the filter code is correct because I went into design query and put MT-S for the Criteria in the field MemType and view the resulting SQL cod...

Pivot Table Report: Getting average of difference of two date columns
Hello I have data in excel sheet as: WORK_ID PROJECT START_DT END_DT 1001 P1 1/1/2006 1/10/2006 1002 P1 1/25/2006 2/20/2006 1003 P1 3/15/2006 3/20/2006 I want to have a report that will give me average time taken to finish a work in a project. That is, I have to take average of (end_dt - start_dt) for a project group. How do I do this in a pivot table report. When I use a calculate field to get the days worked for a work_id using DATEDIF(START_DT, END_DT, "D") then excel computes only sum on that (pivot table report ...

Access 2007 ControlSource code in Report causing shut down
The following code worked successfully in Access 2002 & 2003 but for some reason, the lines that contain ControlSource are causing Access 2007 to shut down and error out. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. In short, I’m using a combo box on a form “ReportCenter” to change the GroupLevel and textbox values on a report. If I comment out the lines with ControlSource the code runs successfully, if any one of them are uncommented, Access 2007 shuts down and restarts. 'Group 1 If Forms![ReportCenter]!T2GroupCheck1 = True And Forms![ReportCenter]!T2GroupDescendC...

Messages with accentuated words
I'm using the English version of Outlook 2003 with MS Word as my e.mail editor. I also have MS Proofing Tools installed. My problem is that I receive messages in several languages that use accents (French, Spanish and Portuguese mainly). I usually don't have troubles reading them, but the messages from certain senders never have accents. Instead, the accentuated word is replace by a seemingly non-related letter. However, when I view the message source, the text shows up correctly with all accents. This seems to be a sender-specif problem, because I always have this problem wi...

assing macro to an an image, shape, text in Word 2007
I would like to run one of my macros when either an image, or a shape, or a text is clicked in Word 2007 document. Thanks, Use an ActiveX control, as they have a _Click event. Lev wrote: >I would like to run one of my macros when either an image, or a shape, or a >text is clicked in Word 2007 document. >Thanks, -- Gerry Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/word-programming/201004/1 Another method is to insert a MacroButton field and paste the image into the field code where the display text would be. See http://www.word...

tax software report
I forgot to say that I am working with Money 2002. I did override of Money calculated in Tax Estimator. Then Tax Software Report would not load. I did a restore backup of Money 2002 and got message that because changes to tax were saved I would have to manually restore Tax Software Report. I can find no information in help in Money as to how you manually restore Tax Software Report. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. With all of the problems I have had with Money 2002 over the years, I am afraid to spend money on the Money 2004. Will upgrading be a wise investment? Thanks...

Crytal reports error in 1.0
Hi, I installed CRM 1.0 on a new server (W2K Enterprise) and I get the following error when trying to access a sales report. Any ideas??? File Repository Server Input is down. [On Cache/Page Server: SHEFFIELD.pageserver] I can confirm that Crystal Input File Repository service (along with all other Crystal services) is running. I could find no reference to this error in PartnerSource. Thanks, Lindsay. ...

Problems with Historical Aged Trial Balance Report
I want to use this report in Reports>Sales>Trial Balance After I configured it but there are some customer that appear with the data in the wrong column (current/0-30 days) according their payment’s form. Thank in advance, Jose G. Jose, Could you provide more infomation? What data appears in the wrong column, invoices? credit memos? Also, what payment methods are you referring to? How are they setup? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "jose garcia" wrote: > I want to use this repo...

VENDOR CHECK REGISTER REPORT
Can anyone tell me where to find this report Brian, There is no separate Vendor check register report. You can always take the payment register for vendors by going to Smartlist, Payables Transactions, Apply filter to return those transactions by document type - Payments, you'll get the vendor payments alone. You can further apply date filters and checkbook filters to take the payments by date, by bank. You can then save it as Favorite, so everytime you need not modify the same. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Brian" wrote: > Can a...

error in reporting service
when i restart the crm server the crysatl APS service allows stop and it must be started manualy in the event vewier i found tis errore after restarting the crm server source: Crystal_CrystalAPS event id : 35101 The root server reported an error Initialization Failure. (Reason: Unable to connect to the database using the provided connection string. Reason: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login 'Adventure_Works_Cycle_CRMCRYSTAL'. Login fails.). do you have an idea thanx Are CRM and SQL installed on the same box? If so, my gue...

Microsoft Word Table design in Access 2007
Is there a method for inserting a table (not an access table, but a word table with columns/rows/header, etc...) in a description field in a form or below the description field? I'm creating a database for development business rules and sometimes a business rule needs a table to explain or identify the heirarchy/relationship of items for the rule. I don't want this to link to anything else but the Business Rule ID that I am currently in. Thanks in advance! You could use a memo field but the data will not be separated by grid lines. You would need to add spacing and ...

reporting a/c adjustments
I am using Money 2000. When I update the balance of my loan accounts I assign a category for the adjustment, but the adjustments do not show up in my reports. Any suggestions? ...

non delivery reports
I have upgraded a server from server 2003 to SBS 2003. I have installed and configured exchange and all seems to be working ok. The problem I am having is I cannot get a copy of Non-Delivery Reports to be copied to any of my users mailboxes (I have tried them all I have also creating aliases but still no joy) upon further investigation I discovered that is I un-tick allow non delivery reports under Internet Message Formats, Default, Advanced, I will still get an NDR returned to sender. I have restarted Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine and SMTP services and also rebooted the server. I h...

How do I put a landscape table into a portrait report
I am writing a report in portait and want to place a table that is in landscape into the report. . . how do I do this? Thanks, See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/LandscapeSection.htm. Although the stated purpose of this article is to explain how to put a portrait page number (or header/footer) on a landscape page, it does start by explaining how to create the required landscape section for your table. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Gwen" <Gwen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Word vs. Publisher
I routinely work in Publisher to produce a monthly report. The end product is great, but I was considering a more user-friendly program to produce the report in, such as Word, to make it easier on my colleagues in my absence. Training someone new on Publisher or obtaining Word 2007 is not possible at this time; limited resurces preclude these options. Any ideas how I can make optimal use of Word 2003 to produe a report as rich as I can with Publisher, with a minimum of "moving parts" (making it easy for anyone on staff to use with a minimum training curve)? Thanks Without k...

Word can not load e-mail envelope
The above error has recently started with Word 2003 when I click the "email" button to send a document as the email body, not as an attachment. Previously this function worked. The "send as an attachment" works. I have found a KB entry, but its solution did not work. I'm using Outlook 2003 as my default email editor. Thanks for any help and suggestions. Jim ...

Use jpg as border
Hi - I have a specific jpg that I wish to use as a border on a Word 2007 document. This jpg will be 3/4 point, and will border the entire document with multiple copies of the picture. In other words, the picture will be copied around the entire border of the document. I looked in Word 2007 'Help' but could not find the info on how to do this, if indeed it is possible. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Joe Hello Joe, if your jpg file is of right dimensions, you can use it as a background image. Therefore you can have it as border as...

crosstab report colum headings
Hi, I have a crosstab report based on Duane Hookom's crosstab database. It works very well and I appreciate all the help I received last year in getting it to work. Now, I have a lot of data to report and I am trying to condense it down to as few pages as possible. I can get the data (detail) to be 10 columns wide in the report and still be readable. However, the last two column headings wrap into the next row even though there is plenty (at least it appears that way) of width room left on the page. I have tried various things, but really do not know how to make it n...

Email reports in 2007
access 2007 on WinXP After reading through numerous posts in this forum, I settled on what appeared to be the closest solution to my issue. The code below is included as the action to perform from a switchboard command button-- it is one continous line. DoCmd.SendObject acReport,"rpt ConfirmationLetter4testing*", acFormatRTF,"ContactNumber",,,"test confirmation",,True Upon executing I immediately get a "error executing command" error message. I have a working report named rpt ConfirmationLetter4testing which is based on a query nam...

Additional info re: Word 2007 will not open files when you double click them
I should have mentioned... I am running XP 32 bit SP3 Neil ...

Publisher vs Word 2002
I am currently using Word 2002 to make up facsimile copies of old catalogs. These are mostly graphics and can bee from 15-150 pages. The documens are big, 200MB and larger, but are very simple in design, usually just one bif image per page, sometimes with headers and footers.. I need the ability to have headers and footers, sometimes with page numbers. Would I benefit by moving to Publisher? If so, in what ways? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from JB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I am currently using Word 2002 to make up...

An error occurred....report.dll. Reload Money
I searched and found this problem but the link to the answer is dead everywhere. I just added a 3rd report to my favorites in MSM 02. Any ideas? On Feb 9, 1:14 pm, johnmohlengr...@gmail.com wrote: > I searched and found this problem but the link to the answer is dead > everywhere. I just added a 3rd report to my favorites in MSM 02. Any > ideas? Cal, Any ideas? ...

Captial Gains Report Omits Sale of Bonds
I sold 2 corporate bonds in 2007. They were reported by my brokerage on a 1099-B along with 4 mutual funds that were sold at the same time. When I ran the Capital Gains report in Money 2007, the funds showed up, but not the bonds. All of the transactions were entered at the time they were transacted. Any reason why? Any setting that needs to be tweaked? Thanks -- David Schwartz Commack, NY In microsoft.public.money, David Schwartz wrote: >I sold 2 corporate bonds in 2007. They were reported by my brokerage on a >1099-B along with 4 mutual >funds that were sold at the s...