WORD : problem in normal.dotm ?

I am recently facing the follwoing problem :
whenever I start a new word document, the new document has lost the standard
header and footer margins, and cusror is on the top left corner of the doc.
I have deleted the normal.dotm document form the templates directory,  word
has created a new onebut still theproblem is there.

Are there any ideas how this can be cured back to real normal ?

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 18:06:40 -0700, Stam
<Stam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am recently facing the follwoing problem :
>whenever I start a new word document, the new document has lost the standard
>header and footer margins, and cusror is on the top left corner of the doc.
>I have deleted the normal.dotm document form the templates directory,  word
>has created a new onebut still theproblem is there.
>
>Are there any ideas how this can be cured back to real normal ?
0
Jay

formatting problem #5
How can I get Excel to change to colour of an entire row when I enter data in a specific cell? ie If I have data in the cell range A1...G1 and then I enter data in H1 I want Excel to change the colour of the entire row to indicate that the task is complete for that row, but still leave the data readable Thanks in advance -- srv5uk ------------------------------------------------------------------------ srv5uk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25006 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385314 Hi It sounds lik...

Problem with View Source / Outlook 2000
I searched some more, found that the problem is caused when the Temporary Internet files cache is too big. Deleted the cache and the problem is solved. Changed the settings to a more reasonable 100 MB and it shouldn't happen again Steven =================================== I'm using Outlook 2000 and Win 2000, no problems now (had to reinstall Windows last week for unrelated reasons). I also use ZoneAlarm and Outlook has permission only to access the Trusted zone, not the Internet in general. Something has happened in the past couple of days. I got an email that looked blank ...

Problem with komma versus period in Excel
Hej I am have problems with the use of period in Excel. I Denmark komma is the decimal seperator. If I convert (from within VB Editor) the content of a cell from "6340,00" to text and replace the komma with period I get "6340" (I wanted "6340.00). If I make the convertion in Excel and record the macro at the same time I get the desired result i my sheet. BUT when I put in my code in VBA and run it from here I still get the wrong result, "6340" and not "6340.00". I know Excel (VBA) transform "." to "," probably acording to...

Exchange Patch (KB912442) causes problem w/ share login accts
Exchange2003 std SP2 w/ Office 2003 & XP clients. We have several users who shares a computer, so instead of logging in w/ different users accts, I set them up w/ a shared logging and access Outlook w/ multiple Mail profiles. However, after installing KB912442, it blocks these users from sending emails. It gives them an message that the shared login doesn't have the right to send emails on behalf of this user. I checked the mailbox rights in AD Users and Computers, the shared login has Read & Full mailbox rights permissions. Any idea how to fix this. Thanks in advance. ...

Report Writer Text Spacing Problems While Modifying a PO form
Due to Report Writer static text field size limitations, I am forced to try to use two adjacent text fields to complete a sentence. I am having an inordinate amout of problems trying to get words to align in sentences with the correct amount of character spacing between words that span the text field boundaries. And, the process of toggling between Report Writer and Dyamics to get the Purchase Order form to reprint is time consuming. What am I missing (besides patience)? -- Jay Jay, 1) Setup a calculated field for your static text. Set the result type to String, and use the Constant...

Number and Word in the same cell
I want to be able to have a number and a word in the same cell, but still be able to use formulas to add, subtract, ect. to the number. For example: I have 6 meters in cell A1 and want to add 11.9 meters If A1 = 6 meters A2 = 11.9 meters =VALUE(LEFT(A1,SEARCH(" ",A1,1)-1))+VALUE(LEFT(A2,SEARCH(" ",A2,1)-1)) "Bob Martin" wrote: > I want to be able to have a number and a word in the same cell, but still be > able to use formulas to add, subtract, ect. to the number. > For example: I have 6 meters in cell A1 and want to add 11.9 meters An alternativ...

problems in creating file dialog in tab control
Hi,I am creating a tab control and want to pop up a file dialog when clicking one tab page. but now, the file dialog was shown up at the same time with tab control, not after selecting one page. Could some guys help me? Thanks David GetClientRect(hwndParent,&rcClient); InitCommonControls(); hwndTabCtrl=CreateWindow(WC_TABCONTROL,"", WS_CHILD|WS_CLIPSIBLINGS|WS_VISIBLE,0,0,rcClient.right,rcClient.bottom,hwndParent,NULL,g_hinst,NULL); if(hwndTabCtrl==NULL) AfxMessageBox("can't create tab control window"); m_tcitem.mask=TCIF_TEXT|TCIF_IMAGE; m_tcitem.iIma...

Problem creating new mailbox
Hello, I'm trying to create a new mailbox, I've done this tons of times but this time I'm getting a problem. I created the user and then the respective mailbox with no problems. I then went to the users properties to create e email address, choose SMTP and inserted the address with no problems. The other times after some seconds exchange would automatically create de X400 Address but this time it doesn't, the user won't appear in the global address list and when I configure Outlook 2003 and click "check name" it says it cannot find the user. Last friday I cr...

Configuration wizard problem.
I just installed Exchange Server 2003 enterprise edition.=20 Every thing in the install went fine. However when i go=20 through the configuration wizard inside the exchange=20 system manager i get this error There is no server on which this wizard can run. code: 104b56a and then it brings me to a screen that says: ---------------------------------- =B7 You cannot configure Exchange 5.5 or earlier versions to=20 send or receive Internet e-mail using the wizard, so these=20 servers are not available for selection =B7 You cannot run the wizard on Exchange servers that: =B7 Are part of a Wi...

The word limit is too short. 175-225. Can you write 1,000 words?
I'm struggling and frustrating myself with creating a newsletter in publisher. I have articles that I have written that are all 1,000 words or so. Is this too many words for newsletter articles? Publisher only allows 175-225 per section. This would be a MAJOR editing job to cut down to this level. Furthermore, significant information will be lost. I suppose articles are supposed to be short and to the point when creating a 'newsletter.' Your suggestion/comment will be appreciated. Ken You can write a book in Publisher, what you need to do is link your text boxes...

Problem inserting in-line images
I am using Word 2003. Generally when I want to insert an image in a document I successfully use Insert..Picture...from file. I can then right click and add a caption is I want to. This is the preferred setting for me as i like to be able to easily add text before and after the picture. Hence my default settting (under Options...Edit) is 'Insert/paste pictures... Inline with text. I am having a problem with one particular document today (and I have seen it occasionally in the past) when I use the above method but the image gets hidden behind the text above. If I open a new...

MFC SDI Exe to OCX conversion problem
Hi, I have used below link for MFC SDI Exe to OCX conversion problem. Its well-known link of scribble example. http://www.microsoft.com/mind/0497/mfc.asp In this example , framewindow is used as WS_CHILD so it doesnt give menu bar. But I need menu bar so I have made WS_POPUP style. But the program crashes in CDocument destructor when I close IE . In this statement: m_pDocTemplate->RemoveDocument(this); I am unable to understand why it happens. Please help. Thanks, Dhaval ...

more problems with windows mail
I changed the port # for outgoing mail and it works.... but now I can't receive anything in the windows mail account. I have 1 new mail if I go directly to AOL but it doesn't come up in Windows. What do I do? Thanks again, Dave N9 for your previous help. Do you get an error message when you try to receive? If so, right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "ms" wrote in message news:39477D36-4145-45C1-B652-526E471313...

Subsystem Spooler has encountered problems
The last couple of days my Outlook has been completely frozen - nothing gets in and nothing goes out, and it's impossible to close it down (see Colin's email about having to use taskmanager to close it) - when I open it up, the above error message appears: "Windows Messaging Subsystem Spooler has encountered a problem and needs to close." Please someone help!! ...

CSV in Word==>Excel....?
I have one field from a Word document that imports perfectly. Then, I have another field, separated by commas, that I would like to separate into different cells.....Is this possible? If so, how Thank you Matthew After you import the data, you could use Data>'Text to Columns' to separate the data. If it's not the last column in the imported data, move it temporarily, or insert sufficient blank columns to its right, to accommodate the split data. Matthew wrote: > I have one field from a Word document that imports perfectly. Then, I have another field, separated by comm...

AutoShape Problems
I have 6 projects which I designed using the same design features with MS Pub2002. All the work was set up to Spot Color / Pantone.. for commercial printing.. and Pack and Go. My printer also uses Pub2002, however when he printed the files on his laser printer for me to proof the AutoShape graphics are changed from my original design. Mostly everything else was OK, or at least fixable on his part. However the specific graphics which are a problem involve curved lines, both solid, and dashed, with no added begin or end style that I created using AutoShape. What is happening is that in my o...

Problem with Outlook reply
Dear Madam / Sir, I have problem with my outlook reply; when I choose the reply option, the sender Email address does not appear in the address bar and I should enter it manually. Would you please advice me how to solve this problem? Thank you Ehsan ...

Money 2002 File conversion problem
After using Money 2002 for quite some time I tried to go for Money 2003. When converting the data file the message "Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version". Has anybody come across this problem and can help me in this. Are both of the versions from the same country - for example UK to UK or US to US? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org/ Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/ for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any unsolicited...

How do I expand Y-axis title so it shows all the words?
the title says it all Version: Office 2003, Student Edition ...

I can't open a word document from outlook
I have office 2007 and cannot open word documents I have received or sent - it just started today. I click on the attachment and a pop comes up saying if I want to make changes to the program, if I say yes it goes to the word program but is just grey without the document there. There are no problems with excel or PowerPoint. "Steven Dear" <StevenDear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0775470C-BB6A-4236-BAF7-4D8C65C14120@microsoft.com... >I have office 2007 and cannot open word documents I have received or sent - > it just started today. I cl...

Is it possible to use Latex fonts for MS Word?
I am trying to get \mathscr{D} character in MS Word (in the equation). In Latex it require \usepackage{mathrsfs}. Recently I discovered that it is possible to use Latin Modern Roman fonts in MS Word and the document looks like Latex document. Unfortunately I have to use very specific mathematical fonts. Maybe it is possible to get these fonts somewhere? Thank you in advance. Probably not. You are talking about a metafont. Those are not used by Windows at all. Actually, with the exception of TeX, I doubt they are used anywhere at all. What you could do is see if FontForge...

Calculation problem #3
I have a spreadsheet in which I am trying to calculate seconds into minutes. However, when I do so, it converts incorrectly. The example: I am trying to convert 162 seconds into minutes. I have tried 162/60, and CONVERT (162,"sec","mn"), and each time I get a value of 2.7. There is no such thing as 2.7 minutes. It should be returning 3.1 minutes. Any suggestions? Hi Steve try =TIME(0,0,162) and format the result as time Frank Steve wrote: > I have a spreadsheet in which I am trying to calculate > seconds into minutes. However, when I do so, it converts &g...

TNEF attachment problem
A client of mine is using Outlook 2007 on his main PC, and has a number of clients all using Outlook 2007. When emails are sent with attachments, his netbook is having a problem with the attachments not being decoded by Outlook Express 6. Now, before you jump in and say to change the way that Outlook is formatting the messages, and all the other standard stuff about Outlook, I can receive the same emails in my copy of Outlook Express 6, and they are correctly decoded. The raw message data on his netbook refers to the winmail.dat file (I think), and to tnef encoding. On mine, in...

OWA authentication problem #3
SBS 2003: go to url www.domain.com, select remote web workplace. Authenticate with user/pass and get next page. Select "read my company email". Next page displays but with the following error: "You could not be logged on to Outlook Web Access. Ensure that your user name and password are correct, and then try again." This user/pass combination seems to be able to authenticate with Active Directory (is allowed into remote workplace) but for some reason, OWA won't accept the credentials. Can anyone advise how I can diagnose this issue? There's nothing i...

fax feature problems
To send a fax I went to help, and followed their instructions. Unfortunately, I don't get at all what they say. I use OL 2000 Internet mail only. File-> new fax. I get an error message. MS OL cannot use Symantec Fax Starter edition for sending and receiving faxes. This feature is not currently installed. Would you like to install it now ? -> yes -> installation complete. You will have to restart OL . I do. I get another error message : Coding error [] should not be referenced in Key [HKEYUSERS\]. That is a directory, and I don't know enough to go there. Then I get &...