Word Labels

I am using Word 2003.
I have a page of folder labels in Word that I connect to an Access File.
Whenever I bring up the page of labels in comes up with the "Mark-up" view on.
I do not like this view and have to turn it off.  How can I permanently
change this file to only come up in "print view" view???  Can anyone help me
or at least point me in the right direction.  I never use the "mark-up" view.

Aurora

Markup view appears when the document contains tracked changes or comments.
See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trackchanges/HowTrackChangesWorks.html.

To fix it, turn off Track Changes, accept or reject all changes in the
document, and remove all comments. Then save the "clean" document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Aurora wrote:
> I am using Word 2003.
> I have a page of folder labels in Word that I connect to an Access
> File. Whenever I bring up the page of labels in comes up with the
> "Mark-up" view on. I do not like this view and have to turn it off.
> How can I permanently change this file to only come up in "print
> view" view???  Can anyone help me or at least point me in the right
> direction.  I never use the "mark-up" view.
>
> Aurora

0
Jay

XY Chart Label
Need the help up of the Excel gurus.. I'm using Rob Bovey's XY Chart labeler to label a Red, Yellow, and Green XY chart. By the way...this add-in is great!!! The data for the charts are built from dynamic named ranges for both X and Y. I have a helper column for the labels that is a dynamic named range as well. All data is linked to an MS Access db. Here's what I'm trying to do: The data for the charts will change whenever I load the file with new data and was wondering if anyone knew how to create a macro to call up the Add In and place the dynamic named range in th...

Search for multiple words
I need a formula which would enable me to search for more than 7 words ( I have at least 20 word) and when 1 of the word is found to display that word. In any given cell will contain 1 of the words needed. 'IF', 'Countif' function allow no more than 7 words.Any idea eg A B hdfjjkduo...PAUL...iuepoipwp search PAUL or MARC or so on- Result = PAUL hhjhwoujiowqu...MARC...ioo Result = MARC so on so on Hi could you put ...

the blank page in Word 2007 contains text
When I open Word 2007 the opening page contains the text of a document I composed long ago and thought I had deleted. When I go New Document, the blank document contains the same text. How do I get rid of it and have a clean page on which to start? See the article "Why is my "Blank Document" not blank?” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsof...

How to add a column to an existing table and fill it (i.e., fill down) with a particular word / number
Hello - I have a basic question. How do I add a new column to an existing table, and place a word in it so that it repeats all the way down the column? Thanks. Hi Mike What is the point of doing this. If you have a million records you will have a million repetitions of the same text string. If you "really" don't want to add the word as and when needed (very simple in a query report or form) you could use an update querry (if the word may change) or just add a default to the table field which will allow overwritting But again there seems to be no point in this -- Wayn...

Publish calendar to web
I publish a calendar to a web page. Some events are marked as private, and they don't get published. My problem is that where the private event is, a label showing "Free" or "Busy" shows up on the calendar. I'd rather just have an empty spot. There doesn't seem to be a way of selecting "none" for free/busy label. This did not happen with Office 2000, but started with the Office 2002 upgrade. How can I get rid of the labels? Thanks in advance. ...

I can't remove a watermark in Word 2007, suggestions?
I am having difficulty removing a watermark form a document in Word 2007. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Watermarks are anchored to a header. Double-click to activate the header area; you should then be able to select and delete the watermark. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "jdgesq2" <jdgesq2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2887A6E3-9CDA-48E5-903B-01054A185A3C@microsoft.com... >I am having difficulty removing a watermark form a document in Word 2007. > Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

how can I replicate a hyperlink in Word
Second request (not sure the first one posted) Manic_Jim, Since this is an EXCEL newsgroup, not WORD, it's unlikely you'll receive a reply to your question no matter how many times you repost. Please post your question in an appropriate newsgroup. Scroll down the list of subjects on the left side of the webpage (assuming you're using the interface at http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx) and find Word. Good luck, LeAnne Manic_Jim wrote: > Second request (not sure the first one posted) ...

Make a Word template available in a public folder
Is there any way to make a Word template available in a public folder, so remote users can access the template when offline? Shannon Yes, and no. Users will have access to the template, but when they open it, they'll be opening the .dot file itself, not creating a new .doc file with it. If you want to go this route, be sure to make the folder read-only, so users will be forced to save the newly created file to their system, rather than overwrite the .dot in the folder. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power...

My Access query shows blank in the label merge
When I try to merge the Access query I want into label format, the query shows blank. I can merge the database table with no problem but not my query. What am I doing wrong? How are you trying to do this? What is the SQL statement of your query? I assume you mean the report shows blank (i.e., the query returns no records...) More info, please Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement...

Publisher and Word printer margins unexpected printer results
In Microsoft Publisher, I set up a custom size page ( 5.5 X 8.50) Statement size. Printer is HP 7960 Photosmart with margins minimized. Page margins set as .25 top, bottom, right and left side. Looks perfect on the screen but in print preview there is extra space added to the left side of the page. When it is printed the left margin is diminished by about 1/8:of what is set in the document.. This is happening with another printer as well, HP K8600. I feel it is a Office software issue and have been trying for weeks to solve it. In Word the document looks correct in the preview, but...

Jar labels
Can anyone help with an equivilent label to the Avery 5163 required in publisher to print jar labels. It seems that the label 5163 does not exist. The nearest I can find is L7173X but that doesn't work as the page size cannot be altered and the labels are too large. Thanks in anticipation, Geoff Lear. I'm using Pub 2003 and I see a label template for 5163. I've also found it in Pub 2000 and 2002. Which version are you using? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Geoff Lear" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51ca01c4912f...

Outlook cannot find word
Hi, When starting a new mail message from withing Outlook, I get an error message reading "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor insead." I have just upgraded to Outlook 2002 and have downloaded and installed all the lasted updates/service packs for my Office 2000 Professional. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks, Darren Thanks for your resonse. I was not totally clear in my first comment. I actually want to use word as my mail editor. Any thoughts? Please post r...

Word macro based on following text
Hi, I need to call a date convert macro from Word. I have the macro which can covert the date from one format to another but every time need to run the macro. Let me put that as an example. Last Due Date : 40170 - this is relative date. I have macro to convert this. as soon as i type the macro behind the number, it should convert it. Last Due Date : 40170=cdate ---should call the macro and next moment macro does Last Due Date : 40170=23-12-2009 issue here, how can activate the macro :) thank you very much for your help. regards, Dwija Instead of typing =cdate, ass...

Converting Word Doucment to PDF
I am trying to convert a 2003 word document without scanning it. Currently I am using Word 2003 and don't have the option to just covert to pdf and I can't save it as pdf either. Help!! You can download a free conversion utility such as pdf995, cutepdf, or primopdf. On May 11, 5:50=A0pm, Nancy <Na...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to convert a 2003 word document without scanning it. Currentl= y I > am using Word 2003 and don't have the option to just covert to pdf and I > can't save it as pdf either. Help!! You can download a fr...

Export graphs into excel or word
Hi all, I have created a graph that works fine, it looks ok in preview, but is there anyway you can export graphs directly into a word doc or excel, I have tried the various export options available but non seem to work. thanks. ...

displaying delta symbol in word/excel
Whenever I try to type a capital delta symbol (from the symbol font via the "insert symbol" command) word and excel insert a space, and do not display the symbol (the delta does display when I put it in through equation edititor). It also appears in entourage, but when I try to paste it from entourage to excel or word, it vanishes. Most of the other symbol characters seem to behave quite normally. Any ideas? Thanks, -john "John Burk" <jburk@standrews-de.org> wrote in message news:1107751935.146848.125450@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Whenever I try to type ...

Sort and exclude certain words
Hi ... I work in a public library and frequently export lists of books from our online catalog to Excel, so that I can manipulate the data in various ways. My problem in sorting in Excel is this: Our library catalog excludes words like "The" "A" or "An" at the beginning of a title when sorting. Excel, however, does not. Is there any way I can sort on a field in Excel and have it ignore certain words at the beginning of a string? Thanks! -- jds217 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jds217's Profile: http://www.exc...

save in differents folder each documents in WORD
Hi, I am using windows XP and Microsoft ofiice word 2003 and I would like to save automatically one document in 1 folder, but a different gropus of documents I want to save automatically in other folder (just presing save, not going every time to the specific folder), can I do that? When I change the location to save the documents it saves for every word document and I want to save to a specific folder for a group of documents and for another group of documents I want a different folder, but automatically. Thanks Andrei aberdich@gmail.com <aberdich@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, I am u...

show name when a cell has specific word
Hi How do we add into VBA a code to insert a name into a cell when another cell has a specific word selected from a validation list. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Noemi Would a formula such as =IF(B1="Fred","Barney","") work for you? (assuming your cell to be checked to be B1) "Noemi" wrote: > Hi > How do we add into VBA a code to insert a name into a cell when another cell > has a specific word selected from a validation list. > > Any help would be appreciated. > > Thanks Noemi ...

Save visio as WMF, insert in word, paste to outlook problem
I'm using Outlook Web Access. The application requires that I cut and paste from a Word document into Outlook Mail - usually as a reply to incoming mail. I have created some diagrams (in Visio), saved them in .WMF format, and inserted them into the Word document, and all looks well and prints well. When I highlight the appropriate section in the Word document and copy/paste it into the mail, all the lines disappear! - text is intact. Diagrams are meaningless! Am I doing something wrong, or is there a better way? I have used some attachments, but many corporate email systems reject or st...

Search for document containing certain words
None of the indexing programs seem to search publisher files. Since I do a lots of work in publisher it would be handy to find one. Any suggestions? I use Agent Ransack, there is a free lite version. http://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/ -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "IanS" <IanS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B8E1AD1-4C58-49C7-A147-D3C9707522E6@microsoft.com... > None of the indexing programs seem to search publisher files. Since I do a > lots of work in publisher it would be handy to find one. Any suggestions? Wow,...

MS Word Hangs when being opened for a reply.
I use MS Word for the e-mail replies and today it hung when I wanted to reply to one of these HTML messages about gas prices that everybody seems to forward to everybody. I used the task manager to shut down Outlook and then Word would not start up. I tried to re-start and the system complained that I needed to shut down a word progran, even though none was running. I turned off the machine by holding the power button for 4 seconds. After the re-boot I double clicked a few documents and Word started up properly. I went back into Outlook to test that it was indeed this one message t...

Word 2007 crashing 01-13-10
I have word 2007 running on windows 7 with 2G ram. Have problem with word crashing when word file is loaded and run dragon naturally speaking 10.1. if word does not have a file loaded programs run together. is there any fix to stop word from crashing while dragon is open? any help would be appreceated. i have tried all fixes listed on nuance web site without resolution. have e mailed there teck support but have not recieved a responce yet. Anthony. Sounds like you need support from Dragon rather than Word. It suggests that the macros that Dragon uses are incompatible. ...

How do I underline words without underlining the whole field?
I have created a database in the form view. I would like to be able to underline certain words in one of the fields without underlining everything in the field. Anyone who has some helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. In a form? I think the only approach would be to use RTF. It's possible in a report, though, with some limitations: see what Stephen Lebans has at http://www.lebans.com/mixbold-plain.htm While you're at Stephen's site, check his free RTF control at http://www.lebans.com/richtext.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-...

need to send a doc. from word 2007 to an e-mail acct.
I want to send a document thats in word to an e - mail Attach it to the e-mail. billy wrote: > I want to send a document thats in word to an e - mail "billy" <billy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA122F05-F988-4662-A455-F8840BC34CCB@microsoft.com... > I want to send a document thats in word to an e - mail In Word do Office Button-Send-Email O.k. What happens when you try? Have you clicked the Office Button....Send.... -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officef...