Word 2007 Table of Contents Automatic Update?

Does anyone know of a way to set an automatic update of a table of contents,
say when you save or close a document? If so, please let me know. Thanks!

Have you looked at Stefan Blom's reply to your previous duplicate question?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"tjb" <tjb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a way to set an automatic update of a table of
> contents,
> say when you save or close a document? If so, please let me know. Thanks!

0
Suzanne

Logo created in Word, not recognized as an image
I created a killer logo in MS Word and I cannot use it, because it is not recognized as an image file. I also cannot recreate it. Help!! Bring up the logo in Word. Go to HELP. type in: convert .doc file to image file. One of your choices will be to convert to a .TIFF. If this will work...follow the directions. Tlmh99 wrote: > I created a killer logo in MS Word and I cannot use it, because it is not > recognized as an image file. I also cannot recreate it. Help!! Can you not simply copy and paste into Publisher. Select paste special and choose the best format. -- Mary Sauer M...

Export WPX4 Address book to MS Word 2007?
Is it possible to transfer my WordPerfect X4 address book to Word 2007 for use in addressing envelopes etc.? I have the home and school version of 07. Thanks, Rich Mercer Word doesn't have an address book. It utilises the contacts list of Outlook, which of course the student version of Office does not include. It *may* be possible to extract the data from your WP address book to a Word table to use as a data source for mail merge, but I suspect you may have to do this from Word Perfect. If you still have access to WP, check if it has an option to export to a comma delim...

Configuring Outlook 2007
Hi, I was trying to configure Outlook 2007 to access my mails. I am facing this problem continuosly- If I try to access my hotmail account, it always goes into Offline mode, though I am able to access it through Windows Live. Once or twice, I have been able to download few mails, but never more than than that. The OS is Vista. Thanks ________________________________________ " If you think you can, and if you think you can't, then you are right"- Henry ford Are you using the Outlook Connector? if not, you need it - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Fa...

outlook 2007 no problem receiving email but problem sending
I have no problem sending and receiving emails when connected at work but from home, I can receive new messages but there is a problem sending. I get the message Sending reported error 0x80042109. Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue receiving this message contact your server administrator or ISP. Any ideas please. Thanks, Charlie Have you verified with your corporate mail admin already that the settings have been correct for usage outside of the company network and if this is indeed fully supported by your corporation? If so,...

Content in user's calendar different than other calendars
Good morning from Wisconsin, In our network, one user's calendar is not seeing the same events/ notes as everyone else. The updates that he puts in don't get pushed out to the shared calendars, and he can see some of the updates that other users put into the shared calendars but not all updates. It appears as if his calendars won't update beyond a date somewhere in the neighborhood of about three weeks ago. However, he can send/ receive email from the server just fine. The clients are all running Outlook 2003 and log into Active Directory on a Windows SBS 2003 box running Exch...

Office X 10.1.6 Update: Fonts missing?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3182711903_8674241 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit After updating to 10.1.6, some fonts are missing (KidPrint, Lucida handwriting, etc.) Any ideas? --B_3182711903_8674241 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Office X 10.1.6 Update: Fonts missing?</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <FON...

Advanced find
In advance find a customer wishes to know how many of each product an account has ordered. The Order lines, Quote Lines, Invoice Lines are not available as output entities. Therefore no reporting on advanced find is avaiable. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message...

How to combine two identically structured tables to query them
Hi, I am sure there is a way that you can have a query that effectively takes two separate tables that have the identical column layout and add them together and then perofrm a query on the combined set of data. I just can't remember how to do it. My reason for need in this is that I have a table called "SellerNumbers" that has 4 million rows of data in it and what I want to do to improve performance is archive the oldest 2 years worth of data to an identical table called "SellerNumbersArchive", however the users want to be able to occasionaly run quer...

Updating PO Line Qtys should not remove existing AA with 100% Assi
Assuming AA is setup and you have at least 1 Dimension linked to an Account, and that Dimension has a Dimension Code attached. 1. Go into PO Entry 2. Enter a line item 3. Go into Purchasing Item Detail entry and make sure your Inventory Account is an account linked to your AA Class and therefore Dimension. 4. Enter AA information against this account on the PO - using the default of 100% Assignment. 5. Return back to the PO Entry window. 6. Change the Qty on the PO Line to be 1 greater (or less). Press tab to move off the field. Actual Result: The already assigned AA data for that line...

merging into Word with filtered data
Hello, I'm trying to do a merge in Word using data from Excel. However, I don't want to merge using data from the whole worksheet, but just filtered data (all people from London - place is one of the fields in the worksheet. I have no idea how I might do this. Any help gratefully received. I believe you can accomplish this from Word by using "Query Options" and selecting to merge only those records you're seeking. HTH PC "Italian Pete" <ItalianPete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E62FCDC-42EC-48DB-92AC-857B224F085F@microsoft.c...

Can't Change Text direction in office 2007
Hi, i have installed office 2007 ( Pro Plus Edition) on a machine. i have faced a strange thing that i have never seen. the option of changing text direction from right to left or left to right does not exist. it come by default with ltr direction. What's the Problem ? Hi, You need to enable a right-to-left language, such as Hebrew or Arabic. To do this, perform the following steps: 1. Close Word. 2. Click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft Office, click Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office 2007 Language Settings. 3. In the "Available...

Dcuments that WORD "remembers"
Hi, In WORD, when one selects "files" from the menu the last four (4) documents are displayed. Is there a way to change this default to, say, six (6) documents. I know that Word Perfect does. Any advice? Uzi,.12/10/09 Go to Tools Options, General, change the "Recently used file list" from 4 to 9 (max). This is for 2003 and prior. 2007 Microsoft Office Button to display the Office menu, General, I believe you can a greater number on show. Hope this helps DeanH "uzidengineer" wrote: > Hi, > > In WORD, when one selects ...

Pivot table #11
I asked this yesterday but I am having difficulty getting to my original post. Page 1 of this news group keeps brining me to feb 17th.... anyways this is what i asked yesterday: Is there a way I can set up a pivot table with sub categories? i.e. Type of Contact is my heading and under it I have 4 categories (phone, walk-in, etc...) Thanks. A. I got this reply: If you add Type of Contact to the row area, you should see all of the categories. Can you describe the fields in your data table, and how you'd like them to appear in the pivot table? My answer to this is: I would like...

Blank Project on MS Project Pro 2007 startup
Does anyone have a code snippet for closing the blank project that is opened when opening project? Or is there a checkbox I have missed that will do this. Hello WJM, You can set Project to open the last file on startup in Tools > Options, General tab. However, I believe there is currently an error in Project 2007 where opening the last file on startup causes an incorrect error message. When you open an existing project plan the Project1 file is closed for you. I guess I'm not sure that a clicking a button to run a macro is any better than using the built in close ...

Full screen doesn't works in Word 8 for mac
Hello everybody Strangely my full screen option doesn't work in Word. It only enlarge the window of my file but background and other opened applications are still visible. Thanks for any clue Full screen mode functions in Pages so I don't think it's a system issue -- Constance Hi Constance, the fullscreen view in Word does not really deserve that name; all it does is hide the toolbars and the rulers. It is nowhere near the fullscreen view in Pages, which hides anything not related to the currently active Pages document. Sorry; there's not much you can do ...

Can't save new contacts in Outlook 2007
When I try to save new contacts in Outlook 2007, I get an error message: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid." It's been suggested that I clear the forms cache but cannot find how to do that in 2007 (recommended link was for 2003 version). Can anyone help with that or is there another possible solution? P.S. I am working off line in Outlook, if that matters. Also, I can revise and save revisions to existing contacts with no problem. HJ Why are you starting a new thread? Suggest following the recommendations in ...

using interop to create document word 2007
I am using c# and word interop to open a mailmerge document fill it in and then display it to the user. Once i display it the c# app has nothing more to do with the word document. The user can edit it as needed and then save it as a pdf and that is fine. The issue is I would like to set the default path for the document and it could be a network drive or sharepoint and will change every time also it will never be where the original document was opened. ...

Connecting tables
Is there any way to connect tables in Publisher similiar to the way you can connect text frames for overfill. kpappano wrote: > Is there any way to connect tables in Publisher similiar to the way you can > connect text frames for overfill. Nope. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Is there any other way I can do it? Any suggestions? "Ed Bennett" wrote: > kpappano wrote: > > Is there any way to connect tables in Publisher similiar to the way you can > > connect text frames for overfill. > > Nope. > > -- > E...

Simple update Query
Hi, I'm sure I've done this in the past but can't figure how. I have 2 tables "A" and "B" both with the following fields Town; Council I want to update Table "A"'s Council field with the Council information in table "B" Could someone please give me the SQL code to do this. Thanks in advance UPDATE TableA INNER JOIN TableB ON TableA.Town = TableB.Town SET TableA.Council = TableB.Council. IF you can only do this using design view -- Open a new query -- Select the two tables -- Set up a join by dragging from town to town -- add the Cou...

Remove a document from a workspace in Excel 2007
I have a user who created a workspace and included a file that he now wants to remove from the workspace. Is there a way to remove one file from a workspace? Thank you. ...

is there a way to automatically insert and print random pictures
I am trying to create greeting cards using a variety of different pictures on the cover. Is there a way to automatically insert them from a file so each card has a different picture? You could setup a data base with the pictures, use the catalog merge. Help here Create a catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP101921831033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "judy" <judy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D33513D-9069-47E9-AB24-E4C88EA8D4C0@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create greeting cards using a variety o...

What table....
What table does the "More addresses" section use? The "More addresses" is found on the side when you are filling out a contact. CustomerAddress Base Dave "GDaxon" <GDaxon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA8C768F-3664-4FAF-9CBA-6F6F28C8FD64@microsoft.com... > What table does the "More addresses" section use? The "More addresses" is > found on the side when you are filling out a contact. Dear, Check Customeraddressbase. I hope this will help u. Thanks, MVP- CRM/.Net mscrmexpert@gmail.com "GDaxon&qu...

Look up table?
I am sure this is simple, but I dont know how to achieve it I have 2 drop down lists the produce values 1-3 each and a table A B C 1 500 550 600 2 450 500 550 3 400 450 500 How do I get the value at the intersection of the row/coloum, so if the drop downs come up with 1 & b the answer should be $550 Thanks >I have 2 drop down lists the produce values 1-3 each >if the drop downs come up with 1 & b If both drop downs have selections of 1,2 3 then how can the drop down...

Windows XP updates not successful
I am continually getting told by XP (Service Pack 3) that updates are ready for my computer. When I try and install them, I get this: "The following updates were not installed: KB971486, KB969059, KB958869." I went through my Windows Update history, and the first update that was unsuccessful was KB971486. So I downloaded this update to try and install it manually (with the "WindowsXP-KB931784-x86-ENU.exe" /o command), and I got a message saying that "Setup has detected that the Service Pack version of this system is newer than the update you are applying...

Create/Update Excel Objects in Power Point
I developed an add-in in Power Point 97, 2000, XP and 2003 for creating Excel charts/tables and being able to update them. The code I used is below: Dim PPT_CHRT As OLEFormat Dim PPT_SLD As Slide 'ADD a chart/table PPT_SLD.Shapes.AddOLEObject Left:=var_chrt_L, Top:=var_chrt_T, Width:=var_chrt_W, Height:=var_chrt_H, ClassName:="Excel.Chart.8", Link:=msoFalse Set PPT_CHRT = PPT_SLD.Shapes(var_SHP_count_no).OLEFormat PPT_SLD.Shapes(var_SHP_count_no).Select 'EDIT chart/table Set PPT_SLD = ActivePresentation.Slides(var_SHP_SLD_no) Set PPT_CHRT...