Why is there so much space at the buttom?

I am witing an exam paper, and it would help me so much if anyove could
please answer my question asap. Please...

I don't understand, why there is so much white space at the buttom of all
the pages. I have tried changing the margins, making the foot smaller, but it
doesn't help. I use footnotes and have a page number om each page, and the
white space is below both of these. It looks kind of stupid... Does anyone
know how to avoid it?

Thanks in advance!

Marie Skaarup, Denmark

From your description, I wonder if the selected paper size matches the
actual size.

"Marie Skaarup" <Marie Skaarup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am witing an exam paper, and it would help me so much if anyove could
> please answer my question asap. Please...
>
> I don't understand, why there is so much white space at the buttom of all
> the pages. I have tried changing the margins, making the foot smaller, but
> it
> doesn't help. I use footnotes and have a page number om each page, and the
> white space is below both of these. It looks kind of stupid... Does anyone
> know how to avoid it?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Marie Skaarup, Denmark

0
Suzanne

How to remove spaces between paras?
I have a document originally designed for Web use, which I now need to print. But it has a Carriage Return space between each paragraph that I want to remove, so as to print it in a normal way. How do I do this? Anyone advise? Thanks for any help. Snazz Use Edit>Replace with ^p^p in the Find what control and ^p in the Replace with control. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Snazz" <nos...

Line Spacing in OutlookXP
When selecting stationary(sunflower) I lose the ability to change line spacing. When I type a list it double spaces, but when I type text it single spaces on the wrap. I cannot find a way to change the line spacing to single spacing. Outlook XP. I'm not sure if this is the best answer to your problem, but if you use SHIFT+ENTER instead of just ENTER for a return, you should get a single space instead of double. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** ...

Exceded Amount of Space
Receiving email from System Admin stating "exceded amount of space" you could lose incoming email. Have deleted history of emails, but still receive notice. Any suggestions? Could it be the auto archived files? The message is coming from your Mail Server/ISP. Deleting in Outlook isn't going to do any good, as the quota is in your mail provider account. Have you logged into your web mail and deleted there? "Sally" <Sally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B12C4AF-86C4-4E67-9EDE-ABD1AF22EC9E@microsoft.com... : Receiving email from S...

Great Plains should allow wildcards much as Solomon does
Geat Plains is very cumbersome when it comes to information retrieval. The use of wildcards woul dbe very helpful. This feature is in the Solomon series if you woul dlike to see how it works. Thanks You Keith Vincent Sr. Accountant CPES ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

CRM email double spacing
We are finding that when pressing Enter key in the CRM email body, it is double spacing the lines. How could we turn this off from doing that? We are not using any templates at the moment. No template. Just out of the box email functionality we are using. Regards, Kyaw Try Alt-Enter Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com >> Other Microsoft CRM Online Forum Resources: http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm >-----Original Message----- >We are finding that when pressing Enter key in the CRM email body, it is >double spacing the lines. How could we turn this off fr...

Exchange server 2000
I am running out of space with my exchange server. I asked users to delete the unwanted mails but that is not making any difference in my disk. Do i need to do something compact database after the mail deletion ? On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 23:44:02 -0700, Ansari <Ansari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am running out of space with my exchange server. > >I asked users to delete the unwanted mails but that is not making any >difference in my disk. > >Do i need to do something compact database after the mail deletion ? > Your database will not reduce in size unless...

Excel puts spaces after the decimal
When I type 1.50 in any cell in any worksheet Excel displays it as 1. 50. I have checked the decimal points in the format number, currency etc as well as in Tools , options I even checked my Windows settings and re-installed Excel but the problem still stays. PLEASE can somebody help. Did you check under Tools|Autocorrect Options to see if there was something changing the dot to dot-space-space? Isabel wrote: > > When I type 1.50 in any cell in any worksheet Excel displays it as 1. 50. I > have checked the decimal points in the format number, currency etc as well as > in...

Last Column(=spaces) is Dropped When Importing from .Txt file
I am importing a text file from the mainframe in which the last field of the record is spaces. After transfer of the file down to my PC as a text file, I then wish to import it into Excel. Excel is truncating the last column and wiping out my record length which needs to be a fixed record length. After user corrections, the Excel file will then be formatted back to text and processed by another PC application. Any suggestions on how to prevent the truncation of the last column of my records? Thanks! If the last column is always the same number of spaces you could set it as =rept(" &...

Counting with spaces
Hi, How do I count a total of things with spaces inbetween? EX: 4/3/01 6 4/4/01 7 5/5/01 8 5/5/01 9 5/5/01 7 5/6/01 2 The answer I'm looking for is 4. Each date would represent a total of one. The three entries on 5/5 would be counted as one. Thanks, Tom Sub numberOfGroups() Dim r As Range, x As Integer Set r = Range("A1") x = 0 If r.Value = "" Then Set r = r.End(xlDown) Do If r.Offset(1, 0).Value = "" Then x = x + 1 Set r = r.End(xlDown) Loop While r.Row < 65536 If Not r.Value = "" Th...

space between text strings with concatenate
I'm using the concatenate function to join two bits of text - but I want a space between, and the function joins them together without a space. How can I insert a space into the resulting text please? (It seems to me that we would want such a space in ANY two text strings which we join together with concatenate - wouldn't we?? Why doesn't it put one in by default?!) Thanks Jeff Hi Jeff, =text1&" "&text2 -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Jeff" <no_em@ilplease> wrote in message news:42275bd0@212.67.96.135... > I...

Word 2007 paragraph spacing
In WORD 2007 (and maybe earlier versions) 'paragraph spacing' measurements sometimes use 'line' as the unit of spacing and sometimes use 'pt'. Can I force it to always use 'pt'? It uses pt (or any of the other units that Word knows) when you specify an Exactly value; it uses lines when you don't, and it calculates the amount of line spacing (1, 1.5, etc.) on the basis of the point size of the type in the paragraph. On Jan 15, 3:57=A0pm, Scribble <Scrib...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In WORD 2007 (and maybe earlier versions) &...

rows delete via macro needs too much time
Hello all, I wrote a macro which have to delete some rows in a sheet. The sheet contains many sum formulas. When I start the macro, it work very well but after 10 deletes it needs more time than before and after 20 deletes it needs over 30 seconds for one delete. When I break the macro and do the delete manually, the same happen. Post the code. Also, have you tried turning off screenupdating and calculation whilst it is running, and then putting it back on at the end:- Sub xyz() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual Code................ ...

HELP! I can't go to my desktop, much less get online
I kept losing my connection on my WiFi laptop, so I tried repairing the connection by right clicking the icon. Now when I start my pc it presents me with a place to type a password-and I never have set a password to get into my computer. How do I avoid this because it is my computer and I'd like to use it. My system is Windows XP, IE8.-Thank nYou for your help, I'm typing this on someone elses computer. James Moore Larry wrote: > I kept losing my connection on my WiFi laptop, so I tried repairing > the connection by right clicking the icon. Now when I start my pc it ...

Conditional Formatting, contain SPACE
Hi All, How do I HIGHLIGHT a block of data that CONTAIN space?? For an Example, COLOUMN A1-A1000 contains TEXT data. I would like to highlight those cells that contains SPACE. Thanks in advance. under conditional formatting, choose Formula is, and enter =NOT(ISERROR(FIND(" ", A1))) Hope it helps, eksh "apache007" wrote: > Hi All, > > How do I HIGHLIGHT a block of data that CONTAIN space?? > > For an Example, COLOUMN A1-A1000 contains TEXT data. > I would like to highlight those cells that contains SPACE. > > Than...

To much space in my cell?
I have a half inch of space in my cell at the top and I go format cell and do an auto row hight fit and nothing happens. How can I make my date fit into my cell. When I try and manualy make the cell to fit the data the data at the botten dissapears and the top still has the half inch of space. Just a thought, but is the cell merged with the cell above it? If it is there will definitely be a space. If that's the problem, you will have to go to Format, Cells, Alignment, and uncheck the merge cells box. "lostsoul62" wrote: > I have a half inch of space in my ce...

Exchange Server takes more and more HDD space
Hi! I am running Exchange Server 2k on Windows 2k. It's been running fine for more than 2 years. This week, I had an error message ("out of memory...") when I send an email from Outlook Express. I checked the server and realized that the server has only 1.5MB free space on the hard drive. I deleted unnecessary files and made 80MB space. The next day, it was 1.5MB free space again. I checked the size of Exchange folder in Program Files. It counted very slowly and increased little by little. I guess there are very many small files in the folder. Especially the mailroot folder is ...

Right margin space even with margin setting at 0.1???
When using office word, my right margin is set at 0.1 yet there is a ton of space on the right side that I can't break through. What is the problem and how do I fix it? Do you have Track Changes enabled? Or does the document contain comments? If so, Word is allowing extra margin space for markup. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Computer Illit" <Computer Illit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C9C827D-E8B9-40B6-A096-2927B0526A39@microsoft.com... > When using off...

Space usage on my server
I have my Exchange 2003 on a server with two partitions. The Win2003 is on the C: which is 10 gig. I thought that Exch2003 would use the D: which is 60 gig, but it doesn't seem to be using any of that space. Now I can starting to run out of room on C: and need to move the data over to D:.. I remember in 5.5 there was an optimization wizard. Is there anything like that in 2003? There is no Performance Optimizer, however, you can still move your Databases and/or log files. To move the databases (which is I suspect what you are wanting to do), go into Exchange System Manager, ...

running out of disk space
I am running out of disk space on my backend server serving all users. there is no more room for additional HD. Will it be possible for me to purchase an additional server and move some mailboxes over to the new server and run both concurrrently? Will i still be able to use single namespace with front end server? Whate about mapi, will i be able to use single name space with mapi? Hi Tony Yes that sound like a simple enough solution and i don't forsee any problems with you adding an additional server, also if you are running Exchange Enterprise 2000 or 2003 you could simply add...

line spacing w/in a text box
I'm having difficulty with line spacing within a textbox. I go to the Format menu and click line spacing and even if I adjust between lines and before & after paragraphs I still have way too much space between the lines. I'm designing a business card and am having to use a separate text box for each line on the card. I'd like to have just one text box for everytthing on the card. Can anybody help? THANKS! Barbara wrote: > I'm having difficulty with line spacing within a > textbox. I go to the Format menu and click line spacing > and even if I adjust...

space left for future entry = #DIV/0!
I'm making a sheet to calculate my grades, but since its the beginning of the semmester, the spaces aren't filled in yet. How do i ignore a cells until they have a value? -- clooney ------------------------------------------------------------------------ clooney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34711 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=544790 =IF(ISERROR(<your stuff>,"",<your stuff>)) HTH -- AP "clooney" <clooney.289sa5_1148403671.6072@excelforum-nospam.com> a �cr...

office 2007--word opens documents using the 1/3 ofcenter space
after overnight updates, office word opens in center 1/3 of avail space. Content on page is too small to read. Office 2007 enterprize, Win 7 ultimate, Acer aspire 6920, 3 gigs ram all 32 bit -- Art Have you tried dragging the Zoom back to 100%? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Artsr3" <Artsr3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4905DC57-473A-4B50-9FEE-8343D4385A9D@microsoft.com... > after overnight updates, office word opens in center 1/3 of avail space. > Conten...

How much memory should be free on a Server with SQL Server installed?
I am the new DBA in a company and I see that their production server has between 90 and 95% of memory been used. The problem is that according to the task manager, is not SQL Server or related services which is using the memory, in fact is using only 460MB and MS SQL Server Analysis services is using 571MB, Rerporting Services use 252MB. This server has 8GB and I don't the see the sum of all the other processes give around 500MB more. The sum is around 2GB then. What can be using the resting 5.5GB? And if is SQL Server, where can I see that in detailed? I found that as a probl...

Spaces stripped from cookie value
I'm using an apsx page to write a date value to a cookie. I then need to read that cookie with a classic asp page. The value is written correctly to the cookie. If I view cookies for example in Firefox, it is formatted properly. When reading the value via asp however, all of the spaces are stripped out causing it to become an invalid date value. As written: 2/5/2010 3:23:14 PM As read: 2/5/20103:23:14PM As a test I read the value using aspx and it was read correctly. So it appears to be classic asp related. Any ideas why this is happening? On 8 Feb., 18:31, "...

Space Toaster
Help! Does anyone have have the space toaster font? I created a doc at home on MS Pub this morning and my office PC doesn't have the font - Space Toaster. Must print this, in the office,using this font, today, any ideas how I can?? Thanks, Karen. Only in the UK!!! What is wrong with you Blitishers??? There is no hope for you <shaking head in disbelief> Have you heard of a web site called Google? You can find Google here: www.google.com -- http://www.geocities.com/ronman922/sysreq.html -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msaue...