Why is there so much space at the buttom?

I am witing an exam paper, and it would help me so much if anyove could
please answer my question asap. Please...

I don't understand, why there is so much white space at the buttom of all
the pages. I have tried changing the margins, making the foot smaller, but it
doesn't help. I use footnotes and have a page number om each page, and the
white space is below both of these. It looks kind of stupid... Does anyone
know how to avoid it?

Thanks in advance!

Marie Skaarup, Denmark

From your description, I wonder if the selected paper size matches the
actual size.

"Marie Skaarup" <Marie Skaarup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am witing an exam paper, and it would help me so much if anyove could
> please answer my question asap. Please...
>
> I don't understand, why there is so much white space at the buttom of all
> the pages. I have tried changing the margins, making the foot smaller, but
> it
> doesn't help. I use footnotes and have a page number om each page, and the
> white space is below both of these. It looks kind of stupid... Does anyone
> know how to avoid it?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Marie Skaarup, Denmark

0
Suzanne

Scroll bar space
Hi all I have several tabs each with one subform displayed. I have coded the current event of each form to only display the vertical scroll bar if the record count > 19. This works as desired, except it leaves space for the scroll bar when one isn't displayed, making the right hand side of the form look slightly untidy. Is there any way to get round this please? Thanks in advance for any help. Sue You could resize the subform control (decrease or increase its width) when you hide or show the scroll bar. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2009 The Hilltop Ins...

How do I remove spaces
I have data as such - (space)number(space) How do I remove the spaces via a formula or macro? I have 40,000 entries so I would rather not do it manually. thanks Hi If you have all your entries in one column, use the TRIM function. Let's say you have your data in Col A, then in Col B enter the formula = TRIM(A1). That will remove the spaces, but leave your numbers as text, not numbers -- j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at. Stilfontein, Northwest, South Africa "lovebaby" wrote: > I have data as such - (space)number(space) > > How do I remove the space...

BETA much easier to read!
I can't believe how much easier it is to read lines in the new BETA. The BOLD across all fields in unread messages and the darker text instead of that faint one is soooooooooo much better. I am really liking this BETA. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_006E_01CB369F.C4FB13C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit Paula, If also using a Live ID in Windows Live Mail(WLM) to signon to Live(the source of Contacts when signed on in WLM) and also using the same Live ID for Windows Live Messenger(WLMsg...

Can I make my spreadsheet single spaced
Please and Thank you! Can I make my spreadsheet single spaced with out deleting each row individually? If your layout is like this row with data empty row and so on where the empty rows are truly empty there is an easy fix select the column, press F5, click special, select blanks and click OK, press Ctrl and - (ctrl and minus/hyphen), select entire row and press enter of click OK, done -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Angelica" <Angelica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FE374FB-7677-49B4-A4C9-CD6A345AAB8D@microsoft.com... > Please and Thank you! > &g...

How do I stop double spacing on new E-mails to compose?
When I open a new E-mail to compose it goes into double spacing. The word rap is single spacing. When I type words and hit enter to the next line it goes double spacing. When I ad a signiture it doubles also. Thanks Jan Jan <Jan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I open a new E-mail to compose it goes into double spacing. The > word rap is single spacing. When I type words and hit enter to the > next line it goes double spacing. When I ad a signiture it doubles > also. That's normal for HTML. Use Shift-Enter for single space. -- Brian Tillman Thanks ...

free space on outlook account
Hello ! i have outlook 2003, with exchange server. I know i can go in my account properties to get the amount of space taken by my folders. but is it possible to get the info without goiing there and in percentage ? i would like to have a button, when i click, it would say "Inbox = 25% free space, Sent items = 60% free space" is it possible ? maybe with vba ? thanks Tiah Not that I am aware of, but you would be better served asking this in a group for Outlook programming if you are thinking of a programmed solution. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to t...

Low disk space (Deleted mail)
Hi all, I have moved the contents of a mailbox to reduce the size of the exhange database file. I copied all messages (1GB) to a pst file on a different server, then I deleted all the mail in the inbox. Now our server has been having an issue with disk space on C:\ which is why I have moved the mail. Now the space has not been made free and all the said mail was copied and then deleted from its original location. Can someone tell me how to tell the server it has 1 GB free space because this is the amount of mail that was deleted. My server had 1MB free on C:\ this morning (Monday) afte...

Delete filename with trailing space..
Help... How do I delete a file / folder in XP which has a trailing space...? regards jake On 26/01/2010 19:23, Jake wrote: > How do I delete a file / folder in XP which has a trailing space...? Hi Jake Put quotes around the file name. For example from a command line: C:\SOMEDIR>del "this is a file with a trailing space " or C:\>rmdir "this is a folder with a trailing space " Note the trailing space, in these commands :-) Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at optusnet dot com dot au "Jake" <jake44...

Tab spacing in formula...
I have a sheet that pulls info from several other fields to create a text string. The problem is that I need all of the values from my other cells to be a tab space apart. Right now they are separated by several spaces, but it is throwing off my numbers. example, what I have: Name Date Value John 2.20.07 1 Dan 3.20.07 2 example, what I need: Name Date Value John 2.20.07 1 Dan 3.20.07 2 Franky 4.05.07 3 I imagine you have a formula like: =A1&" "&B1&" "&C1 so you are putting a fixed number of...

RTF2 control: having trouble with space key
Hello, Stephen Lebans, if you're out there, first of all I appreciate your commitment to the user community. I recognize that you've shared free solutions and I hope to be more polite than other posters. However, I think I may have found a bug....but I could easily be wrong. Odd behavior: when returning to the RTF2 control after using another control on the form, the RTF2 feild will not except spaces. Actually, all spaces are sent to the last control that had the focus, eventhough all other characters are accepted by RTF2 field. Let me attempt to explain below. I have an .mdb, and a...

Why is there so much space at the buttom?
I am witing an exam paper, and it would help me so much if anyove could please answer my question asap. Please... I don't understand, why there is so much white space at the buttom of all the pages. I have tried changing the margins, making the foot smaller, but it doesn't help. I use footnotes and have a page number om each page, and the white space is below both of these. It looks kind of stupid... Does anyone know how to avoid it? Thanks in advance! Marie Skaarup, Denmark From your description, I wonder if the selected paper size matches the actual size. &qu...

Help Please! Messages with no To or From and so much info in email can't find message
I have a new computer. I was using the trial version of Outlook 2003 that came with the computer. It has expired and I was trying to use Outlook 2000 that I had installed on my old computer. My incoming mail does not have a To or From showing. When I open the post I can harldly find the message for all the extraneous material (I'm not very computer literate but I suppose this could be the internet header) before and after the message. Thanks, Sherry C ...

Printing is much smaller than I think I've set it up to be
I've setup my pages to be A5 and I'm printing as a booklet. I've taken the text boxes right to the edges of the lined pages on Publisher 2007....but when I print preview or print it comes out much smaller text with massive margins around the text. any ideas what's going wrong? thanks Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice DataContractSerializer Basics http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ad947ce6-cd3e-4647-b69c-94d2f3b1b265/datacontractserializer-ba.aspx Did you install the service pack? Small booklets were fixed in the service pack...

much needed If/or statement help
Hello, I am not an experienced excel user however I need to find a way fo excel to do a function for me and I have had no luck with if/then/o statements. My question is this. I need a function that will if I pick a selection off a drop down lis present me with a value associated with it. For example. I hav different machine sizes 110,245,385,500,720 and 950 they are in a dro down list. I need to associate electric rates to each of them. 110 4.00 245=4.50 385=5.00 500=5.50 720=6.00 and 950 = 6.50. So when I pic the machine size off of my drop down list in say cell c3 I need th electric rat...

deleting files / freeing space
When I delete files by hilighting, pressing delete then emptying the recycle bin ----- no space actually gets cleared up When i delete by holding shift + delete ---- space does free up I'm running: XP Home Version 2002 SP3 I'm not crazy or a newbie but am an MCTS and have never seen this before in all my years ghostsniper007 wrote: > When I delete files by hilighting, pressing delete then emptying the > recycle bin ----- no space actually gets cleared up > > When i delete by holding shift + delete ---- space does free up > > I'm running: XP Ho...

Database white space
Hello all... I'm running Exchange 2003, on Windows server 2003. I recently archived a lot of mail, and moved it off the Exchange server. This left me with about 57GB of white space in the Databases. We are getting very low on space, which is one reason for archiving. I was under the impression that Exchange would use the white space, before allowing the database to grow, but I see that is not happening. Can someone confirm wether or not the white space should be used before allowing the D/B's to grow more? Sounds like this may be a good case for an off-line defrag. Thank you f...

Posting to a public folder with spaces in the file name
System: SBS2k3, Entourage 2008, Outlook 2003 I make very heavy use of public folders, and they are email enabled. There are users and scanners that post to the public folders by just sending an email to the public folders name (i.e. Without the @host.com) However, lots of the public folder file names have spaces in their name. For example, a public folder may be named "Doe, John" and may be several folders deep (i.e. Public Folders/clients (open)/Doe, John) This naming convention freaks out the email clients (Entourage 08, Outlook 03). They refuse to send emails, claimin...

Auto-update Fill Series in column that has randomly spaced blank c
Hi, I have a worksheet of projects listed by quarter. A cell (say A6) contains QTR 1, followed by cells in column A filled with a series (1,2,3...say up to 12). Then comes a blank row followed by a row containing words "QTR 2" and then the fill series continues from where it left under QTR 1 i.e. 13,14,15...say up to 18. And so on for QTR 3 and QTR 4. When a new project is added, I want to be able to add a row and with minimal steps, want the fill series below this added new project, to update. When I delete a row (project), I want the fill series to automatically ...

pivot table space question
I have a pivot table with 3 months of data which takes up about 44M bytes. I want to use this spreadsheet as a template to create a new spreadsheet with a pivot table for the next month's data. When I do this the new ss had roughly the same size as the 3 month ss. Since I only have 8K rows in the new ss versus 24K rows in the old ss, I would have thought the new pivot table would be somewhat smaller as far as bytes. Any ideas? Thanks If you copied the file you might have copied a link to the original pivot table. Try selecting the pt, and choosing Data, Pivot Table and...

evenly spaced markers on log scale
Hi, I have data to plot on a x-log chart. I want to get a line, with markers of different shapes (square, triangle, circle, etc.). However, because de x-axis is on a log scale, the markers are not evenly distributed on the graph - namely because there is one markers per datapoint. I want them to be spaced evenly. I need markers not to identify datapoints, but as label for the different dataset plotted on my chart. Cheers, Charles Please show some sample data - the question is not clear best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from ema...

M2K5 Small Business Invoice Word Wrapping & Spacing Woes
Has anyone figured out a way to make the line-spacing go from "double" to "single" when the description wording wraps to another line? I tend to be overly wordy (have to be in my line of business) when it comes to the "description" and the longer the description, the larger the gap is between line items. In other owrds, if my description is one line, the next line item is on the next line (the way it should be). If my description is 5 lines in length, the product automatically adds another 5 "blank" lines (a gap) before the next line item. Talk about ...

Much text in a cell
I have a column where, when I add more text in the cell than the cell is wide, the text goes to the next line, insted of staying on the same line i the cell. Because of this some of my rows are 2-3 lines thick. How can I get the text to stay on one line ? Can you just make the column wider? Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "SpookiePower" wrote: > I have a column where, when I add more text in the cell than the cell > is wide, the text goes to the next line, insted of staying on the same > line i the cell. Because of this some of my rows are 2-3 lines thick. > How c...

Blank spaces
I am building a company policy manual using the "multilievel list function" about 50% of the time I wind up with huge gaps between paragraphs. I can usually delete the blank space down to 2 or 3 blank lines but then if i try to close it up to make it look right it winds up deleting the paragraph break and removing the formatting on the following paragraph. Many times I will get it close to looking right and then it will open back up (usually jumping to the next page) as soon as I "touch" it with the cursor. Thanks in advance for any help you might be able t...

without space
i have three colum and i want save these in a text file without space between colum. Bijan Do you want any delimiter? comma, tab??? If not do you want them fixed width. That is does each entry in a column have the same number of characters? -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.ukANDTHIS www.nickhodge.co.uk "bijan" <bijan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4CDFC6F8-DE71-4440-AE5A-24F0BA6EDC6C@microsoft.com... >i have three colum and i want save these in a text file without space >between > col...

Expression for Blank Spaces
I have an Excel line graph that I update weekly. Column "A" with the weekly date, and "B" with the data. There are two more columns in the sheet, "C" with an 'if' formule that depends on the data in Col "B" and "D" with a weekly percentage increase of an index. Col "D" is extended out for an extra 100 weeks; the graph and the x axis accomodates that. If I do not extend the Col "C" formula out, line graph for C stops as desired, however, if I expend out the Col "C" formula, the line drops to the x ...