Why is there so much space at the buttom?

I am witing an exam paper, and it would help me so much if anyove could
please answer my question asap. Please...

I don't understand, why there is so much white space at the buttom of all
the pages. I have tried changing the margins, making the foot smaller, but it
doesn't help. I use footnotes and have a page number om each page, and the
white space is below both of these. It looks kind of stupid... Does anyone
know how to avoid it?

Thanks in advance!

Marie Skaarup, Denmark

From your description, I wonder if the selected paper size matches the
actual size.

"Marie Skaarup" <Marie Skaarup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am witing an exam paper, and it would help me so much if anyove could
> please answer my question asap. Please...
>
> I don't understand, why there is so much white space at the buttom of all
> the pages. I have tried changing the margins, making the foot smaller, but
> it
> doesn't help. I use footnotes and have a page number om each page, and the
> white space is below both of these. It looks kind of stupid... Does anyone
> know how to avoid it?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Marie Skaarup, Denmark

0
Suzanne

Running batch files (with spaces) from Excel
I am trying to run a .bat file from Excel. The Shell command works fine as long as there are no spaces in the path. So, for instance, running C:\Apps\BFile.bat works ok. But C:\My Apps\BFile.bat does not. The macro runs without an error, but the .bat file is simply not run. Ideally, I would like to enter the path and file in a cell, and then click a button to run a macro to run the batch file. This means using double quotations i = Shell (""C:\My Apps\BFile.bat"", 1) would not be appropriate, as I am trying to use Bat_File = Range("A2").Value i = Shell (...

Low Disk Space on Exchange Server
Hell I am currently running Exchange Server 5.5 on my NT box. I am constantly running out of disk space and as result losing connectivity to the exchange server from my outlook clients Why am I losing disk space and what can I do to resolve this issue Thanks How are you backing up your database? Have you tried an offline defrag? "Kris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DFD3A577-387B-4AF6-A3E4-79980DDF4055@microsoft.com... > Hello > > I am currently running Exchange Server 5.5 on my NT box. > > I am constantly running out of disk ...

Outlook spaces my signature differently than saved, how do I fix
I keep saving my signature with single spacing. It appears properly in the signature window under tools, options, mail format, but when I open a new email to send, my signature is double spaced. I can manually change this in the new email under format, paragraph, but I can't find a place that is overriding my setting. Use SHIFT+Enter to add a manual line break to your signature rather than just Enter. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Ca...

Outlook 2002, Return Key Double Spaces
I am using Outlook 2002 SP2. Whenever I hit the return key it automaticly double spaces and I want to turn it off. Toddy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using Outlook 2002 SP2. Whenever I hit the return > key it automaticly double spaces and I want to turn it off. Are you composing in HTML format? If so, hold the Shift key when pressing Enter. In HTML, Enter means "new paragraph" while Shift-Enter means "new line". -- Brian Tillman ...

How much time has passed?
Using Excel 2003 I am using the following formula to calculate how much time has passed since a particular event. =DATEDIF(D2,NOW(),"y") This returns the passage of time in full years. I am stumped trying to get the result in years and months such as "3 years 6 months." Can anyone help? Check out http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290190/en-us , particular event being a birthday. John "BK" <nospam@nospam.com> schreef in bericht news:%231vwgIXRIHA.5208@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Using Excel 2003 > > I am using the following formula to calc...

Add space between bars
Hello, I have a graph depicting a number of groups of bars. I can easily create spaces between the groups (options --> gap width), but not between the single bars! Anyone an idea how to do that? Thanks! Cheers, coco ...

Spaces broken in 12.1.7
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel So. Finally upgraded from OfficeX to 2008 and by god if one of the main features of Mac OS that I use all the time, Spaces, isn't completely rooted using Office 2008!! Unusable! Come on MS! You have this big flashy web site that professes your "maciness" and how totally savvy and macced up to the max you are, and then fail to deliver on something as simple and fundamental as bloody spaces!! Its only a word processor and a spreadsheet program for gods sake and it must be the ONLY app I've come across tha...

Space at end of folder name
Using the generic BrowseForFolder function, the returned string value has a square at the end of the path's folder name. I never realized it before, but after single clicking a folder in Windows Explorer there appears to be an extra non printing character. What is the character and how do you remove it from the string. When I place my cursor over the string this is what I see: "C:\Testing[square]" Thank you Billy B <BillyB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Using the generic BrowseForFolder function, the returned string value has a >square at the end of the p...

Style losing "space after"
So, I keep adding a 6pt space after on a style I have in a Word file. When I open the document up, the style no longer has a 6pt space after. ...

Used Space in DB
Is there a way to know how much of the private and public db files are really used and how much would recovered by compacting them using eseutil ? Thanks On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 08:44:23 +0200, "Stefano Colombo" <fakemail_no_spam@iol.it> wrote: >Is there a way to know how much of the private and public db files are >really used and how much would recovered by compacting them using eseutil ? > >Thanks Yes, look for event ID 1221. That will tell you how much space there is in the databases. Unless that number of truly huge and you are experiencing backup window pr...

Grid lines spacing
When printing or typing on a spreadsheet, the gridlines appear to be spaced correctly at the top of the spreadsheet, however, by the end of the sheet, the spacing is off. Any data you input appears not to be in between the gridlines by the end of the sheet. At times the data looks crunched together. Any ideas why this would happen and what needs to be done to fix it. Thanks for any help! -- Deb You could check the printer manufacturer's web site, and download the latest copy of the print driver for your operating system. For example, if for an HP printer, check here: ht...

Space above/below table
I'm working on a template in Word 2004 (to be used on Mac and Windows from 2003 - 2008) and tables are winning right now. When I insert a table, it using the Table Grid table style and has no space above and below. If I edit the table style Table Grid and choose to modify the Table Properties, the first time I edit the style it will apply the settings I enter in Distance from surrounding text or Vertical Position. However, if I apply the style and then edit it again to tweak the distance, it ignores it and doesn't change anything. Even when I save the style with the correct...

Space available: 0.00MB
Hi All I have SQl Server 2000.Log file was out of space(error 9002).I checked settings for log file and it was Autogrowth/10%/unristicted.Drive has 20GB free space.I added space for log file and data. Now , when i am checking Db properties it still shows :Space available: 0.00MB Any ideas Why? Thank You Hi Hayk, When you "added" disk space did you grow the drives that the data and log files were on?... Or did you and additional log and data files?... For the log files make sure you have transaction log backups if the databse recovery model is full or make su...

Is there a way to change line spacing for CEdit
Hi, Is there a way to change line spacing for CEdit? Thanks a lot Rich edit controls support almost all of the operations and notification messages used with multiline edit controls. Thus, applications that already use edit controls can be easily changed to use rich edit controls. Additional messages and notifications enable applications to access the functionality unique to rich edit controls. -------------------- >Reply-To: "David Crow [MCSD]" <david.crow.remoovethis@pbsnow.com> >From: "David Crow [MCSD]" <david.crow.remoovethis@pbsnow.com> >...

CListBox and space
Hello I have created CListBox (dropped list) in my dialog, added some items, but when i click arrow to see all added items i see only two, i have to scroll down to see the rest of them. Can i set CListBox element so that when i click i will see all available items ? Thanx Change its size with mouse. Do you use the combobox? i just thought that you used the ComboBox : P >I have created CListBox (dropped list) in my dialog, added some items, >but when i click arrow to see all added items i see only two, i have to >scroll down to see the rest of them. It sounds like you have ...

Line Spacing
I am a novice in Access. I have a report that has two lines for a description. The report provides an additional line for the second line of the description in the record. Sometimes, however I only need to use one line, and not the second one. How can I get the report to not provide for the second description line if this field is blank? Thank you for your help. Check Access HELP for the CanGrow and CanShrink properties for that second control on your report. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services ...

Blank space
I have big database of customers and have blank space beoire the customer name start. How can i remove it in bunch? Dinesh On Mar 1, 6:08=A0pm, Dinesh <Din...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have big database of customers and have blank space beoire the customer > name start. =A0How can i remove it in bunch? > > Dinesh Save your workbook. Use the function palette to enter the TRIM function in a column to the right of the names. Enter the cell reference of the name. Drag the function down the length of the list of names. Copy all of the resulting ...

edit chart legend spacing
Hi, I am creating an office 2007 pie chart. I have the legend on the right with a list of entries relating to the data in the pie chart. However the legend doesnt show all the entries unless I make the chart a really big size. The Legend looks like this Daily Weekly Monthly So On I have noticed that there is what looks to be double line spacing between each entry in the legend and I want to make the entries closer together so it looks more like this Daily Weely Monthly So On but I can find anywhere that allows you to edit this. i can edit fill, font, shadow, everything except thi...

More Item Line Space in Purchase Order Entry
We need more space in the Item Description Line for Purchase Order Entry, we dont need to customize the item note and include it in the PO document during te printing. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community...

spaces between words can't be removed?
very weird. my daughter was typing a paper. Not sure how she managed it, but words will have extra space and the little green squigly. When I remove one other extra spaces appear before after the edit. It's as if removing one extra space adds other to other parts of the document. I have never seen anything like this, nor can I find a solution. Much appreciated for any advice. The document is in 2007 DOCX format. It started out in Windows, Office 2007. I then moved it to a MAC Office 2008 to see if I could get a handle on it there. Same problem. Sounds like "distributed...

trim leading spaces
Hiya, I have a flat database in excel with the problem that some text fields have leading spaces, which mucks the sort. I don't have the access database. It's not clear to me how trim can help with this problem. from the help page: =TRIM(A2) Removes the trailing space from the string "BD 122 " (BD 112) However, I want the *leading* spaces, not the trailing spaces. I don't want a VB script or macro, but are those the only options? I can group the offending rows, export them to notepad, and re-import. Is there something import can do to simply ignore leading space...

Charting blanks as spaces
I know you can chart blank cells as spaces by clicking it in the options...this is a little different. The cell it is charting as an if function in it to display a blank cell. example: =if(D3="","",D5-D3) So when D3 is blank it should display in cell D6 a blank. But when it charts it, it charts it as a zero. I want it to chart it as a gap. I tried =if(D3="",NA(),D5-D3), This way i get a "#N/A" error in my cell, which i can hide through conditional formating. but when i click display>data labels>values in chart options it displays "#...

Too much RAM?
Ok, I have asked a similar question before. But my system can apparently take 4 1Mb Ram sticks in 4 slots. I know they are suppose to go in pairs. What happens if I put in 2mb pieces? I know that XP 32-bit has a limit of 4Gb. From what I was told, in othe posts it seems, they just don't work if it is too much. It's unrecognized. But I am just making sure. In my motherboard manual it says 2Gb pieces can work. It lists one company that has 2Gb pieces that work. I quickly scanned the list though. On crucial.com, and www.oempcworld.com they say the 4 1Gb sticks. I trust ...

Outlook Free/Busy showing too much info
This goes back to the topic of opening the planner when scheduling a meeting and seeing the details of another user's non-private sppointments. I know from the last time this topic aired that the user can control how much they see, but is there a way with permissions or group memberships whether a user sees another users free/busy details or just the blocks? When I open planner from my account, I can see the datails of other people. When I go in as Joe Ordinary User I see the blocks but not the details. Thanks Steve this is done through the rights on the Calendar folder (right-click...

Unnecessary Space
Dear expert, I have a a list of "if" criteria in row 1. If it is matched, it would show up the names in row 2. Then in A3 I use =A2&" "&B2&" "&C2&" "&D2&" "&E2&" "&F2&" "&G2&" "&H2&" "&I2&" "&J2&" "&K2 to show a summary. (Real one is more lengthy and much longer) The outcome is a bit ugly which may have a lot of space in between. Some are separated by '5 Spacebar" and some are separated ...