Why does an inserted and locked photo move to a 2nd page?

I have a photo inserted at the top of a page and set to "lock anchor" and
"behind text". When the document becomes long enough to warrant a second page
the photo jumps to the top of the second page instead of staying in place at
the top of the first page. Why is this happening? Is there something else I
need to do to insure it stays at the top of the first page?

Thanks for any input! I'm baffled!

In Need of Help wrote:
> I have a photo inserted at the top of a page and set to "lock anchor"
> and "behind text". When the document becomes long enough to warrant a
> second page the photo jumps to the top of the second page instead of
> staying in place at the top of the first page. Why is this happening?
> Is there something else I need to do to insure it stays at the top of
> the first page?
>
> Thanks for any input! I'm baffled!

Every floating image or text box is "anchored" to a specific paragraph in
the main text layer, as explained in
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm. It's a limitation of
Word that the image and its anchor paragraph *must always* be on the same
page. Your photo is at the top of the page, but its anchor paragraph is
wherever the cursor was when you inserted the picture -- probably the last
paragraph of the original page. When that paragraph is forced to the next
page, the picture goes with it.

If you go into the Options dialog and turn on the display of object anchors,
and then click on the picture to select it, you'll see an anchor symbol in
the left margin next to its anchor paragraph.

The only effect of the poorly named "lock anchor" setting is to prevent
accidental dragging of the anchor symbol from one paragraph to another. If
you turn off that setting, you can drag the anchor to the first paragraph of
the document; then lock the anchor again. That will minimize the chance that
the picture will go to the second page -- you'd have to insert a whole page
worth of text before the original first paragraph.

The better choice is to go into the Page Setup dialog and turn on the
first-page header; then delete the picture from its current place, move the
cursor into the first-page header, and paste. Position the picture as you
want it, and then close the header pane.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

0
Jay

inserting datestamps
I have a cell that changes from "In Process" to "Completed" once a series of tasks have been completed in the worksheet. Once that cell changes to "Completed", I need another cell to generate a date stamp, and then never change thereafter. Been trying circular references using the following formula =IF(C34="Completed",IF(I34=0,TODAY(),I34),"0"), however I continually get either 1/1/1900 or nothing at all as the result. Open to any ideas. Thanks. http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html -- Kind regards, Niek Otte...

How do I move .pst file?
My .pst file is very large, and I want to move it to another drive. It is at C:\Documents and Settings\My Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst [not wrapped of course]. I could move it "manually" but I don't want to confuse Outlook, and I can't find any way to tell Outlook the new location. Microsoft Outlook 2000 SR-1 Internet-only profile. Windows 2000 Version 5.0 build 2195 Service Pack 4. Thanks! On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:32:42 -0800, "Robert Cheshire" <abuse@spamme.not> wrote: >My .pst file is very large, and I want ...

Automatically insert date and time in a side note
I know I can insert the current date and time in a note or side not by using sft+alt+f but would like to automate this so that the current date and time are automatically inserted into a side note when I create one by pressing the windows key + n. ...

Email flashes rapidly and pc locks up
MS Office Professional, Outlook 2002 SP3 - Occasionally when I try to forward or copy a received email, the body of the email flashes continuously and the pc locks up. I must use task manager to end the process. Why does this happen/how to fix? ...

when a great lot items insert into listctrl,how to avoid freeze problem?
For example,I insert 5000 items into listctrl,it can not display the result and freeze a while. How do I proceed the display and which notify message should be proposed? Thanks in advance! Well, you haven't really defined what you mean by "freeze". For example, if you have a loop that adds 5000 items, all at once, there is an excellent chance that because you are not getting back to the main message pump in your main GUI thread that you simply aren't going to see the data until all 5000 have been added. If it takes a while to add 5000 items, then you will see your whole a...

Moving elements in smaller increments
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel This may be a stupid question, but how can I move elements in smaller increments? As it is now, when I use the arrows to move an inserted object, it will snap past the position I would like it to be in. With text boxes I notice that I can hold down the option key and that will give me smaller steps in which to move the box, but this does not work with inserted elements. What am I missing here? ...

Formatting tabs for pages and subpages
Is there a way to format the appearance of the tabs for pages and subpages? I'd like to use specific colors for different pages and groups. Also, is there a way to increase the size of the tabs either horizontally or vertically to accommodate a longer, more descriptive label. On 19/02/2010 2:29 AM, hmbsport wrote: > Is there a way to format the appearance of the tabs for pages and subpages? > I'd like to use specific colors for different pages and groups. Unfortunately, no. Also, is > there a way to increase the size of the tabs either horizontally or > ...

Random Locked cells
I am having a problem with a spreadsheet that has random cells locked. The only way to unlock them is to copy and paste a blank cell that isn't locked into the cell that is locked, but this doesn't always work either Has anyone had this type of problem? Any ideas Thanks Leonar lmack@usccs.co Hi Leonard Maybe I don't understand you correct but if you select a cell or cells and right click on it and choose Format Cells you can change the locked on the Protection Tab -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Leonard Mack" <lmac...

Linking Charts to publisher file saved as web page
Good Day I hope someone can help me with this question - I am using publisher 2007 to create a newsletter ( Saved as web page ) on our local intarnet. I am now trying to add / link charts and excel tables to the newsletter. I am only able to paste as picture and have them dynamically update with daily sales for example. Can anyone help me with this . . . I am trying to find a way to insert excel charts and tables into my publisher 2007 webpage and have them automatically update when the excel files update - I do not want to copy and paste and re-publish everyday ...

Generating a table of figures and table of tables using 'insert caption'

Word Printing and Rotation of Landscaped Pages
When printing a document with mostly portrait pages but some landscapes, the landscape page is rotated for printing and is rotated so that the page top is on the right hand side of a traditional portrait page. I want it to rotate 180 degrees from that so that the bottom of the landscape page is on the right hand edge of the portrait page. Cannot seem to find a place to do that. Help !!! I don't think Excel can do that. Mike wrote: > When printing a document with mostly portrait pages but some landscapes, the > landscape page is rotated for printing and is rotated ...

If Insert Fails, then Update
Hi Everyone, I have a table that I want to INSERT the entries into another table, easy enough with an Append Query, but if the insert fails, due to duplicate keys, I just want to update a few fields. Any ideas? Thanks in Advance for your kind consideration Pat. Pat Backowski wrote: >I have a table that I want to INSERT the entries into another table, easy >enough with an Append Query, but if the insert fails, due to duplicate keys, >I just want to update a few fields. Sounds like a two step process. First, update the existing records: UPDATE tbl2 SET tbl2.fa = tbl1.fa ...

Can't customize the Outlook Today Page
I ma having trouble customizing the "OutLook Today" page in outlook 2000. Everytime I click on the Costomize Outlook Today, nothing happens, I can drag it to the desktop, it will open then, but it won't save any of the settings. I have removed and loaded outlook and still nothing. I have tried running the repair option on office and that doesn't work either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is happening under both XP and Win98 SE. I believe all update have been added. -- Regards, Bob Frost Canterbury House Bed and Breakfast 802.457.3077 Bob <bo...

Printing just one page?
I would like to print just one page in my publication, at times. When I hit file, print, I do not have a print option. Print merge, print preview are all that is available. Can anyone help? Please?? What version Publisher? When you are ready to print one page, there should be check off for "current page". Are you expanding the File menu? Right-click any toolbar (Publisher 2002), customize, toolbars tab, check *Always show full menus." What happens if you ctrl+p or click the print icon on the toolbar? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msau...

Moving Mailboxes with MoveMailboxADSI_CDOEXM.vbs
All, I am in the process of developing a mailbox move procedure for a client utilizing the MoveMailboxADSI_CDOEXM.vbs script which comes with teh E2K3 SDK. I have been successful in using the script to migrate mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 servers to Exchange 2003 servers that are in the same site. However, the script does not seem to work when doing a cross-site migration eventhough I am running Exchange 2003 SP1 on my Exchange 2003 boxes. The cross-site migrations are successful using the GUI Wizard but not with the script. Has anyone else out there run into this situation? Are cro...

Visio Org Chart being moved over as an object in powerpoint
I have an org that has dotted lines drawn around groups of boxes with arrows on each end and when I move or should I say copy to powerpoint one set of dotted lines become solid and I have no idea why? Can someone tell me. I suspect it's the fact that you may have copied it as an emf/wmf. Visio tries to ease the pain (since dotted lines make very large files) and converted them to straight. al "Angie" <Angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D15E003-C042-478D-8113-2453AD2855D7@microsoft.com... >I have an org that has dotted lines drawn around g...

Warning while inserting lines in Excel 2000
I have a worksheet with about 4000 lines of data. I am trying to insert lines into the worksheet but I get the following warning and I can't insert the line: "To prevent possible loss of data Microsoft Excel can not shift nonblank cells off the worksheet." I have recently inserted a pivot table as a separate worksheet and I did not have this problem before then, but I don't know if this is just a coincidence. Try to reset the used range. Excel thinks that you have data in the last rows/columns http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards, Peo Sjo...

How to print header all page
I create assetNo header (difference number of record for each assetNo) in my report and set keep together for each assetNo. If data in any assetNo more than one page, My report does not print assetNo header on next page. Where am I wrong. Nova wrote: >I create assetNo header (difference number of record for each assetNo) in my >report and set keep together for each assetNo. >If data in any assetNo more than one page, My report does not print assetNo >header on next page. To get a group header to appear on each page in addition to the start of the group, you need to set t...

Elements in Chart Object move around between saves
I have a line chart embedded in a worksheet. This chart has a title and legend at top and 9 text boxes that display data from cells using a formula entered in the formula bar. I carefully arrange all of these items in the chart object and then save and close the file. When I re-open the file, one or more of these objects is no longer in the location where I placed them during my previous session - they've moved around inside the chart object. Has anyone seen this problem before? Is there a way to keep this from happening? ...

In Excel, how can I print a long list on 1 page in multiple colum.
I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? Thanks Check out this David McRitchie link for the columns question: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm "Chuck" wrote: > I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print > the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on > multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? > > Thanks ...

numbering pages in footer
In the old excel, 1997, we could start a new page with a different page number rather than 1. I have many pages in one worksheet and many worksheets. I want the numbering footer to continue with each worksheet I prepare, and print them out at different times. I will finish one worksheet and print, and use this while working on a new worksheet, but want the next page to start where the last worksheet ended. I know you can do this by added all the worksheets together on a single worksheet and group them, however I work them at different times. On the 1997 version, you would simple ...

Page Numbering (Starting Number Other Than 1)
I am at a loss as to how to start page numbering with number other than 1. I am using Office Pro 2003 with Publisher 2002. When I go to Tools/Options, I do not find the familiar menu "Start Numbering With . . " menu. What to do?? Regards, Bill Go to Page 1, Insert|Section -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher "Bill" <russeng@kiowaonline.net> wrote in message news:09b701c4257b$9d972530$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am at a loss as to how to start page numbering with > number other than 1. I am using Office Pro 2003 with > Publisher 2002. > When I ...

Insert Text From Different Cell
I would like to enter a company name, such as "ABC Co" in a cell o sheet1 and then on sheet2 have a cell with text "Proposal for ABC Co". I would also like to be wildly rich. Can anyone help with either o those -- Jorad ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Joradi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2686 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40105 Lets say you manually enter in Sheet1, cell A1 ABC Co In sheet2, cell A1, enter ="Proposal for " & Sheet1...

cannot open inserted objected in worksheet
I have a worksheet with an inserted objected. When I double-click to open I get "cannot start source application". I had a look at the Microsoft KB. I am using Excel 2000 (Office 2000) on a W2k PC. Thanks, Camroc. Hi what kind of object is this (do you have the master application which created this object?) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Camroc" <hannonc@eircom.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eytPNjG5EHA.924@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I have a worksheet with an inserted objected. > > When I double-click to open I get "cannot start ...

odd and even page headers, and section breaks
Hi, I have a document with 3 sections at the moment. The first section just contains the title page, the last section just contains the last page. The body of the document is contained in section 2. The setting for "Same as previous" has been turned off in all the headers and footers. I need to introduce odd and even pages in the body of the document, specifically at page 6, so i can have different headers and footers in that part of the document. I need page 6 to be an odd page. I've tried a number of ways and none of them have worked. I've tried clicking...