Using Different Headers in a Section.

Hi,
I am preparing a word doc that consists of three sections. I have assigned
different numbering styles to each separate section. I want to place headers
in section 2 and the headers will be different for each page of the section.
Is there anyway of doing this without having to make a section for each page??

I have used webcasts on Youtube to get me to this point but cannot get any
further. Can you  help me?

Thank you in advance,

Bill

The answer depends on how you want the header on each page to differ
from the others in the section.

If the header needs to repeat some piece of text that occurs on that
page, use a StyleRef field in the header to repeat whatever text is
formatted in a particular style. Look up StyleRef Field in the help
file.

If the varying text in the header is a number or date that can be
calculated from the page number, you can use a Formula field that uses
a Page field as part of the formula.

That's about the extent of your options. Anything else is going to
require a section break for each page.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 16:04:17 -0700, Bill
<Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>I am preparing a word doc that consists of three sections. I have assigned
>different numbering styles to each separate section. I want to place headers
>in section 2 and the headers will be different for each page of the section.
>Is there anyway of doing this without having to make a section for each page??
>
>I have used webcasts on Youtube to get me to this point but cannot get any
>further. Can you  help me?
>
>Thank you in advance,
>
>Bill
0
Jay

Opening File using default viewer
Hello, how would I go about opening a file using the default viewer, so for example, if the file is a txt file, then notepad would open it. Or if it is an XML file, then maybe firefox woulld open it. I was hoping to use a CButton and if the user clicks on it, then it would grab the path specified and open the file with the corresponding viewer. thanks. Jon wrote: > Hello, how would I go about opening a file using the default viewer, so > for example, if the file is a txt file, then notepad would open it. Or > if it is an XML file, then maybe firefox woulld open it. > > ...

Use of Pop3 accounts for external email
We've been using a pop3/smtp account to recieve our external email. I've heard that using those is a bad idea for a buisness. I don't understand it that much and wondering what are the issues with pop3 and what is an alternative to recieve external mail if not using a pop3 account. We have Exchange 2003. The issue is the company can't archive all user's mail. You know, company's email is representing the company, so the company should keep it as archives. With POP3 email will be moved from server to the client. Instead, you can use IMAP, Exchange Server, or ...

Trouble with hyhens within text when using LOOKUP
I have two columns, each containing a list of part numbers. Some of the part numbers contain hyphens. I am using LOOKUP and/or VLOOKUP to determine if the value in one column exists in the other. This works great on non-hyphenated part numbers. However, it will not find or return the hyphenated part numbers from the specified arrays. As a test, I did a quick if statement to compare the instances of identical hyphenated values that exist in both columns. Those statements did not have a problem with the hyphens. Can anyone offer any help? If hyphens cannot be used in conjunction with the ...

When hitting reply to a message, no "Bcc:" header field appears

Using formulas to filter
Is there a way to filter a list by formulas the same way the Data->Filter option works? I'd like to take the matrix: Col A Col B Col C Col D Col E ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== Smith 30 $104.2 Yes 52 Jones 31 $155.3 No 51 Jones 31 $422.2 Yes 49 Freer 31 $424.3 Yes 42 Waylan 30 $322.5 No 50 Smith 31 $288.3 Yes 49 etc. And, using a formula, filter on Col B = 31 to produce: Col AA Col AB ...

RE: Use that security update
--dedtgpho Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yzkfzsfqtv"; type="multipart/alternative" --yzkfzsfqtv Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="qeviqcxczwaquy" --qeviqcxczwaquy Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to hel...

Name Range with using Data Form
I first created a variable with A1:D1, four columns with named variable Data. How to expand this Data range to A1:D2 after using the DataForm to add one row data in the worksheet?? The same, the Data range should be A1:D3 when adding one more data row... million thanks Hi use the following formula in the name definition dialog =OFFSET($A$1:$D$1,0,0,COUNTA($A:$A)) >-----Original Message----- >I first created a variable with A1:D1, four columns with named variable >Data. How to expand this Data range to A1:D2 after using the DataForm to add >one row data in the worksheet?? The...

Has anyone used the Remove MO Utility?
I have a closed Quick MO that did not process properly somehow. The MO is flagged as closed, but sime items were not issued and are stuck in WIP. I ran the Tools > Utilities > Manufacturing > Remove MO process in a test database. It removed the MO and the items re no longer hung up in WIP. Has anyone else ever executed this process? Are there any gotcha's I need to be aware of? Many Thanks. Jim Hi Jim, I too have used this in a development/test environment and have not encountered any problems. -Mike -- Micheal LoPatriello Coordinator, Luna Development mlopat@lu...

How to use CxImage?
Hi I want to display a jpeg picture by using CxImage but I am new to visual c++ so I couldn't understand how to use this class in my project.Is there someone who have used this class and can you help me about using it? Thanks On Jul 3, 7:12 am, ibrahim <ibra...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > I want to display a jpeg picture by using CxImage but I am new to visual c++ > so I couldn't understand how to use this class in my project.Is there someone > who have used this class and can you help me about using it? > Thanks Its all here: http://www.codeproj...

Cannot view itme in Public Folder between 2 different exchange 2003
I have 2 Exchange 2003 on WIN2k server. Exchange 2003 (A) has 300 mailboxes and store the public folder. Exchange 2003 (B) has 100 mailboxes. User at Exchange 2003 (B) found that they can view the public folder but no items in it. User at Exchange 2003 (A) do not have this problem. Is the public folder must replicate to other server? Is any suggestion to view the item if no replication on public folder ?? Thanks Dennis JoJo These 2 servers in the same routing group. Exchange 2003 (A) is the Master Exchange 2003 (B) is the Member "omer maydan" <omermaydan@yahoo.com> wr...

How to use MSExcel to plot Column A against Col B?
I want to plot col A (x axis) against col B ( y axis). I cant seem to do it. Can anyone here please give me step by step primer. Thanks in advance. All I get is the graph of (1,2,............n) (x axis) against the n values of either col A or B. i.e 2 graphs instead of one. (In the old Lotus this was so simple: select the column for the X axis and then select the col for the Y and press enter, and you'd get the chart) Why is it so diff in Excel? Select the entire range you want to graph such as a2:b44>insert>chart>>>> -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@au...

Using Outlook to access and compile information in calendar
I want to create an application that will compile schedule information from Excel worksheets or an Access database and display them in a calendar type format. I know this type of application can be built using PivotTables in Excel, or forms in Access, but I was wondering if I could use the calendar in Outlook to display the information rather than creating PivotTables or custom forms which would wind up looking something like a calendar anyway. Before I start the job I'd like to know if I can work Outlook into the equation or if I really have to build it from scratch. Thanks, JEM ...

Using cell text in a formula
I am trying to use derived cell references in a VLOOKUP formula to matc data in several tables. For example, A1 contains the cell reference fo the top left of my array (A3) whilst cell A2 contains the cel reference for the bottom right of my array (D14). The array I' checking against starts in column E3. However, when I use the formula =VLOOKUP(E3,A1:A2,4,FALSE) I get a #N/ error. I need to use the cell references in each VLOOKUP as the arra sizes may vary in each case. (PS, I've used =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(A1,A2) to derive the cell references. Ji -- Message posted from http://www.Excel...

Is it possible to add a "View" button under the purchase order section?
Would be nice to have the abilty to allow someone to be able to view the purchase order as opposed to the given "new, delete, edit, or receive" buttons. This way someone who needed the information and did not have the appropriate security would not be able to delete or change the PO. I tried to CTL S the new, delete, edit and receive buttons, but that basically locks them out completely. Is this something that may be possible? You can make excel pivot table so any employee can view that worksheet from their terminal. This way you can define the fields you want to show as well ...

Using two conditions in a formula
How do I write the following formula: I am in cell I6 If g6 AND h6 is blank, then blank, else I5 minus g6 plus h -- Richard Pit ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Richard Pitt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1533 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27042 Richard, In cell I6, enter the formula: =IF(AND(G6="",H6=""),"",I5-G6-H6) Though you don't check for case when G6 is blank and H6 isn't, etc. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Richard ...

Using CMFCToolBar and CMFCMenuBar?
After initial frustrations indicated by recent messages, I am now getting on with these classes relatively cordially. The user of my program can add or remove buttons to/from the CMFCToolBar(s), and menu items to/from the CMFCMenuBar - all beautifully customisable. The program knows about the available commands and they can be added to any toolbar or menu. And new custom tool bars can be added by the user. It's all fiendishly clever. However: my questions (today) are as follows: 1. The MFC Customise dialogue, from which one can drag commands to toolbars and menus,...

Multiple indexes on same fields in different order
I sometimes need to find the largest or smallest value in a field. If I put two indexes on the same field, one in ascending order and one in descending order, is Jet smart enough to use the proper index if a give it a grouping query with the condition Max or Min, or am I just wasting resources? Pete -- This e-mail address is fake, to keep spammers and their address harvesters out of my hair. If you want to get in touch personally, I am 'pdanes' and I use yahoo mail. But please use the newsgroup when possible, so that all may benefit from the exchange of ideas. ...

Recipient appears twice in the message header
Hi, I have a user with Outlook 2000 set up as IMAP. She received a few e-mails yesterday where she appears in the recepient(TO) field 2 or 3 times, but the sender has only put her address once. I have checked the header in the raw MSG file and her address only appears once. What could cause this? How do I fix this? Please advise. The user is driving me nuts with this. Thanks, Ed ...

Windows and Mac have two distinctly different units for column width.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to format columns for some data I am entering in a spreadsheet and when I enter &quot;15.00&quot;, which is the required width for these columns given by my professor, I end up with a column 15 inches wide. What I would prefer is for the options to be like the default options in Windows version of Excel. In Windows version of Excel, when you hover over the lines between the columns it gives you two numbers (e.g. 8.43 (64 pixels)). These are the default numbers for column width in Windows Excel....

Custom header numbering
Hi all, I have a question about formatting Header numbering throughout a new document (Word 2007). I'm trying to do the following: Heading 1 1.0 Heading 2 1.1 Heading 2 1.1.0 Heading 3 1.1.1 Heading 3 Heading 1 2.0 Heading 2 2.1 Heading 2 2.1.0 Heading 3 ... So it's an outline numbered / multilevel list, where Heading 1 has no numbering, and Heading 2 restarts numbering after a Heading 1 is used. I haven't been able to figure this one out for myselve. Can anyone help me on this one? Regards, Bert -- Neron Follow the instructions at ...

recently opened files in the Open section of the Task Pane
Hi, In Excel2003, how can I remove the list of recently opened files in the Open section of the Task Pane? -- Thanks, Jeffrey On Feb 28, 12:42 am, "Jeff Hopkins" <atomic58"NOSPAM"@sc.rr.com> wrote: > Hi, > > In Excel2003, how can I remove the list of recently opened files in the Open > section of the Task Pane? > This is a same list as Recently used files list under File menu. Go to Tools -> Options, and under General tab remove checkmark at Recently used file list. You must restat excel after this to change take effect. -- Regard...

Using Outlook over a Network
Hi, I would like to know what software I need to allow multiple users to access one MS Outlook Calendar. The computers currently have Outlook 2000 and I would like the users to be able to edit one central calendar simultaneously, directly in the calendar (ie. not requiring users to send emails etc.) What sofware beyond Outlook 2000 do I need and is there any info on how this is done? Thanks Adrian Check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Plea...

buy from this E-hermesol company is fast only used my 5days
I would like to introduce you a very good company which I knew. Their company homepage is www.ehermesol.com. They can offer you all kinds of electronical products which you need, such as motorcycles, laptops, mobile phones, digial cameras, TV LCD ,x box, ps3, gps, MP3/4, etc. Please take some time to have a look at it, there must be something you 'd like to purchase. Their contact email: ehermesol@188.com MSN: ehermesol@hotmail.com Hope you have a good mood in shopping from their company! Regards ...

Two different cells
I have a file with more the 1000 names and addresses. My proble is that the firat and last names are in 2 differents cells. I i would like to put it in teh same cell. Is there anyway I csn do that? Please help too many names to re-type Carlos Assuming that Column A contains the first name and Column B the last name... =A1&" "&B1 OR =B1&", "&A1 ....depending on your preference. Hope this helps! In article <520FA0CA-1940-42E5-B84D-22BA15D59638@microsoft.com>, "Hombreck" <Hombreck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a...