TOC hyperlink styles

I have to create a Word template which contains a table of contents on a
purple background and body content on a white background.

The table of contents is a list of anchor links and there are links within
the body copy. How can I make the two types of links different colours?
Ideally I want the links in the body copy to use Word's in-built 'hyperlink'
style (which I've customised) and the TOC links to use a custom style (white
text for the purple background).

I've tried every trick I know of and Google has been of no assistance. Help
me please.

Hyperlinks in a TOC are not formatted with the Hyperlink (or any other)
character style; the Hyperlink style is suppressed as long as the links are
active (but, ironically, will show up if you unlink the TOC), and any
character style you apply will be removed when the TOC is updated. But you
can define the TOC styles as having purple shading (or put a purple
AutoShape Behind Text on the TOC pages) and format the font of the styles as
white (if you use Automatic and the shading is dark enough, the text will
reverse to white automatically).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"jameshiggott" <jameshiggott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have to create a Word template which contains a table of contents on a
> purple background and body content on a white background.
>
> The table of contents is a list of anchor links and there are links within
> the body copy. How can I make the two types of links different colours?
> Ideally I want the links in the body copy to use Word's in-built
> 'hyperlink'
> style (which I've customised) and the TOC links to use a custom style
> (white
> text for the purple background).
>
> I've tried every trick I know of and Google has been of no assistance.
> Help
> me please.

0
Suzanne

Hyperlinks #2
Is there any way to edit the hyper links list in Publisher 2000. I've got a few wrong links in the favorites list I want to remove. Can't seem to find the list anywhere on the computer. TIA Chris Taylor ...

Password
If I have two cells on a sort of Homepage in Excel, how can I have a User enter their name and a password, and get Excel to validate it and take them to a new worksheet or workbook? A B 1 USER: [ Enter your name] Password: [Enter your password] Jonah ...

Can I apply a style to only *part* of a paragraph?
I'm trying to organize my styles. I want to have a Normal and a Normal.Bolded style. However, if I apply Normal.Bolded to just part of a paragraph, it gets applied to the WHOLE paragraph. Any way to apply it to only part of the paragraph? ...

Styles not applying correctly 05-14-10
I have Office 2007 and I am using 11 Styles sets in Word. All of the sets have the same style (Numbers) for formatting numbers. In 9 of the sets applying Numbers applies the formatting I use for numbers. In 2 of the sets applying the Numbers style does nothing. The Styles section of the ribbon shows that the style has been applied but no changes are actually made to the formatting. All sets are set up with Numbers as Linked, Style based on no style, and the Style name and style for following paragraph are both set to Numbers. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and h...

Simple scatter style chart help
Hi, this may get the stupid post of the day award! But I hope someone can point me in the right direction, I am trying to create a simple chart. That will read from just two sets of data. for example: X Y A 210 5 B 350 7 C 422 10 D 100 3 E 127 6 F 499 1 So using the above data, I would like to create a chart that will place a single marker for where each of the points meet for A B C etc. When I try using scatter charts I get two points for each line (ie A, B etc) Thank for any help or direction regards Andy Hi, Create your xy-scatter chart using the chart wizard but only sele...

Hyperlink #5
When clicking on a hyperlink in email body text in OL2000 SP2, how can I make it open a new browser window instead of loading the page into an already open browser window? In Explorer this can be done by holding CTRL whilst clicking the link. This doesn't work in OL. Anyone? Duval Hi Claude, please read this http://home.arcor.de/andreas.roeder-privat/English%20Help.htm#14 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch Bravestar2004@Arcor.de Join me in my Forum @ http://mitglied.lycos.de/bravestar2004 "Claude Duval" <claude@grabklon.ndo.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitra...

hyperlinks and codes showing
all of a sudden every doc I open from whatever source is showing all hyperlinks, e.g. {HYPERLINK "yvonnenolan@hotmail.co.uk"} also page numbers at bottom of docs just showing as a merge code rather than the number of the page? Don’t know if it is because of one of the recent updates but it’s driving me mad and all my long reports etc are now a nightmare! (I can right click and remove the hyperlink but this isn’t feasible for long docs with loads in, also haven’t found an easy way to sort out the page number issue either). thanks Yvonne On 07/19/10 6:00 AM, Yvo...

Turn off all Hyperlinks
How do I turn off the feature in Excel that automatically makes my text hyperlinks? I'm trying to keep a list of email addresses in ecxel, but it always turns them to a hyperlink. I can manually remove the hyperlink, but if I do anything with that cell later, it automatically turns it back into a hyperling again. You can precede the email addresses with an apostrophe when you enter them.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Curtis W." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A16EAF25-8AA6-4379-8BC6-0E5B397CEC11@microsoft.com... > How do I turn off the fe...

How to make a header a hyperlink
Is it possible to format a custom header as a hyperlink (i.e. to link back to a table of contents from any page)? In a cell type Back to TOC Right click on that cell and go to Hyperlink On the left hand side click on Place In This Document Hit the + beside Cell Reference Pick the sheet your TOC is on This is assuming that your Table of Contents is on a different sheet i the same workbook. Post if otherwise -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Outloo Styles
Hi there, Has anybody come across the problem whereby Outlook displays a red cross in place of where the different Outlook styles should be? Thank you & Regards Frank P. (Australia ...

hyperlinks #9
Hi, I have a problem with hyperlinking. I'm trying to see if it's possible to have within a single cell non-hyperlinked text as well as hyperlinked text, ie: click here: www.webaddress.com all in one cell. Does anyone know whether it's possible at all? the best I have thus far is a small routine that extracts urls and email address from a cell and puts them in a seperate row. Any help would be muchly appreciated! Si ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelF...

2003 Style Sheets in 2007?
I received a new computer from work, which has Office 2K7 on it. I copied Normal.dot off my backup disc onto this machine, and renamed Normal.dotm to Normal.dotmold. My Macros and keyboard shortcuts came over fine. My "Normal" style is fine. But I had a whole whole bunch of other styles, along with keyboard shortcuts for those styles, that seem to have disappeared! I thought I'd try the Organizer and move the styles over from old documents, but that did not work either. I have been fine-tuning Normal.dot since I gave up MacWrite in 1994... But this, this, t...

Excel drawings with Hyperlink
Hello: I would like to create a hyperlink when a particular serial number is selected in a cell. Is there a way to create small drawings in excel and have those drawings pop up (or via hyperlink) when a given serial number is selected from a cell? I have created drawings in Paint and saved them as JPEG images, but when I select a serial number the Paint editor pops up at full screen with a tiny image. Regards, D.Parker What I have done in the past was insert drawings on the worksheet, hide them, then associate VBA code to unhide the desired drawing (picture) and hide all others. ...

Drop down list includes hyperlink
I have properly built a drop down list that features two choices. These referenced choices have hyperlinks however the hyperlinks don't work when selecting from the drop down??? Is there a way to make the drop downs choices be hyperlinked? if not Is there a way to make sure the user's entry has the hyperlink active? (In otherwords hyper link the cell or series of cells rather than the entry?) Thanks for any help... Mark I don't think you can. And the answer is gonna depend on how you built those dropdowns. Did you use Data|Validation did you use a dropdown from the Fo...

Publisher og hyperlinks
I et publisher-dokument, der skal eksporteres til webside, har jeg flere hyperlinks, både til andre sider i samme dokument og til andre websider. Links til andre sider i dokumentet virker ikke altid. Jeg har to links fra samme side, har gjort det på samme måde: det ene virker, det andet gør ikke. Hvad kan der være sket. Jeg brugte tidligere publisher 2000 men har lige konverteret til publisher xp. Det har givet mange problemer. Specielt med hyperlinks. Publisher og weben http://office.microsoft.com/nb-no/assistance/CH062559071044.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP ht...

Hyperlink description field
Visio Professional 2002. I have a Conceptual Web Site diagram on which I use Web Site Map Shapes. Sometimes, when I need to change the hyperlink address, the text that the shape displays doesn't change. In Configure Hyperlinks, the Address and the Description fields show the new address, but the shape continues to display the old. Any idea? ...

Hyperlink editing
I am using Publisher 2003. I have many URL or hyperlinks in a 30 page newsletter and I was asked to remove the underline and blue color in the document. I am printing it as an electronic document as a PDF for distribution. When I remove the hyperlink it does change the color to black and the underline disappears. Is it possible to change the appearance of the hyperlink yet still have the hyperlinks enabled? ************************************************* Mark M Simonian MD FAAP Medical Director, ChildNet Medical Assoc. 681 Medical Center Drive West #106 Clovis, CA 93611 (559) 325-6850...

Hyperlinks and Auto Text
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) When inserting a hyperlink, the program replaces the highlighted text with {HYPERLINK <a href="http://">http://</a> etc.}. Remove the hyperlink and the text reappears. Also instead of displaying page numbers I just get {PAGE}. The correct page number prints as does the hyperlinked text. You've simply toggled display of the field codes. Press Option+F9 to toggle the codes off & display the results of the fields. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 3/29/10 11:21 AM, in article 59bb6259....

Border style of panel.
Hello. I want to change the behavior of the border of panel. There is only three choices : none, fixedSingle, and Fixed3D I want to change the border style to inset, outset, etc. and also the border width. Is there any component that control only the border style, width etc. ? Thanks :) ...

Hyperlink not opening
I have created hyperlinks in excel which link to a Acrobat reader scanned document. However, when I press on the hyperlink in excel, the acrobat reader document is opening in the background. I am unable to see the linked acrobat file. When I see this link from a colleague'sa computer on my office, network, the link is opening up and I am able to view the acrobat scanned document. I believe that I may need to change some settings in excel. Please can you help? ...

All bullet styles have disappeared and been replaced by TOC2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel A month or so ago, I wanted the TOC2 style in a particular document to display bullets at the beginning. It didn't really work, so I abandoned it. <br><br>However, since then whenever I click on the bullet icon to begin a bulleted list, the style changes to TOC2. The distance between the bullet and the text is huge and I can't change it. And there is no bullet for the following line - the style reverts to normal. <br><br>This means that I'm unable to use bulleted lists in my ...

New Problem with Outlook Express hyperlinks
For the past two weeks or so I have been unable to click on a hyperlink in an email and get anything other than a new blank page. This is probably a result of some of the updates...and I keep on top of them. I have looked everywhere I might expect to find a reference to hyperlinks in emails...including Norton Internet Security, but I can't find something that will make it work like it used to. It is a pain. Hyperlinks Do Not Work in Outlook Express or in Word http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823301 A good website for information on OE is: http://www.tomsterdam.c...

hyperlink in publisher
nHaving issue with changing a URL address to a word once I have created a hyperlink. Example: www.HomesofJupiter.com (change to) Read More and hyperlink the read more to the webpage. Publisher is not permitting to do so. -- Barbara R. Griffin I'm assuming you want a link in a Word doc file; this will work In Word have a statement something like To get more information on Homes of Jupiter click here. Gather with the mouse the word here and then select Insert Hyperlink In the box type http://www.homesofjupiter.com/ OK And that should do it. -- Don Vancouver, USA &qu...

Style sheet gives me an error
The data comes out Ok in columns but at bottom of page I get the following message The following tags were not closed: CONAME,CONAME. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/ProjetsVbNet/RMT/Sg... The code below follows step by step a sample supplied by MS. Can anyone tell me what to do not to get this err message. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Bob <?xml version="1.0" ?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" > <xsl:template match="/"> <HTML> <BODY> &l...

Decision Tree style logic in Excel
Hello, Anyone can give me some advice on a decision tree style presentation in XL? I want to do a survey which is to guide the user to a proper result. Since I have already had all the tree structure, the only thing I have to do is input the tree structure, and let the program keep asking user, and then guide them to the leaves of the tree... Many thanks. Leon Sounds like a job for Hyperlinks...........Enter text, then do Insert > Hyperlink > and follow the menu.... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "shineofleo" wrote: > Hello, > > Anyone can give me some advice...