text form field

I am trying to create a template that has areas that can be filled in.
Obviously this can be done in word.  Does someone have a link to a vid or
something that explains how to create these boxes?
Also I want the boxes to be evident that they are there... maybe a line or
highlight but that indication should disappear once the form is filled in.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/FillinTheBlanks.htm and
especially the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"philfromwaterbury" <philfromwaterbury@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:DDECFEFA-5BE5-41AD-954A-DBCE00372EDA@microsoft.com...
>I am trying to create a template that has areas that can be filled in.
> Obviously this can be done in word.  Does someone have a link to a vid or
> something that explains how to create these boxes?
> Also I want the boxes to be evident that they are there... maybe a line or
> highlight but that indication should disappear once the form is filled in.

0
Suzanne
5/4/2010 5:42:51 PM
For the general principles, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/LinesInForms.htm, especially the form
fields tutorial that the article links to.

Note that if you are using Word 2007, you should display the Developer tab on
the ribbon (Office button | Word Options, Popular: "Show Developer tab in the
Ribbon"). On the Developer tab, you'll find the form fields if you then click
the Legacy Tools button in the Controls group.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"philfromwaterbury" <philfromwaterbury@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:DDECFEFA-5BE5-41AD-954A-DBCE00372EDA@microsoft.com...
>I am trying to create a template that has areas that can be filled in.
> Obviously this can be done in word.  Does someone have a link to a vid or
> something that explains how to create these boxes?
> Also I want the boxes to be evident that they are there... maybe a line or
> highlight but that indication should disappear once the form is filled in.

0
Stefan

Pivot Table Comment Field
I am wanting to put a comment field in a pivot table, so when some on sees something on the table they can put a comment as why it is there A free form type thing. I know that if I put a field in that is blan and it puts (blank) in all the cells in the field, if you change th word blank to what ever it changes all the same thing to what you typ in that field or cell. So the only thing I could think of was to pu numbers in the column prior to converting to a pivot table like 1-150 so they would all be unique so I can have a comment field. Is ther some other way to do this? Thanks for the help,...

how to extract text from a formula
a formula in cell (A1)looks like =+'c:\My Documents\[Look at this workbook.xls]TOTAL'!$K$46 ...would like to extract the name of workbook from formula "Look at this workbook.xls" ...any ideas? ...

Moving between forms
Hello, I've made some buttons to navigate between forms. All the forms are related so I would like to stay on the current record that is being displayed when moving between the forms. Can someone please help me with this? I've tried the GoToRecord function and in the offset put =[Forms]![EntryForm].[Record ID] but it says that the expression is the wrong data type. Thank you DoCmd.OpenForm, , , "[KeyField] = " & Me.[KeyField] is one way to open a form at a particular record. Replace KeyField with your field name. You only need the square brackets if th...

How to scroll label control along with text in RichTextBox
Hi, I have added a label control in RichTextBox, but when text increases and scroll bar appears, the label control does not scroll with the text.... Can any body suggest a solution for this... I will be really thanhfull Regards, Zafar "zafar" <zafarzoni@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:6c93b1fd-b9f3-4029-bea9-3bd91830ceb3@c3g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I have added a label control in RichTextBox, but when text increases > and scroll bar appears, the label control does not scroll with the > text.... Can any body suggest a solution for th...

Form Field Auto Resizing
I've created a form based on a table that has mostly Memo fields. I'd like to cut and paste varying length text into different form fields (that are Memos) and have the field on the form "Auto Resize" to the length of the text. Is that possible? You help is greatly appreciated! (B^>)-]=[ ...

Merge/consolidate text cells based on unique keys ?
Hi all. I hope someone can help me out. I have an Excel worksheet with 2 columns: 'Client #' and 'Invoice #'. Every time the accounting dept. generates an invoice, a new row is added in this worksheet. Obviously this is chronological not per Client #. But for the sake of simplicity, let's assume the worksheet is already sorted by Client #, like so: A B Client # Invoice # 231 5929 231 4358 231 2185 231 6234 464 1166 464 1264 464 3432 464 1720 464 9747 791 1133 791 4930 791 5496 791 6291 989 8681 989 3023 989 7935 989 8809 989 8873 My goal is to achieve...

Use of DSum, DCount, DLookup, etc in form after splitting
I was reviewing Tony's Performance FAQ and am trying to address point 'Use of DSum, DCount, DLookup, etc in form after splitting' That said the link he provides is broken. Before I reinvent the wheel, I thought I ask if/where others had found good replacement functions? I know and use Allen Browne's Elookup (great function) But am interested in DSum, DCount,... Also, for personal knowledge, why is native functions such as these slower than user defined functions??? I find this very weird and MS has never fix this in its' multiple versions ...? Thank...

Calculated Fields showing error results
I am trying to get a calculated field to work within a pivot table. The two fields in the pivot table which I'm referencing are sales and Profit dollars. I want the calculated field to show gross profit dollars (percent to total sales represented by profit), but without any error values (!value, div/0, etc.) where there are no sales for a particular line (i.e. customer) in the timeframe I'm analyzing. The formulae I've tried are: =If(iserror(Profit/Sales),"",(Profit/Sales)) =if(isna(Profit/Sales),"",(Profit/Sales)) =if(isnumber(Profit/Sales),(Profit/Sal...

Updating fields for a subform automatically depending on the mainform
I am using two tables, one is called tools and the other is called changes. In the tools table i have the fields: serial (the s/n of a tool), size (size of the tool), and status (whether it is IN stock or OUT). In the changes table i have the fields: machine (a machines number), new tool (serial of the tool that is goin to be used) and old tool (the serial of the tool that is coming back). For the main form i have the user select a machine, select a tool from a combo box, and the old tool is listed automatically from the previous usage, this form is bound to the "changes" table. ...

Organizational Forms
How do you set up the proper permission to be able to publish to the organizational form folder? When publishing a form to the organizational folder I recieve a message "the form cannot be installed.." I used the exchange system manager to allow full access permissions under EFORMS. This is according to articles 271816 and 241707. I'm still unable to publish. What am I missing. you have "owner" permissions? "Mousef" <Mousef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4920E10-AB37-4FC1-971A-41069DAC64FF@microsoft.com... > How do you set u...

having trouble adding more than one textbox to a form using vba
I am having problems with the following code. I can get 1 textbo created with the correct value, as long as only 1 checkbox is true. bu if they both are true, only one textbox is created and no value. can anyone see what I am doing wrong or help to improve code? Set wb = Workbooks.Open("PATH") If MultiPage1.Pages(0).Checkbox1.Value = True Then Set NewTextBox = MultiPage1.Pages(1).Add("forms.textbox.1") With NewTextBox .Width = 150 .Height = 18 End With Set rng wb.Worksheets("Sheet1").Columns(1).find(MultiPage1.Pages(0).Checkbox1.Caption) If Not rng Is Nothing...

Pivot Table - Data Field
Hi All, I trying to create a custom data field within a Pivot Table that calculates the remaining sum, in a sense the opposite of the "Running Total In" option fo the "Show data as" parameter in the Field Settings bar. So for example if I have the follow data items in a column: 1, 4, 7, 3, 7 Column Total being 22 Then the running total would be 1, 5, 12, 15, 22 And the remaining sum would be 21, 17, 10, 18, 0 I cannot find any way of doing this. Since I cannot use GETPIVOTDATA within a Pivot Table's calculated field, I cannot make a reference to the Column Total. C...

Drawing Curved Text
Hi All Does anyone know of a simple example of drawing along a simple curve using vb.net. Mickey Am 29.03.2010 02:39, schrieb mickey: > Hi All > Does anyone know of a simple example of drawing along a simple curve using > vb.net. > Mickey Haven't read it, but the first picture seems to be what you're after: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/dd263097.aspx -- Armin Nice examples Thanks "Armin Zingler" <az.nospam@freenet.de> wrote in message news:OQxcZruzKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Am 29.03.2010 02:39, schri...

Is there a way to search through text in Publisher files?
Searching in my documents will not give results of text used in publisher files. Is there a way to search through them? sisterginny schrieb: > Searching in my documents will not give results of text used in publisher > files. Is there a way to search through them? whole text search is only in Pub 2003 Ananda ...

Auto Fill fields in table
I am creating a database for my small consultancy - around 30 clients. In addition to the table containing names, addresses, etc. I want a table to record invoices raised - dates, amounts, date paid, etc. I'm assuming i make the Client ID field the primary key in the contacts table. How do I use this to auto-complete the client firstname and surname into the invoice table? In other words - I want to just be able to enter the client ID into the invoice table and have it enter the firstname and surname automatically. Thanks in advance. Steve On Mon, 28 May 2007 11:17:30 GMT, &q...

continous form/subform question
This is mainly a general question I have. Is it possible to put a subform in the footer (or header) of a continous form or subform? Thought I would inquire first before spending time on it. Thanks. .... John Nevermind. I found out what the answer is. Thanks. .... John "JohnE" wrote: > This is mainly a general question I have. Is it possible to put a subform in > the footer (or header) of a continous form or subform? Thought I would > inquire first before spending time on it. > Thanks. > ... John ...

exporting excel to csv large fields save as "####"
I have to save an Excel *.xls to csv , sadly some VERY long Excel text fields characters are being saved as ############# (are long fields stored as some kind of blob?). Is there any Excel based solution? (I have found a 3rd party convertor) I save-as tab-separated txt file (but it's the same for other csv formats). Version Fully updated Excel 2002 Hi, Has anyone even seen this? "zzapper" wrote: > I have to save an Excel *.xls to csv , > sadly some VERY long Excel text fields characters are being saved > as ############# (are long fields stored as some kind o...

Text only emails through Internet
I have a remote user on Outlook 2003 who connects to my Exchange 5.5 server through the Internet. She is able to send and receive email fine. Her problem is when someone sends her an email with graphics in it, the graphics are stripped out. However, when she connects to the VPN, the emails come through with their graphics. Are there any settings I need to check on my end (in Exchange) or in her Outlook to make the emails appear like the sender wanted them too? Thanks, John "AnytimeAnywhere" <gm79ta@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e7uQvRrnGHA.784@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...

Converting custom cell properties to text
Hi, I have a column of cells with telephone numbers in it and I wish to convert - or copy and paste these cells - into text format. For example, I have a telephone number as 083270000 and the cell properties (Format > Cells > Category) is listed as "Custom" and the "Type" is listed as "000000000". When I conduct a copy and paste, I lose the preceding zero before the eight. But I need this to remain and I need all the cells in "Text" format! Any ideas on how to do this? Regards Hnelg Format the column as text-go into Format>cells>cu...

when i type i am not seeing any text in Outlook 2003 #2
When I am try to send an email nothing appears on the screen instead i see red error lines. I don't see any text. I can only enter name and subject and nothing else. I am not able to see anything else in the body of the email. Please help. Any help will be appreciated ...

Comination of 3 Combo boxes fills Text box
Hi, I have a subform 'OrderDetailsSubform' (datasheet view) on which I have 3 combo boxes - cboCategories, cboSizes, cboProducts. They are all synchronised to filter down by selecting Product Category, Product Size, then the Product itself. The subform's controlsource is a query OrderDetailsExtended. The next field is an text box txtUnitPrice. I want this to populate with the price for the product selected in the combo boxes. I am stumped however, as the ProductID (which is what would distinctly identify the product and the price) isn't actually selected in any of ...

Any send / receive email message is in Text mode Only
Hello, I have an issue that I have been unable to resolve. I have Microsoft Outlook 2002 (with Service Pack 3)and any message that I send and for the most part any message that I receive are in Text Mode Only even so I have configure Outlook 2002 to send new emails in Rich Text (I also try HTML but it doesn't make any difference). BTW, I have installed every Microsoft XP critical patch and every update for Microsoft Outlook 2002, I have even look in the knowledge base but I can resolve this issue. Finally, I would appreciate some advice as to how can I resolve this issue and I t...

Import PO from a text file?
Is there a way to import and create POs from a text file, xml, or something like that? We have version 1.2 Thanks. Luis Do you need of a tool that create PO for you? Antonio Do you have one? I could use some information on it "Antonio Mazzeo" wrote: > Do you need of a tool that create PO for you? > > Antonio > > Yes, I have.. but with my customer rules and my text file :) antonio Does anyone have anything like this already? An add-in? I'm very interested. Ken Nelson "Antonio Mazzeo" <amazzeo@email.it> wrote in message news:uFZ...

Phone Call. Fields' meaning
Hi All! It's not clear for me about meaning of fields in "Phone Call" form. For example, for outgoing call. Person A want person B to call to person C. So A create new activity "Phone Call" and assigned it ot B. And choose for field "Call Recipient" C. So in that case what is the field "Call Initiator" for? Evidently for outgoing call Initiator and Owner should be the same. For incoming call, recepient and owner should be the same. But in CRM it's different fields. Why? One reason I think is because the phone call could be assigned to a queue...

Fields used Standard Cost Rollup Work
We need to better-understand how the SC Rollup works. Specifically, what field(s) does GP use to calculate proposed standard cost for PURCHASED items? We're getting funky data and need to drill down on it. Thanks, in advance, for your help. G ...