template orright hand margin set up

I want to set up the right hand portion of my page to have a line down the
margin and to have the word "NOTES" to appear at the top of this margin or
column for each page.

I write many college papers and I want the reader to have the courtesy to
have a separate "NOTE" column for his own use as he/she reads the paper.

Type the word "NOTES" in a text box that you anchor to the header paragraph;
that way, it will be repeated on all pages using the header in question. For
more, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Larry L. Harris" <Larry L. Harris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:88E55DC2-3F4C-4F2C-B1C1-9EDB59E9BAE7@microsoft.com...
> I want to set up the right hand portion of my page to have a line down the
> margin and to have the word "NOTES" to appear at the top of this margin or
> column for each page.
>
> I write many college papers and I want the reader to have the courtesy to
> have a separate "NOTE" column for his own use as he/she reads the paper.

0
Stefan
12/29/2009 7:10:22 PM
AFAIK, border choices with a text box are either none or all 4 sides. To get
the effect of a single vertical line delineating the notes area, I've used a
single-cell table positioned flush right relative to page, of the
appropriate width, with top, bottom and right borders turned off.
-TedMi

"Stefan Blom" <StefanBlom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Type the word "NOTES" in a text box that you anchor to the header
> paragraph; that way, it will be repeated on all pages using the header in
> question. For more, see
> http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "Larry L. Harris" <Larry L. Harris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:88E55DC2-3F4C-4F2C-B1C1-9EDB59E9BAE7@microsoft.com...
>> I want to set up the right hand portion of my page to have a line down
>> the
>> margin and to have the word "NOTES" to appear at the top of this margin
>> or
>> column for each page.
>>
>> I write many college papers and I want the reader to have the courtesy to
>> have a separate "NOTE" column for his own use as he/she reads the paper.

0
TedMi
12/29/2009 7:33:30 PM
Assuming that readers are supposed to make hand-written notes in a printout
you could use a Shape (again anchored to the header paragraph) for the
border. Alternatively, use a page border.

On the other hand, if readers are supposed to type their comments, maybe
having them insert Word comments would be the easiest approach.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"TedMi" <tedmi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> AFAIK, border choices with a text box are either none or all 4 sides. To
> get the effect of a single vertical line delineating the notes area, I've
> used a single-cell table positioned flush right relative to page, of the
> appropriate width, with top, bottom and right borders turned off.
> -TedMi
>
> "Stefan Blom" <StefanBlom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Type the word "NOTES" in a text box that you anchor to the header
>> paragraph; that way, it will be repeated on all pages using the header in
>> question. For more, see
>> http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm.
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "Larry L. Harris" <Larry L. Harris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:88E55DC2-3F4C-4F2C-B1C1-9EDB59E9BAE7@microsoft.com...
>>> I want to set up the right hand portion of my page to have a line down
>>> the
>>> margin and to have the word "NOTES" to appear at the top of this margin
>>> or
>>> column for each page.
>>>
>>> I write many college papers and I want the reader to have the courtesy
>>> have a separate "NOTE" column for his own use as he/she reads the paper.

0
Stefan

Microsoft Word 2003 settings
I've just installed MSWord 2003 and the rulers are calibrated in "ch" values as is the tabs settings. Although I selected inches for my measurement type in options, everything except those 2 values change. (No matter what value I select, they don't change). How can I change them? See http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 15:14:01 -0800, Marlinman <Marlinman@...

Automation object in office template
I’m not sure which area to post this in. Anyway, I’m trying to use an Access 2007 template (nutrition) I found on MicroSoft’s site, but in 2003. I downloaded it on a co-workers computer, saved it for 2003 and opened it on my computer. Right off the bat I get a “The object doesn’t contain the Automation object ‘IsTrusted’” message. I have no idea what this means and how can I fix it or get rid of it. Any ideas? Thank you! If the database format is accdb, you will have to cobvert it to an mdb using Access 2007, before you can use it in Access 2003. The accdb format is not b...

How do I import content from one PowerPoint template into another
Frequently the company I work for changes our basic template design. It is such a pain to copy and paste from one template into another template. There has to be an easier way. If so, I would really appreciate your help. Yes there is - what version do you use? Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "Squaretooth" <Squaretooth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47FB91CB-8DB0-4681-B4EB-38BB8AB81D6B@microsoft.com... > Frequently the company I work for changes our basic template design. It i...

How do I set up timer for sheet?
How do I set up timer for sheet? The following is a simple example of a timer with the Start Timer and Stop Timer subs. Custom format the cell to display the time so that it includes the date and the time including seconds. Example for regional date displayed in D/M/Y format. d mmm yyyy h:mm:ss 'RunWhen must be declared at top of 'a standard Module before any subs Public RunWhen As Date Sub StartTimer() Dim TimerIntervals TimerIntervals = 1 'In seconds RunWhen = Now + _ TimeSerial(0, 0, TimerIntervals) ActiveSheet.Range("A1") = Now A...

How do I create a lesson plan template?
I am new third grade teacher and I'm wanting to create a lesson plan template to fill in each week rather than doing it manually each week. On Sun, 19 Aug 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Ms. Agner <Ms.Agner@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am new third grade teacher and I'm wanting to create a lesson plan template >to fill in each week rather than doing it manually each week. Do it manually once, then set all the cells you would fill to zero, or "XXX" or whatever, and save that. Next week, open the file you saved and fill it in with the new week&...

How to save view mode & directory settings in CFileDialog?
Hi, Does anyone have an example how can I save all the settings (view mode, directory, sort order, e´tc.) which user has set in CFileDialog? TIA, BtB "Bob the Builder" <Bob the Builder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C291EEC6-3D24-4C22-8BC9-91266F0E9517@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Does anyone have an example how can I save all the settings (view mode, > directory, sort order, e�tc.) which user has set in CFileDialog? > > TIA, > > BtB > A small example to get you going... CFileDialog dlgFileOpen(TRUE, _T("ing"),...

MSCRM Web: Word Merge Templates
Is there a way to creat single or multiple merged letters with MS Word templates? Not through the web browser. You can export the contacts/leads to Excel and do the mail merge with Word and Excel. Sal www.focusonyourcustomer.com "Mr. Octal Storm" <mroctalstorm@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u1i55vqYDHA.1736@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to creat single or multiple merged letters with MS Word > templates? > > ...

Error messages on templates
Back in 1981 I wreote a SuperCalc templates for a spreedsheet. I ported that over to qutoPro, then to lotus 123, now to Excel. I have just updated to office 2003 and now my formulas show an error. They still work but they show an error. During the late 80's i even went to a workbook that used data sums in the worksheet with one sheet getting the data from the other sheets. They still work but gthey show an error. I tried changing the security level and that didn't work. How do I get exc el to accept my template/macros? charles arnett Can you give us an idea of the formu...

Email template with signature
When I open my created template the signature is displayed underneath. The problem is that I use Arial but the last row before the signature become Calibri instead. This can be solved if you add an extra line break after the last character. But I don't want to have two line breaks between the text and the signature. How can I solve this? "Dick" skrev: > When I open my created template the signature is displayed underneath. The > problem is that I use Arial but the last row before the signature become > Calibri instead. This can be solved if you a...

How to set a formula if the value is with #N/A
Example : E/no salary Bonus total 001 1000 #N/A 002 200 100 003 2000 #N/A How to set a formula for each worker in total column (Salary & Bonus)when the value are set as #N/A. How to convert #N/A to 0 for sum formula. Please advise. Thanks. D2=IF(C2<>"#N/A",C2+B2,B2) Assuming the Bonus values are in Column C and Salary amounts are in Column B. Copy/drag formula down the column D. Corey... "lee-sc" <leesc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ADC71CA-4C31-4C50-A201-4...

Locate Value in a set Row, with Dynamic Column
Hi, I have some data and the headers for the numbers are months. All the months are on row 7. I need to add some code to start looking in row 7 (cell A7) and look at each column to locate the relevant date entered in cell A1. Example: The code needs to look at cell A7, then B7, then C7 etc etc until it locates the right value. How can I do this please? Thanks, What do you want thew code to do when it finds the match? "Louise" <Louise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33D451C1-3C5D-4C5C-BD65-1D85139BBC0B@microsoft.com... > Hi, &g...

im looking for an excel template to track purchase orders against
delivery, does anyone have one or know where i can find one, to save me creating one myself as i am not hot on excel Microsoft may have one: http://office.microsoft.com/en- us/templates/CT011356681033.aspx HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >delivery, does anyone have one or know where i can find one, to save me >creating one myself as i am not hot on excel >. > ...

My headers in Excel don't adjust with margin changes.
When changing default margins in Excel, the headers on the page don't adjust. Is it possible to have them follow the page size once my margins are adjusted? AB There is no way. They are stuck at about 3/4" Work-around is to "pad" the headers with spaces. You can move them inwards this way, but not outwards. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 06:49:04 -0800, "ABMIS" <ABMIS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When changing default margins in Excel, the headers on the page don't adjust. > Is it possible to have them follow the page ...

Set Project Accounting Purchase Order default to Blank Form
We would like the option to select "any" available form as the default for printing the Project Accounting Purchase Order. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default....

can't open microsoft outlook as set of folder could not be opened
could you please help how i can open microsoft outlook as whenever i try to open it , it says the message 'can't open microsoft outlook as set of folder could not be opened'. Rajesh <Rajesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > could you please help how i can open microsoft outlook as whenever i > try to open it , it says the message 'can't open microsoft outlook as > set of folder could not be opened'. Use Control Panel's Mail applet to make sure your mail profile is pointing at a valid PST. -- Brian Tillman ...

Email security settings
This cannot be done on my Outlook 2000 SP3, the Attachment Security click is not there!? "Change the Attachment Security Zone Settings To change your attachment security zone setting, follow these steps: On the Tools menu, click Options. Click the Security tab. Click Attachment Security. High security (recommended for all users) will warn you of potential security issues with attachments. None (not recommended) offers no protection from potential security problems. Use this setting only if you are sure all messages you receive are safe." I cannot view email attachments with...

Design Sets in Publisher 2007?
Are the master design sets available in Publisher 2007? If not, can one create sets easily? The Design Sets are gone in 2007. They are easy enough to construct. Open help, type Design set, all sorts of interesting articles and templates come up. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Marilyn" <Marilyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA1F72ED-5210-4A81-B5DA-A400FE43C3CD@microsoft.com... > Are the master design sets available in Publisher 2007? If not, can one > create sets easily? ...

Accurate Gross Margin Tracking on Variable Cost Items
GP 8.0 We custom order products. We use a fixed SKU for the product because it is custom ordered in different sizes and colors. Each order has a different cost. How can we set it up so that we have accurate gross margin information on the sale? Basically we would like to type in the cost on the sales order so we know exactly what the GM is. We enter the cost in the purchase order (which we generate via SOP to POP), but it appears that the cost isn't reflected until the next Sales Order so our GM tracking on a per order basis is completely off. Thanks, Jason ...

Compatibility Pack settings?
I can open a 2007 xlsx with 2003 by double clicking the file, but if I'm already in 2003 and use OPEN and navigate to a 2007 file, I can't open it. Is there somewhere that I can enable the compatibility pack automatically when excel 2003 opens to allow this? TIA Try downloading this compatibility pack (see link below). Once it is downloaded you should be able to open the 2007 Excel files. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=941B3470-3AE9-4AEE-8F43-C6BB74CD1466&displaylang=en "BABs" wrote: > I can open a 2007 xlsx with 2003...

setting up the printer in a mde
I have an mdb application, it's gotta a backend. I convert the mdb to mde. Here's the problem; some of the reports in the mdb are to print to a different printer -not the default printer- when i convert to mde and take the application to other network -I can set up the backend for the mde for the other network, this is not a problem- the reports that do not use the default printer won't print and i can't open the set up page for a report in a mde. How can i set up the printer in the mde? Thanks "Squik27" <Squik27@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Access 2003 Templates
Is it possible to only see Access 2003 templates when i am searching for them on the 'templates' part of office online? "Jase4now" <Jase4now@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > Is it possible to only see Access 2003 templates when > i am searching for them on the 'templates' part of office online?As often as some 'Softie web-person decides to "enrich our viewing experience" and changes the website, I don't even try to keep up with their current navigation schemes. But I did view and download some templates, recently, and, yes, I finally s...

How Do I set repeating numbered rows (in Excel)?
Countless efforts to 'find' how to do this...expect the answer 'is there'...perhaps I just cannot see it. Thanks in advance for any assistance. -- ~Cassie Answer's probably there, but what do you mean by "repeating numbered rows"? I can think of several possible interpretations... If you mean you want something like: A 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 1 5 2 6 3 7 1 then one way is A2: =MOD(A1,3)+1 Copy down as far as necessary In article <C2C9DB8F-562A-4F17-892B-ED8D5B7D9D57@microsoft.com>, Cassie <Cassie@discu...

Can't Setting up Sample Database
I've followed the instructions on chapter 18 of the Implementation Guide, and i have created 12 users in Active Directory, but when i finished choose a user from active directory for each role on the select sample data users page, the error appeared flow information: See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.SampleDataWizard.SampleDataWizard.LoadTreeNode(XmlNode firstNode, Tre...

Changing default templates?
I would like to change the defaults that come up on new Office documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc). (E.g: change fonts, have default footers, etc.) How can I do this? I thought there used to be templates, like normal.dot, and so on, but Spotlight can't find them on my hard drive... Thanks! Mark <markwheat@gmail.com> wrote: > How can I do this? I thought there used to be templates, like > normal.dot, and so on, but Spotlight can't find them on my hard > drive... THere is still one. It's either in the Microsoft Office 2004/Templates folder or in your Micr...

setting chart text color
I am making a template in PowerPoint 2007. I would like for the chart text to be white since I have a dark background. I don't want to make a chart type template. I want the text in all my charts to be white. How can I set this? Is it one of the theme colors that I should change to white? Which one? under the design tab/ themes/ colors/ right click and then edit your selected color theme. you will need to change the 1st 'Text/Background - Dark 1'setting to white. note by doing this maychange your slide font colors (depending on how you set up) - so you will need to ch...