Table disappears at edge of landscape page in Print layout view on

I was entering data in an ordinary table in portrait page setup and decided I
needed to make the table wider so changed the page set up to landscape. As I
added columns, towards the right the edge of the table edges disappear as
well as the text in them. If I change to normal view or web layout view they
are there and intact but print layout view and print preview cuts them off.

I've tried select all and pasting into a new landscape document but the same
thing happens can't see the right edge.

I've checked the margin sizes they all seem to be normal, I've fiddled about
with them making them bigger and smaller, not much changes.

It's incredibly frustrating, please help if you can!

I'm using Word 2003

"doiesile" wrote:

> I was entering data in an ordinary table in portrait page setup and decided I
> needed to make the table wider so changed the page set up to landscape. As I
> added columns, towards the right the edge of the table edges disappear as
> well as the text in them. If I change to normal view or web layout view they
> are there and intact but print layout view and print preview cuts them off.
>
> I've tried select all and pasting into a new landscape document but the same
> thing happens can't see the right edge.
>
> I've checked the margin sizes they all seem to be normal, I've fiddled about
> with them making them bigger and smaller, not much changes.
>
> It's incredibly frustrating, please help if you can!
On the Table tab of Table Properties, set the table width to 100%.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"doiesile" <doiesile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was entering data in an ordinary table in portrait page setup and decided
> needed to make the table wider so changed the page set up to landscape. As
> added columns, towards the right the edge of the table edges disappear as
> well as the text in them. If I change to normal view or web layout view
> they
> are there and intact but print layout view and print preview cuts them
> off.
>
> I've tried select all and pasting into a new landscape document but the
> same
> thing happens can't see the right edge.
>
> I've checked the margin sizes they all seem to be normal, I've fiddled
> about
> with them making them bigger and smaller, not much changes.
>
> It's incredibly frustrating, please help if you can!

0
Suzanne
11/30/2009 6:50:44 PM
Thanks Suzanne but it hasn't worked. It has centered the table within the
margins. The shaded blue area on the right margin is reaching a third of the
way across the page. When I add columns it bunches them up within the same
area. I pull out the edge of the table and the table moves over to the left
and off the page and the edge of the table on the right still disappears.

When I change the alignment of the table on the page to Right alignment,
visually the table moves towards the left and disappears off the page
(whereas to the right the edge of the page/paper is visible but the table
border is not visible, mid column.

I hope what I'm saying makes written sense, it certainly doesn't make
logical sense to me!

If you have any more advice, I'd really appreciate it, I've got to fill this
table to be able to tender to win some work!.

Thanks so much.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

> On the Table tab of Table Properties, set the table width to 100%.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "doiesile" <doiesile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I was entering data in an ordinary table in portrait page setup and decided
> > needed to make the table wider so changed the page set up to landscape. As
> > added columns, towards the right the edge of the table edges disappear as
> > well as the text in them. If I change to normal view or web layout view
> > they
> > are there and intact but print layout view and print preview cuts them
> > off.
> >
> > I've tried select all and pasting into a new landscape document but the
> > same
> > thing happens can't see the right edge.
> >
> > I've checked the margin sizes they all seem to be normal, I've fiddled
> > about
> > with them making them bigger and smaller, not much changes.
> >
> > It's incredibly frustrating, please help if you can!
> >

> .

Your mention of a "shaded blue area on the right margin" suggests that the
document contains markup and you are in Final Showing Markup view, with
space allowed for the balloons. If you disable balloons in the Track Changes
Options, do you still see a problem? Also, make sure that on the Table tab
of Table Properties you have None set for text wrapping. If the table is
wrapped, then that could be the cause of the problems. And be aware that,
whenever you drag a table by its handle (as you have very likely done during
this exercise), it becomes wrapped.

--

> Thanks Suzanne but it hasn't worked. It has centered the table within the
> margins. The shaded blue area on the right margin is reaching a third of
> the
> way across the page. When I add columns it bunches them up within the same
> area. I pull out the edge of the table and the table moves over to the
> left
> and off the page and the edge of the table on the right still disappears.
>
> When I change the alignment of the table on the page to Right alignment,
> visually the table moves towards the left and disappears off the page
> (whereas to the right the edge of the page/paper is visible but the table
> border is not visible, mid column.
>
> I hope what I'm saying makes written sense, it certainly doesn't make
> logical sense to me!
>
> If you have any more advice, I'd really appreciate it, I've got to fill
> this
> table to be able to tender to win some work!.
>
> Thanks so much.
>
> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
>
>> On the Table tab of Table Properties, set the table width to 100%.
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> http://word.mvps.org
>>
>> "doiesile" <doiesile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I was entering data in an ordinary table in portrait page setup and
>> >decided
>> > needed to make the table wider so changed the page set up to landscape.
>> > As
>> > added columns, towards the right the edge of the table edges disappear
>> > as
>> > well as the text in them. If I change to normal view or web layout view
>> > they
>> > are there and intact but print layout view and print preview cuts them
>> > off.
>> >
>> > I've tried select all and pasting into a new landscape document but the
>> > same
>> > thing happens can't see the right edge.
>> >
>> > I've checked the margin sizes they all seem to be normal, I've fiddled
>> > about
>> > with them making them bigger and smaller, not much changes.
>> >
>> > It's incredibly frustrating, please help if you can!
>> >

>> .

0
Suzanne
12/3/2009 1:47:44 PM
Hi again, thanks for responding so quickly! There have definitely been no
tracked changes in the document, no balloons or mark up. I've wrapped and
unwrapped the table a few times already. I didn't know about your last point
but I've since checked and it is still unwrapped.

I wish I could send you a screen print of how it looks or the document
itself..

Thanks for trying Suzanne, I'll have to find another solution for my table.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

> Your mention of a "shaded blue area on the right margin" suggests that the
> document contains markup and you are in Final Showing Markup view, with
> space allowed for the balloons. If you disable balloons in the Track Changes
> Options, do you still see a problem? Also, make sure that on the Table tab
> of Table Properties you have None set for text wrapping. If the table is
> wrapped, then that could be the cause of the problems. And be aware that,
> whenever you drag a table by its handle (as you have very likely done during
> this exercise), it becomes wrapped.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "doiesile" <doiesile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Suzanne but it hasn't worked. It has centered the table within the
> > margins. The shaded blue area on the right margin is reaching a third of
> > the
> > way across the page. When I add columns it bunches them up within the same
> > area. I pull out the edge of the table and the table moves over to the
> > left
> > and off the page and the edge of the table on the right still disappears.
> >
> > When I change the alignment of the table on the page to Right alignment,
> > visually the table moves towards the left and disappears off the page
> > (whereas to the right the edge of the page/paper is visible but the table
> > border is not visible, mid column.
> >
> > I hope what I'm saying makes written sense, it certainly doesn't make
> > logical sense to me!
> >
> > If you have any more advice, I'd really appreciate it, I've got to fill
> > this
> > table to be able to tender to win some work!.
> >
> > Thanks so much.
> >
> > "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
> >
> >> On the Table tab of Table Properties, set the table width to 100%.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> >> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> >> Words into Type
> >> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> >> http://word.mvps.org
> >>
> >> "doiesile" <doiesile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

You can send the document to me by email, and I'll take a look.

--

> Hi again, thanks for responding so quickly! There have definitely been no
> tracked changes in the document, no balloons or mark up. I've wrapped and
> unwrapped the table a few times already. I didn't know about your last
> point
> but I've since checked and it is still unwrapped.
>
> I wish I could send you a screen print of how it looks or the document
> itself..
>
> Thanks for trying Suzanne, I'll have to find another solution for my
> table.
>
> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
>
>> Your mention of a "shaded blue area on the right margin" suggests that
>> the
>> document contains markup and you are in Final Showing Markup view, with
>> space allowed for the balloons. If you disable balloons in the Track
>> Changes
>> Options, do you still see a problem? Also, make sure that on the Table
>> tab
>> of Table Properties you have None set for text wrapping. If the table is
>> wrapped, then that could be the cause of the problems. And be aware that,
>> whenever you drag a table by its handle (as you have very likely done
>> during
>> this exercise), it becomes wrapped.
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> http://word.mvps.org
>>
>> "doiesile" <doiesile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks Suzanne but it hasn't worked. It has centered the table within
>> > the
>> > margins. The shaded blue area on the right margin is reaching a third
>> > of
>> > the
>> > way across the page. When I add columns it bunches them up within the
>> > same
>> > area. I pull out the edge of the table and the table moves over to the
>> > left
>> > and off the page and the edge of the table on the right still
>> > disappears.
>> >
>> > When I change the alignment of the table on the page to Right
>> > alignment,
>> > visually the table moves towards the left and disappears off the page
>> > (whereas to the right the edge of the page/paper is visible but the
>> > table
>> > border is not visible, mid column.
>> >
>> > I hope what I'm saying makes written sense, it certainly doesn't make
>> > logical sense to me!
>> >
>> > If you have any more advice, I'd really appreciate it, I've got to fill
>> > this
>> > table to be able to tender to win some work!.
>> >
>> > Thanks so much.

>> .

0
Suzanne
12/3/2009 4:19:38 PM
It would be good to understand if and how you fixed this as I have the same
problem. thanks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

> You can send the document to me by email, and I'll take a look.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "doiesile" <doiesile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi again, thanks for responding so quickly! There have definitely been no
> > tracked changes in the document, no balloons or mark up. I've wrapped and
> > unwrapped the table a few times already. I didn't know about your last
> > point
> > but I've since checked and it is still unwrapped.
> >
> > I wish I could send you a screen print of how it looks or the document
> > itself..
> >
> > Thanks for trying Suzanne, I'll have to find another solution for my
> > table.
> >
> > "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
> >
> >> Your mention of a "shaded blue area on the right margin" suggests that
> >> the
> >> document contains markup and you are in Final Showing Markup view, with
> >> space allowed for the balloons. If you disable balloons in the Track
> >> Changes
> >> Options, do you still see a problem? Also, make sure that on the Table
> >> tab
> >> of Table Properties you have None set for text wrapping. If the table is
> >> wrapped, then that could be the cause of the problems. And be aware that,
> >> whenever you drag a table by its handle (as you have very likely done
> >> during
> >> this exercise), it becomes wrapped.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> >> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> >> Words into Type
> >> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> >> http://word.mvps.org
> >>
> >> "doiesile" <doiesile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

"doiesile" did not send the document to me, so I'm still clueless about what
is going on.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Frustrated from Oz" <Frustrated from Oz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:578F287D-759B-444D-8877-8BD89B204B1B@microsoft.com...
> It would be good to understand if and how you fixed this as I have the
> same
> problem. thanks
>
> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
>
>> You can send the document to me by email, and I'll take a look.
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> http://word.mvps.org
>>
>> "doiesile" <doiesile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi again, thanks for responding so quickly! There have definitely been
>> > no
>> > tracked changes in the document, no balloons or mark up. I've wrapped
>> > and
>> > unwrapped the table a few times already. I didn't know about your last
>> > point
>> > but I've since checked and it is still unwrapped.
>> >
>> > I wish I could send you a screen print of how it looks or the document
>> > itself..
>> >
>> > Thanks for trying Suzanne, I'll have to find another solution for my
>> > table.

>> .

0
Suzanne

Re-print SVC RTV Packing Slips
Please add to the Reports Menu the ability to Reprint a RTV packing slip. -- Steve Laurenzano K-Rain Mfg ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=107decaa-6e0a-4bc...

How can I print just the flip side of a booklet?
How can I print just the flip side of a booklet? I printed the first side just fine and then my computer went funny and I had to shut down and start back up again. I have 25 copies of the first side that need to be printed on the back side. Pub 2000 user here: There may be a better way but I think you will have to print a page at a time i.e., File, Print Page 2 of 2; then 3 of 3 and so on. -- Don Vancouver, USA "pqc18" <pqc18@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92653E8D-9772-4AE0-A9C3-514B363E72B2@microsoft.com... > How can I print just the flip side ...

help with dynamic tables

Publishing Layout and tables
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to copy and paste text from one cell of a table to another cell in the same table. The document is in Publishing Layout. The paste command deletes the text in the destination cell and then places a big empty text box on top of the table. I do dozens of these documents that are primarily tables and graphics. Previously I used Publisher on my old PC. Should I go back, or can this be done in Word for the mac? Hello, On 2010.01.29 8:44 AM, in article 59bb1ce2.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Toni_T@officefor...

Add new record through Form view
I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command button which will add a new record to my table. On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table in a form. On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 11:11:01 -0800, Ranjith Kurian <RanjithKurian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command >button which will add a new record to my table. >On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table >in a form. The Click event should show [Event Proced...

Investment Summary on Home Page
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C4EF37.6BEB29B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Okay, I have had investments that I have sold completely within an = account and purchased other investments. When I go to "My Money" home = page, it will still show the old investment under the "Investment = Summary", "Investment Performance" and "Best and Worst Performance" = sections, along with the new investments. How can I clear out the old = investments from...

Page up and Page down
Is there any way the you can use Code to cause a form to do page up and page down. I have a Long form that some of the information that is at the bottom of the form is out of view and only use by certain people. How can I have a botton on click go page down to the bottom and another button that will return the form to the top of the form. I know that you can use the keys to accomplish this but for appearance value I would rather use a button on the form to accomplish this. any ideas? Sandrao, You can put a Page Break control on your form. Then, code on the Click event of your button...

Mail Merge Printing collated
When I print a mail merge (I don't use it for mailings and envelopes), Publisher prints out the first 5 records as an individual document then the next 5 as a seperate document, and so forth. Since I often need to make multiple copies of these documents, I end up having to collate them by hand. How can I get Publisher to print the entire merge as one document before printing the second, third, copy? I believe when I had P'03 it would print that way, but when I upgraded to '07 this problem started. You can't... Maybe later with a service pack these printing bugs will b...

Querying multiple records in two tables

MS Excel Print setup
Hi, When i save a document by using landscape setting,& by opening again that document it does'nt show saved setting. It shows portrait option,not landscpe option. Piyush ...

Chart printing issue in Excel 2007

Excel pivot table #2

How many pages can a booklet have?
Hi how many pages can a booklet have? Is there a limit to the pages in a publisher booklet. Each page has three photos. There is no limit, your RAM may decide for you. What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Verystumped" <Verystumped@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F2778CF-7B14-4BDD-93C5-EF9B39E2C1A7@microsoft.com... > Hi how many pages can a booklet have? Is there a limit to the pages in a > publisher booklet. Each page has three photos. ...

Field mapping for Appointments in filtered views
I’ve been looking at this for ages but cannot find the field for Contact for an Appointment in the filtered views. Regarding is dbo_FilteredAppointment.regardingobjectidname and is also in dbo_FilteredActivityPointer.regardingobjectidname with a foreign key of dbo_FilteredAppointment.activityid Optional seems to come from dbo_FilteredActivityParty.partyidname with a foreign key of dbo_FilteredAppointment.activityid Does any one know where the Contact for the Appointment get stored? Also a link to a ER diagram for 3.0 or a mapping resource would help me from unnecessary trawling throu...

Link to Page when saving to web
Hi, I have some drawings that have several shapes with "Go to page on double-click" behavior. How can I keep this functionality when saving as a web page? Thanks ...

Tables in 2007
What are the advantages to converting a list to a table in 2007? Why does the table have a name? I did read in help that you can post a 2007 table to sharpoint services. What does that mean? -- Thanks. Confused Hi, Go to the excel help and type Tables then open the one that says Demo: Organize your data by using an Excel table, and then in How to do it, click on Overview of Excel Tables if this helps please click yes, thanks "Confused" wrote: > What are the advantages to converting a list to a table in 2007? Why does > the table have a name? > > I did read...

Summarising per page
Hi all, I have a worksheet that contains a list of numbers, and in printout is more than 5 printed pages. What I want is to summarise the list per printing page. I want to do this for any printed page length (i.e. Letter, A4,) or orientation (Portrait, Landscape). Thanks in advance, Regards Nick Hi have a look at http://tinyurl.com/2pxmw -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Nick Karoumpalos wrote: > Hi all, > I have a worksheet that contains a list of numbers, and in printout is > more than 5 printed pages. > What I want is to summarise the list per printing page. > ...

Visio Printing Problem
I am trying to print a flowchart. The print view displays the complet flowchart. However, when I print the flowchart, the top half of th flowchart is omitted and the bottom half prints. Any problem solvin recommendations would be appreciated -- jqsandma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jqsandman's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=661 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=136719 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i this usually ends up as being "apply available software patches to visio" or &quo...

insert text to different pages and update
Is there a way to insert a text cell from one page put into another page and when the first page cell is updated the second page cell will also be updated. Using the = sign just displays the formula, not the text. :confused: Thanks Frank -- fwburkey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ fwburkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30314 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=505331 Not clear what you are doing wrong. the formula should look lik =Sheet1!A1 Make sure there is noth...

How do I reverse the order of the pages I've written?
I've written 56 pages in a new book in Publisher, but have inserted them in reverse order, ie; page 56 should be page 1, and so on. How can I fix this ? At the bottom of your screen are little numbered pages. Pick on them with your mouse and drag them where they need to be. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "kaybee" <kaybee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D020743-D49F-4C02-A03C-7D09CB5553A7@microsoft.com... > I've written 56 pages in a new book in Publish...