spurious line after \page

I've played with this at length, but may have not tried all combinations--

SIMPLY: I have \page after the Title page, (and auto-pagination thereafter);

BUT, which leaves a line-space at the top of PAGE #1 (following the Title
page); (or in some combinations it leaves two-lines-spacing, at the top);

YET: I'd like a flush-top on PAGE#1 (after the Title page)....

UNDERSTAND: I have different \par-values afore and after \page: It has to
have a \par with the \page to effect each separately ... (as far as I know).

Ray.

I don't understand your terminology. What do you mean by \page and \par?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Mr. Raymond Kenneth Petry"
<MrRaymondKennethPetry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've played with this at length, but may have not tried all combinations--
>
> SIMPLY: I have \page after the Title page, (and auto-pagination
> thereafter);
>
> BUT, which leaves a line-space at the top of PAGE #1 (following the Title
> page); (or in some combinations it leaves two-lines-spacing, at the top);
>
> YET: I'd like a flush-top on PAGE#1 (after the Title page)....
>
> UNDERSTAND: I have different \par-values afore and after \page: It has to
> have a \par with the \page to effect each separately ... (as far as I
> know).
>
> Ray.

0
Suzanne
6/4/2010 2:29:58 AM
It looks like Mr. Petry is working directly in the code of an RTF
document. That said, I have no idea what's causing his problem (or,
for that matter, exactly what the problem is).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 21:29:58 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
<sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote:

>I don't understand your terminology. What do you mean by \page and \par?
>
>--
>Suzanne S. Barnhill
>Microsoft MVP (Word)
>Words into Type
>Fairhope, Alabama USA
>http://word.mvps.org
>
>"Mr. Raymond Kenneth Petry"
><MrRaymondKennethPetry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I've played with this at length, but may have not tried all combinations--
>>
>> SIMPLY: I have \page after the Title page, (and auto-pagination
>> thereafter);
>>
>> BUT, which leaves a line-space at the top of PAGE #1 (following the Title
>> page); (or in some combinations it leaves two-lines-spacing, at the top);
>>
>> YET: I'd like a flush-top on PAGE#1 (after the Title page)....
>>
>> UNDERSTAND: I have different \par-values afore and after \page: It has to
>> have a \par with the \page to effect each separately ... (as far as I
>> know).
>>
>> Ray.
0
Jay

Changing page orientation
Can ANYONE tell me how to change the page orientation in a publication? I need several of the pages in my document to display in the landscape format. HELP Hi Danni (dfishel@eocr-inc.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Can ANYONE tell me how to change the page orientation in a || publication? I need several of the pages in my document to display || in the landscape format. HELP Sorry Danni, but that is not an option. Workarounds: 1. Have two publications - one for the portrait pages, one for the landscape pages 2. Rotate all objects 90 degrees on the portrait page (you can select all ...

adding multiple pages for a publisher e-newsletter/e-announcement
Lately I have been creating e-newsletter publications in publisher 2003 and so far they have all been a single page. Now, I need more room and was wondering if all I have to do is insert a page. Will all pages show up in an email of the publication or just the first page? (The computer i'm on right now won't allow me to send a publication as an email message, so I can't really check). Does anybody know how sending a multiple page publication as an email message work? lanosh wrote: > Lately I have been creating e-newsletter publications in publisher 2003 and > so fa...

Missing "Edit Page" under "Site Actions"
I am using WSS3.0 with Project Server 2007. Both apps are patched with sp2 and Feb CU. On each of my pages, while logged in as the site administrator, the "Edit Page" option does not appear in the "Site Actions" drop down menu. The only option I have is Site Settings. I verified that I am listed as a site collection Admin, is there anywhere else i should look? ------=_NextPart_0001_7C71EB48 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Edit page option will be disabled on any page when another user has checked-out that particular pa...

Excel XP: Page Setup Issue
How can I create different page setup options for each worksheet in a workbook? As I change the page setup within one worksheet it changes all of them. Is there a way to do this? Am I missing something obvious Thanks in advance Joe Mathis "Joe Mathis" <jmathis@designworkshop.com> wrote in message news:845FBE98-1D78-49BD-865A-6B3A397A41B9@microsoft.com... > How can I create different page setup options for each worksheet in a workbook? As I change the page setup within one worksheet it changes all of them. Is there a way to do this? Am I missing something obvious? > >...

Getting 2nd page of a .PDF file
I have a .pdf file that has 2 pages....I can get the first page using the Insert Object and selecting the Adobe file....It always gives me only the first page... thanks dave Delete the first page of the PDF after you insert it. You cannot reverse this action in Acrobat. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dave schurr" <daveschurr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22B75E6C-913B-417D-99E8-28CE823EDA42@microsoft.com... >I have a .pdf file that has 2 pages....I can get the first page u...

Re: Account Won't Show Up on Home Page as a Favorite
For some reason this message appears to have been deleted from the server. I'm reposting it. Kevin "Kevin Campbell" <kcampbel@nospam.midmaine.com> wrote in message news:... > I have a Home Equity Line of Credit account that, for some reason, will not > show up on my list of favorite accounts on the Home page in Money 2003. In > the account details I have the Add to Favorites checkbox checked and under > the Favorite Accounts menu item it does show up. Also, when I am in the > account register view and I click on the account name to drop the list of > ac...

Leader Lines in Excel?
Does anyone know if it is possible to create Leader Lines in an Excel worksheet, like the way you can in Word (using Tab Stops)?? Thanks. It depends what you're trying to do, but some variation on the following may help: 1. Enter a value in A2, and the other value in C2. 2. In cell B2, type the character you want as the leader, e.g. a period. 3. With B2 selected, choose Format>Cells. 4. On the Alignment tab, under Horizontal, choose Fill 5. Click OK Steve wrote: > Does anyone know if it is possible to create Leader Lines > in an Excel worksheet, like the way you can in Wo...

Print a Poster as an A4 page
Hi, can anyone tell me how to print a poster publication on just one A4 size sheet? Thank you. Pippy <Pippy@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Hi, can anyone tell me how to print a poster publication on just one > A4 size sheet? Download and install PrimoPDF from www.primopdf.com. Set the paper size in the PrimoPDF driver (File > Page Setup > Printer and Paper > Properties) to the size of your poster. Set the Page Size in Publisher to Full Page. Print to the PrimoPDF printer. You will get a PDF file of one page containing the entire of you...

asp.net page with framework 2.0 andajax
I initially made an ASP.NET page and after I added AJAX code by entering the page is the initial declaration <% @ Register Assembly = "System.Web.Extensions, Version = 1.0.61025.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = 31bf3856ad364e35 " Namespace = "System.Web.UI" TagPrefix = "asp"%> then I have write the ScriptManager in this page. In the web.config page i have write the tag <add assembly = "System.Web.Extensions, Version = 1.0.61025.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = 31bf3856ad364e35 "/></ assemblies>. Now w...

inserting/merging pages
Trying to find out how I can add (2) 5.5W X 8.5H pages on 1 file with (2) 8.5W X 8.5H pages on a different file? All have the same background. I can not insert new page from page 2 that is 8.5X8.5 because it will be the same size and it does not let me make changes in page setup. Hence the reason I created pages 3 & 4 in a new file. ...

multi-line cells
Hi, I need to be able to put some multi-line data into single cells in an excel spreadsheed. In particular, I want to put in the full address of clients without putting the address parts in a group of cells. I want to be able to write the address just as I would on an envelope. I can't seem to get excell to take the carriage return character in a single cell's input. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance, Steve Steve, press ALT-ENTER to put in a line break. Bob Flanagan Macro Systems http://www.add-ins.com Productivity add-ins and downloadable books on VB macros for Excel &quo...

How do I delete pages in Excel? Keeps printing blank pages at end.
I'm printing charts in Excel. Some of them are adding blank pages at the end of the charts. How do I get rid of these? Several ways: 1) Change the location of the chart to have its own sheet. Do this by right clicking the chart, go to "Location" and putting it on it's own sheet. Then you should be able to print it by itself without any white stuff. 2) Make sure that the page breaks are defined well. Go to View -> Page Break Preview . From there, you can move around the blue lines to determine your page breaks. Then, when you're printing it, make sure that you c...

Purchase orders
Is there any way to have purchase orders print size matrixe horizontally instead of vertically? I can place an order for fiv style of shoes and the PO will be four pages long because of th large number of different sizes in the matrix. If the size matri could print horizontally, the PO would be about a third of a singl page. I'm talking about Quicksell. But what about RMS also? Do you need t buy a third party program for another $1,000 to make this happen ...

RSS feed page gives script error
I get the following error when clicking on the RSS item in Outlook 2007. Does anyone know what it means and how I can get rid of it? An error has occurred in the script of this page. Line 16 Char 1 Error Object expected Code 0 Url http://office.microsoft.com/client/outloorss.aspx?ns=OUTLOOK&lcid=1033 Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes No Thank you for any help you can give me! It's actually a failure on the page and not within Outlook. You can disable the page though or set it to another address if you like. To do this; Right click on...

Home page will not stay changed, it reverts back to MSN>
I log onto Google, go to internet opetions and set as my home page. When I close that page and open IE again MSN is my home page again. I tried locking the tool bar did not help. Am I dumed to us MSN as my home page? HELP Chet <Chet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I log onto Google, go to internet opetions and set as my home page. > When I close that page and open IE again MSN is my home page again. I > tried locking the tool bar did not help. > > Am I dumed to us MSN as my home page? How is this in any way related to Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...

Copying Multiple Pages
I was wondering if you can copy multiple pages of a Publisher document (Office 2003) at the same time and paste them into another document / or merge two documents together. Many thanks for your time Open the Office clipboard from the Edit menu, you will be able to collect 24 items. Be aware if your text boxes are linked you will not get the paste you want. Break the link, all the text will be shifted to the first text box even though you will not be able to see all of it. Create new text boxes in your new publication, link them again. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microso...

How do I export/save a shhet where some of the cells have multiple line values
At the office I wrote a perl script to proces the data exported/saved from an excel spreadsheet. I noticed that the perl script processed more lines than existed rows in the spreadsheet. Upon closer examination I noticed that some of the cells have multiple line values. Is there any way I can control the action of the export/save so that the multiple line val;ues are combined into a single line ? Thanks... The cells with multiple lines would have linefeeds in them. This would be the character 0010 which is entered using Alt + Enter Select all cells before export/save and Edit>Replace...

What's this web page feature called?
On the yahoo home page, if the mouse pointer hovers over items in the "My Favorites" list, a floating window opens up. http://m.www.yahoo.com/?r0=1258393277 Or www.yahoo.com which takes you to the first link. What's that feature called? I'm trying to find a way to disable it in IE 8. No clear responses since yesterday. I'm hoping maybe someone here has enough page design knowledge to just provide a bit of vocabulary. This group deals with Windows XP issues, the internetexplorer.general group would be a better place to ask. -- -- &qu...

how can i print cards on a single page and edit side two and make.
This isn't. Post your message in this bit, describe it in the top bit. That way, you see the entire message rather than just the start. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Publisher 2003 Line spacing
Hello, I'm reasonably new to Publisher but am getting there.... however, I'm struggling with something that's probably really simple to address. I've pasted articles from Word into Publisher and the bottom line of each paragraph is spaced differently to every previous line in the same paragraph - there seems to be additional space above the letters. I seem to have tried everything to resolve this - justification, line spacing, baseline guides... nothing seems to help. It's maybe none of those things, or maybe it is but I've not understood properly what I ne...

set Curved lines as default for Connector tool.
Is there a way to set "Curved Lines" as the default for the "Connector tool?" Now I have to draw the line with the default setting of "Straight Line" then change it to a curved line. I am using the Detailed Network Diagram template. Thanks Matt When you first use the Connector Tool, a master called Dynamic Connector is created in your Document Stencil. Open the Drawing Explorer Window Expand the Masters branch Right mouse the Dymanic connector master Select Edit Master Change the line to Curved Connector Close the Master Edit window (accept changes) T...

remove line breaks in word 07
I want to remove line breaks in word 07 without doing each one manually. All that I've found seems to apply to Excel or older versions of word. Is there a way to do it with this version? Thanks in advance. Line breaks or paragraph breaks? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <&...

Signatur Lines
How to make signatur lines only on return sales?? Regard Kenneth ...

Syntax error with WinDBG command line -c ".cls;g"
I am using WinDBG 6.12.2.663 to debug a target (VMWare ware guest) over COM pipe. I intend to pass a command line that clears the screen and continues debugging. So, I pass -c ".cls;g" and I get the syntax error Processing initial command '.cls;g' 0: kd> .cls;g ^ Syntax error in '.cls;g' It works fine if pass just -c ".cls" WinDBG help states that "If you are starting a debugging client, this command must be intended for the debugging server. Client-specific commands, such as .lsrcpath, are not allowed. ". Is that wha t...

Subject Line Does Not Appear
All of a sudden, when I go to send an e-mail, there is no place to enter the subject. All I can enter is the destination address, and, of course, the body of the message. I cannot find a setting for this anywhere in options. TIA for your help. Ken WB6QWF When in a new mail item go to the View menu & select Message Header. "Ken Gunton" <kgunton@woh.rr.com> wrote in message news:2md4p1hrclgumaacnmg8gcdb4cuqgb9l0a@4ax.com... > All of a sudden, when I go to send an e-mail, there is > no place to enter the subject. All I can enter is the > destination address, and...