spurious line after \page

I've played with this at length, but may have not tried all combinations--

SIMPLY: I have \page after the Title page, (and auto-pagination thereafter);

BUT, which leaves a line-space at the top of PAGE #1 (following the Title
page); (or in some combinations it leaves two-lines-spacing, at the top);

YET: I'd like a flush-top on PAGE#1 (after the Title page)....

UNDERSTAND: I have different \par-values afore and after \page: It has to
have a \par with the \page to effect each separately ... (as far as I know).

Ray.

I don't understand your terminology. What do you mean by \page and \par?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Mr. Raymond Kenneth Petry"
<MrRaymondKennethPetry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've played with this at length, but may have not tried all combinations--
>
> SIMPLY: I have \page after the Title page, (and auto-pagination
> thereafter);
>
> BUT, which leaves a line-space at the top of PAGE #1 (following the Title
> page); (or in some combinations it leaves two-lines-spacing, at the top);
>
> YET: I'd like a flush-top on PAGE#1 (after the Title page)....
>
> UNDERSTAND: I have different \par-values afore and after \page: It has to
> have a \par with the \page to effect each separately ... (as far as I
> know).
>
> Ray.

0
Suzanne
6/4/2010 2:29:58 AM
It looks like Mr. Petry is working directly in the code of an RTF
document. That said, I have no idea what's causing his problem (or,
for that matter, exactly what the problem is).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 21:29:58 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
<sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote:

>I don't understand your terminology. What do you mean by \page and \par?
>
>--
>Suzanne S. Barnhill
>Microsoft MVP (Word)
>Words into Type
>Fairhope, Alabama USA
>http://word.mvps.org
>
>"Mr. Raymond Kenneth Petry"
><MrRaymondKennethPetry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I've played with this at length, but may have not tried all combinations--
>>
>> SIMPLY: I have \page after the Title page, (and auto-pagination
>> thereafter);
>>
>> BUT, which leaves a line-space at the top of PAGE #1 (following the Title
>> page); (or in some combinations it leaves two-lines-spacing, at the top);
>>
>> YET: I'd like a flush-top on PAGE#1 (after the Title page)....
>>
>> UNDERSTAND: I have different \par-values afore and after \page: It has to
>> have a \par with the \page to effect each separately ... (as far as I
>> know).
>>
>> Ray.
0
Jay

Multi-page Print Preview
In previous versions of Publisher, it was possible to see 6-9 pages of a document at one time. The 2007 version appears to be limited to one page at a time. Furthermore, you no longet have tabs at the bottom of the screen for multi-page documents, making it easier to navigate to various pages. Print preview shows multi-pages. You were never able to view more than 2 pages on the publication screen in any Publisher version. The status bar is shown by default in 2007, there isn't an option in view to turn it off and on. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msau...

money 2003 home page #2
When I trasfer money between accounts IE: from a account being closed. How can I prevent it being recorded as income in the monthly reports as it is not extra income simply from one account to another You are using Transfer:[name of acct] as the "Category" for the transfer? You are seeing it as Income in the Monthly Report or in some other report? "Dv.towle" <Dvtowle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10B4683B-5C0B-45B8-8B75-EC81A3B71006@microsoft.com... > When I trasfer money between accounts IE: from a account being closed. How > can I prev...

How to automatically allow JavaScript but NOT (other) ActiveX execution on web pages?
When I visit web pages with embedded JavaScript then currently always a yellow bar at the top of the browser window appears telling me something about ActiveX and security risks. Ok, I can click manually on a submenu and allow the execution. But this is somehow annoying on the long run. How EXACTLY can I always automatically allow JavaScript scripts BUT NO OTHER ActiveX component execution? Is this possible at all or are the permissions undividable linked together? Brian ...

How do I make a water mark for an existing text page in publisher
When I insert a picture on my document then properties for watermark and arange to send to background the water mark disappears. and if I try other ways then my text on my original document dissappears. Put your watermark on the Master Page (ctrl+m). Any picture can become a watermark if you use the wash out feature. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jimmyy" <jimmyy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D0FCE3D-0A94-4908-BC33-2D9DA59DF614@microsoft.com... > When I insert a picture on my document then properties for watermark and > arange to send ...

Page Numbering within Sections
I have a Word template document with 3 sections: The first section contains one page which is not numbered. The second section contains 3 pages which are automatically numbered via inserting Page x of y and then converting y to a SECTIONPAGES field resulting in Pages 1 of 4, 2 of 4, and 3 of 4. So all is good up to this point. However, the 4th and final page is in landscape format and thus becomes the third section, but is being numbered 4 of 1 even though the 1 is a SECTIONPAGES field and the section is linked to previous and is listed as "same as previous". ...

Getting Trend Line Info from Chart
Hi - I am creating a manpower report and updating learning curve charts for a decision making tool through VBA. The issue I am having is the trend line (Power) in the charts gives me the output I need but I cannot figure out how to pull the values I want into the spreadsheet. I have tried a couple of functions but have come up empty handed. The RSQ function is not multilinear. Does anyone know the formula for a power trend line? For example out of 100 samples I get the following info: y = 1.5326x0.0657 R2 = 0.5744 Thank you in advance for any asssistance. Carrie -- Message posted via Offi...

Why does my HP 5Si prints 1 blank page for every page I print
My HP Laser Jet 5Si prints 1 blank page for every page I print in publisher. I can not find out why, or how to correct it. HELP! Are you printing multi-page documents? Are you saying every other page is blank? Has the printer always printed this way? Have you looked at printing preferences to be sure you don't have a separation page enabled? You have an old printer, could be your driver is corrupt. It is always advisable to completely remove a driver before installing or re-installing. Bruce Sanderson's Windows Web How to clean up printer drivers http://members.shaw.ca/bsander...

Forcing Odd Pages
Can I force an odd page every time a "Title" style is encountered (the "Title" style is what I used for my chapter titles)? :)Thanks, Lyndie ...

Column and line information in Word
I have my cursor in a Word document and want to see which column it's in and which line it's on. How do I view those details? In 2007, right-click over the Status Bar at the bottom of the Word window, and choose the options you wish to see, including Line Number and Column. Hope this helps DeanH "HS" wrote: > I have my cursor in a Word document and want to see which column it's in and > which line it's on. How do I view those details? ...

inserting phase lines on a line graph
Does anyone know how to insert a phase linei nto a line graph? Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Line Spacing in OutlookXP
When selecting stationary(sunflower) I lose the ability to change line spacing. When I type a list it double spaces, but when I type text it single spaces on the wrap. I cannot find a way to change the line spacing to single spacing. Outlook XP. I'm not sure if this is the best answer to your problem, but if you use SHIFT+ENTER instead of just ENTER for a return, you should get a single space instead of double. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** ...

EXCEL:printing row headings at the top of every page.
I have looked at the EXCEL help and am not able to get row headings at the top of every page. I see the sheet tab and I see where I am "supposed" to enter the rows to be printed at the top of every page. HOWEVER these cells are "grayed out" i.e. inaccessible. Is there something else I need to do before I can access this function? It seems simple enough, but I am not able to enter rows to be printed. Any ideas? Are the sheets grouped? as this will cause that to happen, in which case you need to ungroup and set the print area. -- Regards Ken.............

Calendar: print Daily style, 2 pages/day, no TaskPad, no Notes
Hello -- The Notes component of the Daily format still prints, even after I uncheck the Notes area box. The setting for Layout: 2 pages/day does not work. I tried setting up a printer to print 2 pages / landscape page and that did not work either. Can anyone suggest what I can do to have 2 consecutive days print side-by-side on an 8.5" x 11" landscape page? Thanks for any help. Larry Mehl ...

Grid lines are not aligned when I print. How do I fix this?
When I print my document the grid lines are not aligned. They appear to be fine on the screen. The alignment became crooked after moving the page borders so that the document will fit on one page. This sounds like a printer hardware problem not an Excel issue. Sorry, Sincerely, Gary Brown "Solution Seeker" <Solution Seeker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E73B3DCF-F08E-4929-B599-C3D083A155AA@microsoft.com... > When I print my document the grid lines are not aligned. They appear to be > fine on the screen. The alignment became crooked after moving the ...

Add previously created pages to book template
Is there a way to insert complete pages that was created in puplisher into a new template? Thanks With both files opened (two runnings of Publisher) you could copy/paste from one to the other. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Chatterless" <Chatterless@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BB18D39-B470-468A-82E6-38DB433D835A@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to insert complete pages that was created in puplisher into > a > new template? > > Thanks ...

Start label in middle of page
Hi Using labels for a laser printer I would like to instruct the report to start printing on a spesific row.. Reason, sometime you only print one or two rows. The next time that you print labels you must be able to instruct it on which row to start printing. Can it be done? Thanks Alfred On my website (www.rogersaccesslibrary.com), is a small Access database sample called "MultipleLabelsOffset.mdb" which illustrates one way to do this. -- --Roger Carlson MS Access MVP Access Database Samples: www.rogersaccesslibrary.com Want answers to your Access questions in your Ema...

Help creating a recital program book/several pages w/pictures and
I am creating a recital program book. It will be a 8 1/2 x 11 book with pictures, text and advertising and it will be in color. Over the years others who have created this book have just simply used the "publications for print" and other sources and the book hasn't been all that great (only the pub for print pages were good). Since I will be working on it, I want it to be great! I was assuming when I began this project that there was something already set up to help me create a multi-page book, but I am not finding it. I need something that I can create simil...

Save single pages????
Put together a 4 page doc in Publisher. Is there a way to save individual pages as seperate files? Need to send, e-mail, and files to large for server (38meg). Would like to break down(save) each page and send then be able to put back together. thanks, L. Hi L/P (info@wabashrealty.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Put together a 4 page doc in Publisher. || Is there a way to save individual pages as seperate files? || Need to send, e-mail, and files to large for server (38meg). Would || like to break down(save) each page and send then be able to put back || together. || || ...

How can i print sequential page numbers 1 to 10, if i have one wo.
I have an excel worksheet that is one page long. I want to print it 100 times with page numbers labeling it 1 to 100. How do i do this? DJN Code from Ron de Bruin's site. http://www.rondebruin.nl/print�.htm#number Sub PrintCopies_ActiveSheet() Dim CopiesCount As Long Dim CopieNumber As Long CopiesCount = Application.InputBox("How many Copies do you want", Type:=1) For CopieNumber = 1 To CopiesCount With ActiveSheet 'number in cell A1 '.Range("a1").Value = CopieNumber & " of " & Copi...

Trend line #2
Help! Can you use the trend line in Excel on a month by month basis? I’m using the trend line over a 12 month period Oct-02 to Sep-03 I have just changed the months to Nov-02 to Sep-03 have been given totally difference in trend lines. It this possible?? Last month the trend line indicated a 14% increase and with the new months is show a 60% decrease! Thanks Tony - How well do your trendlines match each year of data? If the data is curved, with an upwards slope early and a steeper downward slope in later months, you might see this kind of change. Things like trendlines and regressio...

Publishing to a Wbb Page
Is there a way to make the published htm, mht file to show up in the full screen like on the regular spreadhseet? Hi Chris, Do you mean F11 (Full Screen). Can you describe what you do see and what you really want ? --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Chris Chandler" <see@top.com> wrote in message news:Xns952F4BBBB4995nospmnet@207.46.248.16... > Is there a way to make the published htm, mht [HTML...

Mobile Express CRM4.0
Installed Mobile Express for CRM4.0. Customized & published the entity, but we are getting a "Page cannot be found error" at https://<CRM_server>/m. There is not a lot to configure so we are at a loss to explain why in our IFD environment we get this error (both internally as externally. Anyone else has this problem or better yet, figured this one out? Thanks, Hi Henricus, I installed it on my machine and it's working just fine, from where you are trying to call the url ? locally or remotely ? using IP address or dns name? -- Regards, Karim Mohamed "...

How do I print multiple pages on 1 sheet of A4 in Publisher 2002
Hi all, This is something that I have not been able to figure out but I expect is straight forward or impossible to do. I have a small page size (4" x 6") and so two of these pages will fit neatly onto an A4 sheet of paper. I can see how to print multiple COPIES of a page onto a single sheet, but I can't figure out how to print multiple pages onto a single sheet. If I choose to only print a single copy per page, Publisher decides to plonk the page in the middle on the A4 sheet. I can't see any option to get more than one page printed side by side. Any Ideas Chris ...

Excel "chops off" half of first line of text
I have a spreadsheet where one column is cells that each contain 30 to 50 words of text. Even after applying FORMAT, ROW, AUTOFIT when I print I lose the top 50% of the characters in most, but not all, of the top line of these cells. Everything looks fine on screen prior to printing. Has anyone any ideas or work-rounds, please? Hi, The easiest (and non programmatic) way to do this is to highlight the sheet, and mouse over one of the row divisions (i.e. between 2 rows, which you would normally use to resize). Double clicking here will expand all rows to autofit contents. Otherwise,...

Problem automatically inserting "This page is intentionally blank.
Hello, We have some procedures documents and manuals that use odd-page section breaks to separate chapters. Obviously, when a chapter ends on an odd page, Word adds a completely blank page before the next chapter. In order to eliminate this problem, we'd like to add a page with the mention "This page is intentionally blank." at the end of any chapter with an odd page count. I found a great article on the MVPs site by John McGhie: http://word.mvps.org/faqs/TblsFldsFms/InsEvnPgEndChap.htm It works great on some of our documents, but on others there is a problem....