spurious line after \page

I've played with this at length, but may have not tried all combinations--

SIMPLY: I have \page after the Title page, (and auto-pagination thereafter);

BUT, which leaves a line-space at the top of PAGE #1 (following the Title
page); (or in some combinations it leaves two-lines-spacing, at the top);

YET: I'd like a flush-top on PAGE#1 (after the Title page)....

UNDERSTAND: I have different \par-values afore and after \page: It has to
have a \par with the \page to effect each separately ... (as far as I know).

Ray.

I don't understand your terminology. What do you mean by \page and \par?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Mr. Raymond Kenneth Petry"
<MrRaymondKennethPetry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've played with this at length, but may have not tried all combinations--
>
> SIMPLY: I have \page after the Title page, (and auto-pagination
> thereafter);
>
> BUT, which leaves a line-space at the top of PAGE #1 (following the Title
> page); (or in some combinations it leaves two-lines-spacing, at the top);
>
> YET: I'd like a flush-top on PAGE#1 (after the Title page)....
>
> UNDERSTAND: I have different \par-values afore and after \page: It has to
> have a \par with the \page to effect each separately ... (as far as I
> know).
>
> Ray.

0
Suzanne
6/4/2010 2:29:58 AM
It looks like Mr. Petry is working directly in the code of an RTF
document. That said, I have no idea what's causing his problem (or,
for that matter, exactly what the problem is).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 21:29:58 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
<sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote:

>I don't understand your terminology. What do you mean by \page and \par?
>
>--
>Suzanne S. Barnhill
>Microsoft MVP (Word)
>Words into Type
>Fairhope, Alabama USA
>http://word.mvps.org
>
>"Mr. Raymond Kenneth Petry"
><MrRaymondKennethPetry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I've played with this at length, but may have not tried all combinations--
>>
>> SIMPLY: I have \page after the Title page, (and auto-pagination
>> thereafter);
>>
>> BUT, which leaves a line-space at the top of PAGE #1 (following the Title
>> page); (or in some combinations it leaves two-lines-spacing, at the top);
>>
>> YET: I'd like a flush-top on PAGE#1 (after the Title page)....
>>
>> UNDERSTAND: I have different \par-values afore and after \page: It has to
>> have a \par with the \page to effect each separately ... (as far as I
>> know).
>>
>> Ray.
0
Jay

Outlook as Start Page
Anyone Can anyone tell me how to have Outlook start up each time I turn my computer on. I have tryed putting it on the startup menu with no success. Thank You TomC ...

How Do I Remove Page # From Cover Sheet w/ Windows 2007?
I am writing a paper in Windows 2007 and cannot have a page number on the cover sheet. Help! Thanks : ) Presumably you mean Word 2007 since (a) there is no Windows 2007 and (b) Windows is not a word processor. Click in the header/footer to open it. In the Options group of the contextual Header & Footer Tools | Design tab, check the box for "Different First Page." Leave the First Page Header/Footer empty. If you need to start the numbering with 1 on the the second page, click on Page Number, choose Format Page Numbers, and change the "Page numbering" set...

why doesn't my page sorter toolbar display?
When I open up Microsoft "Publisher". the page sorter does not show. Without the page sorter I can't move to other pages in the document. How do I get the page sorter to display? When I created the publisher documents the page sorter was available. gs127 wrote: > When I open up > Microsoft "Publisher". the page sorter does not show. Without the > page sorter I can't move to other pages in the document. How do I get > the page sorter to display? > When I created the publisher documents the page sorter was available. =================...

C# Net GridView LinkButton open a new page
Hi, In my C# .Net framework 2.0 web application, I have a GridView which has the LinkButton ItemTemplate. I would like to have the click event for the LinkButton then it will open a new web page( not redirect). I think I'm stucking in the javascript with the asp control, need help! Thanks. Jason ...

In the .master code how to get the title defined in context <%@ Page
I'm using a master page. For each context page I need to add a meta tag containing the title of that page: <meta name="title" content="This is the Title" /> Be nice if didn't have to insert the meta tag into each page since there is many of them. Since my <%@ Page line already has the title in it, it would be nice if I could lift it using code in the master page and create the meta tag there. Do you know how that can be done. hanks Could add the meta dynamically like this on a basepage - Dim head As HtmlHead = CType(Page....

how to add line to stacked-clustered chart?
hi, i've read John Mansfield's solution at http://www.excelforum.com//showthread.php?t=332217 but it's not quite what i'm after since for the line i only have one data point per cluster/month and not three as in his example... ideally i would like to add a line series to Bernard Liengme�s stacked-clustered chart example at http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Columns.htm as my charts are based on it and i like his x-axis labelling format... thanks in advance for any help, anthony -- hifert ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

How do I create line borders with rounded edges in Publisher 2002
Using either the stock line art or borderart, I need to create and configure (adjustable line types and weight) round-edged borders. It would ge even greater if I can also control the level of 'roundness'. What you want is a graphics program. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "raydo" <raydo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FC14D74F-5693-47D5-A61F-818037BEB209@microsoft.com... > Using either the stock line art or borderart, I need to create and > configure > (adjustable line types and weight) round-edged borders. It would ge ...

how do I get navigation buttons to turn pages for a book
I have a book that I created, 2 page view. I want to convert the publication to a form that can be viewed in web form with navigation buttons at the bottom to turn the pages. After I converted to a web publication, I inserted navigation buttons, but it shows buttons for every page. I want it to show next and last buttons only. How can I get this done. Appreciate any assistance. Thank you. ...

The same worksheet has different page numbers for different users
Hi all, I have a problem where two users opening the same file and having the same page set up, end up with printed documents of different page counts when viewed through print preview and when printed. The only difference is that one user is on a W2K machine, the other on Windows 95. Has anyone any suggestions? The first suggestion is quite obvious (upgrade the '95 system) - but would expect the difference in page lengths (I presume the '95 syste fits less data to the page, thus producing more pages) would b attributed to Win2000 having a better grasp of variable width fonts -- ...

Changing trend lines with macro
Hi Has anyone ever worked out a way of changing trend lines (from sa linear to moving average) using a macro -- Brisbane Ro ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Brisbane Rob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2509 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56345 Turn on the macro recorder (Tools | Macro > Record new macro...), make the change through the UI, turn off the recorder, and switch to the VBE. XL will have generated the necessary code that you can customize/generalize as ...

average line needed from one single cell
in B3 to M3 (=12cells) I enter data for 12 months in N3, I calculate the average of the 12months How will I get an average line in a graph from that single cell N3? Thanks Hi, Tushar has an example of using a named range. http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html Cheers Andy Norbert wrote: > in B3 to M3 (=12cells) I enter data for 12 months > in N3, I calculate the average of the 12months > How will I get an average line in a graph from that single cell N3? > Thanks -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Hi Andy, thanks for tha...

Setting every text object in a detail line to bold.
I want to set all the text objects in the detail line to bold depending on a condition of one of those objects. For example, If txtExpired.Text <> "Current" Then txtExpired.FontBold = 1 : txtName.FontBold = 1 'etc. Else: txtExpired.FontBold = 0 : txtName.FontBold = 1 'etc. End If My question: Is there a syntax, of the form "For all objects in detail" that allows me to bold every text box in the detail line without setting each FontBold to 1 individually? If this is a Continuous form or datasheet, setting the properties like tha...

Page header in subreport does'nt repeat
Hi, I have an application in MS Access 2003 running under Windows XP SP3. Whatever I do, I can't manage to make the page header in my subreports to repeat on every new page of the master report that uses the subreport. When I run the subreport itself, it is possible to repeat the header by dragging the header to the "Page Header" section from "Report Header" section of the subreport, but then it wouldn't be seen in the master report. How can I resolve this? Regards M Shafaat That's correct: the page header and footer are de...

How to drag a picture from html page and save to local computer
Hi, I had written an application with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0(with sp5), I wanna drag a picture from html page and drop in my application, a dialog-based application, but I don't know how to set the clipboard format, CF_GIF?, and, If I can get a href-link for the picture, So my problem is addressed now. So..., I don't know how to do? Anybody can offer some articles or codes to help? Any help will be appreciated! Allen Chang ...

how can i print certain booklet pages as seen on my screen?
I am using Publisher 2003 and want to print out the pages of a 'booklet' to correct as proofs, but print them as I see them appear on the screen; and NOT as Publisher keeps printing them in the actual booklet page order which is different. Please help. ( Printing off the whole monitor screen is no good for me.) Open a new instance of Publisher, setup a new letter size page as landscape, copy/paste. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Duncan-Desperate" <Duncan-Desperate@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Blank lines on line input
Hi I'm using a recordset to read a text file and input the data into an access 2000 table. My problem is I want the line input to treat a blank line as eof, there is information after the blank line but I don't need to import it. This is my code Function ap1() Dim Filepath As String Dim Currentfile As String Dim rs As DAO.Recordset ' Database Dim fh As Integer ' File handle Dim lc As Long ' Line counter Dim ln As String ' Actual line Dim sp As Long ' Position of first space Dim thefile As S...

How do I e-mail only part (page 1) and not other pages on the sam.
A single worksheet may contain many pages. How do I e-mail just one of these pages and not the whole worksheet David H Hi David You can mail a selection or range Look for a example on my SendMail page http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "David H" <DavidH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85AC80F5-1CEF-41C7-8C34-BFEE3955867D@microsoft.com... >A single worksheet may contain many pages. How do I e-mail just one of these > pages and not the whole worksheet > David H ...

"Data Access Page" is not available in 2007, How to solve the internal network user's visit to the ACCESS ?
Dear all, According to the previous discussion I posted in this group, I understand that ACCESS 2007 do not have the "Data Access Page" functionality. I want to know in ACCESS 2007, how can my collegues, using the internal network, can visit and input data in my ACCESS document ? ( In ACCESS 2003, I use "Data Access Page" to let my collegues use my ACCESS document. ) Thanks. Martin Martin, The first thing that comes to mind is Sharepoint... http://sharepoint2007.microsoft.com/Pages/Default.aspx -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access...

Selecting Lines not Shapes ... how?
I'm new to Visio 2003, but have had long experience with Visio before a Microsoft product. I want to select all Lines but not the shapes (or visa versa). I can't find this level of control in Visio 2003. Is it available somewhere, or in controlled by a setting (or macro)? My hunch this not available. If this true, then then why was this ever removed? -- Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms What method did you select lines in a previous Visio version? I'm not aware of one. If your line are on a different layer than the other shapes in the drawing, you can cho...

command line parameter in a MFC application
Hello! I'd like to give a command line parameter to my application. How can I access the given strings, because the winmain is not available? Thanks for any help.... Martin Hi, try the class CCommandLineInfo. Ralf Schneewei� http://www.oop-trainer.de "sulai" <sulaiborg@freenet.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3f481802$0$1616$9b622d9e@news.freenet.de... > Hello! > > I'd like to give a command line parameter to my application. How can I > access the given strings, because the winmain is not > available? > > Thanks for any help.... Martin > ...

move graphic line
Hi, I have lines places. I want to identify lines by clicking on them. Many onLButtonDown I can scan the array of all the lines and see whose vertex is nearer and get the line.but this may not be correct always. How about mouse sticking in between the two vertexes, suppose I want to move the line. Thanks lee You should see the Drawcli tutorial in MFC sample projects. Vaclav <yang__lee@ausi.com> p�se v diskusn�m pr�spevku news:1145621555.899624.64140@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I have lines places. I want to identify lines by clicking on them. > Many onLButton...

block by subject line
Is there a way to block emails by subject line from the Exchange 2003 server without add-ons? Regards, Mark On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 08:25:46 -0400, "Mark" <canadaone@rogers.com> wrote: >Is there a way to block emails by subject line from the Exchange 2003 server >without add-ons? > >Regards, > >Mark > No. Exchange has some connection/recipient filtering capability however. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823866 "How to configure connection filtering to use Realtime Block Lists (RBLs) and how to configure recipient filter...

Graphing a line on a stock chart??
I've created stock chart (the one with bars) using the high, low, an close of the stock price. I'd like to add another data series and grap it in a line format rather than the type being used by the stock chart I can't figure out how to do it using the wizard. Is it possible? I not through the wizard, can it be done through VBA? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Jon Peltier has instructions for adding a series to a stock chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#OHLCplus PropKid < wrote: > I've created stock chart (the ...

Line spacing in text boxes for web pages
For some reason, the text formatting menu in the web page project area doesn't have an option for changing the line spacing from double-spaced. I want the text on my web pages to be single spaced. In all the other projects, you can use the text formatting menu to change the line spacing but I don't see that anywhere on my web page project. Surely, web pages don't *have* to be double- spaced? They *don't* have to be anything. Have you read the HELP file? How *would* we know when *you* don't tell us what version of Publisher you are using!!! Pity you *don't* hav...

Replace manual line breaks (Alt+Enter) with two spaces for selected cells
Dear Experts: For selected cells in a column, I would like to replace any line breaks (Alt + Enter) with two spaces using a macro solution. There are cells that have multiple line breaks! By the way: can this be achieved using the bulit-in search and replace functionality as well? Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas The return in the cell is code as an ascii character Linefeed which is a 10. In the code below I set a variable to character 10. You can also use vblf. You can use any string method with the linefeed like REPLACE to re...